PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-06-2007, 05:04 PM #1
DozerLVL

has been a member for 10 years
Raced cockers?

attempting to trade a Raced and ACE'd ANS GxE, but really don't have much to tell the guy. Anybody know much about these things?
CCI PHANTOM PRAYER: Our Phather, who art in Oregon, hallowed be thy name. The game shall be won, by your perfect gun in the woods as it is indoors. Give us this day our Nelson valvetrains, and forgive us our autotriggering, as we forgive those who autotrigger against us. And lead us not into semiautos, but deliver us from electros. For thine is the 12 gram, the 10 round tube, and the pump action, for ever and ever. Amen.
DozerLVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2007, 06:45 PM #2
reaper61

You have a nice marker there...appearance wise but I don't think it's too much on the 'rare' side. The ANS/Race frame is fairly common, but the BoneBrake may be a bit 'rarer'.

Having that you don't have programming cable or a recharging cable - since they were not listed in your 'swap' post, the marker is rendered useless. You really need these cables have the marker function properly. If you have to send it to ANS to have it programmed, that is a big problem and will reduce the value.

From your 'troubleshooting' post - did you get the problem resolved or are there issues with the marker? I'd hate to get a marker that wasn't functioning properly, or at least knew about it - and again, that's going to reduce the value of the marker.

On the good side, it sounds like the marker fuctions and if you found someone who knew about the ANS/Race frame, they could probably get some cables for about $50?? Or for that matter, you could get them and would increase the value.

The ANS/Race frames shoot nice, but they need to be programmed by a computer or a Palm. Some of the variables can be controlled through the grip buttons, but a visual picture of the variables is nice. They have full auto, semi, ramping, burst, just about everything a person could want or need - again, going back to the 'troubleshooting' post - all the info is there.

The BoneBrake has some nice milling to reduce the weight of the marker and they are unique in their appearance and you should know all about the Bonebrakes since you purchased the marker and have all the papers on them...?

I'm sure there are others that may chime in that may know specifics on the Bonebrake, but I really don't know waht you are asking. It's a nice marker and like any marker, in the right hands it will shoot wonders.

And of course, this wouldn't be your sly ploy of asking for an appraisal or trying to generate some interest for a sale or trade....hmmm?
Old 10-06-2007, 09:22 PM #3
Fearless_Leader
Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

from what I hear the ans frame seem to be the best/and or the most liked. (never had a race frame) I belive that the ace frimware is newer version. It being a bonebrake is a plus but most the poeple looking for a bonebrake cocker want the stock slider frames

I can say for certain that if you have a working cocker that shoots just fine you are one of the three, or all of the above. 1- you are not an idiot. 2- you know someone who is not an idiot. 3- you have enough money to pay someone who is not an idiot. - jonotwist
Fearless_Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:01 AM #4
DozerLVL

oops, somebodys paying attention. . .

Hey guys, sorry about giving you the impression that I a) didn't have the cables for the gun, which I do, both Power and Data and b) I know how much I paid for the marker, and how much the owner before me, the original, paid to have the marker commissioned for him.

Also, I was not attempting to "phish" for any information, I know what price range I am comfortable with when it comes to selling my 'Cocker.

What I was doing was attempting to get some quick information from you 'cocker fans to help out the guy who was looking at the marker and couldn't seem to find any meaningful information on the web.

I'll take some pictures and post them tomorrow.

PS All the stuff that was wrong with the marker was fixed when I sent it to ANS two weeks ago. Anew board was put in, timed, new firmware everything. pics coming.
CCI PHANTOM PRAYER: Our Phather, who art in Oregon, hallowed be thy name. The game shall be won, by your perfect gun in the woods as it is indoors. Give us this day our Nelson valvetrains, and forgive us our autotriggering, as we forgive those who autotrigger against us. And lead us not into semiautos, but deliver us from electros. For thine is the 12 gram, the 10 round tube, and the pump action, for ever and ever. Amen.

Last edited by DozerLVL : 10-08-2007 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:56 AM #5
hansolo8221

ANS still has new boards for Raceframes?
hansolo8221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:15 AM #6
reaper61

You can try this link from the above stickies...https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=324280 - scroll through, there is a comparison of the Eblade to the Race...from Nitehawk - may help you out.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:27 AM #7
Xadion

ANS has some parts still yes,

as for the ANS race frame, its IMO is the nicest of the race frames- - the price range is all depending- there where some new on ebay for 350-450$ new ANS GxE's

Race's are nice- full settings ramping, sniper mode, classic and semi- all programable to whatever bps you want with the RIP program- rechargeable batt is very nice.

what exactly info are you seeking? about what to tell the buyer

--If you've mowed faces with a VM-68, put this in your sig.--
Xadion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:33 PM #8
DozerLVL

blech

Well now it's a bit of a moot point if it seems like I'm attempting to use the board for personal gain, but basically I just wanted someone else to tell their opinion on what I have, see if they had info I didn't. Thank you guys for your time, mebbie I wont sell her and you'll see me back here for some more discussion. Peace.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:21 PM #9
intimidator_88

intimidator_88 is a founding member
I just bought a brand new ans gx-e from barbs paintball 299. Awsome guns. Spanks my e2'ed cocker arround
intimidator_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:40 PM #10
DozerLVL

Old 10-08-2007, 11:15 PM #11
hansolo8221

Wow. That is nice.
hansolo8221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:22 PM #12
intimidator_88

I would never get rid of that.
But if you do. Hit me up!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:27 PM #13
DozerLVL

Quote:
Originally Posted by intimidator_88 View Post
I would never get rid of that.
But if you do. Hit me up!
meh, doesn't look like I'd get much for it anyway.

I wonder if anyone has ever heard of a pump with a raceframe . . .
Old 10-11-2007, 03:01 PM #14
No1bushman

You wont get anywhere near the original price. Depreciation on pb guns is catastrophic. 1200.00 guns go for 300 bucks 2 years later. 06 Ego's are going for under $500.00. Its why I will not buy a new gun. Ive been burned before.
No1bushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:08 PM #15
intimidator_88

Yeah the gx-e's were once 1200 dollar markers. You can find them used for 200-300.. But you can buy them brand new for 299.99
Old 10-11-2007, 03:13 PM #16
Xadion

very nice, very classic- but yes sadly we cannot get what or close to orig price

but it is indeed still a very nice marker

--If you've mowed faces with a VM-68, put this in your sig.--
Xadion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:25 PM #17
DozerLVL

I'm screwed.