Noung is a Paintball photographer
Noung donated to help Peyton Trent
Noung owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Noung supports Team VICIOUS
Noung is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by LU_aDaK View Post

Wow!...I like it!

I have plan to get the new marker soon!...And, Q7 are my new choice!...I can't wait to join FEP familia!

Old 03-20-2007, 12:54 AM #45
rinso
Ghostbuster

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
hmmmm....no gauge port....interesting, found another shaved oz lol. 5 more to go
I don't care for an inline pressure gauge, but I DO like having an LPR gauge; the extra weight doesn't bother me. I think the Quest is light enough. Looks nice, but I also think the reg is too close the the trigger guard. And I also don't like the look of the new snatch pin. I don't dislike it, but there is (IMHO) room for improvement (like perhaps a port for an optional LPR gauge). Just think of this a constructive criticism
Old 03-20-2007, 12:57 AM #46
LU_aDaK
Brindle T2 & Resurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinso View Post
I don't care for an inline pressure gauge, but I DO like having an LPR gauge; the extra weight doesn't bother me. I think the Quest is light enough. Looks nice, but I also think the reg is too close the the trigger guard. And I also don't like the look of the new snatch pin. I don't dislike it, but there is (IMHO) room for improvement (like perhaps a port for an optional LPR gauge). Just think of this a constructive criticism
I am feeling the same way about the reg and trigger frame...but They know best, I guess we can just wait and see.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:48 AM #47
MVP BRENT

I would let the q7 have my babies
Old 03-20-2007, 05:15 AM #48
::SYNTAX:::

mmm

I'm keeping my 06 quest till it's obsolete

with that being said, it is now going to sit in it's new home, a padded guncase along with a couple other guns for another year.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:52 AM #49
dj red dog

dj red dog plays in the APPA D5 division
I'm taking a stab in the dark at guessing the price for the Body Kit setup to be around $150 retail. With that being said I think that will be a bit costly if they think they are going to move alot of them. Why did I guess that price? Well you get the body kit, the snatch pin($40), the new bolt ($40), the headlock ($20). The total of the 3 parts alone without the body kit is around $100. I really hope they offer JUST the body kit without all the other accessories and at a decent price. Cross your fingers.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:55 AM #50
LU_aDaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj red dog View Post
I'm taking a stab in the dark at guessing the price for the Body Kit setup to be around $150 retail. With that being said I think that will be a bit costly if they think they are going to move alot of them. Why did I guess that price? Well you get the body kit, the snatch pin($40), the new bolt ($40), the headlock ($20). The total of the 3 parts alone without the body kit is around $100. I really hope they offer JUST the body kit without all the other accessories and at a decent price. Cross your fingers.
Price has already been confirmed in a previous thread(from David Palmer) as $399.

My GUESSES ON PRICING** these are purely speculation with no knowledge backing them.

1)They offer a body kit for 399, might seem abit steep but it is quality---something for poorer quest users who want to refresh the look of their marker, and have a LE.

2) Q7, sexy new look of our favorite gat, 10x more streamline...and 7 oz lighter.....I am betting on a $999 pricetag, probably droping to 899 a few months after release.

3) Kelevera, "Bad Dog", With all the features I have heard from Cole, and bragging from Dave....I see it around $1199 Like Bob Longs new(er) toy.

Considering the quality of the markers I think price is even more justified than most of the other 07 line around the league. The Dm7 maybe beautiful, but there is no way any gat is worth 1399+(I hope I dont eat my words on this.)

^^^^Pure speculation and business reasoning skills. Last years Quest was $895 and it was the very first year, without going for any outrageous(=More expensive milling) just to show the world what the Quest had to offer. Now with a proven design (Flame somewhere else if your angry because you broke your own quest and your bitter....or if you thing poor harnesses & a defective run of GM bolts would make my statement untrue) they have the ability to mold it into one of the lightest, most streamline gats available...so yes it is going to cost more, aggressive milling is not cheap, ESPECIALY when your shaving 7oz, alot of OOPS might happen making a marker that slender, and those bodies will never be sold and be a loss(of $).

Regardless I am ranting, I dont know why, I am done, be happy....?

Last edited by LU_aDaK : 03-20-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:15 AM #51
GET_SMOKED

Quote:
Regardless I am ranting
We know We know.LOL JK
Old 03-20-2007, 10:24 AM #52
LU_aDaK

Mu hahahahahahaha.....well I havent seen Jeff do it in ages, I thought it was about time for a slightly lengthy post...with personal insights that just needed to be shared, why I dont know, I wont ever know.....just like I dont know why all my sentences never end(the majority of the time)-I am obsessed with ending sentences with () or ...... or ---- or ,

^ now that is not a rant that is a ramble.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:39 AM #53
Faffi

I'm going to assume streamline means mainstream ?

The reason the body kit costs so much is because it comes with
GM Bolt - 45$
Snatch Pin - 40$?
Headlock - 27$

So [399 - (45+40+27)] = 287$ = Only the body.

I hope they sell it that way
Old 03-20-2007, 11:10 AM #54
dj red dog

dj red dog plays in the APPA D5 division
I missed the initial price announcement, thanks for the update. However $399 isn't going to fly. I wish them luck. Is it a $$$ issue because im broke/poor, not at all because I'm very much wealthy but to "mod" my gun I'm definitely not dropping $400, or even $300 to upgrade the styling. I would sell my current quest and purchase new instead. Just MHO.

pz.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:25 AM #55
Faffi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj red dog View Post
I missed the initial price announcement, thanks for the update. However $399 isn't going to fly. I wish them luck. Is it a $$$ issue because im broke/poor, not at all because I'm very much wealthy but to "mod" my gun I'm definitely not dropping $400, or even $300 to upgrade the styling. I would sell my current quest and purchase new instead. Just MHO.

pz.

QFT except for resale value is
Old 03-20-2007, 11:25 AM #56
LU_aDaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faffi View Post
I'm going to assume streamline means mainstream ?

The reason the body kit costs so much is because it comes with
GM Bolt - 45$
Snatch Pin - 40$?
Headlock - 27$

So [399 - (45+40+27)] = 287$ = Only the body.

I hope they sell it that way
I was mentioning streamline to describe the milling style, almost a smooth aerodynamic...less blocky look, which makes the whole gun flow much better...

Good price break down but also factor in a new, 10x stronger feedneck design.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:28 AM #57
LU_aDaK

Quote:
Dont make me loose it again about the resale. QUEST IS Late 05/early 06 marker, it started at 895 new. LOOK AT THE DM's and PM's and G7's. Their resale plumeted far lower than that of the quest. AND it was the quests first year! They were tourney prizes for teams that could not use them do to sponsorship...which means quick sale for the team fund.

Be happy resale was strong...It is sill not too bad. It will level out around 500.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:20 PM #58
GET_SMOKED

Quote:
Here we go again.Quest has decent resale.Start comparing other high end guns resales and then start talking about poor resale.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:53 PM #59
Humbled

Sorry to so folks, but all but 27 of the body kits have been sold "paid for" remember we are only doing 300....NO MORE!!! Thanks for your support!
Old 03-20-2007, 01:57 PM #60
Physcojosh
FEP Hawaii TECH

Quote:
I paid 850$ Shipped for mine Back in Oct/Nov of 05.. it was a First Run.. not more then maybe a month out... And i can still sell it for 5-600 ...Not bad for a marker almost 1 1/2 years out... Now the 06 timmy i had on the other hand.. less then a year and its down to 5-600... which Retailed for More...

Resale only seems to be Down as of now.. HB is comming, everyone wants new Toys Etc... after HB it should even out pretty well like Lu_aDak said.. and hey if not. more power to those Joining the family.

There's a price you'll pay for trying hard to become whatever they are and saying whatever they say.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:58 PM #61
Physcojosh
FEP Hawaii TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbled View Post
Sorry to so folks, but all but 27 of the body kits have been sold "paid for" remember we are only doing 300....NO MORE!!! Thanks for your support!
I wanna q7!! my flights in 10 Hrs!! and .. Grats on the Sales!! i bet those 27 sell like hotcakes

There's a price you'll pay for trying hard to become whatever they are and saying whatever they say.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:01 PM #62
GET_SMOKED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physcojosh View Post
after HB it should even out pretty well like Lu_aDak said.. and hey if not. more power to those Joining the family.
Things like this bring new family which is good.Only expanding and growing.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:24 PM #63
Humbled

Oppp's 24.....lol....