PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-04-2012, 09:58 PM #127
big_scott
Has a good personality.

big_scott is a founding member
big_scott supports DLX Technology
That's the consensus around here, I believe.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:18 PM #128
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I love the naval battles. Just wish the broadsides were available for separate sides of your boat

Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit
slateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:12 AM #129
Elitegunz

Elitegunz plays in the APPA beginner division
Elitegunz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Elitegunz has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Elitegunz has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
How many times better is ACIII than the other assassin creeds?
Elitegunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:50 AM #130
Ninja Mouse
SUCH. MANY. SO. WOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchuck234 View Post
And also:

Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
i don't mean to sound like a dick, but that ending ****ing sucked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
That's the consensus around here, I believe.
It is such an obvious cash grab.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:37 PM #131
bam wannabe
i actually hate Bam.

bam wannabe helped look for balloons
bam wannabe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ugh, so i'm only at the part just after the tea party. (work only allows me to play for maybe an hour a day)
but before that, when you recruit the guy with the butcher knife i was just messing around and seeing how many redcoats i could kill off with my tomahawk, well i died and when i synced back in i didn't have my tomahawk anymore. wtf? i've gone a few sequences without it coming back, and it's not attached to his side in any cut scenes. is there a way to get it back, or should i just try reloading back to a mission before that happened?

edit: quick google search said to go to the general store and reselect it. i believe i tried that and it wasn't even listed, and it's not under my weapons when i hit RB.

pbreview feedback
old pbnation feedback

XBL gamertag: lazy ninja PBN

Last edited by bam wannabe : 11-05-2012 at 08:39 PM.
bam wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:41 PM #132
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Try going to a general store and finding it in the Buy menu. Should say you own it. Select it there and hopefully it will give it back to you.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:21 PM #133
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
I'm not doing much of the main quest, because I love doing all the side stuff first. Seeing everyone hate the ending depresses me though . I too felt that it was rushed. Lots of bugs.
Pyrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:35 PM #134
General_MacArthur

General_MacArthur is playing at Living Legends V
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve06 View Post
So as a long time fan of this series, and someone who owns and has completed every game in the series, today I hit my breaking point.

This game is ****ing awesome, BUT IT IS SO OBVIOUSLY UNDERDEVELOPED AND CLEARLY SHOULD NOT HAVE COME OUT FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS.

Jesus christ. The stealthiness of past games is not there, guards who magically can see you with eyes in the back of their heads, guards who randomly spawn in front of you out of thin air, guards who can detect and shoot me even though I'm outside of the fort and am quietly walking around the corner of the building, the list ****ing goes on. Assassin contracts where the contract is glitched into a ****ing carriage and therefore can't be attacked. The joke of an economic system, which is retardedly complex for a game that is about killing people, yet skimps on any explanation of why the assassin contracts are being killed or why the mail is being delivered, other than saying "Thank you" or "Dead, collected xxx amount of dollars." Secondary mission objectives that don't show up on the map, even after the mission is initiated.

WHOSE ****ING IDEA WAS IT TO NOT HAVE VIEWPOINTS DISCOVER THE WHOLE MAP ANYMORE?! SERIOUSLY. WTF.

But then, the piece de resistance, god forbid your notoriety ever get to three, or else you are pretty much ****ed. I must have killed upwards of 75 guards in a span of 15 minutes, where they just kept ****ing spawning. Like whole battalions of 6 guys running over, over and over and over. And to top it off, blending in the crowd and hiding spots are so limited in this game, that when I did run like a mofo to hide, the second I popped out to tear some posters down, or bribe someone, the whole sequence re-initiated itself. I **** you not, tomorrow I will record this bull****.

This game is really an awesome game, the depth is unreal. It may be my blind fanboy appreciation of the game contributing to it, but if this were any other game, I'd have thrown it through a wall by now.
I am a die hard fan of the game. It's one of my top 5 of all time, but damn I would have waited an extra 6 months for a 100% product rather than an 85% product.

Also, my luck thus fur drinking and boating:

General_MacArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:40 PM #135
bam wannabe
i actually hate Bam.

the bugs are getting kind of annoying now.
got my tomahawk back, finished sequence 6, and now it just shows a vast ocean when i'm suppose to be playing. i see the mini-map in the bottom corner of the screen and watch the arrow move as i move, but all i see is an endless ocean.

guess i'll turn it off for the night and get back at it tomorrow.

pbreview feedback
old pbnation feedback

Old 11-05-2012, 09:42 PM #136
General_MacArthur

General_MacArthur is playing at Living Legends V
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The naval battles are mad fun and challenging.

Like others said, a next gen release for assassins creed would be amazing. Where would y'all like to see the series take off next? The west in the 1800s-1900's?
Or see ubi-soft take it to a Splinter Cell type direction with more modern day type weapons/story line?
General_MacArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:42 PM #137
big_scott
Has a good personality.

19th century american west is too flat and sparse to make for a good AC, I think. Since this is the last in the Desmond storyline, it could be anywhere. I'd like to see it set somewhere like Eastern Europe or China.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:18 PM #138
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
China. Running through super populated cities, then escaping into farm land and rice paddies.

I think it would be cool to be in a modern day China, or a 1920s-1930s America in a post WWI / depression era where the Assassins help America rebuild and strengthen.
Pyrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:03 AM #139
byarosh201

I'm all for a roaring 20s time. Or a 1900-1905 London or France. World fair and all it's delicious technology.
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:16 PM #140
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

I could see the 1940s during WWII being interesting.
Nerve06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:25 PM #141
byarosh201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve06
I could see the 1940s during WWII being interesting.
I disagree. I feel like with all the WWII shooters everyone's played. It would feel like rehashed territory. I could see some interesting plot points. Like with D-Day spiking hitlers drink or food so he passes out, or alternatively murdering him who knows they have very very good writers.

I just feel the general locales and how they'd tie into what we've experienced since Medal of Honor would feel stale regardless of storyline.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:09 PM #142
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

It wouldn't be a shooting game, I could see it more along the lines of like resistance fighters spread across Europe.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:47 PM #143
byarosh201

Never said it would be I just feel like that era wouldn't give the same vibe the rest of the games do(I've yet to play 3 still due to the hurricane and **** so it might have a different feeling to it.)
Old 11-09-2012, 12:04 AM #144
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
I see no hidden blade there....yet
I know this is old as ****, but did OP ever realize that he doesn't know the definition of "hidden"?
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:47 PM #145
bam wannabe
i actually hate Bam.

get home from work, plan on just blowing through the rest of the story to see what happens...

...and xbox gets the red ring of death. **** you, microsoft.

pbreview feedback
old pbnation feedback

Old 11-16-2012, 01:52 AM #146
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

Just finished the game.

Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
So, while the ending wasn't nearly as bad as people made it sound, it was still infuriating. I had a feeling for quite some time that one of the first civilization would end up being the main bad guy. So Juno's plan to conquer the world was not that surprising. That said, I hate how after the Battle of Monmouth, the story goes completely ****ing haywire:

So are we to believe Connor abandons the Patriot cause, yet somehow still ends up at the Siege of Yorktown? And to top it off, the French join him in shelling New York for ****s and giggles after the war has concluded? Made zero sense.

I also hated how they did away with easily one of the most memorable and likable villains of the AC franchise in Haytham. He got very little in the way of a proper send off in my mind.

Overall, from Monmouth on, the story goes completely sideways, and ****s up consistently. I guess we're just to assume that the Revolutionary War goes the path of history and that's that. I didn't like how we got no closure on any of the founding fathers, or what they are up to now, other than Lee threatening to "burn their corpses."

The ending of Desmond definitely sets up for ACIIII on the next gen systems with a new protagonist, or Desmond communicating to the new protagonist through the animus.

Frustrating ending, yet expected, yet somewhat satisfying. Meh, I don't even know how I feel, since I've been used to these endings since the original AC.

Yeah.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:55 AM #147
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

As a side note, just finished with 100% sync. I've done everything in the game.