Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-04-2007, 12:28 PM #1
fretmelter

well everyone sle was doing it. my marker design.

ok it uses stacked tubes. spyder valve asembly, a ram replaces the srtyker, then the blowback gases put the ram back in place. ram is single acting. controled by a noid valve with air comming from the front of the gun. its in google scetch up sooooo im n ot sure how u guys are ganna see it. ummmm the only way u can see is if u have google scetchup and uplode a model and search for MY OOBER GUN by: MY OOBER GUN

oh and ignor the little tan triangle in front of the spyder valve.
ok and here are some pics.

Last edited by fretmelter : 08-04-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2007, 12:43 PM #2
crf100andion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretmelter View Post
ok it uses stacked tubes. spyder valve asembly, a ram replaces the srtyker, then the blowback gases put the ram back in place. ram is single acting. controled by a noid valve with air comming from the front of the gun. its in google scetch up sooooo im n ot sure how u guys are ganna see it. ummmm the only way u can see is if u have google scetchup and uplode a model and search for MY OOBER GUN by: MY OOBER GUN

oh and ignor the little tan triangle in front of the spyder valve.
ok and here are some pics.

that sketch doesnt look half bad. but blowback is not really a reliable way to do that. as explained in your other thread. also you spelled the word "else" terribly wrong.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:48 PM #3
Codymm1014
Its MY CUP

has been a member for 10 years
maybe try using a spring as a return so it would be kinda like a Fasor.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:48 PM #4
fretmelter

hmmmm then maby i can use a spring return ram or dual action and use air to bring it back into place.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:59 PM #5
fretmelter

yeah i mean there really isnt much to it.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:48 PM #6
jonotwist
MORE ENTHUSIASM

jonotwist is playing at Living Legends X
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
a dual ation ram would be a bit harder to produce but will be more efficient and reliable. the fasor, FASOR? concept would be the simplest an almost easy drop-in

"Sometimes it's not whether you win or lose. Sometimes it's how many pages you add to the rulebook."

We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:31 PM #7
fretmelter

does tht mean i need a new valve hammer and bolt ((mabe not bolt) and a spring, and any thing else?
Old 08-04-2007, 05:35 PM #8
nenkitsune

actually the blowback gas would be way strong enough to reset the ram. the problem is, how is the ram going to stay in the rest position without anything holding it? Maybe a magnet of some sort, or a very light spring would work.

Spyder E-99 Avant (out of commission/spimmifying)
Kingman EM-1: Kapp Bushmaster V/A, Bumper mod, Modded stock bolt, Tboarded (ver a), WGP Ergo reg

My Feedback
Old 08-04-2007, 09:40 PM #9
fretmelter

yeah a light spring would probably increase consistency too. since it would return to the same spot every time.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:21 PM #10
paintballa8224
Engineer in the Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretmelter View Post
hmmmm then maby i can use a spring return ram or dual action and use air to bring it back into place.
Just get a BKO asa/ram/noid and mill the body to make it fit? It might take a little work, but from the looks of things, thats about what you're trying to achieve. I have a ram and noid from a BKO, but am lacking a spyder and a mill. I was considering doing this, but there's no real need.

If you were to go that route, you would have to use an pre-2k4 style BKO asa where the LPR is integrated. After that you would need to plug the hole to on the top, and drill in from the back. You would also need to rig something up to hold the spring for the poppit. After that, just make the ram fit, and solder in the solenoid. May require a little more work than that, but none the less, that is the basic idea.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:30 PM #11
fretmelter

hmmmm tht sounds complicated and too much custom work for my taste. i like my idea cuz its very little to no modding to the body.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:39 AM #12
fretmelter

also i have another question, i ma probably ganna get a cocker ram to do this. so would a noid move enuff air to suply the cocker ram enuf power to hit the valve pin. or do i need a 3-way i was actually thinking of using a 3-way so i dont have to mess with electronics and buying the right noid.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:16 PM #13
killr_b323
Dude, wheres my title?

There used to be a drop in spyder kit similar to this, I can't remember what it was called now. Basicly it was a one way ram, delrin bolt, noid, frame, and a spring to return the ram. It basicly turned spyders into bkos. It was only about $200 though, not bad imo.

Instead of doing this, I would just build a spimmy, I know what it's like wanting to tinker with everything, but I just don't think blowback is a good method of returning the ram. That's my $.02 anyway.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:29 PM #14
fretmelter

yeah but spimmys are too expensive mods
Old 08-05-2007, 12:57 PM #15
fretmelter

maby i could use a double acting ram, then a 3-way, use them both like a cocker does what do u guys think about tht?
Old 08-09-2007, 12:17 AM #16
fretmelter

ok i had this idea to fire a spider marker by using a ram to pus the valve but i decided to use a dual action to be more consistent. and now tht i think of it when i pull the trigger and it moves a rod in the 3-way. what if i hold the trigger too long then the ram stay forward still hitting the valve so the valve could be open for more then it is supposed too. AND i cant pull the trigger the same amount of time every pull and the blowback gases isnt enuff to push a ram back when it wants to go forward. MAMA MIA what do i do?