ProMod
Gun Tech

has been a member for 10 years
ProMod owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ProMod is an NCPA player
ProMod supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgallo View Post
I'm having a similar problem. I get a handful of breaks every time I go out. Not ever 10-15 shots....more like 1 in 100...but still enough to be annoying. And it even happens just firing a single shot sometimes.

It got me thinking.....detents to stiff? just a thought
What paint are you guys using? I'm literally putting cases of paint through my marker without any internal breaks/chops/etc.

Anti-chop precautions:

~ Eye mode and process both set to STD
~ Bolt return should be 25-35, preferably on the high-side.
~ Breech delay should 6ms; no more, no less.
~ make sure you're using a low-force fed loader (if you have a rotor: take the motor tray out and next to the button there will be two adjustable screws. The bigger one on the right adjusts tension. loosen it by a full turn (or more). Stock settings on a Z2 or Prophecy should be fine. Pinokios always work, but are fugly.)
~Make sure you're running a lower input pressure and higher dwell. There's no reason to run the shortest dwell possible. My marker will first fire quietly at 8ms and then fully at 9ms, but I have my dwell at 11 to prevent FSDO and short-stroking.
~ Make sure your barrels are clean (this should be a no-duh sort of point, but swabbing a barrel doesn't count as cleaning it. Run HOT water through the barrel and then follow that with a paper towel or microfiber to dry it off.)
~ Make sure your detents move freely. People look at me like I'm crazy, but I often pop-out my detents, clean the spring/piston and then lube them with gunsav.
~ For the love of god, you don't need to use uncapped semi. If you want uncapped semi, just set the ROF Cap to 20. On most boards, capped rates of fire force an average timeout based upon your dwell, breech delay, bolt delay, etc. instead of a min value that we all enter in our settings. This lets the marker fire more consistently when capped and prevents breaks.
~I'll think of something else in a minute and fill this line....
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
"...Looks Like A...." earns you an instant NEWBIE tag. Don't be a newbie.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2012, 03:34 PM #569
EliteDM9Assassin
UNITED

EliteDM9Assassin is a Paintball photographer
EliteDM9Assassin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
EliteDM9Assassin plays in the APPA D5 division
Yea I have tried various types of paint only time I broke a ball is when I under bored and broke in barrel other then that my settings are just like the above post and gun shoots flawlessly
United #30
Elite Images

Old 10-11-2012, 05:09 PM #570
Silencio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDM9Assassin View Post
Yea I have tried various types of paint only time I broke a ball is when I under bored and broke in barrel other then that my settings are just like the above post and gun shoots flawlessly
Same here. Only break I have had was this last weekend shooting some crappy Fate. It was inconsistent and averaged at the .693 bore. I should have played it safe and used the .697 bore.

I rebored the paint later and it was big in the .697

And yes, I was one of the people saying that the bigger bores were worthless.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:41 PM #571
H4ZE
Fast Shots Photo

H4ZE plays in the PSP
H4ZE plays in the MiLP
H4ZE owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
H4ZE owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
H4ZE owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Well now not only is it breaking paint like mad but it started leaking air as soon as it's aired up from between the frame and the body. It's not a bad leak but I can hear it. I changed the two small o-rings and it didn't help. It stops leaking as soon as I turn off the ASA (pressure still in the gun)
I sent Ken a message and ask if I could just send it to him and see if he can figure it all out for me.

Ga. Lucky CharmZ #75

Click here to see
►►My 290+100% Ebay feedback◄◄

Click here to see►►H4ZE's past & present collection◄◄
Old 10-11-2012, 09:51 PM #572
ProMod
Gun Tech

ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4ZE View Post
Well now not only is it breaking paint like mad but it started leaking air as soon as it's aired up from between the frame and the body. It's not a bad leak but I can hear it. I changed the two small o-rings and it didn't help. It stops leaking as soon as I turn off the ASA (pressure still in the gun)
I sent Ken a message and ask if I could just send it to him and see if he can figure it all out for me.

No worries, Ken is the man. He'll get it working for sure.
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:01 PM #573
tgallo

tgallo is a founding member
tgallo supports DLX Technology
tgallo supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMod View Post
What paint are you guys using? I'm literally putting cases of paint through my marker without any internal breaks/chops/etc.
I have used various paints with the same results. I want to tinker some more before I decide to send it away to be looked at or give up on it.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:08 AM #574
ProMod
Gun Tech

ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgallo View Post
I have used various paints with the same results. I want to tinker some more before I decide to send it away to be looked at or give up on it.
If you can't figure out what's causing it, I'd be more than happy to take a look at it, or Ken can always whip it into shape.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:44 AM #575
ProMod
Gun Tech

ProMod is an NCPA player
Good news everyone!

Well, actually AMAZING news:

Bryon Benini (yes, Ironman Legend and former DYE VP) just announced that he has joined up with Machine Paintball!

source: TheFordReport.com
Old 10-12-2012, 01:28 PM #576
Cthulhu24
Heavy Artillery

Cthulhu24 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cthulhu24 supports DLX Technology
I'm Thinking about picking up a Machine Vapor for the off season. Right now i have a 68/4500 Ninja tank with the pro regulator. I was reading through the manual and it says ONLY A LOW PRESSURE TANK. So what kind of tank would you guys recommend or will I be ok with the tank i have now?
Old 10-12-2012, 01:42 PM #577
ProMod
Gun Tech

ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu24 View Post
I'm Thinking about picking up a Machine Vapor for the off season. Right now i have a 68/4500 Ninja tank with the pro regulator. I was reading through the manual and it says ONLY A LOW PRESSURE TANK. So what kind of tank would you guys recommend or will I be ok with the tank i have now?
I have the exact same tank reg that you do. I just pulled out all of the shims to get the output pressure to 440.

anything between 350 and 600 will work, 450 range is perfect.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:02 PM #578
Cthulhu24
Heavy Artillery

Quote:
I have the exact same tank reg that you do. I just pulled out all of the shims to get the output pressure to 440.

anything between 350 and 600 will work, 450 range is perfect.
Ok because I'm shooting a Geo 3 right now and i have 3 silver shims in. Would you happen to know how much the pressure output on my tank is?
Old 10-12-2012, 02:05 PM #579
ProMod
Gun Tech

ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Ok because I'm shooting a Geo 3 right now and i have 3 silver shims in. Would you happen to know how much the pressure output on my tank is?
stock (3 large, or 2 large and a few thin) is 800 PSI. You can remove all of those large shims and it'll still work with your GEO3 and the Vapor.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:10 PM #580
Cthulhu24
Heavy Artillery

Quote:
stock (3 large, or 2 large and a few thin) is 800 PSI. You can remove all of those large shims and it'll still work with your GEO3 and the Vapor.
I know the thin shims are silver and the large are red correct?
Old 10-12-2012, 03:48 PM #581
npark1616
Random Bandit

npark1616 is playing at Living Legends VII
npark1616 plays in the APPA beginner division
npark1616 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
So hear is my only gripe with Machine right now. I emailed their sales department just over 3 weeks ago about purchasing the small bore kit or individual backs since the Vapor I purchased came with the large bore kit. Within 3 hours I received a response asking what color and what back sizes was I looking for and I responded accordingly and even thanked them for responding so quickly. I have also attempted to contact them several times with no additional responses. Now to me this is basic customer service and even if the kit/bore sizes I have asked about are currently unavailable I would think Machine would still want to respond and answer instead of making it seem as though their customer service department is completely lacking. Its kind of frustrating to have a marker that costs so much yet a basic customer service request essentially goes unanswered by the company.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:21 PM #582
ProMod
Gun Tech

ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
I know the thin shims are silver and the large are red correct?
Correct. You can leave the thin shims in there, as they're for fine-tuning the pressure, while the large red shims are there for major pressure changes (IE from 800 to 600 to 450)

Quote:
Originally Posted by npark1616 View Post
...emailed their sales department just over 3 weeks ago about purchasing the small bore kit or individual backs since the Vapor I purchased came with the large bore kit. Within 3 hours I received a response asking what color and what back sizes was I looking for and I responded accordingly and even thanked them for responding so quickly. I have also attempted to contact them several times with no additional responses....
I'm not sure if machine is making a separate small-bore kit; I'd contact Tech@MachinePaintball.com or Drew@Machinepaintball.com to see if Ken or Andy can check on it.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:43 PM #583
npark1616
Random Bandit

Quote:
Correct. You can leave the thin shims in there, as they're for fine-tuning the pressure, while the large red shims are there for major pressure changes (IE from 800 to 600 to 450)

I'm not sure if machine is making a separate small-bore kit; I'd contact Tech@MachinePaintball.com or Drew@Machinepaintball.com to see if Ken or Andy can check on it.
He finally got back to me this afternoon. I just wanted to be able to get my hands on the matching small bore kit that seems to be shipping with some of the newer Vapors coming out as mine came with the large kit that at his smallest was a .685 and the largest was .697. As of right now I cant get it but hopefully they will have it sometime in the near future. My main thing is with paint being so small the largest bore I ever use is .685 and since I dont live in an area that gets ridiculously cold in the winter there is no reason to have any larger than that.

Just kind of sucks to have to use my freak kit to get a good paint to bore match when they are selling the Vapors with a kit that would work perfectly for me and I unfortunately got the larger kit.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:05 PM #584
ProMod
Gun Tech

ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
He finally got back to me this afternoon...I unfortunately got the larger kit.
Gotcha. With Machine it seems like you just need to pull the right strings and they'll get back to you ASAP.

As for the bores, I really like having a large bore for tourneys. Paint swells way too fast in the heat

Small bore would be beneficial playing around northern NJ where paint bores .674, but I shoot a sly for local play anyway and the TechT kit I use goes down to ungodly small sizes.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:16 PM #585
npark1616
Random Bandit

Quote:
Gotcha. With Machine it seems like you just need to pull the right strings and they'll get back to you ASAP.

As for the bores, I really like having a large bore for tourneys. Paint swells way too fast in the heat

Small bore would be beneficial playing around northern NJ where paint bores .674, but I shoot a sly for local play anyway and the TechT kit I use goes down to ungodly small sizes.
Paint here in the San Francisco Bay Area runs around .679 and .683. In the mornings during the winter when its in the 40's before the sun comes out and warms things up is when I will step up to a .685, its also relatively dry here so we dont have the swelling of paint like you would have in your area or like I did when I lived in Kansas City. That is why I was looking for the small bore kit to go along more so with the paint sizes we have here with the weather conditions. Guess I'm pretty much stuck with using the .685 or switching to my Freak Kit and Deadlywind barrel until Machine allows us to purchase the smaller bores.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:28 PM #586
liverlip

Quote:
Paint here in the San Francisco Bay Area runs around .679 and .683. In the mornings during the winter when its in the 40's before the sun comes out and warms things up is when I will step up to a .685, its also relatively dry here so we dont have the swelling of paint like you would have in your area or like I did when I lived in Kansas City. That is why I was looking for the small bore kit to go along more so with the paint sizes we have here with the weather conditions. Guess I'm pretty much stuck with using the .685 or switching to my Freak Kit and Deadlywind barrel until Machine allows us to purchase the smaller bores.
What about having one of your least/never used backs (probably the biggest one) bored out to accept Freak inserts? There is a guy on MCB that does it and the price is very reasonable.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
Old 10-12-2012, 10:59 PM #587
Automatic Thrill

Automatic Thrill owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Automatic Thrill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Automatic Thrill is for the Gunfight
Automatic Thrill owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlip View Post
What about having one of your least/never used backs (probably the biggest one) bored out to accept Freak inserts? There is a guy on MCB that does it and the price is very reasonable.
^^^ This. Plus it gives you the option to size the barrel to what you need.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:09 PM #588
polen21

Question for you folks. If I buy a vapor used that is already registered is there any way I can change the registration to me?