Community Focus

Old 02-15-2013, 12:32 PM #1
ijinxd

ijinxd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ijinxd has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd supports DLX Technology
Pooty Core orings

I just picked up a Luxe 1.5 and the seller mentioned that he was using the 2.0 core instead of the pooty core because he didn't have the proper oring's to get it shooting how it should.
I have the pooty, 2.0 and original cores but would like to use the pooty.
I found the video of how to fit the orings, and figured I'd buy some on ebay.

Would this type of oring work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200375427055

It's 70 buna, so it looks about right. I've also seen 13x1mm, 13x2mm, etc.

Also, the pooty core just sputters air, so does that sound like a fitting issue? Or could there be something else?
ijinxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2013, 01:05 PM #2
ROCKNROLLA

ROCKNROLLA plays in the PSP
ROCKNROLLA owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ROCKNROLLA plays in the APPA D4 division
ROCKNROLLA supports DLX Technology
Watch this video he tells you how each oring should fit on his core-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjEI-PDlYuM
ROCKNROLLA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 PM #3
Pooty51
Pootypaintball.com

Email me at chris@pootypaintball.com . I will then email you back the instructions that came with those parts.

Always zero out the reg when you go from mid to low pressure parts. That alone can fix the half cycle issue. If you over pressurize the bolt system you can get the half cycle.

As far as orings, use black buna orings. Standard sizes

---Pooty's Youtube Channel - Mod - Tech - Product Videos---
Pooty51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:22 PM #4
kellan

kellan is playing at Living Legends VI
kellan owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
kellan supports Team VICIOUS
kellan supports Team VICIOUS
kellan supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooty51 View Post
Email me at chris@pootypaintball.com . I will then email you back the instructions that came with those parts.

Always zero out the reg when you go from mid to low pressure parts. That alone can fix the half cycle issue. If you over pressurize the bolt system you can get the half cycle.

Why do you recommend buna orings on your power core compared to say viton, HNBR, urethane or a mix of all 3?
kellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:54 PM #5
ijinxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKNROLLA View Post
Watch this video he tells you how each oring should fit on his core-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjEI-PDlYuM
Checked that video out this morning. I got her shooting flawlessly. Thanks!

Quote:

Thanks Chris, ill drop you an email soon. I did what you posted and it seems to be shooting perfectly.
So the orings posted should work, right?
Old 02-15-2013, 02:16 PM #6
Pooty51
Pootypaintball.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellan View Post
Why do you recommend buna orings on your power core compared to say viton, HNBR, urethane or a mix of all 3?
If you have the V1 can the oring fitment is a little looser. Black buna orings general have a good medium pressure fit.

Urethane orings will normally have a looser fit.

Viton orings are very hit and miss. Some fit very tight and some loose.

People are very confused on what o-rings can do for them.

Its not about the o-ring material at all. Sure some orings might last longer but fitment is much much more important.

Be concerned more about the fit. I have blue orings that are super expensive. But if they fit loose or tight then they are no use for the application I am trying to use them in.

I have hundreds of Urethane, Buna, Military spec, Hydrated (HNBR- green), silicon and grips of others.

Non of the above means anything to me if they don't fit correct.

People will tell you that a urethane will work better then a black. All bogus... Its the fitment and tension that is making it work better.....

This is all directed at dynamic orings. O-rings that slide on metal.

Static or non moving orings like outer can orings, frame sealing o-ring and orings that don't get friction I like to use black Buna orings as well.

Like above, they tend to run larger then urethane orings and seal great. Ruling out a leaking static o-ring is very important to me when I tech a luxe for a customer. So I do like a tighter fit on those. Urethane (clear) orings also work fine. I myself just have more black o-rings and they work just as good and are cheaper.

Sorry for the long ramble but I am sure some of the above info people will find useful.

---Pooty's Youtube Channel - Mod - Tech - Product Videos---
Pooty51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:30 AM #7
ijinxd

Thanks again for the info Chris.

One more question. I installed the feathertouch screw just now. Before installing the screw, my luxe was shooting perfectly fine (with the pooty core and bolt). Now with the FT screw, I'm getting really bad FSDO. The first few shots half-cycle, then it shoots. Once I stop shooting, it does the same thing over again.
What should I change in respect to settings? I'm on 14 MS dwell
Old 02-16-2013, 07:24 AM #8
tbone833

tbone833 is playing at Living Legends III
tbone833 is playing at Living Legends VI
tbone833 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
If you have the V1 can the oring fitment is a little looser. Black buna orings general have a good medium pressure fit.

Urethane orings will normally have a looser fit.

Viton orings are very hit and miss. Some fit very tight and some loose.

People are very confused on what o-rings can do for them.

Its not about the o-ring material at all. Sure some orings might last longer but fitment is much much more important.

Be concerned more about the fit. I have blue orings that are super expensive. But if they fit loose or tight then they are no use for the application I am trying to use them in.

I have hundreds of Urethane, Buna, Military spec, Hydrated (HNBR- green), silicon and grips of others.

Non of the above means anything to me if they don't fit correct.

People will tell you that a urethane will work better then a black. All bogus... Its the fitment and tension that is making it work better.....

This is all directed at dynamic orings. O-rings that slide on metal.

Static or non moving orings like outer can orings, frame sealing o-ring and orings that don't get friction I like to use black Buna orings as well.

Like above, they tend to run larger then urethane orings and seal great. Ruling out a leaking static o-ring is very important to me when I tech a luxe for a customer. So I do like a tighter fit on those. Urethane (clear) orings also work fine. I myself just have more black o-rings and they work just as good and are cheaper.

Sorry for the long ramble but I am sure some of the above info people will find useful.
Thanks for this ^. Answered a bunch of my questions.
tbone833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:31 PM #9
ijinxd

Guess I'll start a separate thread for the other issue (it doesn't really fall under this question anyways). Hope it's no problem.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:34 PM #10
skvngr100

Annual Supporting Member
skvngr100 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
skvngr100 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
skvngr100 supports DLX Technology
I watched pooties video on Utube and it helped a lot. But as being the first time and having to order more orings cause none of mine where tight enough. It can be tricky but the potty bolt is well worth it and its not like u have to change them often.
skvngr100 is offline   Reply With Quote