Advertisement
Old 09-03-2009, 09:23 AM #44
ILUV2BALL!
Lite Bright

ILUV2BALL! plays in the USPL
ILUV2BALL! plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
ILUV2BALL! plays in the APPA D4 division
great event, refs, and staff. pev's is nice but i wasnt feelin the long walk to the pits. maybe go to OACC next year. they have more parking, and fields. plus many divisional teams call it home and the arsenal pro line like to stop by. Baltimore Open next season at OACC? you have my vote

Legends
The Playground

RIP CRIMS PLEX.
Where East Coast Paintball Was Born
Old 09-03-2009, 09:46 AM #45
freeXbird
SUNS OUT GUNS OUT

has been a member for 10 years
freeXbird plays in the USPL
freeXbird supports Cereal Killerz 2
freeXbird plays in the APPA beginner division
Pevs was great. IDK what your talking about it being a long walk to the pits? and the parking was just fine, one of the best organized large events ive ever been to. What else i noticed, the food is REASONABLE! i mean most places you go to you pay crazy ammounts of money for food and stuff it was good to not get bent over the counter at pevs!. AND! bought a pair of C8 DYE pants for HALF off! good deals all around guys. Almost fell for the rotor and free jersey but just couldn't afford it.
NEW YORK EVIL NAPL 11'
HORNETS NEST RUBBER DUCKIES
Old 09-03-2009, 10:23 AM #46
dj red dog

dj red dog plays in the APPA D5 division
"Security" at the VIP Parking gate was awesome. I tried several times to get by them using bribes(free beer and food) and bull$hit stories(I was a vendor selling Mountain Dew out of my cooler) and I also had a laminated "field pass" from another field and the guy looked hard at it and thought long about it but finally noticed the logo wasn't PEVS. Props to keeping things on lock down there!!!

Since this was my first national event for me and my boys we had no expectations, but in the end everything was good. The center court bleachers had one hell of a "lean on". Saw some people stumble on them for that very reason. Try and get those level for next event.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:11 AM #47
derder Joe
DirtNap.com

derder Joe plays in the PSP
derder Joe posts videos on PbNation
derder Joe is an NCPA player
derder Joe is an NCPA National Champion
venue was nice. tradeshow was a lil small. team attendance was nice! and overall reffing was near flawless. only concern was one young and particularly unexperienced reff that made some lousy calls including a horrifying one on me. shoot a guy over the car wash, come back down sayin get out and start shooting somewere else. 5 seconds later the guy bunkers me with the hits still on him, i turn and flip out of course because theres a reff right there. the player immediatly calls himself out after he gets me too. i yell to keep me in(he shoulda got a 3 for 1), and the reff gives me a 1 for 1 and pulls my guy. i even go to calmly argue it after the game and nothing is done about it. the reffs only justification is "i dont know". nice call.

Positivity, belief in yourself, and commiting to your Dream will take you anywhere you imagine. Manifest your Destiny
Old 09-03-2009, 12:07 PM #48
dreizzle

great event thanks pev!
Old 09-03-2009, 12:56 PM #49
(o)nxtkid
Custom User Title.

(o)nxtkid plays in the USPL
(o)nxtkid plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by derder Joe View Post
venue was nice. tradeshow was a lil small. team attendance was nice! and overall reffing was near flawless. only concern was one young and particularly unexperienced reff that made some lousy calls including a horrifying one on me. shoot a guy over the car wash, come back down sayin get out and start shooting somewere else. 5 seconds later the guy bunkers me with the hits still on him, i turn and flip out of course because theres a reff right there. the player immediatly calls himself out after he gets me too. i yell to keep me in(he shoulda got a 3 for 1), and the reff gives me a 1 for 1 and pulls my guy. i even go to calmly argue it after the game and nothing is done about it. the reffs only justification is "i dont know". nice call.
I agree some refs had some questionable calls for my team too. My guy goes to do a guy in the snake and jumps back over to the 50doritio, the snake player turns back around and shoots my guy out. . . keep in mind he still has the 3 shots on his head/back area... that's cool But other then that it was a great event overall, I loved everything about it and will be back again for next years DC
Old 09-03-2009, 02:10 PM #50
P4IN7 B4LLS
FARSIDE KIDS // HELLCATS

P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the USPL
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the PSP
P4IN7 B4LLS is an NCPA player
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the APPA D4 division
awesome event. although it was VERY small in terms of teams and vendors, it was very well organized and was probably the best ran and most efficient national tournament i've ever been to. all of the reffing staff did a great job and i'm really looking forward to a bigger and better one next season. we need events like these to rebuild the tournament scene, and pevs/nppl did an amazing job.

FEEDBACK / 100% Positive
Old 09-03-2009, 05:52 PM #51
ArsenalPB

ArsenalPB is a Professional paintball player
I had a blast and was very proud of the job that was done. One of the best events yet. Thx
Old 09-03-2009, 06:02 PM #52
Ego0813
Living for Sunday

Ego0813 plays in the PSP
Ego0813 helped look for balloons
Ego0813 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ego0813 plays in the APPA D5 division
I didn't play the event but i was there as a spectator and feel it was very well run and a great venue, nice and close to home. Hope to see it back again sometime!!! Vender village was rather small but the economy is **** so it is pretty easy to see why. Well better run then ANY PSP event i have been to.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:08 AM #53
seagreg1
I <3 Safety Meetings(>")>

seagreg1 plays in the USPL
seagreg1 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
seagreg1 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUV2BALL! View Post
great event, refs, and staff. pev's is nice but i wasnt feelin the long walk to the pits. maybe go to OACC next year. they have more parking, and fields. plus many divisional teams call it home and the arsenal pro line like to stop by. Baltimore Open next season at OACC? you have my vote
yea no thats not gonna happen. pevs is my local field and idk what your talking baout. after playing on turf i would never play on grass again...
Old 09-04-2009, 07:46 AM #54
stevebski
&lt; Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeXbird View Post
What else i noticed, the food is REASONABLE! i mean most places you go to you pay crazy ammounts of money for food and stuff it was good to not get bent over the counter at pevs!
This is a trend that needs to spread

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreg1 View Post
after playing on turf i would never play on grass again...
We just need to get OACC to put turf in. Lol. This event was held at a great location, the venue was great IMO. Only things I would change would be venting the septic system away from the bleachers as opposed to into the bleachers and I'd add a VIP platform on the carwash side of the field on CC as well. When the Hooters girls showed up, the VIP tent was crammed to the point you couldn't even see the field. Splitting it between two platforms would've definitely taken that issue away, plus it would've been nice to get a look at the action on the carwash side as well. It didn't even bother me to the point of this being a complaint. I just walked down to the net to watch when the VIP section filled up and stood upwind of the septic vents.

Last edited by stevebski : 09-04-2009 at 08:11 AM. Reason: "when they hooters girls" makes zero sense.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:02 AM #55
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
They won't put in bleachers or VIP on the other side. Those are the pits for the players. No tourney allows spectators on that side of the field.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:28 AM #56
P4IN7 B4LLS
FARSIDE KIDS // HELLCATS

P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the USPL
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the PSP
P4IN7 B4LLS is an NCPA player
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the APPA D4 division
the vip section needs a full bar and keg like the old days!

FEEDBACK / 100% Positive
Old 09-04-2009, 08:50 AM #57
Vb_Balla
<3 EOT

Vb_Balla helped look for balloons
Vb_Balla owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i had a great time at pevs was a wonderful event

makes me want to go to pevs now the vip booth was awesome

im playin next year
Old 09-04-2009, 09:21 AM #58
RathXU
Arsenal Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4IN7 B4LLS View Post
the vip section needs a full bar and keg like the old days!

This man speaks the truth.

RIP Crimsplex

Myspace
Old 09-04-2009, 09:58 AM #59
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Pevs is going for a wholesome family image. I think it's doubtful they'd allow alchohol to be sold there.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:07 AM #60
PBkilla302
DEVOTION (Cooter) 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebski View Post
This is a trend that needs to spread

We just need to get OACC to put turf in. Lol. This event was held at a great location, the venue was great IMO. Only things I would change would be venting the septic system away from the bleachers as opposed to into the bleachers and I'd add a VIP platform on the carwash side of the field on CC as well. When the Hooters girls showed up, the VIP tent was crammed to the point you couldn't even see the field. Splitting it between two platforms would've definitely taken that issue away, plus it would've been nice to get a look at the action on the carwash side as well. It didn't even bother me to the point of this being a complaint. I just walked down to the net to watch when the VIP section filled up and stood upwind of the septic vents.
im pretty sure OACC is working on 2 turf fields not sure on when they will be done, i just think it would be good for the sport to move the event around to get more intrest from different states/region
OACC Paintball

2009 NPPL DC Challenge Champs & 2009 NPPL Eastern Conference Champs