Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-24-2008, 03:18 PM #64
Team_Killed
+*509*+

has been a member for 10 years
Team_Killed plays in the PSP
Team_Killed plays in the APPA D4 division
we need to see how 1 league could work out for us rather than 2 fighting leagues again...

We need to all be a united front, playing the same game, knowing how to practice the same system, not bickering which format is better or attempting to play both.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2008, 03:32 PM #65
Braddoc
Yukon Cornelius

Braddoc plays in the PSP
Braddoc is an NCPA player
Braddoc plays in the APPA D5 division
just so you know, I'm clearly not invested in either league, and I think they both had their pros and cons.

but what you are suggesting, that they just say "**** it" to 7man and "unite" under 1 league is. . . not that easy. . .

that's all fine and dandy for people who are already die hard Xball and 5 man format players, but the players who have been dedicated to the 7man game for years are at a large disadvantage. 5man/xball is a completely different ballgame, and adapting wouldn't be easy. sure they could get the hang of it in a season, maybe two. but thats a lot of money spent on a steep learning curve.

Not to mention, it really is asking a lot for players to give up their favorite format that they have been dedicated to for a long time and tell them to just "unite under one banner" just because you think it is for the greater good. that would be like someone snagging your Lambo and sticking you with a prius. because it's better for the environment. in a rough comparison, anyway.
University of Minnesota Paintball #4
cyborg
nox inside

droid
MacDevMilitia
Old 12-24-2008, 03:44 PM #66
~OA-Soldier~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddoc View Post
just so you know, I'm clearly not invested in either league, and I think they both had their pros and cons.

but what you are suggesting, that they just say "**** it" to 7man and "unite" under 1 league is. . . not that easy. . .

that's all fine and dandy for people who are already die hard Xball and 5 man format players, but the players who have been dedicated to the 7man game for years are at a large disadvantage. 5man/xball is a completely different ballgame, and adapting wouldn't be easy. sure they could get the hang of it in a season, maybe two. but thats a lot of money spent on a steep learning curve.

Not to mention, it really is asking a lot for players to give up their favorite format that they have been dedicated to for a long time and tell them to just "unite under one banner" just because you think it is for the greater good. that would be like someone snagging your Lambo and sticking you with a prius. because it's better for the environment. in a rough comparison, anyway.
I don't know man, when I pull my prius up next to a tree it automatically refills the tank...
Old 12-24-2008, 04:36 PM #67
clinteastwood
Arsenal Evo

lolol
Old 12-24-2008, 05:09 PM #68
gsimp
Take back our Country

Stop the speculation and just wait for the announcement. Ya'll gonna like what you hear trust me. HB.......oh yeah!

Arsenal Predators

PS. can't wait to play 12-man............kidding don't ANYONE post this again!
OACC at CHESAPEAKE CITY, MARYLAND

Last edited by gsimp : 12-24-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:25 PM #69
sputnik36

how about two events in Wildwood, NJ, two events in HB and one event in Miami, FL?? all of them on the beach.....lol
KEE Action Sports
EMPIRE GEAR
Kohn Sports http://www.kohnsports.com/
JS Photography http://jeffyphoto.com/
Old 12-24-2008, 06:58 PM #70
Black Pat
TakeThereLife.Soul.Bhole.

Black Pat plays in the USPL
Black Pat plays in the PSP
Black Pat plays in the APPA D2 division
Black Pat has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vadim first time i ever herd you say something i loved.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:53 PM #71
ArsenalPB

ArsenalPB is a Professional paintball player
New league

There are some really good people working on this 7 man series. I feel confident that the details will prove that this series is not designed to compete with the PSP. There are an overwhelming number of teams who want to play 7 man... The league should be announcing its plans soon. Stay tuned!! Happy Holidays to all. Tom.

Last edited by ArsenalPB : 12-24-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:55 PM #72
~OA-Soldier~

I also hear Evolution will be reffing, thus securing that JCrim will never get his pro spot.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:54 PM #73
Moonboot
XCAPE

Moonboot supports Bob Gurnsey
Moonboot is Legendary
This league will probably help fill the void of the NPPL, but again, filling that void with a new tournament series instead of uniting tournament play paintball may not be the best route to take... Again I believe tournament paintball needs to grow under one format. Sure, teams will have to adjust but it has to start somewhere.
Columbus LVL #31
Adrenaline #21
OSUPB ALUMNI
TRUST 14+/0-
Old 12-25-2008, 12:52 PM #74
bjammin210
Krunk

bjammin210 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bjammin210 plays in the APPA D4 division
bjammin210 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bjammin210 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I think having one league would make paintball seem more legit. similar to how there is just the nfl and such. or just the nba. but kudos to the people that wanna play 7-man cuz they can't handle the big boys league

Speed Boat

RIP Sidney Ng
Old 12-25-2008, 07:11 PM #75
xEg0_Addictx
Really a 2k5er.

w/e psp is **** imo
Old 12-25-2008, 07:17 PM #76
*Shooting_Hot*
RBL

*Shooting_Hot* plays in the PSP
*Shooting_Hot* supports Team VICIOUS
*Shooting_Hot* plays in the APPA D5 division
People just need to give 7-man a break. If only for 1 year, just let it rest and not rush into it. Give 1 league a shot. Maybe this year will ROCK SOCKS and everyone (NPPL lovers and haters) will realize 1 league is great, or it will be a total bust.

I vote NO
Old 12-25-2008, 07:33 PM #77
El_cubano
YES....CUBAN B!!!!!!

El_cubano is a Supporting Member
i just got a little hard.... a legit 7 man national league started by someone who actually knows paintball would b sick...especially now w. the psp talking about the rof change and all that...hope this happens.

"They moved on up to the east side...To a deluxe apartment in the sky...They Finally Got a Piece of the Pie."
Old 12-25-2008, 09:24 PM #78
jve153
STD Factory

jve153 is a Supporting Member
jve153 plays in the USPL
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeentchianGod View Post
Honorable? Sure. I've no doubt he only wants what's best for paintball.

Positive? On that, I'm not so sure. I'm not sure it's negative, either, so don't go get all angry. I just don't know if it's in all of our best interests to keep splitting the focus and further taxing the sponsors and diluting the player base amongst multiple leagues. I don't think having an NPPL and PSP competing with each other was good for the sport. And I'm growing more and more certain that spending the money necessary to run a national league is one of the least effective ways of marketing product to the paintball world... at least, the paintball world that pays full price for things.

So, while Tom might be well deserving of support, I'm not sure this idea does.

But, I could be wrong.
not sure i agree with this guy, but finally someone with a different opinion spoken positively without being a douche.
i have been practicing psp style format for about a month now in case thats what we decide to do, and having played 7-man against xball teams, i think its alot easier to adjust from 7-man to psp than the other way around
07/09 egos
02 DC custom milled viking
06 Angel Speed "The Gat"
"...now if i could only get my angel to shoot real paintballs."
"i dont think the format really matters, as long as there are players on the opposite side of the field, i think well be able to figure it out"
Old 12-25-2008, 09:26 PM #79
gsimp
Take back our Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Shooting_Hot* View Post
People just need to give 7-man a break. If only for 1 year, just let it rest and not rush into it. Give 1 league a shot. Maybe this year will ROCK SOCKS and everyone (NPPL lovers and haters) will realize 1 league is great, or it will be a total bust.

I vote NO
Good thing you don't get a vote...........
OACC at CHESAPEAKE CITY, MARYLAND
Old 12-25-2008, 09:59 PM #80
Black Pat
TakeThereLife.Soul.Bhole.

Black Pat plays in the USPL
Black Pat plays in the PSP
Black Pat plays in the APPA D2 division
Black Pat has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i agree with the above statement.

Only scenario i see there could be one leauge is if this leauge merges with PSP
to have 7 man and Xball at one venue. That would be cool. But since i dont hear anything PSP forming a 7 man leauge to accomidate the loss of NPPL this is the best thing and im glad. T4 is doing something legit for every 7 man team in the U.S. right now
Old 12-26-2008, 03:00 PM #81
DarkArmorPB
VampiresTasteLikeChicken

DarkArmorPB is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsenalPB View Post
There are some really good people working on this 7 man series. I feel confident that the details will prove that this series is not designed to compete with the PSP. There are an overwhelming number of teams who want to play 7 man... The league should be announcing its plans soon. Stay tuned!! Happy Holidays to all. Tom.
If this does happen and they ARE planning on a midwest event, My advice would be to have it in Chicago. Indy would be a very low rank second choice. Anywhere else in the midwest is just a waste of money. ST Louis, KC and Houston included.

DA
Old 12-26-2008, 05:58 PM #82
sputnik36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Pat View Post
vadim first time i ever herd you say something i loved.
lol word up pat!

but it would be interesting to see how TF will seprate his ownership of Arsenal umbrella and his new league....

just an opinion - the stadiums would be waste of money. beach/board walk is the best and cheapest exposure for pb event... or even busy shopping mall...rent the parking lot there, more ppl would see it than at SD stadium.
KEE Action Sports
EMPIRE GEAR
Kohn Sports http://www.kohnsports.com/
JS Photography http://jeffyphoto.com/
Old 12-26-2008, 06:01 PM #83
clinteastwood
Arsenal Evo

Glen, i love you like a bro, but i will stab you if u jinx me! lol ... i only see that because somehow i can see that happening. lolol
Old 12-26-2008, 08:10 PM #84
ArsenalPB

ArsenalPB is a Professional paintball player
Perhaps we should be more concerned that this PB Reserve post is on 3 forums and there have been less than 50 comments. Makes you wonder if this sport is as popular as we think.. well... maybe everyone is off for the holidays.

Looking for information to give everyone in the next week.

Thanks!