Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-08-2013, 11:57 PM #652
quakcer

http://www.examiner.com/article/pote...n-control-laws

Wait a minute, what happened to all those honest liberals telling us they weren't going to take our guns?
quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2013, 12:18 AM #653
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakcer View Post
http://www.examiner.com/article/pote...n-control-laws

Wait a minute, what happened to all those honest liberals telling us they weren't going to take our guns?
Too bad you conservatives are too weak to stop us!
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:27 AM #654
quakcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
Too bad you conservatives are too weak to stop us!
We're the ones with the guns so think again
Old 02-09-2013, 10:49 AM #655
Umami
Hitmanimal

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I struggled at first with whether or not he was calling Seahawks post hateful. But I could not find a single reference to anything else which could be identified as hateful let alone relevantly hypocritical.
At the very least Seahawk forgot to include the numerous instances of conservatives using guns irresponsibly while championing the "responsible gun owner".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk6060 View Post
You may be surprised by the idea, but I couldn't agree with you more. I just wanted to turn an argument around and see what kind of response it would elicit. It's usually the right that takes all the heat in the mainstream media for being hateful, racist, bigoted, and violent. I remember after Lochner shot Gabbard, the media went after Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, and others for their "hate-speech," prompting calls from the left to tone down the rhetoric and get back to civility. The press didn't really bother with the facts and looked at every possible angle to pin it on the Tea Party. Never mind that Lochner's true politics remained vague. The George Zimmerman/Treyvon Martin case is another classic example of leftist ideologues rushing to judgment, always on the lookout for a racist white villain that they can offer up to the mob.
The left is as capable of authoritarianism as the right, there is no doubt. The only disagreement is over which topics its okay to be an authoritarian.

Quote:
Yes, I took a shot at the left for their double-standards and their suppression of stories that don't quite fit their neat ideological view of the world. Note that one has to dig pretty deep to find the stories of Corkins and Thandiwe. If a Tea Party member perpetrated any of these acts the MSM would be all over it and it would be an international sensation for the next several weeks. There would be calls to control right-wing hate speech and lamentations that conservative media outlets are out of control. By contrast, if a committed leftist perpetrates a hateful, racist, and violent act it ends up on page nine of the Topeka Gazette or is otherwise buried as a "random act" of violence.

As you say, every group has some bad apples, but I wonder if you’ll wax so philosophically the next time there is an act of violence by someone on right against someone on the left? I know the media won’t.
Stop playing the role of the innocent, oppressed, butthurt conservative. It doesn't suit you. One of the largest media conglomerates in the world is extremely conservative, pretending they're not a part of the "main stream media" (they coined the term, if you recall) is ****ing stupid. I have to look just as hard to find anecdotal evidence of people irresponsibly using guns while championing gun rights because they're only covered locally. Anecdote just doesn't often make it to the national stage. It doesn't mean the media is out to get you.

Last edited by Umami : 02-09-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: an, not a
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:02 PM #656
Iamamartianchurch

Calling anything American, especially the media, fascist is insulting to fascists.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:27 PM #657
Umami
Hitmanimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Calling anything American, especially the media, fascist is insulting to fascists.
Fine, authoritarian policy. I'll go back and fix it.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:40 PM #658
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

Quote:
We're the ones with the guns so think again
Not for long, you won't be. Obama's next move will be to give all of your guns away to liberals, namely progressives. Then we will see just how weak and pathetic you right wingers really are. You will bow to us.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:10 PM #659
quakcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
Not for long, you won't be. Obama's next move will be to give all of your guns away to liberals, namely progressives. Then we will see just how weak and pathetic you right wingers really are. You will bow to us.
And how is he going to do that? Is he going to come door to door to collect all the guns? He'd better be wearing multiple layers of bullet proof vests if that's his plan.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:44 PM #660
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Fine, authoritarian policy. I'll go back and fix it.
That's probably also very insensitive towards authoritarians. At any rate I'm being facetious.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:38 PM #661
Seahawk6060

Quote:
The left is as capable of authoritarianism as the right, there is no doubt. The only disagreement is over which topics its okay to be an authoritarian.
So, in your mind there is justification for authoritarianism, it's just a matter of form? Do you really feel that beholden to big brother? If I was inclined to be a dictator and had the means to do so, I'd want all my citizens to have your beliefs. I'd feel great comfort knowing that folks like you support my authoritarian edicts, even with the understanding that it would be for only certain "topics." Without knowing it, you've provided justification for your own enslavement. Once you grant me the right to hold a gun to your head for certain "topics," there's nothing to stop me from holding the gun to your head for other things. Your showing some naiveté.

Quote:
Stop playing the role of the innocent, oppressed, butthurt conservative. It doesn't suit you...I have to look just as hard to find anecdotal evidence of people irresponsibly using guns while championing gun rights because they're only covered locally. Anecdote just doesn't often make it to the national stage. It doesn't mean the media is out to get you.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Is it that black on white violence or gay on Christian violence is merely a local anecdotal story and doesn't deserve national, let alone, international attention? While, assumed white on black violence (i.e. Zimmerman) somehow deserves the immediate media spotlight, because of some unidentified (not to speak of) reason?

Presumably you wouldn't have an issue with someone from the left pointing out hypocrisy on the right, but if someone like me points to hypocrisy on the left, it means I'm "butt hurt." It all seems to be so disingenuous. We hear the constant prattle about how the rich need to pay more and lamentations that there's too much greed, yet you yourself are all too eager to mention that you'll be earning six figures after you graduate. Wouldn't your conscience serve you better by taking a $50,000 a year job and volunteering half your time at your favorite charity? After all, as someone with such a keen sense of responsibility for your fellow human beings, it seems a tad greedy to take a six figure salary when there are so many people in need and hurting. Maybe you feel that your responsibility is just to say you care, while its people that make >$250,000 that must bankroll your dreams of equality and social justice. Al Gore, the left-wing environmental hero sells his cable station to oil producing Qatar, making for himself a cool $100 million. It's so easy for the progressive left to mollify their conscience and convictions when the price is right. In a left-wing relativistic world, it is possible to support gun control, then go out and murder innocents, just as it is possible to preach to people about paying their fair share, while not paying yours.

BTW, if you ever have the occasion to point to right-wing hypocrisy, I won’t look at you as being “butt hurt.” I consider it part of the political debate.
Seahawk6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:38 PM #662
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

Quote:
And how is he going to do that? Is he going to come door to door to collect all the guns? He'd better be wearing multiple layers of bullet proof vests if that's his plan.
Drones, *****. He aint even knocking!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:51 PM #663
quakcer

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...tory?track=rss

And libtards think only these people should be allowed to carry guns. You're more likely to be killed by one of these idiots than by dorner. Especially if you drive a truck.

Last edited by quakcer : 02-09-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:32 AM #664
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
And the media and government remain the problem more than the guns do. Thankfully most Americans realize that and are highly skeptical of any attempt by the left to take guns in most states not named New York, Hawaii or California. Would not be surprised of any attempts to confiscate in the near future. All three states are more concerned with control, than the Constitution.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:19 AM #665
Umami
Hitmanimal

Quote:
So, in your mind there is justification for authoritarianism, it's just a matter of form?
Yes, and you do too. Even if you might not know it.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:35 AM #666
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...tory?track=rss

And libtards think only these people should be allowed to carry guns. You're more likely to be killed by one of these idiots than by dorner. Especially if you drive a truck
LAPD is single handedly proving Dorner correct about their incompetence. Right now, the safest people in L.A. are big black guys.

Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit
slateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:16 AM #667
Umami
Hitmanimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by slateman View Post
LAPD is single handedly proving Dorner correct about their incompetence.
It's really pathetic. Anyone see this?

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/feb...-boys-20130207
Old 02-10-2013, 11:45 AM #668
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

Quote:
It's really pathetic. Anyone see this?

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/feb...-boys-20130207
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:13 PM #669
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Jump out boys? grow the **** up.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:22 PM #670
Murph1329

this christopher dorner story is so rich in liberal hypocrisy

I bet deep down inside a majority of liberals love what he's doing.

Just incase anyone here hasn't read the whole thing in full here you go....

http://laist.com/2013/02/07/christop...esto_in_fu.php
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:24 PM #671
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
this christopher dorner story is so rich in liberal hypocrisy

I bet deep down inside a majority of liberals love what he's doing.

Just incase anyone here hasn't read the whole thing in full here you go....

http://laist.com/2013/02/07/christop...esto_in_fu.php
Liberal liberal liberal!!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:54 PM #672
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

I'm not a liberal and I can't bring myself to hate him.

>corrupt cops beat disabled civilians
>corrupt cops conspire to protect themselves and the LAPD and boot Dorner out
>Justice system did no good
>Dorner takes matters into his own hands
>LAPD freaks out that they're gonna be shown as corrupt and ends up nearly killing several people in public who were unrelated

One of the women in the mail truck is expected to be okay, whereas one of them is paralyzed. In the black truck, the white male was rammed off the road by police and fired at without warning.

Pretty obvious LAPD are just another gang trying to shut up a "rat". I'm not shedding a single tear about any of those pigs dying. They are a public menace. The justice system won't do **** to remove the corrupt from the LAPD so it's up to Dorner to kill them.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote