Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-20-2007, 08:10 AM #1
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.

has been a member for 10 years
On the Highway to Hell

AC/DC wasn't joking around and apparently neither is the Catholic Church.

VATICAN CITY - The Vatican on Tuesday issued a "Ten Commandments" for motorists to keep them on the road to salvation, warning drivers against the sins of road rage, abuse of alcohol or even simple rudeness.

The unusual document from the Vatican's office for migrants and itinerant people also warned that automobiles can be "an occasion of sin" — particularly when used to make a dangerous passing maneuver or when used by prostitutes and their clients.

And it suggested prayer might come in handy — performing the sign of the cross before starting off and saying the rosary along the way. The rosary was particularly well-suited to recitation by all in the car, it said, since its "rhythm and gentle repetition does not distract the driver's attention."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070619/...ican_road_rage

It's nice to see that with all of the bad things currently going on in the world, the Catholic Church is focused on the truly important means by which Satan might influence our everyday lives. Long live the Pope!

"Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." - Ayn Rand.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2007, 08:12 AM #2
Gold_Eagle (Banned)

They can tell their little Catholic puppets whatever they want. At least we can laugh at it
Old 06-20-2007, 08:26 AM #3
girl from the gym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Eagle View Post
They can tell their little Catholic puppets whatever they want. At least we can laugh at it
First thought that came to mind
Old 06-20-2007, 09:26 AM #4
theycallmenacho

This sounds like a stretch to me...
Old 06-20-2007, 10:41 AM #5
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

warbeak2099 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
warbeak2099 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
warbeak2099 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
warbeak2099 supports Empire
Well I for one wish some people would listen to the not being rude part. I'm sick and tired of suburban soccer moms that think they can cut in front of me at a 4-way stop and then give me a dirty look. I swear I wish my car fired emp shockwaves...
Old 06-20-2007, 11:11 AM #6
Gold_Eagle (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Well I for one wish some people would listen to the not being rude part. I'm sick and tired of suburban soccer moms that think they can cut in front of me at a 4-way stop and then give me a dirty look. I swear I wish my car fired emp shockwaves...
That's what bass is for, my friend.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:35 PM #7
fatboywoods

Quote:
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumquat1 View Post
AC/DC wasn't joking around and apparently neither is the Catholic Church.

VATICAN CITY - The Vatican on Tuesday issued a "Ten Commandments" for motorists to keep them on the road to salvation, warning drivers against the sins of road rage, abuse of alcohol or even simple rudeness.

The unusual document from the Vatican's office for migrants and itinerant people also warned that automobiles can be "an occasion of sin" — particularly when used to make a dangerous passing maneuver or when used by prostitutes and their clients.

And it suggested prayer might come in handy — performing the sign of the cross before starting off and saying the rosary along the way. The rosary was particularly well-suited to recitation by all in the car, it said, since its "rhythm and gentle repetition does not distract the driver's attention."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070619/...ican_road_rage

It's nice to see that with all of the bad things currently going on in the world, the Catholic Church is focused on the truly important means by which Satan might influence our everyday lives. Long live the Pope!
Interesting... I guess.

By the way, I like the CS Lewis quote in your sig. Thrice (a band) quotes Lewis a lot in their songs... "We laugh at honor and are shocked when we find knives in our backs. We follow those who cheat and steal..."
Old 06-20-2007, 12:36 PM #8
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
That's what throwing a D cell battery thru their front windshield is for, my friend.
Corrected for truth.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Old 06-20-2007, 12:57 PM #9
Gold_Eagle (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
I want to go to jail
Corrected for truth

Last edited by Gold_Eagle : 06-20-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:35 PM #10
The Ghetto Wizard

you're on the highway at this time of day? that's rediculous, the traffic will be gridlock, you'll want to take the b-line past trenton and take the new jersey turnpike the rest of the way.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:34 PM #11
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Lol

Quote:
That's what throwing a D cell battery thru their front windshield is for, my friend.
Corrected for truth.

Lol

Good suggestions. Although I think I will save the latter for a really desperate situation.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:07 PM #12
FuzzyFish

Meh, i don't do any of that violent or malicious road rage stuff. when people drive badly or dangerously, I just yell loud enough so anyone within 2 miles can hear, "F*** YOU YOU STUPID MOTHERF****er!" I don't feel like going to jail, so yelling as loud as I can is good enough for me, because it still pisses them off.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

Last edited by FuzzyFish : 06-20-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:21 PM #13
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyFish View Post
Meh, i don't do any of that violent or malicious road rage stuff. when people drive badly or dangerously, I just yell loud enough so anyone within 2 miles can hear, "F*** YOU YOU STUPID MOTHERF****er!" I don't feel like going to jail, so yelling as loud as I can is good enough for me, because it still pisses them off.
I make sure to tell every idiot on the road what I think of them, you know, the ol' one finger salute.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:24 PM #14
FuzzyFish

Quote:
I make sure to tell every idiot on the road what I think of them, you know, the ol' one finger salute.
see thats a nice approach, because its not such a strain on your vocal cords, but then again, some people are so ditsy and out of it (while going 70-80 mph) that they often don't look for your one fingered salute.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
Old 06-20-2007, 06:39 PM #15
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyFish View Post
see thats a nice approach, because its not such a strain on your vocal cords, but then again, some people are so ditsy and out of it (while going 70-80 mph) that they often don't look for your one fingered salute.
1)accelrate
2)come up along side of them
3)honk once lightly
4)flip suprised person the bird
5)smile as you do
6)drive on

Old 06-20-2007, 10:27 PM #16
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Oh you know what we need. We need like a voice-activated scrolling marquee on our bumpers so that we can blow past some jackhole and tell them that they are a friggin idiot and need to get off the road.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:12 AM #17
Overbear

Quote:
Oh you know what we need. We need like a voice-activated scrolling marquee on our bumpers so that we can blow past some jackhole and tell them that they are a friggin idiot and need to get off the road.
they have keyboard driven ones at pep boys

Old 06-21-2007, 12:24 AM #18
jewheath16

Quote:
I always end up rolling down my window and saying ever word I know. And I know a lot
Old 06-21-2007, 12:29 AM #19
Cruiseman

Im catholic and I found this kind of funney to be honest because the 10 commandments came from God not the vatican.

And Gold eagle learn to show respect
Old 06-21-2007, 01:32 AM #20
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
they have keyboard driven ones at pep boys
Oh great now I've got something else that I want to waste money on. Damnit OB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiseman
Gee, in another thread you command people to "Go into a church and sit down and pray." That's certainly not respectful of other people's beliefs. You even charged Topazbullet with having no religion when it is very clear that he is a spiritual individual and does believe in Taoism. So, Cruiseman... you learn to show respect.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:39 AM #21
Gold_Eagle (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiseman View Post
I'm sorry your religion changes the rules every couple months. But it's just so easy to give my opinion in an online forum, you know...like I have free speech or some crazy idea like that.

Quote:
Gee, in another thread you command people to "Go into a church and sit down and pray." That's certainly not respectful of other people's beliefs. You even charged Topazbullet with having no religion when it is very clear that he is a spiritual individual and does believe in Taoism. So, Cruiseman... you learn to show respect.
Thank you, and touche.