Old 05-23-2009, 06:02 PM #1
Ionic Moron
Al Gore Raped My Igloo

has been a member for 10 years
Ionic Moron helped look for balloons
Ionic Moron owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ionic Moron supports Team VICIOUS
Nutritious Vegitarian Diet

Okay...well I'm going to try this save the whales bull**** over the summer (Even though I could care less about the whales or any other animal consumed by humans) and remove all meat from my diet. Eating salads, eggs and cheese (for protein) for meals until about september, or if I get into it maybe longer. But I also want to reduce my sugar intake per day to about 40 grams instead of the average 250 grams most north americans consume each day.

However, according to the Dr Phil episode my mom was watching yesterday, a glass of orange juice alone contains 40 grams..so I can only assume a fruit cup with pineapple, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, and banana's would take me over my limit. So I'm not sure what to eat for breakfast and drink. I dont really want to be stuck on water for 2 months, I suppose I could drink white milk too but I don't really have time every morning to make eggs for breakfast. Anyone have some suggestions?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2009, 07:37 PM #2
bluestreak08
I Lied. It's Drum & Bass

if all you drink is water youll get used to it its all i drink. also i think tofu is a decent source of protein. also sugar isnt necessarily bad. if you eat an orange theres going to be sugar in it but that doesnt mean you shouldnt eat fruit.

if you dont mind my asking why no meat?

Somethings tearing me down
And down
Cant help but feel its coming from you

The Sonic Recreation Of The End Of The World
Old 05-23-2009, 08:18 PM #3
Ionic Moron
Al Gore Raped My Igloo

Because all it really offers in large amounts is protein, and it can be found in other sources minus the fatty tissue. With veggies you just get the strait nutrition, no BS extra's.

And no, I don't believe the PETA ad that says "meat makes you fat" but cutting it definitely helps you loose it.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:32 PM #4
bluestreak08
I Lied. It's Drum & Bass

yeah... you still do need to eat fat tho your supposed to consume like what is it 65g/day for a 2000 calorie diet

Somethings tearing me down
And down
Cant help but feel its coming from you

The Sonic Recreation Of The End Of The World
Old 05-23-2009, 08:49 PM #5
Ionic Moron
Al Gore Raped My Igloo

Milk.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:12 AM #6
fatalblow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionic Moron View Post
Milk.
That'd be about 8 glasses, plus the large amount of sugar it contains.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:35 AM #7
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Could I just ask your exact reason for doing this? Not eating meat removes a lot of nutrients from your diet. Not to mention the foods you'll likely replace it with will make you gain weight, because I guarantee you you'll get sick and tired of 'healthy' vegetarian meals quickly.

I just hope you're not doing it to lose weight. Back when I was a fatty, I tried this same thing and failed miserably. Then I got my diet on (consisting largely of meats), started exercising, and lost all my weight. Eat lots of white meat like chicken and turkey (get them in the freezer bags) and lean red meat (92-95% lean), and your diet will be much more suited to losing weight.

If weight loss is your main goal, take this to the fitness section...I've been around there and although most guys are *******s, they do know what they're talking about and will give you a nutritious diet to lose weight.

Calorie in vs. calorie out, remember.

Also, the above user is right. Milk will give you all sort of simple carbs that will make it harder to lose weight. At least in large portions...I have nothing against milk.

Also, you need to distinguish sugars. Fruit is fine, it has natural sugars...just limit it to a few fruits a day. You want to avoid processed sugars, like the ones in candy. You seem to be trying to take in low carbs and low fat...don't be trying to just get your energy from protein.

Low fat diets are bull****, also. Just to throw that out there. Cutting carbs would do you a lot better. The whole idea of 'fat makes you fat' is ignorant. I'm coming off of a 2-month cutting cycle on a Ketogenic diet, which is a diet of only fat (roughly 160 grams a day) and protein (roughly 180 grams a day). Basically no carbs (under 30g daily which, as you said, means no fruit). I didn't have much weight to lose, but I was running it to lower bf% coupled with the weight training I've been doing for a little over a year, and it worked phenomenally.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for