PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-02-2001, 03:33 PM #1
HariKari

has been a member for 10 years
Why isn't the piranha STS G3 recommended more?

I'm a newb who has played one game before and I'm looking for gun and mask (I'm a dime a dozen, i know).

I've heard many recommendations on the 98 custom and the SL+ but none on the Piranha STS G3. Based on this review http://www.paintballgunreview.com/piranhastsg3.html it seems like a decent gun. For about $170 you get a gun with good accuracy, good balance, light weight and a vertical feed.

Is there any reason this gun is not recommended? I have been researching all three of these and right now I'm leaning toward the sls but I have to make sure it's a good gun.

The other thing I need is a good mask. After reading many faqs, I have concluded that I'm probably gonna buy a good mask and rent for a couple more games before getting a gun, just to make sure this is a game I want to invest in. I'm willing to spend about $40-90. I think I might get a JT flex 7(not ize). I'm probably gonna buy an all black version and skip on the fan for now.

Thanks for the help.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2001, 05:29 PM #2
Mr. Y2K
Prime Minister of Canada

Mr. Y2K is a Supporting Member
Mr. Y2K is a founding member
play more. play at least 6 more games before you really decide that this is something you want to do.

This is my witty remark.
Don't be hatin
Old 08-02-2001, 05:58 PM #3
HariKari

also will the JT work with glasses?
Old 08-02-2001, 06:08 PM #4
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
the jt will work ok with glasses but it's kinda uncomfortable. jt does make something for people with glasses that will fit a flex 7 or any spectra goggle: here

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
Old 08-02-2001, 08:47 PM #5
Budha
Paint Slüt

All JT masks work with glasses. As long as you dont have the huge huge ones. And the pirana is a cool marker. You should get it.
Old 08-03-2001, 12:12 AM #6
Deceit
What?

Deceit is a Supporting Member
they pretty much answered the glasses question. piranahas arent really that mainstream because you have the original spyders that are doing pretty well anyways. its just like nike and new balance. just the brand name.
Old 08-03-2001, 01:30 PM #7
Ilyag

My reccomendation on marker/mask combo. I personally bought a Core Sharc at a local pro shop for 150$. Mine came with a DYE 14" Stainless Steel Barrel, an Inline Regulator, an Expansion Chamber, and a Double trigger. I reccomend the marker, and it makes an awesome Spyder clone. It is very upgradable and any Spyder upgrades should work on it. I also would reccomend a VForce Mask if you wear glasses. I wear glasses myself, and they fit very well in it. Make sure the mask is Anti-Fog.
Old 08-03-2001, 11:38 PM #8
jfreak

The Piranha series are great little guns with some good features, most noticeable the standard quick strip. I think for durability the Tippmann 98 is much better, but the piranha is at least as reliable if not more so than a spyder. Performance will be pretty much the same for most guns. I also suggest you play a bit more before blowing a bunch of cash on equipment. Get a feel for the game and talk to players about what they use and why. When you do buy, select a good mask with a thermal lens, and don't buy into all the BS manufacturers put put to sell thier higher end models. Most of the add ons do little more than add looks and price. In most cases you are better off going with middle of the road package and spending money on a new barrel.
Old 08-05-2001, 08:32 PM #9
Aaron

Talking

I've seen alot of people that had piranas have leaking problems. Just play it safe and get a Spyder.
Old 08-05-2001, 09:11 PM #10
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
Aaron-
Pirahna and Spyder are practically the same gun, so if there were leaking problems with the pirahna, then there could be leaking problems with a spyder.
Old 08-06-2001, 06:18 PM #11
Aaron

That's true, but the Spyders I've seen haven't done that. Ive seen more problems with the piranah.