PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-15-2013, 08:16 PM #22
Phenomaly

Phenomaly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Soho is overrated :-P Bars are packed, terrible drink specials, and filled with douchebaggery. Unless you are a frat boy or a Jersey Shore wannabe, don't move around there. It's cool to go every once and a blue moon, but I prefer a hole in the wall bar to drink and shoot the ****, maybe throw darts. Linksters bars are pretty cool and the first one started in Sarasota.
Phenomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2013, 02:55 AM #23
murkr
Team Speed

murkr plays in the MiLP
murkr plays in the APPA D4 division
murkr is attending Decay of Nations VII
murkr supports Empire
i got a team of 8 that plays at gator paintball in hudson, we get good discounts for being on team, if your interested in driving here every 2 weeks let me no, we can use 2 more people on our team that also would get discounts, but you'd have to be play every other week
murkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:28 PM #24
jRoc26
Rippin' throats since '88

jRoc26 plays in the APPA beginner division
jRoc26 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SoHo area is perfect for what you are looking for, the man above me is correct about the Douchebaggery, but you sound like you're a successful young adult. So either SoHo or along one of the beach coasts are your best bet, even near soho there are some REALLY nice places for young successful individuals to live, Harbour island is really nice and is affordable with two people that make good money annually. Channelside towers are awesome, so is Hyde Park area, the cheapest of those three is Hyde Park. SoHo is the bar region and has plenty of ladies that are quite attractive and/or ready to ride a cab home w/ you . Now in terms of PB....CFP is eons above any of the other fields in the area at the moment. The only field I would say that you should NEVER go to is Clearwater PB, probably one of the worst field experiences I have ever had. Also, consider the difference in climate...you're coming from NY to FLA....summer may not be your best shot at trying Florida paintball for the first time..unless you go to indoor field (Providence PB in St. Petersburg) lol.....the heat takes a little getting used to.
jRoc26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:02 PM #25
threeham
man seen from see

has been a member for 10 years
threeham has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
threeham has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
threeham has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Living in the Clearwater/Dunedin area here, I love it, but I'm also a family man. I wouldn't move to Tampa city area due to disparity in cost of living, but there are some decent areas in the immediate downtown and southern downtown region.

CFP is *the* field, but, I've always had a ****ty time walking on. Find a team that practices at Orbital, West Coast, Kohns, or possibly Hi-Tech and see if you like playing with them, then ask to tag along to CFP with their squad to make sure you can get quality games in.

I recommend the Orbital field since I've seen groups upwards of 100 people there pretty consistently, Orbital Chaos is a D7 team that plays there sometimes and they were extremely friendly, imo.

Orlando and Miami also have some nice fields in the area if you're okay to drive. Wicked Sports is probably the best pro shop in the whole of Tampa/Sarasota.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:10 PM #26
amofop

amofop plays in the PSP
amofop plays in the APPA D5 division
amofop supports DLX Technology
Lakeland is good depending on how outisde the city your job is. RIght down the street from CFP and and not as much traffic as tampa..... but CFP is not the best for walkon's mostly teams go there to grind so its difficult to walk on on most weekends. Blitz has a good walk on croud for some speedball.

WTB BACKUP SET UP
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post79063791
amofop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:11 PM #27
cooldudebd007

I agree with the guy above. If you want to ball with some good guys go to CFP. If you're trying to budget ball go to west coast paintball. Providence is okay. It gets hot in there sometimes. Wicked sports is the best pro shop around the Tampa bay area. Gator is fun for woods but you can't play on the speedball if you aren't a part of the team which is ridiculous.
cooldudebd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:20 PM #28
ByteButton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldudebd007 View Post
I agree with the guy above. If you want to ball with some good guys go to CFP. If you're trying to budget ball go to west coast paintball. Providence is okay. It gets hot in there sometimes. Wicked sports is the best pro shop around the Tampa bay area. Gator is fun for woods but you can't play on the speedball if you aren't a part of the team which is ridiculous.
My First post! West Coast was my first PB games ever. Brought my son and we both got hooked. My son wants to start getting into speedball and now my brother in law is coming and hooked too.

We decided to go up to CFP to watch everyone getting ready for Chicago Open (Yes we were the 3 odd people watching everyone play) so my son could see whats in store for him in the future. Also to make sure he is serious, before I start dropping the big bucks on gear.

West Coast is full of GREAT people and and very nice field. The staff are beyond helpful and games are always good. The price is nice also.

Had a great talk with the guy at the counter in CFP, trying to understand and break into this whole thing seems like a long road. My son is 11 so we have plenty of time.

If you move to this area hope to see ya at West Coast! BTW, if you do move here, stay in Sarasota/Lakewood. Bradenton wouldn't be what you were looking for.
ByteButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:36 PM #29
RazerKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeham View Post
Living in the Clearwater/Dunedin area here, I love it, but I'm also a family man. I wouldn't move to Tampa city area due to disparity in cost of living, but there are some decent areas in the immediate downtown and southern downtown region.

CFP is *the* field, but, I've always had a ****ty time walking on. Find a team that practices at Orbital, West Coast, Kohns, or possibly Hi-Tech and see if you like playing with them, then ask to tag along to CFP with their squad to make sure you can get quality games in.

I recommend the Orbital field since I've seen groups upwards of 100 people there pretty consistently, Orbital Chaos is a D7 team that plays there sometimes and they were extremely friendly, imo.

Orlando and Miami also have some nice fields in the area if you're okay to drive. Wicked Sports is probably the best pro shop in the whole of Tampa/Sarasota.
Just to clarify something lol, Orbital Chaos is a D4 team. I know this because my friend is on that team and I used to play for them.
RazerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups