PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-14-2012, 09:50 PM #1
Brules
MFCEO

Brules is Boss
BUYER BEWARE: Empire Prophecy Z2 is N O T RF Capable OOTB!

So I just got my RF kit for my Z2/Ego 11.

I pop it open and read the instructions, and lo and behold you must have 2 RF kits to make it work with the Z2 as the greedy *******s at Empire decided to RAISE THE PRICE, yet REMOVE valuable features from the Z2.

To make RF work, you MUST BUY 2 $29.99 KITS for the Z2 and your marker.

Their labeling is AMBIGUOUS AT BEST:

Quote:
RF (Radio Frequency) Upgradeable
I am really pissed as I think this is a **** move to charge more, yet remove a great feature.

So now to get this thing to work, I have to get ANOTHER RF kit. Grrrr - hope my local store has one!

SO BUYER BEWARE - THE Z2 IS NO RF READY AND WILL REQUIRE 2 RF KITS TO WORK!!!!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2012, 11:14 PM #2
AirSin2000
Tengoungato?

has been a member for 10 years
AirSin2000 supports Team VICIOUS
AirSin2000 posts videos on PbNation
AirSin2000 supports Empire
Empire did it for a reason.
AirSin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:42 PM #3
liquidfiretibby

liquidfiretibby plays in the PSP
liquidfiretibby owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
liquidfiretibby posts videos on PbNation
liquidfiretibby plays in the APPA D4 division
liquidfiretibby has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirSin2000 View Post
Empire did it for a reason.
and what reason is that?
i would hope it was to lower the base price of the hopper since most do not use the RF feature...

United
liquidfiretibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:31 AM #4
Brules
MFCEO

Brules is Boss
Improve their profit margin I assume......since not a lot of people used it, they remove it, save themselves $5-$10 or more.

I just wish they were more up front about needing 2 sets to make it work properly. The prophecy with an RF kit is unreal......with my old one, once I did it I virtually never ever had any ball breaks again....in gun or hopper. Amazing bit of kit.

My 2nd arrives today via fedex!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:14 AM #5
AirSin2000
Tengoungato?

AirSin2000 supports Team VICIOUS
AirSin2000 posts videos on PbNation
AirSin2000 supports Empire
they got rid of the feature due to 1. not a lot of people using it and 2. people who did not know how to correctly setup the hopper, turned on the rf feature and would complain about a busted hopper.

I think the price on the new Z2 is well worth it. I love mine.
AirSin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:44 AM #6
Brules
MFCEO

Brules is Boss
I love mine too, loved the original as well.....I am stoked about using rf again.....come on fedex dude!
Old 03-16-2012, 06:25 PM #7
cfl mike
Jesus is cool

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Everyday, when I come to this forum, it gives me another reason to keep my older Prophecies lol.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

Sell me your G6R (and Halo) upgrades/parts, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....#post100100397
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:32 PM #8
Brules
MFCEO

Brules is Boss
Amen. Wish I had kept mine, the new one is very good though.....just not as feature rich and more $$$$. Greedy pricks.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:11 AM #9
cfl mike
Jesus is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brules View Post
Amen. Wish I had kept mine, the new one is very good though.....just not as feature rich and more $$$$. Greedy pricks.
Yea, well still man they jipped me on my LTD because I bought the LTD kit for the eye option, and the eyes SUCK!

Still though if the eyes worked on it, for me the LTD would be like the end all be all loader lol.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

Sell me your G6R (and Halo) upgrades/parts, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:21 AM #10
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
If something is 'upgradeable' then, to me, it's rather clear it doesn't have the out of the box feature but rather the capability for it as an option.
I have to disagree with you on the labeling and wording, I think it's quite clear.
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:05 PM #11
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbbuddy12 supports Pev's Paintball
pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17 View Post
If something is 'upgradeable' then, to me, it's rather clear it doesn't have the out of the box feature but rather the capability for it as an option.
I have to disagree with you on the labeling and wording, I think it's quite clear.
Finally someone said it.
pbbuddy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:42 PM #12
Brules
MFCEO

Brules is Boss
It's quite unclear that you need 2 RF kits to make it work.....

I got it working and works damn well.....though fitting the chip in the ego 11 grip was a chore lol.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:59 PM #13
cfl mike
Jesus is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brules View Post
It's quite unclear that you need 2 RF kits to make it work.....
This.

Sure its obvious you need a kit, but 2? This is the first loader to ever need a purchase of 2 kits for R/F capability.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:23 PM #14
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbbuddy12 supports Pev's Paintball
pbbuddy12 is Legendary
I think the problem with it is you said out of the box. The z2 does not come with 1 rf kit in the box so it is not like they are tricking you in that sense.

And it does say : For Prophecy Z2 and Empire BT Rip Clip to be RF capable - (1) Transmitter kit is required for the loader (and may need (1) Transmitter Kit for marker).

In my opinion they tell you 2 are needed for a z2. But it is just a personal opinion.

Last edited by pbbuddy12 : 03-18-2012 at 03:26 PM.
pbbuddy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:39 PM #15
sameagol26
Youtube = BTDeltafan101

sameagol26 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
sameagol26 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirSin2000 View Post
they got rid of the feature due to 1. not a lot of people using it and 2. people who did not know how to correctly setup the hopper, turned on the rf feature and would complain about a busted hopper.

I think the price on the new Z2 is well worth it. I love mine.
Ok, for those who didn't read the original post. He said he wished the folks at Empire had LABELLED it more clearly that you need 2 kits, instead of writing the ambiguous term that it is upgradeable. We all know why empire did it.
Citrus Connection #26
Storm Runners
sameagol26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:29 PM #16
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Personally, thought the labelling was quite straight forward. RF upgradeable very obviously should mean to anyone who English is their primary language that it can use RF but doesn't have it stock.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:47 PM #17
ccluff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameagol26 View Post
Ok, for those who didn't read the original post. He said he wished the folks at Empire had LABELLED it more clearly that you need 2 kits, instead of writing the ambiguous term that it is upgradeable. We all know why empire did it.
this.
********NOW AVAILABLE*************
Tool-less low pressure shocker bolt guides
*****Comming soon**** $45-55.

Last edited by ccluff2 : 03-18-2012 at 06:38 PM.
ccluff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:27 AM #18
cfl mike
Jesus is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameagol26 View Post
Exactly again, this is the first R/F upgradeable hopper to ever need more than 1 kit purchase, not to mention if the older Prophecy had it and it says the same thing on both boxes "R/F Upgradeable" who the hell is to suspect you need 2 kits without prior knowledge (not to mention I dont even think it said anything about needing a different kit than the older prophecies)? I know some kids on here are like "it was clear", well hey, just because mommy doesnt mind putting the extra 30-60 dollars for you, and since its no loss to you, doesnt mean the rest of us enjoy paying more for nothing, wasting hard earned cash.

O and 30 bucks per kit? Isnt it obvious, its a tactic to bring in some cash.

If its clear or no big deal, I would be happy to give you my paypal address so you can send me an extra 30-60 bucks.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:05 PM #19
P4R4D1GM
::This Space For Rent::

From my experience, the deciding factor for not including RF was to limit end user support issues. People just don't seem to read the manual and for some reason the original Prophecy had RF enabled as the default setting. This worked out horribly if you came across someone with an Empire RF transmitter. The loader wouldn't feed correctly so immediately you had people posting "my Prophecy doesn't load correctly or inconsistently". The reality is that enabling RF by default was supposed to make RF pairing easier for the end user but since such a small percentage users have RF chips it had the opposite effect.

I was a beta tester for the Z2 and all through the process Simon wanted to make this loader easier for people to use. I know Simon personally and he's not about milking every dollar from your wallet.

So a few things about the new RF chips in case they haven't been posted.
- They are completely different chips from the originals
- They are compatible with the older style so you only need to buy one for your Z2 if you have and older version for your gun.
- You would need (2) if you don't have any RF chips and want to use your Z2 with your gun
- The newer RF chip comes with the appropriate harness for the AXE Redline board.
- Installing the board and harness will set your loader to RF mode automatically. If you want to just go back to sound mode you can remove the chip and harness.
P4R4D1GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:24 AM #20
cfl mike
Jesus is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4R4D1GM View Post
People just don't seem to read the manual and for some reason
That would probably solve/prevent almost every problem that people have. Its amazing though, even when you hand them the manual here online, they refuse to help them selves, its so pathetic its actually a little angering. I guess I just have to remember they cant help it, everyone is trained to be that way in this country from birth.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:29 AM #21
cfl mike
Jesus is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4R4D1GM View Post

I was a beta tester for the Z2 and all through the process Simon wanted to make this loader easier for people to use. I know Simon personally and he's not about milking every dollar from your wallet.

So a few things about the new RF chips in case they haven't been posted.
- They are completely different chips from the originals
- They are compatible with the older style so you only need to buy one for your Z2 if you have and older version for your gun.
- You would need (2) if you don't have any RF chips and want to use your Z2 with your gun
- The newer RF chip comes with the appropriate harness for the AXE Redline board.
- Installing the board and harness will set your loader to RF mode automatically. If you want to just go back to sound mode you can remove the chip and harness.
Well even if hes not out there to run your pockets, the other heads of the company probably are. You are right though, its supposed to be more of a "plug n play" compared to the older Prophecies, I made the observation the second I saw the first video on it.

Thats cool that the old gun chips are both compatible with both Prophecies, that had not been mentioned yet, thats awesome, thanks for the info.