Old 07-02-2012, 01:51 AM #64
crowntheking

crowntheking plays in the PSP
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends V
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends VI
crowntheking supports Team VICIOUS
crowntheking is Legendary
crowntheking supports DLX Technology
I'm not a mean guy but I usually don't give paint to rentals for 2 main reasons:

1. I have so many goings always coming in and out its nice to have some extra "test" paint laying around.

2. 80% of there paint gets shot at a log before the game.

Nick
crowntheking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2012, 01:54 AM #65
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard is playing at Living Legends VIII
digitard has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard is Legendary
It's really hot in AZ right now so I spend most of my time at my local indoor field (once it's in the 70's in the fall I'll spend more time at the larger fields). Anyway's it's a FPO facility, and they have TONS of new people due to being in the city and indoor. Indoor paintball is huge when it's 115 out, and people want to be active, but beat the heat.

I've found that I rarely ever get asked to borrow a pod, etc, but if I overhear a player saying he's out and can't play, or someone runs out I'll normally toss them at least a pod so they can play another game. If I know it's going to be a few weeks before I get back and have only a bag or so left I'll just give it to someone and let them have it since it'll be a few weeks anyways.

Figure the most important thing I can do is be a positive impact to the newer players, and the sport itself. If just a few people come back because they remember it fondly due to that paint it's a win overall.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:20 AM #66
crowntheking

crowntheking plays in the PSP
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends V
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends VI
crowntheking supports Team VICIOUS
crowntheking is Legendary
crowntheking supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard
It's really hot in AZ right now so I spend most of my time at my local indoor field (once it's in the 70's in the fall I'll spend more time at the larger fields). Anyway's it's a FPO facility, and they have TONS of new people due to being in the city and indoor. Indoor paintball is huge when it's 115 out, and people want to be active, but beat the heat.

I've found that I rarely ever get asked to borrow a pod, etc, but if I overhear a player saying he's out and can't play, or someone runs out I'll normally toss them at least a pod so they can play another game. If I know it's going to be a few weeks before I get back and have only a bag or so left I'll just give it to someone and let them have it since it'll be a few weeks anyways.

Figure the most important thing I can do is be a positive impact to the newer players, and the sport itself. If just a few people come back because they remember it fondly due to that paint it's a win overall.
I see what you mean bu giving paint thats just going to sit away to rentals...i dont due to the fact i play 1-2 times a week
crowntheking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:25 PM #67
rkhig
Virginia Tech

plays in the NXL
rkhig is an NCPA player
rkhig plays in the APPA D4 division
rkhig supports Empire
rkhig is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
Tossing a pod to a rental during a game so we can work together to get the win, or hold off the inevitable defeat a bit longer (both equally fun), oh yeah, I'll do that no problem.

Tossing that last bag out of a case to the kid having a birthday rental party when I'm done for the day, sure, the look on the kids face when he finds out he can get yet another game in that day is totally worth it.

Even topping off a hopper between two quick turn around games, and having a bit left in the pod, I'll ask "who needs a top off?" instead of dumping it on the ground or having it bouncing around in my pack.

But I got to say I've never given paint to someone panhandling for it. That's just asking too much.
agreed
rkhig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:08 PM #68
DB-1071
ON THE SIDE OF ANGELS!!!!

DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VII
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VIII
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends IX
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Sure I'll give it up for a noob rec player, it's just good for the field you're at, good for the sport and it's payback for when you were the young noob out of paint and someone helped you out.

PBNation definition from Urban Dictionary:
A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay.

Angel A4fly and below COMPLETE FREAK BARREL SET AND CHARGER FOR SALE ( IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE LISTED PRICES PLEASE MAKE OFFERS ) PRICES LOWED!!!!
DB-1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:08 PM #69
Nelby2388
a wild NeLbY

Nelby2388 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nelby2388 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
But I got to say I've never given paint to someone panhandling for it. That's just asking too much.
Agreed. If you're going around asking everyone for paint, be prepared to not get it. I've given paint to rentals plenty of times though. I don't see why you wouldn't.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:16 AM #70
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard is playing at Living Legends VIII
digitard has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard is Legendary
Interestingly enough, I got some good karma back from this.

I was playing a week or so ago at a local indoor field (again, 115 heat is not fun to play in! A/C FTW!) and a group came in from out of the country to play during their downtime on their trip.

I BS'd with them a bit while they were getting their gear (I was at the counter talking with a friend who works there, and also enjoying watching him tech a marker that paint blew up in 8 months ago!) and they were psyched to play.

After their first game they were going to buy a case to share between them (enough for rentals) and a few wanted to jump in the game that was about to start so I grabbed their pods, and filled one for each of the 3 who wanted to play and told them it's all good. Have a good time.

They all played all day, and we BS'd here/there and talked about how it's insanely hot in AZ, and how they were having a blast.

End of the day came around, and they set 3/4 of a case in front of me (they went through their first one, bought a second, and part way through found out they had to leave) and told me to enjoy it. I looked up, and they said because they were from out of country they weren't able to come back, and they had enough fun so enjoy it like they did.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:45 AM #71
DB-1071
ON THE SIDE OF ANGELS!!!!

DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VII
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VIII
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends IX
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelby2388 View Post
Agreed. If you're going around asking everyone for paint, be prepared to not get it. I've given paint to rentals plenty of times though. I don't see why you wouldn't.

PBNation definition from Urban Dictionary:
A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay.

Angel A4fly and below COMPLETE FREAK BARREL SET AND CHARGER FOR SALE ( IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE LISTED PRICES PLEASE MAKE OFFERS ) PRICES LOWED!!!!
DB-1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:07 PM #72
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Ehh, if someone asks me to give them paint, I usually don't unless they are really low and we are about to start another game. I don't care if they are a new player with a rental or a 20 year vet. If i top off my hopper before a game and have some left in the pod, i usually top off the hoppers of the kids closest to me.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:01 PM #73
ItsthatmanB

I agree. After a game or two, if we run right into another game without the ability to refill, I'll always give a pod to a rental that is running low. Just keeps the games running and new people on the fields. What's 140 balls when cases are $50-$60? $5? The way I see it that's a small investment in the sport.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:33 PM #74
Nowayout24
F.E.A.R

Nowayout24 is playing at Living Legends V
Nowayout24 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Nowayout24 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nowayout24 supports Team VICIOUS
Nowayout24 supports Pev's Paintball
Nowayout24 is attending Decay of Nations VI
if im playing rec woodsball and they run out of paint and they need it so we can win the game I throw them a pod.

Anything for a win
Nowayout24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:42 PM #75
Graise
Wallflower

Graise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Graise has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I tend to give paint to rentals that I build good rapport with. There are few guys I've run into that just keep to themselves and tag me as a "machine gunner" because I have my own equipment. If they are chill and wanting to have a good time, I don't mind keeping their game going with a couple of pods. There is definitely a weekly limit to my generosity .
Old 07-18-2012, 04:40 PM #76
Quacker

Quacker owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I generally carry only one pod with me on the rec ball field, but I've been known to give it to players who need it. In my neck of the woods, if you give someone paint, they'll often come back and try to repay you with a pod. If they're grown up, I'll take it. If they're a kid, I just write it off and let them have it.

I am also pleased to see that so many other paintballers feel the same way about panhandling that I do. It's disgusting and unseemly and I never give paint to someone who has the audacity to beg for it.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:50 PM #77
M6Dean

M6Dean owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
M6Dean has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
M6Dean has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
it was either the first or second time playing, me and my friend were starting to pack up as we were out of paint. a few guys there wanted us to keep playing with them and they gave us a bag. i will always remember that. whenever im playing and i hear a guy say im out of paint, i will most likely offer him a pod, and usually they will fill it back up after the game. but if someone asked for paint after a game in the safe area, it sounds like "im too cheap to buy more, lets try to get some for free"
M6Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:05 PM #78
XRidgelinerX
Old Guy and IYAOYAS

Paint giveaways

I've given paint away often. Teammate in need. Newb who's gonna quit cause he's out. Left over at the end of my day. But all of these are when I want to.

At the Spring West Point Combat Classic, a little teen, in a full speedball outfit, who I have never met, yells to me during a battle, "hey give me a POD". First I ignore him. He tries again. No please, no explanation why he's out, no offer to return it. Nothing, just, "Give me a POD".

When I say, "I don't think so", he calls me an a-hole and runs away! I wanted to smack the little snot.

I'm blessed, and can afford plenty of paint, but at $70 for a case of 2000, if I'm doing the math right, a 140 round POD is about $5. Who walks up to strangers and says "give me five dollars"?

Last edited by XRidgelinerX : 07-23-2012 at 01:14 PM.
XRidgelinerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:27 PM #79
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Soul06 supports Ninja Paintball
Give away paint that I paid for??? ONLY if we are in a game and they need some to stay in the game and keep playing to help our side win. But past that, Hell No! I pay for my paint like everyone else there. Why should I give you mine because you wasted all of yours?

Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA - SC Village, CA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:20 PM #80
Yeti813

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRidgelinerX View Post

At the Spring West Point Combat Classic, a little teen, in a full speedball outfit, who I have never met, yells to me during a battle, "hey give me a POD". First I ignore him. He tries again. No please, no explanation why he's out, no offer to return it. Nothing, just, "Give me a POD".

When I say, "I don't think so", he calls me an a-hole and runs away! I wanted to smack the little snot.
I would have given him paint, but it would of come out of my barrel not a pod. I rarely give paint to people I don't know, and even when I do give paint its not much. I mainly play pump and use 50rd pods.
Yeti813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:15 PM #81
slipknotballer332

slipknotballer332 supports Pev's Paintball
slipknotballer332 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
slipknotballer332 is attending Decay of Nations VI
i usualy dont but one time it was a 10 year olds birthdayand he was there with his dad. he was opening his present from his dad and it was a spyder mr1, when to the chrono range to test it out i ran over, put a bag of paint next to the box, got a post it note and wrote happy birthday on it. the look on his face when he asked his dad if he bought it and his dad said no was pricless. his dad caught up to me later and said thankyou and tryed to pay me for it and i told him the only pay you need to give me is cherish the memory and keep playing paintball with your son. that little 10 year old is now 14 and plays snake for my team
slipknotballer332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:23 PM #82
GirlOfDestruction
Vincere Aut Mori

GirlOfDestruction has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GirlOfDestruction has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GirlOfDestruction has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
For me, I generally use all of my paint. But if I have paint left over, I usually just split it up between whoever is left playing when I leave. That way I have less to carry.
Waco Texas
Monthly PMS Apocalypse All Girl Day
GirlOfDestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:59 AM #83
TwistedFreak (Banned)

TwistedFreak is playing at Living Legends V
TwistedFreak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TwistedFreak has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ill throw em a handful if they are just chilling there. but if they are up front with me and i need the help than **** ill give em what they need
TwistedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:17 AM #84
vXv_ParadoX_vXv
Awwww yeah!

vXv_ParadoX_vXv is playing at Living Legends VI
vXv_ParadoX_vXv has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vXv_ParadoX_vXv has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
When I was around 12 I went paintballing for the first time. Towards the end of the day, some guy who was leaving gave me his leftover bag which got me and my friend another last minute match which turned out to be the funnest game of the day. Random dude from a long time ago, thank you I'll always remember that and I try to give smaller rental kids paint whenever I don't need it. Just because I know firsthand what that small gesture can do to a beginning paintballer. That guy probably doesn't even remember me but I'll never forget
vXv_ParadoX_vXv is offline   Reply With Quote