PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 01-28-2013, 04:22 PM #106
SixRomeo
Alpha

has been a member for 10 years
In the interest of full disclosure, I was the guy with the pump. This is actually a very common practice at scenarios with instant respawn. Had more people stayed, we could have built a human pillbox and fought all day.

Thanks to Professor, who volunteered to shield me. I owe you one, Sam.

-A

AA
SixRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2013, 05:07 PM #107
mouse52

Fun game! Had a blast weather was good and saw a lot of sportsmanship displayed. The way the game should always be played. Red team should of set up in crossroad village in the am and it would of been pretty tough to get u guys outa there. Seemed to really want to push tape side but I liked the gamble.
See u @ Alamo
mouse52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:14 PM #108
scuba1138
Black Phoenix Team Leader

As General of the Penguins I had a great experiance commanding this game. The game was definitely well thought out and concieved. I would like to Thank my penguins because without them I would not of come out with a victory! Hercules Papadogiannis, Cliff and the rest of Undertakers Paintball Inc., for bringing out the Cleaner which made short work of any entrenched Polar bears. I would like to thank My Disposable Heroes Paintball Team LAW MEN! Eric Gieswein and Rodney Clarke which kept bunkers empty and Teddy Bear tanks in the Parking lot! As for the main force of Infantry I would like a shout out to Tri State M with our awesome partnership! we always are rolling together and are some what unstoppable! Hostile take over we dont run together often but im glad we had the oppurtunity yesterday definitely have to do that again!

And I would like to apologize to Pete Leszczuk How could i forget you guys on stage!? without you guys we may not have been able to hold them in their insertion all day You guys and the rest of Black Dog Mafia Paintball Team are like you said walking tanks mowing people down! I appreciate the help you guys brought to the field yesterday.

Last but not least To my group of Beautiful bad ***** Black Phoenix Paintball Team You are the family that makes paintball so fun. I'm glad to fight along side all of you because well, Your an interesting bunch at the least.

Thank you carl and topgun staff fpr a great game we will be back to topgun in the near future. and I would like to say thank you to Anthony My personal general ref, you were with me all day and never left my side good job keeping up with me.

Ali Mahvan Good try dude I give you props for one of your first times generaling. the fight was hard im sure, I hope this is something you can learn from. and i hope to see you for a rematch!

Not bad for an Internet tough guy right?! @Delta

09-Darkops 4 - 2010 Darkops6 MVT
2010 Picasso lake Pirates VS vikings MVT
Proudly sponsored by
scuba1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:50 PM #109
k2riser
Trooper#7

Thanks for the shout out Steve! We look forward to playing with you guys again. Let me know when you are general again at another game. We will be there for you.

I've been called an internet tough guy too but, you know me. I'm always open to a challenge.

I had a thought....how about for the Alamo this year, we have you General one side and someone from Delta general the other side? Since you guys seem to have a challenge out there that has yet to be satisfied, why don't we get this rivalry onto the field. I think it would make for a great game!!!

What do you guys think?

Last edited by k2riser : 01-29-2013 at 12:05 AM.
k2riser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:01 AM #110
r_clarke
Disposable Heroes

Here is the video from disposable heroes, Enjoy it in 720P if you can.Thanks to everyone that played, the command staff, mvp/mvts..
Shout out to T.S.S.O.C's Professor for the busted bunker play, its crazy when the players know the rules better than the refs

Animal Custom Paintball Gear_HitMan Gear
Psycho Scenario Mask covers

WEB
www.facebook.com/disposableheroespaintballteam

Last edited by r_clarke : 01-29-2013 at 07:49 AM.
r_clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:46 AM #111
shadawg
am i evil...yes i am

shadawg donated to help Peyton Trent
shadawg owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2riser View Post
Thanks for the shout out Steve! We look forward to playing with you guys again. Let me know when you are general again at another game. We will be there for you.

I've been called an internet tough guy too but, you know me. I'm always open to a challenge.

I had a thought....how about for the Alamo this year, we have you General one side and someone from Delta general the other side? Since you guys seem to have a challenge out there that has yet to be satisfied, why don't we get this rivalry onto the field. I think it would make for a great game!!!

What do you guys think?
Jason I'm going to keep it kind here.
For a Internet badass he had every chance to pop over and say hi since we were right next to him. Yet he waited till he was safely home to talk some shizz.
When Scuba Steve is ready to take off the training wheels and play a 24 hr game we will be waiting for him. If he wants to be taken seriously there are places where we'd be happy to do some dick measuring, this wasnt the place. We came out to have some fun and be entertained and we surely were.

Deano it was fun see ya at the lake.
For me and my guys we had some fun playing in the snow and seeing a lot of old friends.
Highlight of my day was holding off the entire left tape line after the break with a empty luxe. I was standing in the open dry firing it upside down at the snowdrift camo guys (scuba Steve I'm pointing out those were your guys since we're going on blast) talk about being unaware.
Carl and Carl jr. Thanks for letting us shoot the first strikes. For those we watched wipe off the hits thanks for catching $.40 per hit anyway.
Alpha a pleasure as always. Likewise to our friends on TSSOC.
There are a ton of great games coming up in the mid Atlantic this year and you can surely count on seeing us at a bunch of them.
The next major one is Sedition in March. We hope we see you there.
To the Internet tough guys, bring your keyboard. We've got wifi.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:21 AM #112
shadawg
am i evil...yes i am

Actually on second thought maybe I'm not going to be so kind.
Delta came out in the cold to support Jason and Hostile Takeover and their promotion of their home field, which is something he has done for many many many teams.
Steve you had a chance to come over at any point and introduce yourself and clear up any issue you have with us, yet you choose to come home and jump on your keyboard. Hell you had a stage and an audience to perform in front of and yet you came home to flap your fingers. Some of your guys came over and said hey and enjoyed the heat and we didn't send any of them back broken or pregnant so....
Any time you wish to air out it in person like a man our compound is always open. Anytime you feel like going king of the mountain with Delta send us your schedule and an invitation to mediarelations@deltapaintball.com and we will see if we can oblige you, otherwise Sedition at OXCC in March is the next major event and I'm sure Pete Murphy would welcome you to his side with open arms.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:42 AM #113
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
petedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:58 AM #114
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2riser View Post

What do you guys think?
We have a wedding that weekend. George summed everything else up though.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:04 AM #115
scuba1138

guys keep it friendly... its just a game. you guys like to stir the pot alot with people when you dont know them. I'm glad you guys came to play you definitely added much needed support to the polarbears side. relax its just a game! but if you are up for it maybe a game us vs you guys would be pretty cool, I dont mind rivalry at all... If your up for it i am!

also why would I want to come say hi to the likes of you guys? your just rude and nasty and not the Ideal promoters of the sport when you fight with everyone?

Proudly sponsored by

Last edited by scuba1138 : 01-29-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 AM #116
Comfymumfy

Comfymumfy is playing at Living Legends III
Comfymumfy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixRomeo View Post
In the interest of full disclosure, I was the guy with the pump. This is actually a very common practice at scenarios with instant respawn. Had more people stayed, we could have built a human pillbox and fought all day.

Thanks to Professor, who volunteered to shield me. I owe you one, Sam.

-A
Damn...if I had known you were there I may have gotten out of bed and played this game! You have to let me know AA schedule!
Outdoor Xtreme Chesapeake City OXCC
Comfymumfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:43 AM #117
shadawg
am i evil...yes i am

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba1138 View Post
guys keep it friendly... its just a game. you guys like to stir the pot alot with people when you dont know them. I'm glad you guys came to play you definitely added much needed support to the polarbears side. relax its just a game! but if you are up for it maybe a game us vs you guys would be pretty cool, I dont mind rivalry at all... If your up for it i am!

also why would I want to come say hi to the likes of you guys? your just rude and nasty and not the Ideal promoters of the sport when you fight with everyone?
Steve you make a lot of assumptions. Would you like me to make some snap assumptions? I'd assume people who wear black and green over snow camo aren't the brightest bulbs in the box. I'd also assume people who send friend requests to people and then proceed to tell them that they are bad people because you heard they are bad without having actual experience to judge them are also a little dull on the business end.
I however am not one to rush to judge a book by its cover because experience tells me that I can be severely surprised when I do so.
If by being rude you mean telling the truth without sugar coating it in bs or paste, guilty as charged. That's who we are. Want brutal honesty? You are going to find it here. Sorry we don't subscribe to the everything is ok handbook of paintball. Never have never will.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:45 AM #118
scuba1138

people who wear yellow in a forest are broken blubs in the box!!

Proudly sponsored by
Old 01-29-2013, 08:56 AM #119
shadawg
am i evil...yes i am

Be careful what you wish for Steve.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:29 AM #120
scuba1138

What exaclty am I wishing for?

Proudly sponsored by
Old 01-29-2013, 09:33 AM #121
shadawg
am i evil...yes i am

Quote:
people who wear yellow in a forest are broken blubs in the box!!
People who wear yellow in the woods don't feel the need to hide from anyone.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:35 AM #122
shadawg
am i evil...yes i am

Quote:
What exaclty am I wishing for?
Our full and undivided attention.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:57 AM #123
Wade3

Can someone tell me why there wasn't any effort to balance the teams at any point? I recall seeing multiple team names in the blue general's post here. Looks like Blue had multiple teams and red only had like 2, and i also saw a lot more walk-ons and rentals on blue. Why did the home teams pile on the blue team knowing it was so grossly uneven?

I personally had a horrible time, as did the group who came with me. We kept waiting for the field or K2riser to adjust what was obviously a lopsided competition. I can't recommend the game or field based on what I saw as the producers either not knowing or not caring about all of their customers' experience. I now have friends who won't play anymore because of their experience on Sunday.

And for the record, any commander who gloats about winning such an uneven game is not only a poor winner, he's a poor leader. FAs far as the blue command, they seemed too busy playing to lead or organize anything. They should never be given a command again.
Wade3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 AM #124
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfymumfy View Post
Damn...if I had known you were there I may have gotten out of bed and played this game! You have to let me know AA schedule!
We would have loved to have you and the wife there playing!! See you both at OXCC again this year. Awesome field!!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:26 AM #125
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade3 View Post
Can someone tell me why there wasn't any effort to balance the teams at any point? I recall seeing multiple team names in the blue general's post here. Looks like Blue had multiple teams and red only had like 2, and i also saw a lot more walk-ons and rentals on blue. Why did the home teams pile on the blue team knowing it was so grossly uneven?

I personally had a horrible time, as did the group who came with me. We kept waiting for the field or K2riser to adjust what was obviously a lopsided competition. I can't recommend the game or field based on what I saw as the producers either not knowing or not caring about all of their customers' experience. I now have friends who won't play anymore because of their experience on Sunday.

And for the record, any commander who gloats about winning such an uneven game is not only a poor winner, he's a poor leader. FAs far as the blue command, they seemed too busy playing to lead or organize anything. They should never be given a command again.
Before you bash the field or me, you should understand how the games work. I'm guessing you have not been to many of these games before.

I went to approx. 20 games last year. More than half of them were lopsided because that Command Staff did a better job recruiting. I don't think it is right to take teams away from a General after he has recruited them for months.

As far as sheer numbers, the Polar Bears had more people. We went on the Penguins side because we only had about 14 or 15 guys total. If you really want the numbers, the Polar Bears were ahead by about 10 people in the morning before start time. We added 20 people in the team of Black Out Protocol which would give them 30 more than the Penguins. The only reason I did that was because they wanted to play Polar Bears and they had 2 LAWs which would even out the Law numbers. I then proceeded to put our team on the Penguins which would still leave the Polar Bears ahead by approx. 15 people so, before you go bashing people get the facts.

The problem you had was keeping your players on the field! Every time I went to refill my air or paint, I saw whole teams in the parking lot or groups with red tape. That is no way to win.

This is also the first time I met the Polar Bears General. I asked for Generals and he stepped up. Maybe if you think you can do a better job, you should step up instead of talking trash about others and the field. Don't just talk trash, come up with a solution. I am very easy to find!!! I wear a bright blue Jersey because I want you to see me coming. Like Delta said...come find me and tell me what your issues are. Don't wait until you get here and start talking trash. Plus the only way we can make games better is if you give feedback. If you thought we should make changes throughout the day, why didn't you come talk to us or talk to the owners. We would have given you our BLUE tape and taken your RED tape and we would have continued to KICK A$$!!

STEP UP INSTEAD OF TALKING HERE WHERE ITS SAFE!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:29 AM #126
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade3 View Post

Wade, I have been on the losing side of a lopsided battle as well. I feel your pain!

I'm sorry you and your group had a horrible time. I'm sure most echo my sentiment. I just want people to go out and have fun and enjoy the game and the people we meet.

I know a few teams backed out at the last second, which hurt the Bears' side. The producers did try to help out by allowing a second tank, I believe, as well as moving us back from the spawn...It looks like it was too little too late. Frustrating, I know...But producing a game that everyone likes is a difficult thing to do. Everyone they do is better than the previous game. They learn from the mistakes and criticisms. I'm sure, if you and your group come back for the Alamo game, you will see even more improvements.

As far as gloating, I'm being objective as I possibly can here, I'm not sure I see where Steve was gloating. He thanked his teams, the field, the refs, as well as the opposing general. He, as far as I'm concerned is a class act in the paintball community. Steve takes what he does with his team very seriously, and it shows.

All I'm asking is that you come out and play again at the Alamo game. PM me, and I will be sure that my team, Black Dog Mafia, will join you on the front lines...I promise you will have fun with us!
petedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups