Old 01-23-2011, 01:09 PM #85
ayabrae

ayabrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2011, 01:29 PM #86
SportsAction (Banned)

Vivendi, which now owns blizzard did not own them when diablo came out

Secondly, I highly doubt by working for Vivendi you would be offered anything from blizzard, Vivendi is a MASSIVE company that has multiple holdings wayyy bigger than blizzard, blizzard is a drop in the bucket for a company like that
SportsAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:33 PM #87
ayabrae

You're thinking of Activision who merged with Vivendi.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:45 PM #88
SportsAction (Banned)

Acitivion bought blizzard who then Vivendi bought the result

Vivendi basically has nothing to do with gaming, and Blizzard doesnt even effect their stock in the least, thats saying alot when you have 100 million subscribers at $15 a month
Old 01-23-2011, 01:50 PM #89
solrflare

solrflare is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
solrflare donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
I have doubts his mom works for Blizz anyways.

Actually, no, I take that back. She probably does. They probably do need someone to make sandwiches/give blowjobs because the devs are too busy rushing out ****ty, unfinished games.
Harsh on Blizzard, bra!
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
solrflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:03 PM #90
ayabrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsAction View Post
Acitivion bought blizzard who then Vivendi bought the result

Vivendi basically has nothing to do with gaming, and Blizzard doesnt even effect their stock in the least, thats saying alot when you have 100 million subscribers at $15 a month
No. Vivendi Games (which is part of the huge Vivendi media conglomerate) owned Blizzard before the merger. They then merged into Activison Blizzard and that replaced what Vivendi Games once was.

Vivendi doesn't have anything to do with gaming, they're a conglomerate.

Activison Blizzard is a fairly significant portion of Vivendi.

WoW doesn't have 100 million subscribers.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:25 PM #91
Stealthgerbil
GERBIL

Quote:
Everquest is IMO amongst the greatest games ever made

I've had like 15-17 computers in my lifetime, my console gaming started with a Sega Master system, and after gaming for the past 22 years or so, i can still safely say my favorite game of all time is still EQ

people who didnt play it prior to it's Luclin expansion dont even have a clue what it was like, WoW is a joke compared to what EQ once was.
mother****in truth

also if World of Warcraft was your first mmo you are not a true MMO player. in fact it just makes you a scrub!
Stealthgerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:28 PM #92
Stealthgerbil
GERBIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayabrae View Post
>he majority of the experience over WoW was, as that paragraph explained was hundreds of thousands of people being pushed into a world where they actually had to EXPLORE to find things, items, quests, etc. they weren't just guided by an online data bank, nor did EQ quests have quest markers as WoW does which make it as simple as following dots on a map..

Actually, that's EXACTLY how WoW was. Now, the game has changed, but when WoW first released there was no guidance.

>imo MMORPG's are ruined forever due to WoW, which has made the entire goal of the game to get to the end content as fast as possible, in EQ people may have taken YEARS to get to level 50/60, because they were busy doing craft skills, exploring, chatting with friends, helping others, etc.

Every MMO doesn't copy WoW, so that's another moot point.

>Every MMORPG from here on in, even if a game like StarWars the old republic or w/e becomes the new "it" MMORPG, it will be the same ****, people wont give a **** about the story line, enviroment, the first people will get the game on launch day, and hit the level cap within the first month, if not week

The deep story will be one of the selling points for the new SW game.

>Another huge problem that pretty much "pussifies" the MMORPG experiance is instances, if there were no instances and every dungeon was common to the entire MMORPG world, it becomes much more of a "real" world where large powerfull guilds can basically bully smaller less powerfull guilds, if your going to allow people to get to the level cap in a week of playing, you might as well enforce competition amongst those who are.

Subjective point. I disagree anyway.

>In the "Arena" zone, which was basically the first form of WoW's duels etc. there would be 250-300 people sitting around an elevated platform watching the best of the best characters from each of the most powerfull and recognizable guilds battle it out, when you saw <X guild> beside their name you automatically knew they were somebody.

Depending on your server, people can become pretty e-famous on their servers whether it be for PvP, PvE, or just trolling chat channels.

>And dont even get me started on gryphon rides etc. between towns in WoW.. unless you could find a level capped enchanter, or a HIGH level wizard in EQ to teleport you, you better prep your *** for a 2-4 hour run across the world, sometimes i'd run a character over a 3 hour run just so i could hunt in a certain noob area I liked.

Nobody wants to spend 2-4 hours of running. That's just ****ing stupid and boring.

>but no MMORPG will ever feel like EQ.

Yes, it's called nostalgia.
man you are a sperglord who picks apart peoples posts line by line way to go sir!!

Last edited by Stealthgerbil : 01-23-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Stealthgerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:09 PM #93
ayabrae

lol what the ****?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:54 PM #94
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR
Dyin's for Fools!

C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Buying Warcraft III the day it came out backin 2002 was legit.
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:55 PM #95
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR
Dyin's for Fools!

C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
The Golden Age was the late 80's and early 90's.

There are lots of great games for other systems, and the PC... but the golden age was definitely the late 80's and early 90's.

Yup. It pretty much ended with PS1 and N64.
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:34 PM #96
Kanvass
Ballistic Missionary

Kanvass supports Cereal Killerz 2
Kanvass donated to help Peyton Trent
Kanvass supports Bob Gurnsey
Kanvass supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0ck3r_W0RR1OR View Post
Buying Warcraft III the day it came out backin 2002 was legit.
I did that and was underwhelmed, whilst being legit. (and yes, I played all the way through)

I do enjoy how people take a completely subjective topic and argue for 5 pages eventually devolving into a "your mom" thread. Do go on. I need to refill my popcorn first, though.

"He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave." - Sir William Drummond

Old Feedback
Kanvass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:46 PM #97
ayabrae

Games aren't completely subjective and it's only 3 pages.

Idiot.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:09 PM #98
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Vivendi, which now owns blizzard did not own them when diablo came out

Secondly, I highly doubt by working for Vivendi you would be offered anything from blizzard, Vivendi is a MASSIVE company that has multiple holdings wayyy bigger than blizzard, blizzard is a drop in the bucket for a company like that
She ran the Vivendi packaging facility for blizzard, and she would bring me home any defected product. Defects included misprinted labels, scuffed box art. Hell i can even tell you where the ****ing office was located if you want me to.

They used to be in Hawthorne california then in 2001 (if i remember correctly) The company relocated to Fresno california. I know this because our family had to relocate with the company.

CONSPIRACY THEORIST EXTRAORDINAIRE
MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:34 AM #99
SportsAction (Banned)

lol your family had to relocate for a packaging job?..

i dont doubt now she worked there because i completely overlooked the vivendi gaming portion of the company

BTW, Legit was buying Diablo 2 in the massive collectors edition box the day it came out

unfortunately we went on a family trip the day after i got it for a week, i re-read the PC gamer review of it like 30 times until we got back home so i could play lol
Old 01-24-2011, 12:56 AM #100
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard is playing at Living Legends VIII
digitard has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard is Legendary
Legit was using every last penny of your birthday money to get the NES w/ the Lightgun (Hogans Alley/Duckhunt) instead of the regular edition because the light gun was epic!

** NOTE: At 6yrs old I didn't have 150 bucks in bday money in 1986. I just used every last penny to upgrade it from what my dad was already buying to the deluxe NES.
-- Secondary note: Legit was never touching the damn thing again after you got your Duck Hunt fix (Hogans Alley was weak IMHO).
Old 01-24-2011, 09:04 AM #101
KING_GEEDORAH

KING_GEEDORAH plays in the PSP
KING_GEEDORAH plays in the APPA D3 division

these ran my childhood
KING_GEEDORAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:59 AM #102
pballler2269

pballler2269 helped look for balloons
For me, the golden age of gaming is right now. Im 15 so I never got the chance to experience all of the games on n64 and other systems. The earliest I remember playing was the PS1. I loved Spyro and Crash Bandicoot (sp?). My all time favorite games would have to be Vanilla WoW (started playing when I was 8, got my first 60 when I was 9). CoD4 was another great one too.
pballler2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:05 AM #103
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
lol your family had to relocate for a packaging job?..

i dont doubt now she worked there because i completely overlooked the vivendi gaming portion of the company

BTW, Legit was buying Diablo 2 in the massive collectors edition box the day it came out

unfortunately we went on a family trip the day after i got it for a week, i re-read the PC gamer review of it like 30 times until we got back home so i could play lol
not really a packaging job. She ran the whole facility. not like she was one of the workers on the line, plus Vivendi payed for the whole move + like $4k to get settled in and pay rent.

CONSPIRACY THEORIST EXTRAORDINAIRE
MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:15 PM #104
AKMetal
wat?

AKMetal is reppin' sidebar 4 life
i concur with the 1st post.. epic games.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:49 PM #105
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
mario on the brick gameboy was where it was at

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?