Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-07-2008, 08:44 PM #22
chibbs

has been a member for 10 years
the only complaint i had about the refs were they should have had glow sticks during the night play other then that they were amazing

Play hard or not at all!
chibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2008, 09:15 PM #23
clintstylez
King Dingaling

clintstylez owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
yes the refs were very professional, more than other scenarios i have been to. I usually have problems with AT LEAST one ref, but not in this game. hats off for a job well done.

the sportsmanship was amazing as well, i did not see any wiping, or arguments personally, im sure it happened, but from my eyes, it was a very clean game. i cant wait until next year.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:49 AM #24
raehl
NCPA President

raehl is a Moderator
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl is a founding member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
I would have congratulated more red players for great shots on me if I had any clue WTF those shots had come from. So whoever picked me off those couple times, nice job. (I did also congratulate some of the Reds who made some good moves on me - especially whoever it was who bunkered me out when we were covering your insertion point on Sat afternoon.)

Also a big thanks to ALL the Red players who did not overshoot me AT ALL during the final battle on Sunday when I was out of paint and air and had naught to do but attempt to get the white pipes onto the red side. Almost made it once too. Still got shot plenty of times, but was really impressed with how quickly the streams of paint at me stopped once I got hit.

- Chris

Check Out Paintball on TV!

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org

Last edited by raehl : 04-08-2008 at 01:53 AM.
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:53 AM #25
raehl
NCPA President

raehl is a Moderator
raehl plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintstylez View Post
yes the refs were very professional, more than other scenarios i have been to. I usually have problems with AT LEAST one ref, but not in this game. hats off for a job well done.
Glad the refs worked out for everyone. I don't know how many refs there were in total, but 12 of the refs were from the Illinois State team and 12 were from the Purdue team, although they didn't work the night shift. I know they all put in a lot of effort to do the best job possible and had great support from the rest of the reffing crew. They also were all very impressed with the events' participants, so on their behalf, thanks to everyone for a great two days of play.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

Old 04-08-2008, 01:10 PM #26
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
2 of the reffs who where in bedlam with me for the first 2-3 hours of the game or so were from Illinois. Nice guys.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:19 PM #27
[Hell Bent] Wildcard

Raehl - was that you that made that attempted the final push with 10 seconds to go? I was throughly impressed with the drive you showed trying to get that slap-stick. It was amazing how many people's guns were trained on that stick!
[Hell Bent] Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:46 PM #28
raehl
NCPA President

raehl is a Moderator
raehl plays in the PSP
That was me. Was out of air and paint at that point. I was actually only about 2 strides away from the slap-stick when I finally got hit with a break (two bounces just before that). SOOOO close.

What was amazing is I only got hit those three times (well, on that run anyway - got hit plenty more times on the previous two runs it took me to figure out where I might have a chance of making it). So props to the red team for not totally lighting me up.

It retrospect, I'm a little irked I didn't think to grab 25-30 people who were hanging out by the buildings and go push the woods side. We almost got up there just before I ran out of paint and air and if we had pushed out the two or three guys they had in the trees basically mowing down anyone we sent up the berm we'd have done much, much better, and it's not like we didn't have the bodies available.

Next time.

- Chris

Last edited by raehl : 04-08-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:54 PM #29
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 supports Empire
hindsight is always 20/20, eh?

Play UWL
If I make you cheat, I win.
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:59 PM #30
rpfantasy21

Thanks for the compliments guys. The Purdue staff had a great time reffing this event. You guys made our jobs easier in that final battle by walking out when you were told to without hesitation. Thanks for not shooting us...too much
Old 04-08-2008, 03:07 PM #31
reaper708

reaper708 is playing at Living Legends VII
reaper708 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
That was me. Was out of air and paint at that point. I was actually only about 2 strides away from the slap-stick when I finally got hit with a break (two bounces just before that). SOOOO close.

What was amazing is I only got hit those three times (well, on that run anyway - got hit plenty more times on the previous two runs it took me to figure out where I might have a chance of making it). So props to the red team for not totally lighting me up.

It retrospect, I'm a little irked I didn't think to grab 25-30 people who were hanging out by the buildings and go push the woods side. We almost got up there just before I ran out of paint and air and if we had pushed out the two or three guys they had in the trees basically mowing down anyone we sent up the berm we'd have done much, much better, and it's not like we didn't have the bodies available.

Next time.

- Chris
We were surprised you guys didn't push the woods, there were only a few of us Lapu-lapu in the woods the whole time. When I saw that Blue and his crew were approaching, all we can do is try to hold and just shoot back as much as we can, but like what I said, they didn't try to push all the way, they would just stop right by the post office building. I went through 3/4 of a case for that final battle. We also had a great angle on everyone that was hiding behind the van.
But yeah, you are right, if you guys did try to push through the woods, you would probably have made it all the way. With only a few guys in there, we can only hold for so long, and I kept asking for more guys to come but I guess they have plans to go up the hill.

Last edited by reaper708 : 04-08-2008 at 03:13 PM.
reaper708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:26 PM #32
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 supports Empire
So YOU were the guys I was shooting at from behind the van.

Play UWL
If I make you cheat, I win.
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:37 PM #33
reaper708

yup, at one time when we got far enough, not too long (Blue and his crew walked in), the guys behind the van were just open from our side of the woods.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:42 PM #34
Grinder01
THE HERETICS ARE BACK

Grinder01 is playing at Living Legends X
yeah... that means one of you gogged me at one point.

PSP / NPPL REFEREE
Grinder01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:43 PM #35
ziggy188

ziggy188 plays in the PSP
ziggy188 is playing at Living Legends III
ziggy188 supports Team VICIOUS
ziggy188 plays in the APPA beginner division
to tell the truth i actually didnt know we could go into the woods at all, if i'd a knowin that i would have gone and fought you guys
Old 04-08-2008, 05:49 PM #36
raehl
NCPA President

raehl is a Moderator
raehl plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper708 View Post
We were surprised you guys didn't push the woods, there were only a few of us Lapu-lapu in the woods the whole time. When I saw that Blue and his crew were approaching, all we can do is try to hold and just shoot back as much as we can, but like what I said, they didn't try to push all the way, they would just stop right by the post office building. I went through 3/4 of a case for that final battle. We also had a great angle on everyone that was hiding behind the van.
But yeah, you are right, if you guys did try to push through the woods, you would probably have made it all the way. With only a few guys in there, we can only hold for so long, and I kept asking for more guys to come but I guess they have plans to go up the hill.
I got in on about three significant efforts to push up through the woods. One was with Blue's group, one I got tagged early on a break on an EMPTY POD I for some reason had kept in my pocket (doh!) and one I got to within 25 or so feet of that green bunker on your side of the path, and was either going to have to reload or make a dash for that green bunker on your side of the path, and went for the dash and got tagged about 10 feet out. I'd like to think we'd have won had I made it in, but that's just my ego talking.

But most of the time, we didn't really have many bodies in the woods either, and there were a few times I was there with just a couple other people and WE could have been totally overrun if you had pushed too.

Actually, now that I think about it the time I made it up close to that green bunker might have been with Blue's group. Kinda fogging together. I was really impressed with their team though, they had a level of teamwork and skill that definitely delivered results, and saw that a couple times over the weekend.

Big shout-out to Cesar from Heretics while I'm at it.

- Chris

Last edited by raehl : 04-08-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:53 PM #37
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
It was too hard to push in the woods side because of peopel in the buildings then had an open shot at you. I made it to the pallet once so i could see across the blue side of the hill and was absolutely pinned in a 3 ft area.

did you see the building on the opposite side? The entire front of it was solid orange, it was insane.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:55 PM #38
raehl
NCPA President

raehl is a Moderator
raehl plays in the PSP
Yeah, although I don't know how far we could have pushed the woods without being fodder for your guys in the building. I was OK up to about 25 feet from that green bunker on your side of the path, and had LOTS of paint come in once I went past that. I was too busy getting shot at to notice where exactly it was coming from though. I assumed at the time it was from your guys in the woods, but suppose it could have been the buildings too - or both. But if it WAS the buildings, I probably wouldn't have lived too long in that bunker anyway.

- Chris

Old 04-08-2008, 06:04 PM #39
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
the red guys int eh woods all had a straight line to the hill of the blue side. That's teh biggest reason there wern't many advances up it.

Not sure if you knew this but 80% of all the peopel in the red pushes were out of paint
Old 04-08-2008, 08:18 PM #40
max122

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBenTMoD View Post
I have to say, the refs holding the hill at the final battle, wow, hats off to you guys. To stand up there and take that much punishment is just obsurd.
Good job guys.
i was 1 of the refs on the hill durring the final battle and it was pretty crazy up there but it was fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibbs View Post
the refs should have had glow sticks during the night play
i deff agree with u on that

"Et si fellitur de genu pugnat"
-'And if he falls, he fights from his knees'
max122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:22 PM #41
chibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
the red guys int eh woods all had a straight line to the hill of the blue side. That's teh biggest reason there wern't many advances up it.

Not sure if you knew this but 80% of all the peopel in the red pushes were out of paint
i ran out of paint then started to bum paint, i actually ended up leaving with half a pod because that last screamer went off before i was able to pop up and drop that last half hopper a bummed

prob my fav moment of the whole weekend was just after the 2 min warning i poped up over the mound shot 2 people at the van then saw someone charging shot him and then saw a bunch of people crawling up the mound and i just layed into them until i was shot about 10 times all in the same second in those 3 or 4 seconds over the mound i got 8 or 9 guys well worth the welts i got for it

Play hard or not at all!
chibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:24 PM #42
reaper708

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
It was too hard to push in the woods side because of peopel in the buildings then had an open shot at you. I made it to the pallet once so i could see across the blue side of the hill and was absolutely pinned in a 3 ft area.

did you see the building on the opposite side? The entire front of it was solid orange, it was insane.
are you talking about the buildings in bedlam (blue team) side? if you are, there's netting on the woods side of those buildings, you cant shoot through them. you can see the people, but cant shoot them. you probably got shot by the people behind the van or from the second floor window.
but if your are talking about the ruins in armaggeddon (red side), yes, the woods is open to their fire.

Last edited by reaper708 : 04-08-2008 at 08:35 PM.