Old 02-13-2005, 03:56 PM #22
Robot Mania FU

has been a member for 10 years
Robot Mania FU supports DLX Technology
Robot Mania FU supports Shocker RSX
Robot Mania FU supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally posted by Tesko
Smart Parts is able to make the ion so cheap because they don't mill any of the parts, they simply have plastic covering most of the gun, they don't anodize it either, they powder coat. This lowers the cost. I don't see how it will be better than some TES with eyes.
exactly
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2005, 03:58 PM #23
paintballer801

I am all for the Ion and not the Omen however many regulater test have said the detonator is the 2nd best reg
Old 02-13-2005, 03:59 PM #24
Osok
Blitz Semi

Osok supports Team VICIOUS
Osok plays in the APPA D5 division
Osok supports DLX Technology
omen+1.5 board+cam arms= 340 = good marker and it rips like no other with the new board

SC Village | Hollywood Sports | Paintball Gateway | Xternal | Almost Famous | GAT Products | Lapco
Old 02-13-2005, 04:02 PM #25
axmann
Not. Drunk. Enough.

ok i havn't shot an omen or an ION but come on, how is this mechanical cam junk better than break-beam eyes???????

University of Connecticut

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1403577
Old 02-13-2005, 04:04 PM #26
evil adrenaline

http://haveblue.org/dyno/5jun04dyno.jpg
Old 02-13-2005, 04:04 PM #27
Counterfeit_Syn5304
-1uP-

is playing at Living Legends XI
Counterfeit_Syn5304 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
hmm let see you just to shoot teh gun you will need to buy a bottomline which will cost money along with macroline or braided hose...that in cost raises the ION's price tag...then get a barrel as good as the stock omen's barrel and that will cost you more.....anyone who says they need to put a lot into the omen must be one cheap person because I pimped my omen out with pretty much all there is and with all the parts its like around 180...feedneck, board, arms, checkit uni, and barrel kit....The evil rail and on/off that comes with teh omen is very nice also....
Old 02-13-2005, 04:14 PM #28
MadRopes5

Quote:
Originally posted by evil adrenaline
http://haveblue.org/dyno/5jun04dyno.jpg
how the hell are we supposed to read that?
Old 02-13-2005, 04:17 PM #29
Robot Mania FU

Quote:
Originally posted by axmann
ok i havn't shot an omen or an ION but come on, how is this mechanical cam junk better than break-beam eyes???????
because that mechanical cam junk is sincronized (spelling) with the bolt, so it is IMPOSSIBLE to chop or double feed
Old 02-13-2005, 04:25 PM #30
Boadicea

Quote:
Smart Parts is able to make the ion so cheap because they don't mill any of the parts, they simply have plastic covering most of the gun, they don't anodize it either, they powder coat. This lowers the cost. I don't see how it will be better than some TES with eyes.
I have the Omen it is really fast and a very good marker. I also have a Dragun TES that is a total POS. I just tinker with it because I can't see God forgiving me if I sold it to someone.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:53 PM #31
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
Quote:
You still get what you pay for. The Ion may be a spool valve as the shocker is, but it's not designed pnumatically exaclty like the Shocker. They cut corners of course. The noid is a cheaper simpler one, and they up LP or some sort of macro line as a timmy does internally if you look at the manual. No one can say how the Ion is yet, we can only go by whats on the paper...but hey the Omen looks like it would be the gun that would PWN all on paper too, but does it? No. It is a bang for the buck but still alot of people seem to think the Money that yopu spend on a shocker or Viking is worth it.

Just as it will prolly be in the case with the Ion. YUu have to remember that SP does have a history with bad releases. A period of de-bugging will no dout happen and the Ion WILL be dissed, but once the bugs are worked out it will be a kick ars gun, just as the shocker was and is, ( however they could still debug some more on the shocker and make it more idiot proof).

Quote:
Originally posted by MadRopes5
how the hell are we supposed to read that?
Have blue Did this Test as a 3d party for AKA. The mystery Reg is the 2-liter. When AKA released their 2-liter and revieled that the mystery reg was the one that scored really high, they also labled all the other regsulators place wise. AKA them selves placed the Det as beatiung the Sidewinder on their advertisment ( though haveblue is the one that interpreted the scale, and I'm sure he knows how to read it)

But all the same, it came from a Un-biaded source...and in AKA's perspective it would have been better if the winder beat the Det....but it did not.

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:58 PM #32
pber27
CGC!!

I havent ever shot an ion, much less held one. but my friends omen has been nothing but problems for him. go with ION cheaper and better

It's cool man. I rip off little kids all the time."

Live: Kensmoe
Old 02-13-2005, 05:00 PM #33
PaintballerSteve

Could I run an Ion with a 48/3000 Pure Energy tank, and an Egg 2?
Old 02-13-2005, 05:06 PM #34
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by pber27
I havent ever shot an ion, much less held one. but my friends omen has been nothing but problems for him. go with ION cheaper and better
This is what I can't stand....I'm not saying the Omen is better. But how can you say the Ion IS better? How do you know it's not going to give you nothing but problems like your friends Omen gave him? YOU DON'T

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:16 PM #35
steveo1313

i love how whenever there is a vs. thread about an evil gun there whole forum comes over here.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:22 PM #36
beyondinsane101

Quote:
Originally posted by axmann
mech = junk? i dont know what your smokin but i want some first of cam arms dont have to be cleaned after every game so they work properly secondly instead of baseing when to fire the gun on an electric impluse its based on when the blot actually moves back there fore the cam arms are much more reliable but who knows why dont we leave the true competition when people actually have the ion
Old 02-13-2005, 05:23 PM #37
Krazi Kid

Omen is a good gun for its price. I have had mine for about 3 months and it has done nothing but shoot perfectly. With the new board and cam feed i'm getting it will shoot ropes.

ION = plastic (or whatever the body is)
Old 02-13-2005, 05:24 PM #38
Drox
Bang Bang

Drox is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Dude, Spyders are a good gun to start out with but obv. Ion will be better. Watch the video and decide for yourself. And omen is a pretty crappy gun unless you put a lot of cash into it.
WRONG the omen comes great stock .... evil detonator 2nd best reg .... very good stock barrel . . . 15 bps but the 05 omens are now 25 bps (lots faster than the omen and the cam feed arms make it LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to chop) it comes with an on/off and it can cycle very fast since its a blow back and the delrin bolt is stock it actually comes awesome stock so their isn't any reason to put many ups on it other than the usually barrel and drop forward . . . and it gets about 1800 shots from a 68/4500 while the ion might get 1000-1400 plus from wut you've said you havn't even shot an omen in your life
Quote:
lol so you havn't shot and ion and yet you say its better? plus your friend shouldn't have problems seeing how he can send it to evil with two day turn around on repairs (instead of your gun being gone for 3 weeks its only 2,3, or 4 days!)

Last edited by Drox : 02-13-2005 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:26 PM #39
Robot Mania FU

Quote:
Originally posted by pber27
mostly ALL of omens problems are user error and if anything is messed up evil will fix it with the amazing customer service they have

and i have a maxflo on my omen so i have dealt with both customer service and evil's is significantly better then smart parts
Old 02-13-2005, 05:27 PM #40
steveo1313

sweet who ****in cares about your damn omens. the ion came out like 3 days ago stfu.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:28 PM #41
Seek_and_Destroy
My Trial. Your Funeral

Seek_and_Destroy is a Supporting Member
Seek_and_Destroy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Seek_and_Destroy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Seek_and_Destroy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
isnt this a gun vs. gun thread, which = teh bad.....ion
2000 BMW 323Ci Sport
Old 02-13-2005, 05:30 PM #42
trillion411
It could happen :)