Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-20-2014, 04:35 PM #1
j mizzle53
Big White Man

j mizzle53 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
j mizzle53 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
want to lose 100+ pounds. HELP!!!

Ok, so here's my short intro as to what is going on...

about 4 years ago, I was in halfway decent shape for my size. Grant it, I was still over weight. I am 6'1", and I weighed about 280..however I was playing football, baseball, and competitively lifting weights in high school...a couple of years went by, and I let myself go...I gradually gained weight, stopped lifting, and all in all I just got fat...I weighed about 330...looking myself in the eye, I told myself I'd wanted to join the Army, and I knew I had a long way to go...on December 27th of 2011 I started a VERY strict and serious diet, so that I could reach my goal...that May, I had lost over 70 pounds, and was in the absolute best shape of my life weighing in at approx. 255...well things took a turn for the worst..I went in for a physical and the doctor told me that I was "medically unable" to join our military...so i got depressed, and yet again let myself go...

so here I am...June 20th, 2014...currently weighing in at 328 pounds at age 22, and again, finding myself in terrible shape...I've recently decided that I want to play tournament paintball, as I've really been a weekend warrior since march of 2002...and it's given me the motivation to lose the weight and get back in shape!!

I want to know from the pbnation community, where the heck do i start? I know how to exercise...I know how to eat right, I just want to know if there's any serious diet plans that actually work better than others...

please comment below letting me know whatever you know that might be of assistance to fat ol' me.

(edit) Also, I would appreciate any type of weight lifting regimen that you all think would be beneficial, not necessarily to bulk up, but just to stay toned while losing all this weight.

thanks so much for reading, I appreciate all your time and effort!

Last edited by j mizzle53 : 06-20-2014 at 07:12 PM.
j mizzle53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2014, 04:59 PM #2
Smart Parts Player12

has been a member for 10 years
Remember what you did in 2011?

Do it again.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:02 PM #3
j mizzle53
Big White Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
Remember what you did in 2011?

Do it again.
this advice definitely gave me a chuckle. the problem this time is that I dont have the means. I'm much shorter on money, and we all know healthier food is more expensive...
Old 06-20-2014, 06:22 PM #4
Pump Revolution

Just eat less, when I want to lose weight I continue eating the same food, I just eat smaller portions of it.

You could eat nothing but twinkies and lose weight, as long as your not eating more of them then your body requires.

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:44 PM #5
j mizzle53
Big White Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
Just eat less, when I want to lose weight I continue eating the same food, I just eat smaller portions of it.

You could eat nothing but twinkies and lose weight, as long as your not eating more of them then your body requires.
ive actually been told to eat more believe it or not. my metabolism is soooooo slow because i typically dont eat more than one meal a day, maybe two...its strange you'd think being big like I am, id eat a lot, but thats not the case. I'm going to be eating small portions more often...typically when i eat dinner im so hungry that I will order something that I can see myself being very full on...and thats a terrible idea...
Old 06-20-2014, 06:46 PM #6
Vikingpaint

I hear yah. ^^ that guy is right.
I'm currently serving in the Army. I'm 5'4" but weigh in at 160. They consider it overweight granted some of it is muscle I've put on at the gym (stronger than I've ever been) but I still have done definite fat I could lose. I thought running my butt off and generally working out would do the trick, but nothing has really changed. It helps a bit but the significant pound killer is the diet. Learned this after talking to a few people:

When dieting: Eating less - sure it helps. What you eat is more important though. This can actually help you save money! If you want it easy - slim fast or some all inclusive dietary supplement in the morning (no extras). Then small meals for lunch and don't feel stuff after dinner (late meals sit and don't get burned off so try and eat at least 4 hours before zonking out).
Otherwise just go grocery shopping for fresh foods or lean meals you can cook. There are simple recipes all over the Internet, or get a cheap book from a book store. (Minimize salt intake when following recipes and obvious fatty ingredients - ie butter and some oils).

Gotta stay active as well, but something as simple, easy, and inexpensive as hiking and walking will work - even some woodsballing (or any paintballing in higher elevation helps!) Don't try long distance running right away - you will destroy your joints. Give your body a chance to rekindle its active lifestyle.

Good luck friend - find your motivation and you'll be fine.

DTW
Vikingpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:48 PM #7
Vikingpaint

Lol sorry you replied before I did - not pointing to the same person who started the thread. If you are doing smaller meals, make sure you a high energy breakfast early on in the day. It'll start your metabolism up so you burn more throughout the day.
Vikingpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:10 PM #8
j mizzle53
Big White Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingpaint View Post
I hear yah. ^^ that guy is right.
I'm currently serving in the Army. I'm 5'4" but weigh in at 160. They consider it overweight granted some of it is muscle I've put on at the gym (stronger than I've ever been) but I still have done definite fat I could lose. I thought running my butt off and generally working out would do the trick, but nothing has really changed. It helps a bit but the significant pound killer is the diet. Learned this after talking to a few people:

When dieting: Eating less - sure it helps. What you eat is more important though. This can actually help you save money! If you want it easy - slim fast or some all inclusive dietary supplement in the morning (no extras). Then small meals for lunch and don't feel stuff after dinner (late meals sit and don't get burned off so try and eat at least 4 hours before zonking out).
Otherwise just go grocery shopping for fresh foods or lean meals you can cook. There are simple recipes all over the Internet, or get a cheap book from a book store. (Minimize salt intake when following recipes and obvious fatty ingredients - ie butter and some oils).

Gotta stay active as well, but something as simple, easy, and inexpensive as hiking and walking will work - even some woodsballing (or any paintballing in higher elevation helps!) Don't try long distance running right away - you will destroy your joints. Give your body a chance to rekindle its active lifestyle.

Good luck friend - find your motivation and you'll be fine.

DTW
thank you! i really appreciate the advice...i plan on playing as often as i can, however, again...money is a factor. I will be walking every evening, slowly making my way into a slow jog...eventually a run at a brisk pace. I plan to enter with a few friends into D6 with a few friends come the start of the next CFPS tournament here in florida, right around February. So, in turn my main goal is to have lost in the neighborhood of 75-100 pounds...
Old 06-20-2014, 07:40 PM #9
Pump Revolution

Eating only once a day doesn't slow your metabolism down.

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:02 PM #10
ionbrother

What I'm hearing is awfully good advice! Don't be scared to eat. Eating up to only 3 times a day, your body goes into a "starvation" mode knowing it has to make those calories last. If you can eat 4-5 small meals your body will more readily burn the calories because it knows it will receive food shortly after.
Then working out, it can be anything just make sure you are being physical! Personally I love crossfit and have seen it work wonders for some. Others don't like it. I don't like running but it works great for others. Just be active and slowly increase your activity as your body allows it!

MacDev Militia
ionbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:09 PM #11
phantom wood
gellin

**** man
Old 07-18-2014, 01:12 PM #12
paintball_fanatic123

paintball_fanatic123 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Daily walks, jogs, sprints help. But that's a small piece of the pie, eat better, and watch the portion sizes. A friend of mine used medifast, food tastes awful, but it works, really well.

Looking to buy quality used gear!
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post95702842
paintball_fanatic123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:30 PM #13
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

jesus ****ing christ people
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:56 PM #14
tanner202

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionbrother View Post
What I'm hearing is awfully good advice! Don't be scared to eat. Eating up to only 3 times a day, your body goes into a "starvation" mode knowing it has to make those calories last. If you can eat 4-5 small meals your body will more readily burn the calories because it knows it will receive food shortly after.
Then working out, it can be anything just make sure you are being physical! Personally I love crossfit and have seen it work wonders for some. Others don't like it. I don't like running but it works great for others. Just be active and slowly increase your activity as your body allows it!
Oh do tell more

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
tanner202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:56 PM #15
brooks2135

The best piece of advise I can give you is do it for you, not for something you think you want. If something happens and the thing you want gets removed, you relapse. Do it for you and your future.
brooks2135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:41 AM #16
MaDr0X
Unh uh!

MaDr0X donated to help Peyton Trent
Im going to suggest you start with kicking some things OUT of your diet. Like the sugars. If you are drinking soda and eating candy and such, kick it out. With fruit I try to eat it before noon since it has natural sugars. Only drink water, and A LOT of it. Hydration is key with helping everything. If you already know this then start now haha. Other than that try to eat plenty but portion and spread your meals and snacks out. Jump start that metabolism. I try to eat every 2-3 hours.

I personally hate running so for my cardio I spend a lot of time on a jump-rope. Its a great work out. I am no means in good shape or a fitness expert but im speaking from experience. I had a simple routine I did a few years ago that helped me lose weight and lean out. The sugar cutting and dieting helped a lot. Stay consistent and drink that water!

F2K Swap

Old Feed back | New Feedback
MaDr0X is offline   Reply With Quote