Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-09-2012, 06:29 PM #1
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Guam will capsize

Don't know if any of you have seen this before but morning talk radio had me laughing my *** off on the way to work the other day ripping on this guy. It really is mind blowing how stupid some of our elected officials are.
Animal_Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2012, 06:49 PM #2
drgonzo
Half-cocked

has been a member for 10 years
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3357257
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3357943
Old 11-09-2012, 06:52 PM #3
Animal_Mother (Banned)

wtf, why would the radio be talking about something said 2yrs ago? Didn't know it was that old.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM #4
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother View Post
wtf, why would the radio be talking about something said 2yrs ago? Didn't know it was that old.
Lemme guess, right-wing radio?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:00 PM #5
Animal_Mother (Banned)

**** I dunno man, it's a rock station. They don't talk politics too often, just rag on people who say stupid ****.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:04 PM #6
drgonzo
Half-cocked

wow that is odd then. my guess would be that the person who put it on the air is on some conservative chain mail lists, and conservatives are digging deep these days for anything to feel good about. and I'm not saying that to be partisan.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:10 PM #7
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Both parties are. I would have laughed just as hard and called a Republican a retard had he/she said that ****.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:44 PM #8
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

That idiot represents one of the most pathetic areas in the city, they deserve him. Total loser, corrupt to the core as well.

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:50 PM #9
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
How do people come up with this crap?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:19 PM #10
F1VENOM

When all you've studied is law and getting rich it starts to make sense. We just doubled our number of physicists in congress to two which is a long standing problem. Maybe someone else can help me out by posting the NdT tweets since I'm on my phone. Compare that to Angela and her PhD in physical chemistry and we look far behind the times.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:24 PM #11
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
I'd like it if regular Joe, vice lawyer John, was able to have a seat in either house... leaving the flavor of educational pedigree out of the equation.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:28 PM #12
F1VENOM

I would seriously contemplate a jump across the pond if a regular Joe were elected to congress. Unless our education increases dramatically prior to this.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 PM #13
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
I would seriously contemplate a jump across the pond if a regular Joe were elected to congress. Unless our education increases dramatically prior to this.
I'm a normal guy, I do pretty well. As far as educational pedigree is concerned... I'm not even store brand dog chow.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:37 PM #14
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
I'm a normal guy, I do pretty well.
You're also the exception and a veteran. There'd have to be an entrance exam, but given the **** that comes out of there I think we've needed one for a while.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 PM #15
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Entrance exam would be racist, as it would promote only white's to score high on the test.

Al Franken is a regular joe, no? He made it in the senate, golly.

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:58 PM #16
F1VENOM

Lulz, I think the exam should be for the chance to run.

Al Franken isn't an idiot and graduating with honors from Harvard is hardly regular Joe.

Last edited by F1VENOM : 11-09-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:24 PM #17
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

You can have really backwards *** ideals and still be smart.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:26 PM #18
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volucris View Post
You can have really backwards *** ideals and still be smart.
Ideals aren't what concerns me, a functional knowledge of science does.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:39 PM #19
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
You can be total book smart and not have common sense. It reminds me of a documentary I watched in my psych class, people with extremely high IQ's don't have very good social IQ's. It's sort of the same thing.

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:23 AM #20
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
You can be total book smart and not have common sense. It reminds me of a documentary I watched in my psych class, people with extremely high IQ's don't have very good social IQ's. It's sort of the same thing.
What does that have to do with someone thinking an island can capsize due to high population?
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:11 AM #21
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Al Franken isn't an idiot and graduating with honors from Harvard is hardly regular Joe.
Not to mention he had quite a successful career and was quite well known before politics. He is further from a regular joe than even most congresspeople.