PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-23-2009, 05:46 PM #1
LoganBeaver
Team Hater

Making your gun "different"

Anyone have any tips on how to make your maker a bit different from the others.

I know the obvious upgrades will make it original.

But im talking around the house things that will spice it up

I've added a peice of red macro line to add some more color but i need some more tips
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2009, 05:46 PM #2
LoganBeaver
Team Hater

Crap wrong thread(:

Check in the NEW PLAYER HELP thread so you can answer
Old 07-23-2009, 09:49 PM #3
SCUBA Gunner
I Dive - I Shoot

You could do what i did... make it weigh 65 lbs. with a 2000 round hopper and two 72ci tanks... but i don't reccomend it!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:12 PM #4
The Artist
Dan "The Artist"

wait Scuba, are you the dude that had the Handle Bar mustache at ION? If you are i'd love to see a vid of your gun actually firing, i only got to see it when i was talking to you over near the air fills.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:18 PM #5
SCUBA Gunner
I Dive - I Shoot

LOL! Yeah, Dan- That's me... Between the moustache and the gun I better stay out of trouble- you'd spot me in the police line up for sure!

Skirmish has the youtube video from Travel Channel's "21 Manliest Adventures" on their page... You'll spot me at 1:43 at ION 2008 for about 3 seconds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRmru5EqdnM
Old 07-23-2009, 10:28 PM #6
Someonelse2

Wow thats quite the unit you have there.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:31 PM #7
SCUBA Gunner
I Dive - I Shoot

LOL! I'm totally compensating! I swear!
Old 07-24-2009, 01:55 AM #8
BennyT
Oderint dum metuant

has been a member for 10 years
huge fan of mojo. I have prayer beads from Sri Lanka, all kinds of random stuff, on my markers. you def. trade efficiency for looks the more you add on, but as they say in 13th warrior when they toss him a sword he can't wield,

Grow stronger!!!
West Point MVT 08|Paras Pelaaja, Finland 08|HN Red Dawn MVP 09|West Point MVP 09| MasterBlaster & Assault Ribbon, Kilsbergsbataljen #8|Viper Extravaganza EMR 10, MOFO

SPbTV.AC Uppsala.Wizeguy

Proud and northernmost member of the 518
Old 07-24-2009, 10:14 AM #9
The Artist
Dan "The Artist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUBA Gunner View Post
LOL! Yeah, Dan- That's me... Between the moustache and the gun I better stay out of trouble- you'd spot me in the police line up for sure!

Skirmish has the youtube video from Travel Channel's "21 Manliest Adventures" on their page... You'll spot me at 1:43 at ION 2008 for about 3 seconds...

Haha that was a cool video. So Scuba, the barrels on your gun don't actually spin right?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:04 PM #10
Paintballkid429

duct tape + stake knife will do the trick, capital barrel tap TO THE MAX!
J-Rab Fan Club #34
Old 07-24-2009, 06:28 PM #11
Bonvicini tre45
DELETE-DELETE

Quote:

jesus, thats your gun man? how much does that weigh and shoot? haah
DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE
Old 07-24-2009, 06:31 PM #12
HIGHTOWER
Fighting Five-Oh Co-Capt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyT View Post
huge fan of mojo. I have prayer beads from Sri Lanka, all kinds of random stuff, on my markers. you def. trade efficiency for looks the more you add on, but as they say in 13th warrior when they toss him a sword he can't wield,

Grow stronger!!!
OR you just do what he did and make it smaller and fit to you

ummm and knowing what type of marker you had loganbeaver would also help in stearing you towards modification suggestions
Old 07-24-2009, 08:51 PM #13
noah harper
••E-BRAKE••

noah harper donated to help Peyton Trent
noah harper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noah harper supports Team VICIOUS
noah harper supports Bob Gurnsey
noah harper supports Pev's Paintball
noah harper is attending Decay of Nations VI
I say cover it in fake fur of different colors (bounces) and duct tape things like tin foil, tv remote, ping pong paddle, pens and markers, candy bars and a hole puncher to it. That would be money!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:56 PM #14
TheLastBrunnenG
Ninety Pound Gun!

TheLastBrunnenG helped look for balloons
TheLastBrunnenG supports our troops
TheLastBrunnenG has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonvicini tre45 View Post
jesus, thats your gun man? how much does that weigh and shoot? haah
Sounds like mine. In fact, it was Skirmish's super-duper airsmith WinterGS who gave me the name "Ninety Pound Gun".
Old 07-25-2009, 08:30 AM #15
SCUBA Gunner
I Dive - I Shoot

Dan- Sorry dude! If I want em to spin I gotta do pirouettes! (I hang my head in shame everytime someone brings that up...)

NPG- Please tell me you're not serious, or that's an exaggeration! Mine pushes 65 lbs. but 90!?! You'd have to be compensating even worse than me! And since you mentioned him- Winter is a helluva guy! He saw me lugging "The Beast" off the field (we were camped up PAST the co2 stations) and told me to throw it up on the roof of his car so I wouldn't have to carry it. And that's just the most recent AWESOME thing he's done for us over the years.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:33 AM #16
SCUBA Gunner
I Dive - I Shoot

Bonvicini- Specs are as follows:

weight empty: 22lbs (no paint and no tanks)
weight loaded: 65lbs (paint and air)
guns used: 2x Tippmann A-5 with expansion chambers, Older Model E-Grips, Psycho-Ballistic front bolts, Tru-Flite 16" barrels
tanks: 2x 72 ci 3000 psi N2
hopper: 1x metal tool box which holds 2000 rounds (1 full case) and feeds both sides
frame: my own design using PVC, wood dowels, threaded steel rods, and 550 cord. (No BS... I really use paracord!)

Again, I apologize that the barrels don't actually spin and fire through all 6. However, I can empty a full case of paint in about a minute and have often used this piece for "indirect fire" by arcing the rounds up and over cover. I tend to keep my velocity a little low (230-250 fps) because I find I get optimal performance in that range. I also don't want to risk running hot just on principal. The cyclone feeds are stock from Tippmann and work well as long as I use quality paint. I put about 10,000 rnds through it at ION 2009 and had only one jam at about 9,000. There is a discussion on another thread about using two guns and a ref declared this legal because it's all tied in to one trigger. With that said I have been booted from other game "just because" the ref said so. This goes with the territory, and I always accept the ruling of the ref closest to me, regardless of what the last ref said was "okay" five minutes prior. Feel free to PM or email me.
If you wanna field something like this just remember what Uncle Ben told Spidey- "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility"!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:47 PM #17
cornchips
got any dip?

cornchips is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah harper View Post
I say cover it in fake fur of different colors (bounces) and duct tape things like tin foil, tv remote, ping pong paddle, pens and markers, candy bars and a hole puncher to it. That would be money!!!
leave it to the fat guy to want a candy bar on his marker wile your at it why not use brownies for the grips and a pack of mento's for a bolt
Joey aka Cornchips #12 proud member of Team Predator
teampredator 2008-Battle of the Bulge MVT
Sponsored by Predator's Den Paintball Supply, Newton, NJ
"Originally posted by PyroManiac:
TeamPredator - your reputation as an honest, hard hitting relentless bunch of killers are well deserved. I feel sorry for anyone that has to go up against a full squad of your team!
*The views expressed by Shag77 are not necessarily that of Team Predator. Any similiarites between persons live or dead is merely coincidental-Predator Legal
Old 07-26-2009, 12:07 AM #18
Bonvicini tre45
DELETE-DELETE

Quote:
Bonvicini- Specs are as follows:

weight empty: 22lbs (no paint and no tanks)
weight loaded: 65lbs (paint and air)
guns used: 2x Tippmann A-5 with expansion chambers, Older Model E-Grips, Psycho-Ballistic front bolts, Tru-Flite 16" barrels
tanks: 2x 72 ci 3000 psi N2
hopper: 1x metal tool box which holds 2000 rounds (1 full case) and feeds both sides
frame: my own design using PVC, wood dowels, threaded steel rods, and 550 cord. (No BS... I really use paracord!)

Again, I apologize that the barrels don't actually spin and fire through all 6. However, I can empty a full case of paint in about a minute and have often used this piece for "indirect fire" by arcing the rounds up and over cover. I tend to keep my velocity a little low (230-250 fps) because I find I get optimal performance in that range. I also don't want to risk running hot just on principal. The cyclone feeds are stock from Tippmann and work well as long as I use quality paint. I put about 10,000 rnds through it at ION 2009 and had only one jam at about 9,000. There is a discussion on another thread about using two guns and a ref declared this legal because it's all tied in to one trigger. With that said I have been booted from other game "just because" the ref said so. This goes with the territory, and I always accept the ruling of the ref closest to me, regardless of what the last ref said was "okay" five minutes prior. Feel free to PM or email me.
If you wanna field something like this just remember what Uncle Ben told Spidey- "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility"!
how does the trigger work?
DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE-DELETE
Old 07-26-2009, 12:30 AM #19
The-Grim-Reaper (Banned)

The-Grim-Reaper helped look for balloons
The-Grim-Reaper owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Old 07-26-2009, 04:16 PM #20
SCUBA Gunner
I Dive - I Shoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonvicini tre45 View Post
how does the trigger work?
Until I get my patent, it's a trade secret, my son. Let's just say it involves the aforementioned parachute cord, a liberal application of my moustache wax, some pixie dust... I've already said too much...

Seriously, that was the hardest part of figuring the whole system out. And then it hit me like a bolt of lightening at 3am one morning. It's so simple, but impossible to explain without visuals. Catch me on the field and I promise to show you. Okay?

I feel like I've highjacked this thread. Please go make some suggestions to the young man who started it. He has moved his thread to "New Player Help" with the same title.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:57 PM #21
ROAD DOG 33

ROAD DOG 33 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ROAD DOG 33 supports Team VICIOUS
ROAD DOG 33 supports Bob Gurnsey
Dude if you want to make your gun really pop, try a piece of yellow macroline!