Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-30-2014, 12:54 PM #43
evil d

i saw some ref bias stuff too on the D4 fields. some of these teams play nationally and you cant tell me the refs dont know them. IE: right before the match 5 refs are hanging around the start box yucking it up with one team then makes a questionable call of overshooting during said match. hmm.
evil d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2014, 10:40 PM #44
simple_condolences

simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D5 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil d View Post
i saw some ref bias stuff too on the D4 fields. some of these teams play nationally and you cant tell me the refs dont know them. IE: right before the match 5 refs are hanging around the start box yucking it up with one team then makes a questionable call of overshooting during said match. hmm.
Note that we are on the field all day (roughly 10-12 hours on average) and don't get much time to socialize. Joking with the teams is partially how we stay sane. Were also generally pretty friendly people and don't typically meet many people we don't already know, figuratively speaking. While it may look like we know a team well, there is a pretty good chance that we just struck up a conversation at random, especially since only (that I can think of) two of the teams at this event compete nationally. (Prime and Absolute Chaos.. Perhaps PC Katana as well?)
simple_condolences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:04 PM #45
p.lovell
Historically Slow

p.lovell plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
p.lovell plays in the MiLP
p.lovell supports Team VICIOUS
p.lovell is an NCPA player
p.lovell is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple_condolences View Post
Note that we are on the field all day (roughly 10-12 hours on average) and don't get much time to socialize. Joking with the teams is partially how we stay sane. Were also generally pretty friendly people and don't typically meet many people we don't already know, figuratively speaking. While it may look like we know a team well, there is a pretty good chance that we just struck up a conversation at random, especially since only (that I can think of) two of the teams at this event compete nationally. (Prime and Absolute Chaos.. Perhaps PC Katana as well?)
This is really how it is at all events, too. It's not hard to strike up conversations with refs and usually they're friendly between points. I always do my best to treat the refs well and talk to them when given opportunities, even though usually I wouldn't even recognize them off the field. Also, yes, usually the katana team competes nationally, but the d3 team we had in there was more of a jumble of national/regional players.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:56 PM #46
godfather2
field owner

has been a member for 10 years
godfather2 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
godfather2 supports DLX Technology
godfather2 supports Shocker RSX
godfather2 supports Ninja Paintball
Thumbs up

I would like to take a moment to Thank Will Lumpkin and his staff, the refs, the entire Prime/Mcgowan family, and the sponsors who made this MILP event such a hit....there are no losers at a great event...all the teams played standup paintball and no one can ask for more than that...the heat was hard on us all but many of you dug down deep and fought through it...for those that made the podiums my sincerest congrats...for those that did not we live on another day to tighten up and fight on...hoping the few that were injured or who suffered heat stroke have made a full recovery and we will see you in Sept....for now I suggest you all take a short break and in the next couple of weeks get back on the grind....
Attached Images
File Type: png np-logo2.png (94.6 KB, 2 views)
godfather2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:44 PM #47
TatorTech

TatorTech plays in the PSP
TatorTech plays in the MiLP
TatorTech supports Pev's Paintball
TatorTech plays in the APPA D4 division
On behalf of the Midwest Bandits we were very pleased with the everything.

GOOD: The fields were amazing and couldn't ask for better grass!
Sportsmanship was great and so was the competition!
Staff was helpful and nice
Reffing wasn't that bad (did have some issues though)
Very Clean and well maintained property
Paint Shot Awesome

BAD: The reffing was a bit off, not consistent and didn't know all the rules!
Games did get a little behind but that's expected

Overall 8.5 out of 10

Last edited by TatorTech : 07-31-2014 at 10:23 PM.
TatorTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:10 PM #48
Tugfisher76

Tugfisher76 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Tugfisher76 plays in the APPA D4 division
Tugfisher76 supports Ninja Paintball
Will puts on a great series there was a lot of confusion on this event and it seem likes with the revolving door of refs they need to have a better ref meeting and explain the modified race to that is being ran in the MILP
Old 08-02-2014, 11:33 PM #49
simple_condolences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugfisher76 View Post
Will puts on a great series there was a lot of confusion on this event and it seem likes with the revolving door of refs they need to have a better ref meeting and explain the modified race to that is being ran in the MILP
The only real difference is that I noticed in the format between PSP and MiLP are that the race to 2 games are run as an x ball style match instead of a five man style series. That waa an issue early in the day but we quickly adjusted and had no other problems considering we finished an hour or so early sunday. Otherwise, our formats were identical to what we see at PSP.

Any specifics you can name so we know where the issues were and can resolve them next time?
Old 08-03-2014, 07:26 AM #50
ka-titties

Refs Are People?!?!?! I Thought They Were Robots...
Old 08-03-2014, 09:03 AM #51
wisk
$$ G R E E D $$

wisk donated to help Peyton Trent
wisk supports Team VICIOUS
wisk supports Bob Gurnsey
wisk supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple_condolences View Post
The only real difference is that I noticed in the format between PSP and MiLP are that the race to 2 games are run as an x ball style match instead of a five man style series. That waa an issue early in the day but we quickly adjusted and had no other problems considering we finished an hour or so early sunday. Otherwise, our formats were identical to what we see at PSP.

Any specifics you can name so we know where the issues were and can resolve them next time?
I do believe since the start of the MiLP they have always ran Raceto2 games as matches.
wisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:12 AM #52
simple_condolences

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisk View Post
I do believe since the start of the MiLP they have alwas ran Raceto2 games as matches.
Im not disagreeing. I am saying that most of the judges that were at the last tournament were PSP judges. It was most of our first time doing an MiLP event. That is where the differences in format come in.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:02 PM #53
joker12187

joker12187 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
joker12187 plays in the MiLP
joker12187 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisk View Post
I do believe since the start of the MiLP they have always ran Raceto2 games as matches.
in D5:
2012 it was Raceto style matches
The first event of the 2013 season, they tried the 5 man style matches, but noone liked that, so they switched back to the Raceto style matches, been that way ever since
R.I.P. SPC John Rodriguez - Operation Spartan Shield - 20170112
Memento Mori
joker12187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:04 PM #54
Levilax38

plays in the NXL
Levilax38 plays in the MiLP
Levilax38 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxe4life View Post
Good event though we had some questionable calls. Our player called for paint check (note he didn't shoot at all), turns out the ref gave him a penalty. This makes me question... Why get a paint check at all?

Field 3
I was not a ref on that field but in the PSP Rule book "6.8.8. A player who asks a teammate or referee to verify a hit that the player could have verified
unassisted will be assessed a minor penalty. [77]"
Levilax38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:30 AM #55
simple_condolences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levilax38 View Post
I was not a ref on that field but in the PSP Rule book "6.8.8. A player who asks a teammate or referee to verify a hit that the player could have verified
unassisted will be assessed a minor penalty. [77]"
I'm thinking this was me. Player was shot on the top of his right thigh (inside leg, so I could clearly see the hit.)

The player looked straight at it, then looked straight at me and called me in to check him. He knew he was hit and was hoping either I (somehow) didn't see the hit or I would think it was rub/off the ground.

Could be mistaken and this may be a different situation though.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:18 AM #56
coyote5987

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil d View Post
The head refs were all PSP HEAD refs. None of these guys are EVER going to give a team they know any type of advantage. This is what they do AND have been doing for years.

Also, while Milps race to 2 may have been same for years this event was the first event to have PSP head refs, they are use to the PSP race to 2 style.

I guarantee you that NO OTHER regional event is putting the type of qualified refs that were at this MILP event.
coyote5987 is offline   Reply With Quote