PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-06-2009, 07:28 AM #43
PYROMAN

has been a member for 10 years
I was there two weeks ago with a small group. That field would have been perfect. It was never offered to us to play on.
And if that field is to small, thats on your end. You have the room to build it bigger, and the old pipe is still there in a pile from the old tournament field up front.
On a business end of things, yoy want people to play that field. Thats where their going to shoot the most amount of paint.
Just a suggestion from a recent player. We did more walking than playing that day.
PYROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2009, 10:18 PM #44
Empyre09
Sec. Gen. of Awesome

Empyre09 plays in the PSP
Empyre09 supports Team VICIOUS
Empyre09 supports our troops
Empyre09 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Pyroman- I'm not exactly sure I remeber seeing you there. I typically work Saturdays during the colder months, and I usually do take the small groups to hyperball or netwerks. Personally, I believe expanding the hyperball field would be a great idea, because many people who come do ask to play that field. To make it big enough. To hold a 10 on 10 or even larger amounts of people is a fine idea. To accomplish this, we would need a large amount of requests from customers, and to let Paulie, Ray, And Darryl know. If all goes well, when the weather warms up, we would begin construction. The best of which would be to build ( or rebuild) the field in the older area where the tournaments were held, out by mounds.
Empyre09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:12 PM #45
Empyre09
Sec. Gen. of Awesome

So anyone coming to play on Monday?
Old 01-13-2009, 12:47 AM #46
ArchAngelIon
I run a field now

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon helped look for balloons
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALLmeSANCHEZ View Post
qft. i was around when it first opened and the hyperball fields were pretty ****in awesome.
I started playing "speedball" becasue of CPX's Hyperball fields.

That being said, CPX needs BYOP or to offer multiple grades of paint at different prices.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:28 PM #47
beenbannedb4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelIon View Post
I started playing "speedball" becasue of CPX's Hyperball fields.

That being said, CPX needs BYOP or to offer multiple grades of paint at different prices.
they used to offer two grades of paint i believe?.. i rember two prices for cases...maybe ones membership or somthin.
beenbannedb4? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:49 PM #48
p8ntballr1678
Your a player?Im a killer

p8ntballr1678 plays in the PSP
p8ntballr1678 is playing at Living Legends V
p8ntballr1678 plays in the APPA D4 division
CPX under....

Forest = silver and gold lable brands of paint....two diff paints with a medium and premium price. They did enough business to get a custom ball made with the CPX logo.

Ray and Paul = $15 a case White box for a while then onto Marbalizer. Never sold at the same time and always at a premium price.

The only real places were paint should ever cost what is now charged for a case should be at an indoor and thats only for the extra costs incured to clean every week. I understand them haveing to make money, but there are other fields out there with BYOP and still sell paint for half what is at CLP. I had to stop going because they tore down the tourney complex and it costs too much to shoot the paint now. I drive an hour to play now when CLP is only 20 min away from me. Paint prices made that possible.

☆☆ . LSD PAINTBALL . ☆☆
Sponsored By :
CPX Sports....NINJA Air....RPS....Empire....RAZA....Hooters
Jason Towlie #42 / Chicago Legend #6 / Saucey #1 / Chicago Mafia #2 / LSD paintball #1
LIVIN.
p8ntballr1678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:31 PM #49
theshizzle847

Anyone see this? http://cpxsports.com/static.asp?path=79

I did the math and that comes out to $72 per case of Marbs on those free bag days. actionvillage sells them for $69 (+shipping) so that seems like a pretty good price for marbs.

My friend lives close to CPX and he is going to pick us up a couple cases and get the 2 bags free the day before that free day next monday and we're gonna just bring the paint on monday and get free admission.

Last edited by theshizzle847 : 01-13-2009 at 11:39 PM.
theshizzle847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:31 AM #50
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 supports Empire
CPX is a fun field and had some great scenario games, plus they had the guts to host an SPPL Qualifier last summer (yeah, they treated us like ****, but they took a chance all the same). Wastelands is a blast and Armageddon/Bedlam are an absolute blast. However, in my experience, their trees look exactly like any other fields trees, so once you get out of Wastelands and the city fields, they are just another paintball field. They do have flushing toilets though! Those are awesome. Ray and Paul are both good guys and always a pleasure to talk to, and they have some great paintball teams like Ground Control and Hellions.

I was hoping to make it to Living Legends this year, but our SPPL schedule interferes with it, but maybe Windy City Classic? Anyone know when that will be?

Play UWL
If I make you cheat, I win.
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:16 PM #51
Grinder01
THE HERETICS ARE BACK

Grinder01 is playing at Living Legends X
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshizzle847 View Post
No offense, but thats kinda like http://www.kiddieland.com/ offering http://www.sixflags.com/greatAmerica/index.aspx business advice
an uncalled-for comment, of which you have no basis to compare the two separate businesses.

PSP / NPPL REFEREE
Grinder01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:07 AM #52
RuFiO13
Doogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROMAN View Post
I was there two weeks ago with a small group. That field would have been perfect. It was never offered to us to play on.
And if that field is to small, thats on your end. You have the room to build it bigger, and the old pipe is still there in a pile from the old tournament field up front.
On a business end of things, yoy want people to play that field. Thats where their going to shoot the most amount of paint.
Just a suggestion from a recent player. We did more walking than playing that day.
I've pushed for expanding the hyperball field for a long time now. Also, the huge stack of pipe you probably saw is brand new and never been used on a field before. We dragged two out onto Bedlam over the summer to try and help even out the field a bit and I brought up building a new hyperball field then but got shot down pretty quickly. We definitely have enough for a very good hyperball field but it isn't being utilized. I can only push for it so much since I am away at school most of the time since last year.

Also, guys the price of the paint isn't that bad compared to what CPX actually buys it for. CPX buys paint with a very thick shell to prevent chopping in our rentals and it costs more than most think. With over 600 rentals if we had them constantly chopping then it would only create problems for us, especially on any of our free days that we barely have enough rentals to cover everyone as is or the days that we are completely packed with private parties. Not to mention how much it costs to run that place as is anyways.

I've tried coming up with ideas to offer different grades of paint but it just isn't that simple. We did use to have League Night which was on time payment of $10 I think for an ID card and then it was $60 a case but the last year we offered it, the turnout was not that great. They decided not to have it again this past summer.

Also, if you guys have any problems out on the field or anywhere else in the park it is best to bring it up with the staff in the shed and they will take care of it.

Last edited by RuFiO13 : 01-17-2009 at 02:18 AM.
RuFiO13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:35 AM #53
ziggy188

ziggy188 plays in the PSP
ziggy188 is playing at Living Legends III
ziggy188 supports Team VICIOUS
ziggy188 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuFiO13 View Post
I've tried coming up with ideas to offer different grades of paint but it just isn't that simple. We did use to have League Night which was on time payment of $10 I think for an ID card and then it was $60 a case but the last year we offered it, the turnout was not that great. They decided not to have it again this past summer.
are you guys by any chance going to maybe try the league nights again? the first year it was happening i had no way of getting to cpx to play but really wanted to, then last year me and a couple other people wanted to go and they were taken off the calender. if you really promote it alot more im sure that you could get a better turnout then what you had. for hte most part i only remember seeing advertising on cpxsports.com, and i think maybe a thread on here but not much discussion about it.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:36 PM #54
beenbannedb4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballr1678 View Post
CPX under....

Forest = silver and gold lable brands of paint....two diff paints with a medium and premium price. They did enough business to get a custom ball made with the CPX logo.

Ray and Paul = $15 a case White box for a while then onto Marbalizer. Never sold at the same time and always at a premium price.

The only real places were paint should ever cost what is now charged for a case should be at an indoor and thats only for the extra costs incured to clean every week. I understand them haveing to make money, but there are other fields out there with BYOP and still sell paint for half what is at CLP. I had to stop going because they tore down the tourney complex and it costs too much to shoot the paint now. I drive an hour to play now when CLP is only 20 min away from me. Paint prices made that possible.
great im glad we payed 90 or 100 dollars for some custom logo paint i never even saw...
Old 01-17-2009, 04:03 PM #55
theshizzle847

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuFiO13 View Post

Also, guys the price of the paint isn't that bad compared to what CPX actually buys it for. CPX buys paint with a very thick shell to prevent chopping in our rentals and it costs more than most think. With over 600 rentals if we had them constantly chopping then it would only create problems for us, especially on any of our free days that we barely have enough rentals to cover everyone as is or the days that we are completely packed with private parties. Not to mention how much it costs to run that place as is anyways.
QFT - ive talked about paint and the cost of running a biz of that size and someone posted this link for EMR paintball park in Pennsylvania http://www.emrpaintball.com/fpo.shtml after reading it i had a better understanding of what it takes and why cost is what it is. Plus CPX is in a bigger market so Im sure all the costs are greater in chicagoland than in the boonies of Pa.
theshizzle847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:43 AM #56
RuFiO13
Doogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalgunsrule View Post
Just one thing stands out about the previous post, I don't think CPX informs all their staff on what they pay for paint. And if they have said a number i doubt its true and they give you a higher number to justify not giving its staff a decent discount.
I would normally agree completely and I would understand why they wouldn't tell all the staff. I have been working there for quite some time now and when I was told I wasn't asking. I wont go into details as in who told me, why, and how much because that isn't my place to do so. The reason I was told did lead me to believe it was true however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy188 View Post
are you guys by any chance going to maybe try the league nights again? the first year it was happening i had no way of getting to cpx to play but really wanted to, then last year me and a couple other people wanted to go and they were taken off the calender. if you really promote it alot more im sure that you could get a better turnout then what you had. for hte most part i only remember seeing advertising on cpxsports.com, and i think maybe a thread on here but not much discussion about it.
To be honest I don't know and I personally doubt it at the moment. I really have no say in the matter but if you really are interested, I would get as many people as you know to ask about League Night next time you go to CPX and show some interest in it. If they think people will come then they may consider it bringing it back.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:11 PM #57
Empyre09
Sec. Gen. of Awesome

Rufio, that sums it up man, and by the way you explained everything, I'm assuming that you are a coworker of mine. Well, now we have two official employees to answer questions. Keep em comin ya'll. And hope to see a bunch of you guys tomorrow for MLK Day. Its a 100 free day, so get there early and stay, so you can play while the suns out.

Ziggy- If what I have heard from the higher-ups, the league nights were great for us as players, but from the buisiness aspect, it wasn't a great revenue builder, and ended up being a loss for the park. I asked Paul about it, and he said it just wasn't worth it for us to have league nights this summer.

Last edited by Empyre09 : 01-18-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:05 PM #58
RuFiO13
Doogan

You completely destroyed the ego I sold you.

Is that enough hint of who this is?
Old 01-18-2009, 09:30 PM #59
Empyre09
Sec. Gen. of Awesome

Haha all the hate Blackburn. All the hate.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:39 PM #60
max122

well he does have a point about the ego.
u took a killer gun and basically took a mad **** all over it.

"Et si fellitur de genu pugnat"
-'And if he falls, he fights from his knees'
max122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:50 AM #61
Empyre09
Sec. Gen. of Awesome

Awwww screw off max. And you forget the
Old 01-19-2009, 08:06 AM #62
p8ntballr1678
Your a player?Im a killer

p8ntballr1678 plays in the PSP
p8ntballr1678 is playing at Living Legends V
p8ntballr1678 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenbannedb4? View Post
great im glad we payed 90 or 100 dollars for some custom logo paint i never even saw...
The logo'd paint was a long time ago. Forest has been away from CPX for at least 6 years. All it was, was a CPX stamp on the higher level balls. They sold RPS premium level paint. When RPS went to a potato starch based shell the ball went to crap so CPX used JT Max for practice balls and switched to what was basically brass eagle white box. This was also at the same time that Ray took over the park and it was majority owned by " JT, Brass eagle, Viewloader". The paint was ok, but you still had to pay a lot for it. And they only offered one price.....$100. Use the paint coupons you get $10 off the case. Through the years I have had 7 diff personal friends work there and know Forest and Justin personally I was also friends with CPX paint dealer from RPS. He was the sales rep for the store I worked at too. I was allowed into the offices and did help out on occasion when I was around. If CPX is paying more than $35 a case for Marbalizer they are getting robbed at the volume they are buying at. There is not a thicker shell on marbalizer, it is marketed as a medium to higher quality shell. So it shoots well at higer rates of fire but breaks well on target. The only time CPX has ever had a thicker shell is for winter when it has to be to hold up to the cold. Other than that they use the same formulas of shell and paint the rest of the world uses they just get a light colored fill and a custom "field" color shell combo. I do understand that they have to make a profit, no doubt, but to start making special differences in the paint is silly. Its the same Marbalizer they sell at FOX PAINTBALL, B landz, Sports authority, Dicks sporting, and any other store that sells RPS brands. They just get a special color. BYOP is the way to go. No your profits aren't as high but there are fields out there that still do well and have been around way longer than CPX. and the paint they do offer is still way less than $90. But thats the way the infrastructer of CPX is set up. They are a business and that just might be what it has to be for Ray and Paul to keep the doors open for its customers.

☆☆ . LSD PAINTBALL . ☆☆
Sponsored By :
CPX Sports....NINJA Air....RPS....Empire....RAZA....Hooters
Jason Towlie #42 / Chicago Legend #6 / Saucey #1 / Chicago Mafia #2 / LSD paintball #1
LIVIN.

Last edited by p8ntballr1678 : 01-19-2009 at 08:09 AM.
p8ntballr1678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:18 PM #63
beenbannedb4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballr1678 View Post
The logo'd paint was a long time ago. Forest has been away from CPX for at least 6 years. All it was, was a CPX stamp on the higher level balls. They sold RPS premium level paint. When RPS went to a potato starch based shell the ball went to crap so CPX used JT Max for practice balls and switched to what was basically brass eagle white box. This was also at the same time that Ray took over the park and it was majority owned by " JT, Brass eagle, Viewloader". The paint was ok, but you still had to pay a lot for it. And they only offered one price.....$100. Use the paint coupons you get $10 off the case. Through the years I have had 7 diff personal friends work there and know Forest and Justin personally I was also friends with CPX paint dealer from RPS. He was the sales rep for the store I worked at too. I was allowed into the offices and did help out on occasion when I was around. If CPX is paying more than $35 a case for Marbalizer they are getting robbed at the volume they are buying at. There is not a thicker shell on marbalizer, it is marketed as a medium to higher quality shell. So it shoots well at higer rates of fire but breaks well on target. The only time CPX has ever had a thicker shell is for winter when it has to be to hold up to the cold. Other than that they use the same formulas of shell and paint the rest of the world uses they just get a light colored fill and a custom "field" color shell combo. I do understand that they have to make a profit, no doubt, but to start making special differences in the paint is silly. Its the same Marbalizer they sell at FOX PAINTBALL, B landz, Sports authority, Dicks sporting, and any other store that sells RPS brands. They just get a special color. BYOP is the way to go. No your profits aren't as high but there are fields out there that still do well and have been around way longer than CPX. and the paint they do offer is still way less than $90. But thats the way the infrastructer of CPX is set up. They are a business and that just might be what it has to be for Ray and Paul to keep the doors open for its customers.
im not going to read that
ReplyRegional Ups