Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 12:48 AM #22
niza
REVO IV

plays in the NXL
niza plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVELSHIPMAN View Post
I think you all should read the rulebook. The MAPL does have the right to deny a player from playing even if they are ranked D4 appa.

4.04 Player Divisional Status. Players are ranked by the APPA Ranking system. MAPL Promoter has the right to reclass any player as they see fit based on the player’s history within the sport and the particular division in question.

I am looking forward to watching again today.
thats a good point, i wonder if they will make them play d2/d3... seems like the right thing to do
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2012, 03:58 AM #23
dyepaintball81
*Kill For Fun*

has been a member for 10 years
dyepaintball81 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
dyepaintball81 plays in the APPA D4 division
I wish i made a bet on this. I called it after the first run of games. That someone would run home after the event. Create a new username. And cry about this . All the power to the dynasty2 team there a good group of guys. So what if they play d2 nppl and d4 gpl. Blame appa. If you could you would so lets stop giving them ****
Old 04-29-2012, 04:17 AM #24
Fedo
Who Has More Fun?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Fedo supports Team VICIOUS
Fedo posts videos on PbNation
Fedo is an NCPA player
Fedo has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
Fedo is Boss
I see both sides. Though I still believe there should be a clear cut revision.

D2 players playing D3. Fine really, not that big of a skill difference. D3 playing D4, again, close enough.

D2 players playing local rookie shows or D5/D4 matches, a bit rough in my opinion. Yes, personally I would love to square up with some tough competition and learn that way, but I look at it another way.

You got kids, in high school maybe or 8th grade like I started coming out to this local events playing, and some team of college kids or D2 players come in adn steam rolls them without a chance. This happened to me, and I was a bit burned out over it. It sucked, and I really took nothing away from it because we were out gunned by much higher price range gear and just massive out skilled. There does need to be brackets for events like this, Seeing two division that are near each other play back and forth is fine, but D2/D3 players blowing out a D5 or rookie/youngblood scene... kind of Fishy Boners to me.

Making D5 and D4 Players look good.

Insta: @Crux.Foto
Facebook: Facebook.com/CruxPhotography
CruxPhotography.SmugMug.com
Old 04-29-2012, 05:19 AM #25
pacasowithagun
SMASH! Now clean it up!!

pacasowithagun owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pacasowithagun is an NCPA National Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedo View Post
we were out gunned by much higher price range gear
Frankly, this argument can't really be made nowadays. a good high end set up can be found for ~$300. Yea it's not the latest and greatest, but it can still hold its own.

Out skilled, I can understand and agree with.

But you do make a valid point. It takes away from the overall experience.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:23 AM #26
mongolian

I am one of the players that won yesterday. I would like to let you all know that this is part of paintball, as I experienced myself when I first started out. For my first three years of paintball I never made finals and even for my first few tournaments I never beat one team ( we went 0-8) but guess what we had fun anyways and kept goin back as much as we could whenever we could. I remember after three years we got 8th which was awesome and we were so excited just to make it to finals. We took pictures of the score board haha. Back then there were a few pro players that played in the same division as me and It never turned me and my team away. My point is look where i am now from playing and losing for so long now I finally hve a chance to win and of course I'm going to take that opportunity. But please don't blame the league it has nothing to do with them we are all legitly ranked d4 under the appa system.

FEEDBACK
Old 04-29-2012, 07:31 AM #27
NYC_Animal
The Ghetto Ninja

NYC_Animal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NYC_Animal plays in the APPA D5 division
Smh....I knew a thread on this topic was coming and, honestly, I can understand the frustration but, as it's been stated already, these guys didn't break any rules by playing this event. No team is unbeatable because of their playing experience or ranking anywhere else. They provided great competition and toughed it out to win it. Congrats to Fresh Factory and hope to play you guys again next event.

On another note, it's frustrating that there's always a thread made up to point out the negatives so I just want to take a sec to say thanks to MAPL for providing us with a great series of events to play on the East Coast. Thanks to Cyndi, Gizmo, Christ and all of the other MAPL staff for the jobs that they do. Thanks to the MAPL for going out of their way for calling back teams who left too early and thought they didn't make the cut (MAPL didn't have to do it and could have just as easily let those teams forfeit their games and keep moving right along with the schedule). Thanks for teams like Freedom Angels for coming out, playing hard and continuing to diversify this sport. And, last but not least, thanks to the refs for the great job that they do and for putting up with my abuse and madness all day! Lol

(*I only post on pbnation about once a year, so that's my vent. I'm out. Lol)

Ferris #7 NYC REVOLUTION a.k.a The Manhattan Project a.k.a. Brooklyn RatPack
NYC REVOLUTION #7
Old 04-29-2012, 07:55 AM #28
631_Apathy
Dehh

plays in the NXL
631_Apathy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
631_Apathy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongolian View Post
I am one of the players that won yesterday. I would like to let you all know that this is part of paintball, as I experienced myself when I first started out. For my first three years of paintball I never made finals and even for my first few tournaments I never beat one team ( we went 0-8) but guess what we had fun anyways and kept goin back as much as we could whenever we could. I remember after three years we got 8th which was awesome and we were so excited just to make it to finals. We took pictures of the score board haha. Back then there were a few pro players that played in the same division as me and It never turned me and my team away. My point is look where i am now from playing and losing for so long now I finally hve a chance to win and of course I'm going to take that opportunity. But please don't blame the league it has nothing to do with them we are all legitly ranked d4 under the appa system.
So because you got sandbagged when you were younger you think its ok to do it?
Sandbagging is lame.
that was even lamer for trying to justify it.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:47 AM #29
Koonze

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongShot16 View Post
I can't believe that "Fresh Factory" would play in a D4/D5 division of 3man.

For those who are unaware of who "Fresh Factory" really is, it's Dynasty 2/ NOOBIES, a very high ranked NPPL team.

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hlight=noobies

It's a shame that GPL/MAPL really doesn't even care about the division, and the beginners or else they would have actually done something about this.

Takes away from the game where REAL D4/D5 teams could have competed FAIRLY. A D1/D2 NPPL coming into D4/D5 and winning the entire event without losing a point???? Shame on GPL/MAPL and shame on Dynasty 2/NOOBIES.

GPL/MAPL has forever lost my business, I will never put one of my teams in this league.

Enjoy those prizes guys...you've earned them fairly...

Don't even use the excuse that their ranked D4/D5 in APPA, MAPL could have denied them but took the money and ran.

They will also be playing in D4/D5 5man Sunday under "Fresh Factory"
whatever their rank is as far as the APPA is concerned, well, that's their rank. i doubt they did anything illegal to obtain their APPA rank so unfortunately you have to deal with it. i'm sure if your team blew through the comp and beat every other team with ease you wouldn't be b*tching.
better teams and players breed better competition, period.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:19 PM #30
Biggest Johnson

Biggest Johnson owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Wow what a whining looser! You get better by playing better teams. They were the best 3 man yesterday!
Congrats th Fresh Factory! Hope to play you in our division next tourney.

Master Baiter/Blaster
Old 04-29-2012, 06:29 PM #31
LongShot16

4.04 Player Divisional Status. Players are ranked by the APPA Ranking system. MAPL Promoter has the right to reclass any player as they see fit based on the player’s history within the sport and the particular division in question.

Do what is morally right. All I'm asking.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:30 PM #32
mini333

mini333 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mini333 supports Team VICIOUS
mini333 is for the Gunfight
And 5man, they deserved it!

CLUTCH
Old 04-29-2012, 06:41 PM #33
Tyler Hull
Tyler "Taz" Hull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macris View Post
Why did you create an account to solely ***** and complain about the issue?

Bottomline, the APPA does not run off of NPPL rankings, leave it at that. If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the fact that the NPPL does NOT WANT TO USE THE APPA RANKING SYSTEM, instead of you pointing the blame on the MAPL? Come on now, with all do respect what rank did you finish? Are you lashing out because you lost to "D1" players in the Finals? OR are you taking the easiest target to say why you did not place in a D4 Tournament.

YOU need to realize that ALL paintball tournaments WILL NOT turn down teams so long they fit the criteria that is in place for their events. It sucks, I know, but it's not the MAPL's fault, so stop yourself.
Hey Take Notes lost to them in the finals and the person who made this thread does not play for Take Notes. They are D4 in APPA so they can play Ive got nothing against them.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:42 PM #34
bigmikey64

bigmikey64 plays in the APPA D4 division
they went undefeated in the 3man series...and also undefeated in the 5man series. ALL GPL 3man and 5man without loosing a single match. not sure if they were all on the same roster in the EPL a week before going 13-3 and winning that as well.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:58 PM #35
Koonze

Quote:

Do what is morally right. All I'm asking.
i think you need to ask yourself a few questions:

do you play for the love of the game and because you are competitive?...or do you approach it as a business? are you playing stickly for prizes or are you out there to test yourself and your team?
also, do you really expect the mapl staff to research EVERY player's tournament history and adjust rosters from there? do you know how much time goes into setting up an event like this? there is a reason why they use appa player rankings.
maybe this tournament series isn't for you.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:11 PM #36
LongShot16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koonze View Post
i think you need to ask yourself a few questions:

do you play for the love of the game and because you are competitive?...or do you approach it as a business? are you playing stickly for prizes or are you out there to test yourself and your team?
also, do you really expect the mapl staff to research EVERY player's tournament history and adjust rosters from there? do you know how much time goes into setting up an event like this? there is a reason why they use appa player rankings.
maybe this tournament series isn't for you.
Takes all of 60 seconds to Google any person on their roster and determine their division and all other things associated.

When you're putting in anywhere from like $200-$400 to be in a tournament (Includes paint and all that) you want a fair shake right?

It's not like the league or owner of OXCC doesn't know these guys, OXCC used to be their home field

It's in the rulebook that they have the authority to rerank a team due to accomplishments...USE IT

Would anybody from MAPL/GPL like to comment why this rule wasn't used? You are the ones who wrote it...

I have PM's from several different individuals/teams that played Event #1 today agreeing with my statement here. I can guarantee that you won't see them for Event #2. Minds may change if something is actually done here.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:33 PM #37
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Takes all of 60 seconds to Google any person on their roster and determine their division and all other things associated.

When you're putting in anywhere from like $200-$400 to be in a tournament (Includes paint and all that) you want a fair shake right?

It's not like the league or owner of OXCC doesn't know these guys, OXCC used to be their home field

It's in the rulebook that they have the authority to rerank a team due to accomplishments...USE IT

Would anybody from MAPL/GPL like to comment why this rule wasn't used? You are the ones who wrote it...

I have PM's from several different individuals/teams that played Event #1 today agreeing with my statement here. I can guarantee that you won't see them for Event #2. Minds may change if something is actually done here.
I'm currently making a 6 1/2 hr drive back home from the event. I will respond however not as I'm doing it from my phone at a rest stop like I am right now with this post this
Old 04-29-2012, 08:11 PM #38
cory_kifer

cory_kifer supports Ninja Paintball
Yeah, but I'd rather play against them. Its only going to make you better, playing against them than another beginner team.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:26 PM #39
Marra00
Your team name here!

Marra00 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Marra00 plays in the APPA D4 division
I also played against them in the finals on sat. As Tyler stated before we had no problem playing against these guys and will gladly play against them all season long.. We even took them to 1 left that is until
He bunkered me.. Lol but that's besides the point. Anyway, I see how it can be frustrating to some of the teams that really never played in tournaments before. Mapl has a really high level of local competition.. Bottom line! Also in d4/5 3 man there are 3 or 4 teams besides ours that are gonna be really tough to beat all year ..So practice ! A lot! but no matter what you got to start somewhere
Glenn...
Ps.. The reffing was the best I have seen in a long time .. Thanks to Chris, Jesse and all of the refs ! You guys did a great job.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:01 PM #40
Glasswurks@verizon.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongShot16

NO RULES WERE BROKEN! There was a girls team that played in that division and advanced. They're not *****ing and complaining. MAN UP!! Or just move on, but don't bad mouth the series or the host field because u can't take losing.