Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-27-2009, 10:23 AM #43
Nyx3d

has been a member for 10 years
Alternatively they could have stuck Palpatine inside a protective bubble to cover that plot hole. I'm sure if you email Lucas now he'll fit that right into to the next edition.

Feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2009, 10:23 AM #44
komodo_117

Lucas is a crazy ****, but, he's not stupid.

Remember, not even Anakin, who was presumably the most powerful Jedi at that time, after spending all that time near Palpatine, could sense we was even capable of using the force.

I also remember something about powerful Sith being able to hide their power. Such a thing isn't uncommon in the Star Wars universe.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:47 PM #45
♦ChUbS♦

In ROTS mace and yoda talk about how the dark side is surrounding palpatine at least a few days before windu confronts him.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:47 PM #46
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Mr. Short Pants plays in the PSP
Mr. Short Pants supports Cereal Killerz 2
The Clones, prior to order 66, had no intent to kill the Jedi and so they showed them no hostility. Actually, even the change would have been deceptive since the clones weren't acting with emotion, they were just following orders.

The expanded Star Wars universe gives the Jedi far more power than the original series does. It took a lot out of Yoda to lift the X-wing from the swamp but in some comic they've got a Sith Lord pulling two suns together.

I think when the books first started to get published they used a very flexible timeline and based things on the past that hadn't been solidified yet. At this point you need express permission to publish a book and it has to fit in with the known facts of the universe.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:49 PM #47
♦ChUbS♦

I dont get how clones could all take order 66 the same. i thought the point of clones is that they can think more freely than a droid. and because they are related to humans show some emotion. order 66 seems like more of a droid action.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:02 PM #48
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

You saw the leaders get the order from Palpatine directly. After that it's just having the commanders give the order to his troops.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:05 PM #49
♦ChUbS♦

ya i know just does not seem realistic.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:53 PM #50
komodo_117

They were just as submissive to direct orders as droids were. They simply had the ability to think humanly in the battlefield. They were not bred for morality. Only to follow orders like a droid, but outperform the mechanical minds of them.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:20 PM #51
gun slayer
Yes, I'm an *******.

gun slayer is a Supporting Member
gun slayer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
the clones were all genetically engineered from birth, so it seems perfectly logical to me that their creators had order 66 brainwashed into them from the beginning as part of palpatine’s massive uber secret plot to take over the galaxy

edit: i think it would have had to have been brainwashed into them from the start, I highly doubt there was some clone trooper field manual that had **** like that listed:

"order 66: should you recive this order from a mysterious hooded figure, you are to immediately kill your Jedi commanders and any other force users you can find. ask no questions, forget all loyalties you once had to said jedi, just ****ing murder them."

Last edited by gun slayer : 01-27-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:49 PM #52
IchBinKaseBrot
Oscar Whiskey

IchBinKaseBrot is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Short Pants View Post

The expanded Star Wars universe gives the Jedi far more power than the original series does. It took a lot out of Yoda to lift the X-wing from the swamp but in some comic they've got a Sith Lord pulling two suns together.

I think when the books first started to get published they used a very flexible timeline and based things on the past that hadn't been solidified yet. At this point you need express permission to publish a book and it has to fit in with the known facts of the universe.
Yoda was also 999 years old when he removed Luke's X-wing, just look at what he did in AOTC and ROTS. Also Naga Sadow causing the supernova was done with aid of a Sith Amulet that amplified a user's power.

Many of the early Star Wars EU novels did have consent of Lucasfilm to be published in the first place. It wasn't like Timothy Zahn, Tom Vietch and Kevin J. Anderson just up and decided to write a bunch of Stat Wars stories for the hell of it. But when the prequels came out it really shook up a lot of stuff in the EU and it was really aggrivating as many things in the EU were much better than the stuff in the prequels...

Auburn Tigers
Portsmouth FC

Collegeandmagnolia.com - Corner of Auburn & the Internet
لا يوجد سلام على أبواب
Old 01-27-2009, 06:01 PM #53
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Yeah, I know they had consent, it's just that the back story hadn't yet been worked out and so some of the books are now obsolete, but most are still a good read.

Zahn is my favorite, the Thrawn trilogy is what really started me reading as a recreation. Still probably the best novels out there but now some of the ideas and concepts used are no longer possible.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:44 PM #54
R8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♦ChUbS♦ View Post
ya i know just does not seem realistic.
We ARE talking about Star Wars here... and that is what you have realism issues with?

AS far as the books go from what i heard the only topics that were off limits for authors was the Clone Wars.. and I don't think Lucas read any of the EU books except for Shadows of the Empire.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:13 PM #55
♦ChUbS♦

i hope someday they make shadows of the empire into the movie they planned to make. the game and book were ****ing awesome.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:19 PM #56
IchBinKaseBrot
Oscar Whiskey

IchBinKaseBrot is a Supporting Member
A CGi movie with the original actors providing the voices would be cool however I don't think something like that will happen...

Auburn Tigers
Portsmouth FC

Collegeandmagnolia.com - Corner of Auburn & the Internet
لا يوجد سلام على أبواب
Old 01-27-2009, 08:37 PM #57
Eclipse7x

Eclipse7x is a Paintball photographer
Shadows of the empire would be decent. If done right.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:41 PM #58
R8s

As long as they follow the book...
Old 01-27-2009, 08:59 PM #59
♦ChUbS♦

i would be happy if the live action tv show has Dash rendar, xizor and black sun. i heard boba fett will be in the tv show.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:12 PM #60
Nyx3d

I LOL'd at the amazon review.

Star Wars on blu-ray? Oh great, a new format gives Lucas a new opportunity to ruin the films even more than he already has. I hear in the new special, super duper fantastical release that neither Greedo nor Han shoot first but that he really wanted them to high-five each other because they've really been good friends all along. No thanks Georgie, I'm STILL sticking with my VHS tapes of the originals.

Feedback
Old 01-27-2009, 09:22 PM #61
Eclipse7x

Eclipse7x is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8s View Post
As long as they follow the book...
Old 01-27-2009, 09:33 PM #62
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx3d View Post
I'm STILL sticking with my VHS tapes of the originals.
Win. I really want the original unraped version on DVD, alone, without even the acknowledgment of any kind of "improvements" shenanigans. Just for ease of use.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:02 PM #63
Smakfactor

Lol