DANGER ZONE

has been a member for 10 years
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 is Boss
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 Productions View Post
We did announce it at the table. Once we got the final score sheets in, we had to tally it all up, then generate the schedule of who is in. Once they were in, I yelled it at the table who was in, and then we had 15 min until the Ocho's to start. This is done at the table. We also posted it on the trailer next to the live scores. The teams that left had left before the final games were played.. They ASSUMED they were out. They did not wait until the list was told who was in. We do explain this every captains meeting to wait until we announce who is in until leaving, yet every event people do it. It because they dont win all or most of their games and assume they are out. Teams made in in on Sunday with 4 wins. I had teams surprised they made it in with 4 wins.

We always tell teams, WAIT, CHECK and LISTEN... to the table. We will ALWAYS post a schedule of the rounds for the Ochos', Quaters, Semis and Finals on the trailer glass by the live score computer screen.
What table exactly? My team was staging right behind field 5 (raza) and we heard nothing about when ocho's were starting or anything. Nobody around us knew either.

I understand, some teams left assuming they were not in and they should have waited/checked, that is their fault so do not think I am blaming you or the league.
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2012, 02:25 PM #65
carlin3
Crusader Paintball

carlin3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
carlin3 is for the Gunfight
carlin3 posts videos on PbNation
carlin3 plays in the APPA D4 division
carlin3 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i understand the OP's concerns and it does seem very unfair. however the only one that can be blamed is the NPPL. Personally i would love to have the chance to play such an experienced team. But when you're spending $300+ on a tournament might not always be the best time. All in all, complaining will do nothing, theyre good players, and ranked d4, thats all there is to it, so practice you r heart out, and beat them next time, so you dont have to complain about losing to a d2 NPPL team, you can brag about beating them.

Last edited by carlin3 : 04-30-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:02 PM #66
dj red dog

dj red dog plays in the APPA D5 division
One more thing that I'm a little confused about is that these guys that are ranked D1/D2 in 7-man NPPL. What is their ranking in D1/D2 3-Man NPPL? Things that make you go hmmmm....

Also isn't NPPL style of paintball play a little different than PSP style?
Old 04-30-2012, 03:10 PM #67
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by specopsdeath2 View Post
What table exactly? My team was staging right behind field 5 (raza) and we heard nothing about when ocho's were starting or anything. Nobody around us knew either.

I understand, some teams left assuming they were not in and they should have waited/checked, that is their fault so do not think I am blaming you or the league.
I apologize if it seemed like I was saying you were blaming me, I was not. I was simply stating whey they left. They knew after when we called them what they did wrong.

The registration table/trailer. We dont scream it or announce it over a PA System. We do ask teams to just check the scores area before they leave. We have a computer monitor at the trailer showing the scores from the day. Thats where you find out if you make it.

When we post it we say 15 min until Ochos start.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:12 PM #68
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj red dog View Post
One more thing that I'm a little confused about is that these guys that are ranked D1/D2 in 7-man NPPL. What is their ranking in D1/D2 3-Man NPPL? Things that make you go hmmmm....

Yes NPPL and PSP are two different styles. Im not sure the 3man rank.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:13 PM #69
LCWRM1K3
Larson

plays in the NXL
LCWRM1K3 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LCWRM1K3 plays in the APPA D2 division
LCWRM1K3 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj red dog

The NPPL uses a different divisional system than the PSP. The guys on Fresh Factory haven't played any tournaments above D4 in the APPA ranking system, therefore in the APPA they're considered D4 players.

NOOBIES
Old 04-30-2012, 03:18 PM #70
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICBOOM View Post
on to more important stuff, can you rerank me to D5? even better young gun.
you are always my fave D5 Young Gun "Sonicboom" lol...
Old 04-30-2012, 03:23 PM #71
BlazeTSR
Getting rediculous

BlazeTSR plays in the PSP
BlazeTSR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BlazeTSR plays in the APPA D5 division
If you want a fix support the push for NPPL to use the APPA system. If the PSP/NPPL merger worked out this year the one benefit for competition equality would have come from it. Until that day, consider it an opportunity to prove that your hard work paid off allowing you to beat a "better" team. Don't hate the league since they followed the rules they had set out.

As a new tournament player myself and a captain of a team I'd consider it a opportunity to learn and keep and open mind. What did they do to allow them to beat you or any other team out there? Was their teamwork, game plan(s), conditioning, mental state at any point better then yours? All first place teams make sure these traits of their team are at it's highest before and during an event. My point is that you work your hardest and you'll give any team a challenge.

Skyline Paintball
Old 04-30-2012, 03:32 PM #72
tman1017
Pittsburgh

tman1017 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tman1017 posts videos on PbNation
tman1017 plays in the APPA D5 division
I think they should just bump the team up a division in the league
Old 04-30-2012, 03:44 PM #73
derdershortbus1

derdershortbus1 plays in the PSP
derdershortbus1 plays in the APPA D5 division
when people started seeing ian trainer walk off the valken field, i think people would have taken a hint lmao
BLUNT RIDERS #84
Old 04-30-2012, 03:45 PM #74
Dagger8805
Diagnosed Tri-Polar

Dagger8805 plays in the APPA beginner division
Dagger8805 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I didn't even play this event so realize this is from a third party perspective, but here is my $.02 on the matter.

As you can see my ranking is D5. I would have loved to play these guys. Sure we would have probably been creamed, but who cares? Play the game you love, and get better. How many opportunities would you get to practice against a team of that caliber if you're a low ranking, local tourney only kind of team?

That's a chance to learn a ton if you actually take a step back and realize what they did and what you didn't do, and what you need to improve on.

Now that being said, sure, it sucks that you just spent your hard earned money in a tournament with the hopes of placing and winning some prizes. But you know what? You win prizes for more than just first. Tyler and his team still walked away with prizes. As did the two teams below him. The bottom line is if you're complaining about not placing, you weren't good enough to beat the 4 teams who did (I'm assuming the prizes went out to 4th as usual). So quit pointing the finger at Dynasty 2.

As people said, this is an issue that has been around forever, and will continue to be around until a unified ranking system is implemented. Even then it won't completely go away, people who take a break for a little while get bumped down. It's just how it is. Step up or just walk away.
"Originally posted by martix_agent: wrestling knee pads is something i've not though about. where would I go to get those? Those would definitely be made for rubbing against the ground and taking a pounding."
Old 04-30-2012, 03:46 PM #75
Dreadwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj red dog

There is no differentiation between 3 man, 5 man, or 7 man when it comes to rankings. The format played doesn't make a difference. Nppl doesn't offer the 3 man format either.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:53 PM #76
LCWRM1K3
Larson

plays in the NXL
LCWRM1K3 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LCWRM1K3 plays in the APPA D2 division
LCWRM1K3 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by derdershortbus1
when people started seeing ian trainer walk off the valken field, i think people would have taken a hint lmao
He was there coaching his younger brothers team

NOOBIES
Old 04-30-2012, 03:58 PM #77
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Deimus85 supports DLX Technology
I think if more people had this mentality on sport, people would enjoy playing paintball tournaments a lot more:

"Don't play for prizes, play for pride."

To know that you gave it your all at the end of the day, and to have fun with your friends on a beautiful day in Chesapeake City, Maryland, is worth more than any first place prize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCWRM1K3 View Post
He was there coaching his younger brothers team
He was also playing D2/D3 with Rico's Raiders. We played against them and had a great match! Props to that team for being gentlemen and great paintballers!
Old 04-30-2012, 04:04 PM #78
cp kid
VICIOUS OT TEAM 2009-2012

cp kid is a Paintball photographer
cp kid plays in the PSP
cp kid supports Team VICIOUS
cp kid supports our troops
cp kid is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
I think if more people had this mentality on sport, people would enjoy playing paintball tournaments a lot more:

"Don't play for prizes, play for pride."

To know that you gave it your all at the end of the day, and to have fun with your friends on a beautiful day in Chesapeake City, Maryland, is worth more than any first place prize.

He was also playing D2/D3 with Rico's Raiders. We played against them and had a great match! Props to that team for being gentlemen and great paintballers!

The event was a great learning experience. Ran really smooth, and the staff was excellent. See everyone at event 2!
Old 04-30-2012, 04:06 PM #79
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Deimus85 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp kid View Post

The event was a great learning experience. Ran really smooth, and the staff was excellent. See everyone at event 2!
Your jerseys are sick!
Old 04-30-2012, 04:58 PM #80
Pomy

I think it's hilarious the OP would create an account and voice his opinion publicly without even playing the event. Doesn't seem that anyone that played in that division was too upset about it, and I'm sure many people in the sport will respect you more for this because with that being said it was pretty bold of those players to choose to play d4/d5.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:07 PM #81
KdogDReapers
KCrute #25

KdogDReapers owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
KdogDReapers owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
KdogDReapers supports Pev's Paintball
KdogDReapers plays in the APPA D4 division
This thread should be closed, who cares that they played. Only reason people are complaining is because they feel threatened by them. On any given sunday, any given team can be beaten. Regardless of rank. I hope they come back next event, and I also hope that the next event is ran as smoothly and as flawlessly as the last. Great job to MAPL and all the staff. You guys will always have my support and the support of all of our players!

In all honesty, the way I look at it, when that whistle is blown, if your on the other end of my barrel, your an enemy. Rank, experience, equipment, etc... shouldn't even cross your mind. Pull the trigger on everyone the same.

Event 2 is around the corner!!!!!!!!
EC Rampage #25
Spreadeagle Tavern and Quickshot Paintball
QSPL 2016! A league ran by players for the players!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:24 PM #82
NYEric

Why should the thread be closed? Unpopular subject?
Old 04-30-2012, 05:28 PM #83
tman1017
Pittsburgh

tman1017 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tman1017 posts videos on PbNation
tman1017 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger8805
I didn't even play this event so realize this is from a third party perspective, but here is my $.02 on the matter.

As you can see my ranking is D5. I would have loved to play these guys. Sure we would have probably been creamed, but who cares? Play the game you love, and get better. How many opportunities would you get to practice against a team of that caliber if you're a low ranking, local tourney only kind of team?

That's a chance to learn a ton if you actually take a step back and realize what they did and what you didn't do, and what you need to improve on.

Now that being said, sure, it sucks that you just spent your hard earned money in a tournament with the hopes of placing and winning some prizes. But you know what? You win prizes for more than just first. Tyler and his team still walked away with prizes. As did the two teams below him. The bottom line is if you're complaining about not placing, you weren't good enough to beat the 4 teams who did (I'm assuming the prizes went out to 4th as usual). So quit pointing the finger at Dynasty 2.

As people said, this is an issue that has been around forever, and will continue to be around until a unified ranking system is implemented. Even then it won't completely go away, people who take a break for a little while get bumped down. It's just how it is. Step up or just walk away.
People want a fair chance when $5000 of guns is on the line
Old 04-30-2012, 05:57 PM #84
Dagger8805
Diagnosed Tri-Polar

Dagger8805 plays in the APPA beginner division
Dagger8805 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman1017 View Post
People want a fair chance when $5000 of guns is on the line
Why is that? Just so you can flip them and make money off of it? Play the game because you enjoy it, not to make money. If your grand plan is to profit from paintball I advise stepping away and re-evaluating a few things, that just isn't what this sport is about.
And if your counter to this is that you are here to have fun, then have fun, and learn from the experience. Use it as a building block to get to the nationals where the bigger prizes are... since that's your whole issue with this.

If there is a problem here it's not people taking your prizes, its people intimidating younger players and chasing them away from a sport that we all want to see grow.
"Originally posted by martix_agent: wrestling knee pads is something i've not though about. where would I go to get those? Those would definitely be made for rubbing against the ground and taking a pounding."
Closed Thread