Stick with 68
Coz350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2011, 11:42 AM #23
kwoodpaintballer87

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamomark View Post
maybe overseas, i hear its bigger anywhere else. People always say its harder to get .50 cal is harder to get but the are ill informed. call up GI, Kingman, and eve Nelson makes .50 cal

Field owners just dont want to promote it because all their rental crap is .68 cal and hey they have that already. Now if Tippmann and Kingman decided to only make mass .50 cal rental packages then field owners, I am for sure, would change their opinions for .50 cal and they would promote it like is was the cure for cancer.

good luck convincing any field owner to replace their entire fleet of rentals for 50 cal, and then trying to get them to stock not only different qualities of paint as some do, but also in two different sizes, thats a nightmare to try and figure out how much of everything to get.

GUN SALE
kwoodpaintballer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:10 PM #24
PillowFlame

Quote:
omg i still dont understand all the .50 cal hate.
it proves that in masses people are so stupid. traditional players are so accustom to .68 that they cant see that its not the end of paintball if people use .50

omg i cant get a luxe to shoot .50 so .50 must suck oh no. eat my *** people! no one is forcing you to buy or even shoot .50 cal. I bet if DLX made a luxe if .50 cal you would jump on it but noooo. its not agg to carry around 2 pods and a loader of paintballs for the day. nooo you want 12 pods every dam game and a $1500 gun thats make god dam espresso that validates to the world that you yourself know all about paintball.

once again eat my ***, you simple minded idiots.
when did paintball become so much bs fad image crap pop culture-isms and not about having fun?

dam that was a harsh rant, lol got my blood pressure up a lil to high there
just showing love for .50 cal
Bro chill. .50 cal seems like a waste of time. You said it yourself: Less range, less accuracy, smaller splat. If the sport is going to have a change of ammunition, it needs to be to a technologically more advanced paintball, IE: First Strike rounds. That round also needs to cost the same, or cheaper, and needs to work with existing guns with some inexpensive mods, IE: logistics. If those three factors aren't in place, it's a massive waste of time, money, and effort on everyone's part. Also, .50 cal guns are not nearly as developed.

You are like the people calling for the government to mandate everyone use smart cars, damn the consequences, and there isn't even any sort of advantage you could press like with smart cars.

If you want to start using a smaller round, though, .43 not .50. .43=RAP4 mil-sim guns with shell ejection and ****. .50=****ty looking spiders. And no, I don't hose .68 down range, no I don't care about Luxe or DM12, and ye I usually get in close before I shoot because paintballs are hella inaccurate. Making them any more so would mean getting right up in the other persons face just to hit them.
PillowFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:41 PM #25
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

has been a member for 10 years
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 is a top reviewer
like it's been said many times before, there's no need to hate on anyone,
and even less because of the kind of paintball they decide to play or not

from my perspective all the hate comes from the mismanaged/misdirected
marketing that was in place for the launch of this whole .50 cal situation.

had it been marketed as an inexpensive alternative, a beginners starter
calliber, or maybe something for girls and children, it would've been way
more accepeted for what it is. being promoted as more accurate and with
better range than .68, when the laws of physics clearly contradict it, not
very bright on their part and enough to infuriate forever a very significant
number of players that will refuse to even try it, like myself for example.

Miami Devious sponsored by: VALKEN, VIRTUE, RUTHLESS PB
Luigi Speed 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:42 PM #26
keeperdude
Ramblin' Wreck

keeperdude is an NCPA player
^^exactly this. I'm perfectly willing to buy more expensive paint if that paint works better. Kinda like buying Redemption as opposed to blue streak. .68 performs significantly better than .50; that is straight physics and can't be argued with. So, to market this stuff to serious paintballers is not smart.

I could definitely see a good market for it with casual players though. It's cheaper and you can carry more. That is definitely a benefit and I would be perfectly fine with it finding a place in that market.

But then you have a bunch of ***-hats like Dynamomark earlier in this thread who...well...just read for yourself.

If .50 wants to succeed it very seriously needs to start getting into the rec-ball/casual scene. And it could be very beneficial to alot of people. But for players who are willing to throw down the money for performance, .50 will never be a viable option for them.

Playing out of:
Nitro Paintball
keeperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:50 PM #27
vijil

Quote:
all the hate comes from the mismanaged/misdirected
marketing that was in place for the launch of this whole .50 cal situation.
That basically sums everything up. There's nothing wrong with .50, it's just how they were pushing it as the next big thing and the replacement for .68 . Douchebag move on their part.

That said, I tend to think Hydrotec is a better idea than .50 - it doesn't require new markers or gear while still fixing a bunch of inherent problems with paintballs like shelf life, staining, and storage conditions. In theory it can be cheaper too, but if people are having more fun at the field because they're using rounder paint with less chops, their clothes stain less, and the field is able to provide a better experience due to a higher margin on the paint, then they'll be just as much more likely to come back as they would be if the paint itself was cheaper.

Hydrotec is also a bit lighter so hurts less too for the newbies. They'll have a heavier tournament grade paint of course but the rec stuff will be just about as pain-free as .50
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:18 PM #28
dynamomark
BallzOut Paintball

dynamomark owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
dynamomark supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperdude View Post
^^exactly this. I'm perfectly willing to buy more expensive paint if that paint works better. Kinda like buying Redemption as opposed to blue streak. .68 performs significantly better than .50; that is straight physics and can't be argued with. So, to market this stuff to serious paintballers is not smart.

I could definitely see a good market for it with casual players though. It's cheaper and you can carry more. That is definitely a benefit and I would be perfectly fine with it finding a place in that market.

But then you have a bunch of ***-hats like Dynamomark earlier in this thread who...well...just read for yourself.

If .50 wants to succeed it very seriously needs to start getting into the rec-ball/casual scene. And it could be very beneficial to alot of people. But for players who are willing to throw down the money for performance, .50 will never be a viable option for them.
yes .68 cal will have a better flight path then .50 cal
so lets stop using .68 cal too because 1 inch paintballs would just fly better...its just physics. when picking any particular caliber there is going to be tradeoffs for trajectory, air consumption, and paint volume. I dont see how .50 cal is as bad as people make it out to be, some of which haven't even used it in a game. I dont think .50 cal will (or should) become the dominant caliber used for competitive paintball play but i do think I could be a great alternative to .68 can which is the current standard.

you yourself said "it could be very beneficial to alot of people"
of course it could beneficial but we should agree on that it really depends on the type of play its being used for. i could see use for .50 cal mainly for beginner to intermediate. in advance and tournament play I would still want to increase the chance of hitting/marking a player at any range and have that hit clearly seen/felt so .68 would still be my choices for such play.

i dont want to force .50 cal upon anyone but I would like to present it as an option to players.

][nvert Mini / Infinity Legend / ICD B2K4 w/ pds / Tippmann A5 / 2011 Mokal Aura / Spyder Advancer / GI Micro50 / Spyder Imagine / WGP Outkast Pump / WGP Prostock / DP E1 / Azodin Kaos
dynamomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:43 PM #29
vijil

Dynamo, you just agreed with him on pretty much every point.

Why are you guys arguing again?
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:18 PM #30
dynamomark
BallzOut Paintball

dynamomark owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
dynamomark supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
Dynamo, you just agreed with him on pretty much every point.

Why are you guys arguing again?
im not arguing with him...even though he call me an ***-hat
I guess he and i see both sides of the debate.

][nvert Mini / Infinity Legend / ICD B2K4 w/ pds / Tippmann A5 / 2011 Mokal Aura / Spyder Advancer / GI Micro50 / Spyder Imagine / WGP Outkast Pump / WGP Prostock / DP E1 / Azodin Kaos
dynamomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:50 PM #31
keeperdude
Ramblin' Wreck

keeperdude is an NCPA player
agreed. We aren't arguing and we both seem to have reached the same conclusion. I wasn't calling him an ***-hat because he likes .50 cal. I called him an ***-hat because of his manner in this post. I don't care if someone is completely agreeing with me, if they act like that...then

Quote:
it proves that in masses people are so stupid. traditional players are so accustom to .68 that they cant see that its not the end of paintball if people use .50

omg i cant get a luxe to shoot .50 so .50 must suck oh no. eat my *** people! no one is forcing you to buy or even shoot .50 cal. I bet if DLX made a luxe if .50 cal you would jump on it but noooo. its not agg to carry around 2 pods and a loader of paintballs for the day. nooo you want 12 pods every dam game and a $1500 gun thats make god dam espresso that validates to the world that you yourself know all about paintball.

when did paintball become so much bs fad image crap pop culture-isms and not about having fun?

Playing out of:
Nitro Paintball
keeperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:59 AM #32
RealDarkTemplar
Don't. Just don't.

I am new here so don't go jumping all over me guys.
flyrkid - do you run a field? Have you got Spyder Opus available for rent? I want to start a field and I am, serioulsly, considering these 50 cal. markers for the kids and new players.
RealDarkTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:40 AM #33
WP2015
ACL tears are no bueno

WP2015 plays in the PSP
WP2015 is playing at Living Legends VIII
WP2015 is an NCPA player
WP2015 supports Pev's Paintball
WP2015 is Legendary
WP2015 supports Empire
WP2015 is All In
Ask just about anyone on here how well new rentals do at their local field. Now you want to make them shoot less accurately, force them to get closer to the other team, and then get wrecked by guys with 68s. Not to mention forcing them to buy a whole new set of 68 gear if they want to get into the game.
Bring me ETACS or Skull Eflexes - PM Me
WP2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:51 AM #34
Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDarkTemplar View Post
I am new here so don't go jumping all over me guys.
flyrkid - do you run a field? Have you got Spyder Opus available for rent? I want to start a field and I am, serioulsly, considering these 50 cal. markers for the kids and new players.
I would ask this question in the field owner's section. You will most likely get more responses from field owners.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:09 PM #35
D. Feyd
Sharks have Feyd week.

Quote:

People at first repping .50 tried to come off that it was the end of .68! And misrepresented it performance wise. Then they got some forum people that had some cred to lie about it. So some hard core .68 players pushed back. I'm paraphrasing of course but in the end when the truth came out and it was found to be mostly the last gasp of SP and the back lash really got going. So hating .50 is wrong to say. They realeased it as the second coming and threatening to make all our guns obsolete. That is where the hate is coming from. I think Mike from tech PB took a credibilty hit from this fiasco. This is a fringe hobby and to tell people what to shoot rather than asking them will always be challenged. I think Carter really put the nails in the coffin though. He was honest and didn't slam it but told the truth. But man, at the end of the day shoot what you want. I will to! I just love Marb's! Feyd......................

Last edited by D. Feyd : 01-25-2012 at 05:12 PM.
D. Feyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:41 PM #36
BigDreamer

BigDreamer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BigDreamer owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
BigDreamer posts videos on PbNation
BigDreamer supports Pev's Paintball
BigDreamer is attending Decay of Nations VI
well i would say that .50cal like you said makes you move up more is good for practice but when it comes to tournaments i would like to stay .68