Community Focus

Old 04-01-2010, 04:19 PM #1
akfo7

akfo7 plays in the PSP
akfo7 plays in the MiLP
akfo7 plays in the APPA D4 division
akfo7 supports DLX Technology
Universal bunker names and positions

I know each team uses basic positions to be called back left, home, back right or a,b,c. D1 for doritos and such s1s2etc for snake. Ive been looking for a universal concept that most divisional teams and upper ranked teams use. I hear "chicago" and "apple" a lot. Is "god" the snake entrance or control bunker or just what the team chooses. Ive been playing paintball for a while and understand fundamentals, Im just interested in a universal style format someone may be able to throw out there. Its easy to get lost with 20,30, 40 yard line calls in game scenario. So im up for ideas holla. Mostly interested in D2 advice and up.
akfo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2010, 04:25 PM #2
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

has been a member for 10 years
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
I'm not D2 but I can answer you... past the basic ones you mentioned and the X / A in the middle of the field, you've covered all the major ones. The rest really do change team by team or region by region. 'God' is usually referring to the bunker that the team thinks is the key bunker to control on a field. That changes layout to layout... and again team to team.
Darthdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:37 PM #3
contract*killa
MASS Media

contract*killa posts videos on PbNation
on the right side of the first layout you will see bunker names, then compare them to the second view of the layout and you will get a rough idea. it also depends on the format you play.
sometimes people call back center the control center, and the tall temples gods.

not d2 or above
contract*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:35 PM #4
bingblackout3

ive played d2 in psp and nppl played in the cxbl and the axbl and ive heard aot of codes for bunkers. you hear alot of gods apple tequilla things like that because they are very easy to hear not alot of things sound like them and that makes for easier calls
hope that helps
if you want pm me and iwill give you a few ideas that i have found to be effective
bingblackout3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:36 AM #5
akfo7

akfo7 plays in the PSP
akfo7 plays in the MiLP
akfo7 plays in the APPA D4 division
akfo7 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingblackout3 View Post
ive played d2 in psp and nppl played in the cxbl and the axbl and ive heard aot of codes for bunkers. you hear alot of gods apple tequilla things like that because they are very easy to hear not alot of things sound like them and that makes for easier calls
hope that helps
if you want pm me and iwill give you a few ideas that i have found to be effective
makes sence, words like apple and tequilla stick out. pm sent. Thanks to everyone else. Im open to any other codes people use generally these seem to work better for players listening to a coach. Bea Youngs is a killer coach and she's hawt.
akfo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:58 AM #6
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Different teams use the same words for different bunkers, the key being that none really rhyme, or are distinct. some divisional teams don't get that. "B" sounds like "D".
Using that layout, some teams may call the snake side can "GOD" and others "control center" or "Talladega".
So there really isn't a universal system. But there are common ones, and many players on a field start to conform to a system once they're around a layout long enough.

Knowing the NATO alphabet helps. say "Dorito" not "D". I prefer to avoid using low numbers outside of kills and losses. If you use a system that's logical, its really not that hard to remember. Two good days on a layout and you'll know the bunkers.
<was D2 until the new system was put into place, back to D3 now.
TherealInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:58 PM #7
iiEpiC_FaiL
I'm NOT Ben Stubbs

iiEpiC_FaiL owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
iiEpiC_FaiL supports Team VICIOUS
iiEpiC_FaiL is for the Gunfight
We mainly used letters... a b c d e f g.. so on and so forth...

its alot to learn but hard for the other teams scouting to pick up on.

"god" is more of a important bunker code..

certian sections needing cover..or locking down have different names..

should break down the field into 3 sections..

Alpha, Bravo, Charlie...

or other names...

Foxtrot, Ghetto, Zeus, Hades....ect.

Its all what you as a team agree on, and lean fast...no point in making your players have to know your mother madien name just to know what your talking about.

Short, Simple, Effective...thats what your call outs should be.
iiEpiC_FaiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:29 PM #8
C2-Paintball
#05 Calgary Crusaders

C2-Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
C2-Paintball supports Team VICIOUS
C2-Paintball supports Team VICIOUS
C2-Paintball posts videos on PbNation
My team usually uses 10 20 and 30 for the back 3 bunkers, 20 being the home bunker. We use God for the center bunker, So the giant X,U, Race2, spike whatever we call god. then for dorito side d1 d2 d3 ect.. then snake again Snake 1 or S1, snake 2 or S2.. Then we also use Chicago, And for bunkers in the center besides god we just scream 50 dorito or 50 can.
**PbRack**
Murdertron**
C2-Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote