Patwise
xx 1ts 0v3r xx
Steady Riot 7
II SpAz II
Tags99
DynamiteCheese

The Infected:

The Tank
This guy is a powerhouse. When he appears his own music plays and it is very distinctive. Don't be fooled by his size, anything you can climb onto he can climb on to too. He likes to rip chunks of the ground out from under him and throw them in your general direction. Concentrate your fire and whatever you do.. don't stop moving if you are the same level as him. Molotovs are an effective strategy as the Tank will burn until he dies.

The Boomer
This fat **** likes nothing more than to waddle up to you and vomit all over you. Now you may think that is disgusting by itself, but this bile that now covers you attracts the horde of infected. So if you are vomited on try and get to a semi defendable position. This can be easier said than done as the bile impairs your vision. He also like to explode when shot, showering people nearby with the same bile. If you find yourself in close proximity to one then first bash him away, retreat and then shoot.

The Hunter
I hate these guys. They emit a scream when near so you can tell when they are close. These chaps like to jump incredible distances onto survivors, pinning them and then proceeding to rape their face ( not literally ). When pinned a survivor can only be saved by another survivor removing the Hunter. He can also climb and jump onto walls so if you hear one be aware he may not be on ground level. Shooting or meleeing the Hunter during his animation will free the survivor. You can't hurt the victim with gunfire but don't go all rambo because you may end up hitting them after the Hunter is gone.

The Smoker
If you offered this guy an ice cream from 50 feet away then he would have no problem taking the first lick right then and there. For you see, this guy has a massive tongue. One that he uses to ensnare survivors and drag them in. The only way to free the survivor is kill the smoker or shoot his tongue. This one also likes to spawn on rooftops and drag you upwards, so be aware. On death he emits a cloud of noxious smoke that impairs vision as you pass through it, giving him his name. Shooting or meleeing the victim will free him from the tongue without hurting them. If you are close enough save your ammo, if you aren't then shoot.

The Witch
Oh boy. The first time you encounter one of these it can be truly chilling. Even subsequent encounters can do so. First you hear crying. Then her oh so creepy music plays. Then you see her. Oh, she doesn't look that bad, just sitting there, crying her eyes out. Don't be fooled, for this lady absolutely hates noise, lights and touching. The best idea is to avoid her completely, flashlights off and trying to be as quiet as possible. When disturbed she homes in on the one who disturbed her and rips them a new one. Coordinated players can take her down before she harms anyone, but at times this can be risky.

Survival Suggestions

* Friendly fire is ON at all times. Please try to remember this when moving around other survivors. Accidents are bound to happen but most can be avoided by hugging walls and crouching if you decide to take the lead.
* Melee is your friend. This can give you some much needed breathing room and also seperates nearby infected from you so fellow survivors can shoot them easier. You can also melee in the middle of reloading, so when in doubt, melee.
* You can heal other survivors with med kits. Simply stand next to them with the medkit equipped and use your secondary function key, whatever that may be. This also applies to pain pills, which you hand to them. Be aware that doing so will switch whatever that survivor is holding for the pills. So try to hand them over when the survivor isn't in a combat situation. For some reason infected don't die if you point a pot of pills at them.
* More info on each boss zombie is above if you haven't read it already.
* Hunters should use their right click attack unless they want to distract or pin, as it does more damage, hits multiple targets, and you stay completely silent when standing.
* Melee will free a smoker-constricted team member.
* Team members cannot take friendly fire damage when pinned or constricted.

PC Specs and other boring stuff!
Minimum
Supported OS Microsoft Windows XP Vista Vista64
Processor Pentium 4 3.0GHz
Memory 1 GB
Graphics 128 MB, Shader model 2.0, ATI 9600, NVidia 6600 or better
Hard Drive At least 7.5 GB of free space
Sound Card DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Recommended
Supported OS Microsoft Windows XP Vista Vista64
Processor Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz
Memory 1 GB
Graphics Shader model 3.0, NVidia 7600, ATI X1600 or better

Last edited by Toxin01 : 01-10-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Toxin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2008, 06:10 PM #2
Toxin01

has been a member for 10 years
Toxin01 donated to help Peyton Trent
I've managed to beat and live through all of the campaigns on expert except Blood Harvest, I survived No mercy but it didn't give me the achievement for it.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:54 PM #3
Bking2

gamertag:

Xsv Gandhi vsX

someone hit me up and help me beat the expert campaigns

Christ Krew

ΛX A
Bking2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:09 PM #4
AngryBarrel
Unknown

Game needs MOAR CONTENT.

On a side note:
Old 12-31-2008, 07:18 PM #5
Baller McGangster

Steam: dr1ve69
but my alias thing is Penisaurus Dix
Baller McGangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:35 PM #6
Toxin01

Valves pretty good about adding free content.

They have added new maps and new game mode to Team Fortress 2 and it was only a 20$ game.

EDIT: Also to the above post do you post on the PA fourms or just read the comics?
Old 12-31-2008, 08:33 PM #7
Cpu Queff
Hamster

People who play this on xbox are total fags. I hate consoles.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:49 PM #8
a nice bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpu Queff View Post
dawt
a nice bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:21 PM #9
Genre
I just want to be free.

Steam: genre12

"Unless we can make the philosophic foundations of a free society once more a living intellectual issue, and its implementation a task which challenges the ingenuity and imagination of our liveliest minds, the prospects of freedom are indeed dark. But if we can regain that belief in power of ideas which was the mark of liberalism at its best, the battle is not lost." - F. A. Hayek

Reason
Genre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:38 PM #10
jcdenton69
****ter King

Quote:
I love you.
jcdenton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:59 PM #11
Crede777
Resident Agnostic

Crede777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
I'm sorry that I, and the other people who play L4D on the 360 offended you. Accept my condolences.

Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:49 PM #12
vikingshadow
Resident Old Guy

Steam: vikingshadow2004

But, people can seem to locate me when I'm on there for some reason. I'm a new guy at this Steam thing...

vikingshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:15 AM #13
Jack of Blades 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
I'm sorry that I, and the other people who play L4D on the 360 offended you. Accept my condolences.

Yeah, he's doing no good by pointing out the obvious that PC gaming is better then consoles. Not everybody's computer can run certain games. I'm waiting to upgrade my RAM so until then I'm stuck with my 360.
Jack of Blades 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:34 AM #14
Baller McGangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin01 View Post
Valves pretty good about adding free content.

They have added new maps and new game mode to Team Fortress 2 and it was only a 20$ game.

EDIT: Also to the above post do you post on the PA fourms or just read the comics?
I just read the comics, I've been a fan for like 5+ years.
Baller McGangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:36 AM #15
ThePr0pheT (Banned)

I have it for 360. Add me: ThePr0pheTx123.
ThePr0pheT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:17 AM #16
cameron122000
*714*

cameron122000 helped look for balloons
cameron122000 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I've got it for both. lulz I hate being the Smoker because they suck dick unless there are a lot of hiding spots on the map. If the survivors are in a house or building, then they generally suck. Boomers and Hunters ftw.

ST:Tech - waitwut.
cameron122000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:18 AM #17
Toxin01

I figure if we get enough people in on this I'd make a L4D Pbnation group on steam
Old 01-01-2009, 08:30 AM #18
||IcEs||
kek

Things to hate about versus.

-You come up against 4 friends as a PUG

-You lose horribly because your PUG team sucks dick

-You lose horribly because said PUGlets try and solo ****, they keep going backwards. It makes you wonder if they're jerking off whilst playing.

-TOTAL UTTER NEWBTARDS who cannot shoot straight, cannot listen for special infected and cannot for the ****ing life of them watch corners and rooftops. This is the single biggest reason I refuse to play versus alot of the time, there are too many ****ing idiots that waste my time.

I go out of my way to killing enemy players many times and I get rimmed by a sudden burst of luck when nobody watches out for me.

-You get the random good player that thinks running as fast as possible through a level is the pro way to do things. Pretty much this tactic is great or fails hard depending on who is in your team.

Captain slow, captain retard and Rambo cannot play these team tactics.

-T2 shotgun spamming ezimoders who never, ever step 8 feet from each other, its like they're controlled by 1 guy with 8 eyes. Anything but a tank+2 hunter fails on these groups but the tank dies quickly anyways.

Reasons to love versus/campaign

-Any annoying soloists will be TKed by me before they can do harm to the team.

Last edited by ||IcEs|| : 01-01-2009 at 08:33 AM.
||IcEs|| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:37 AM #19
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

I bought it on Saturday but I can't play it 'till Monday because my graphics card is running insanely hot and my cooler comes Monday.

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Supra_MKIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:54 AM #20
Toxin01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_MKIII View Post
I bought it on Saturday but I can't play it 'till Monday because my graphics card is running insanely hot and my cooler comes Monday.
I suggest starting out on advanced, expert is insane and normal is much to easy.

Throw me a message on steam if you need someone to play it with.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:05 AM #21
vikingshadow
Resident Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ||IcEs|| View Post
-You get the random good player that thinks running as fast as possible through a level is the pro way to do things. Pretty much this tactic is great or fails hard depending on who is in your team.

Captain slow, captain retard and Rambo cannot play these team tactics
I really don't care for these guys as well. What's so fun about zipping through a map? I agree, don't go too slow, but my lord don't FLY through it either!

I played with a group last night that by the time I had grabbed my first med kit at the beginning of No Mercy, he was already out of the building on the 1st floor! This was on normal level, also.

If it's THAT easy, just play on expert all the time.

As far as versus goes, I'm just no good at it. I respawn, jump on someone, snare them with the tongue or try puking on them and die within 30 seconds...

vikingshadow is offline   Reply With Quote