PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-14-2006, 10:13 AM #1
Sqshmn14

right size

i dont know much about hpa tanks and i was wondering what is the size diff. between 3k and 4500 psi tanks? i dont have a pro shop near me and when i buy one itll prolly be from off the internet. and am not sure what size i should have...i usually shoot about 1k balls in a day when we play (yes im conservative) so if there are any suggestions about appropriate tank sizes or w/e recommendations you can give me that would be great!

also EXTREMELY noob question here...how do hpa tanks get refilled? i read that you dont even need to take the tank off the gun to refill it....i know, i know, some of you are rolling your eyes but help would be appreciated!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2006, 11:32 AM #2
alk1979

I take it you are rec player like myself so here is what I would suggest.
First you need a place that offers hpa fills. Once you have this I would suggest getting a scuba tank for bulk storage. If you are filling from a scuba you will only get a max fill of 3000psi so a 4500psi tank would be a waste.I use a 48/3000 tank on my gun and with a 2000 psi fill I get about 300 shots.If you need more shots then that I would suggest a 72/3000 ran from remote. But with a scuba setting there you can refill every round if needed.

Check the links in the upper right side of this site its pretty helpful. http://www.scubatoys.com/store/Paintball_Tanks.asp
Old 05-14-2006, 12:05 PM #3
ZDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqshmn14
i dont know much about hpa tanks and i was wondering what is the size diff. between 3k and 4500 psi tanks? i dont have a pro shop near me and when i buy one itll prolly be from off the internet. and am not sure what size i should have...i usually shoot about 1k balls in a day when we play (yes im conservative) so if there are any suggestions about appropriate tank sizes or w/e recommendations you can give me that would be great!

A 68/45 gets ~1400 shots off every gun on the market, give or take 200. More than enough for you.

Quote:
also EXTREMELY noob question here...how do hpa tanks get refilled? i read that you dont even need to take the tank off the gun to refill it....i know, i know, some of you are rolling your eyes but help would be appreciated!
There is what's called a "fill nipple". Basically it's this little connector on the regulator that you just plug the fill station into and it fills it.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:01 PM #4
dye_paintball_kid05
Byahhhh!

has been a member for 10 years
Well a good estimate for the size difference is that you multiply 15 x the cubic inch if it's a 4500 PSI tank. So say if you had a 68/4500, you would multiply 15 x 68, which is like 1000. The rule for a 3000 PSI tank is that you multiply 10 times the cubic inch. So if you have a 68/3000 tank you multiply 10 x 68. Which is 680. This is only an estimate, you could get upgrades for better efficieny like a QEV or something. If you live so far away from a fill station, I would either get a scuba tank, or just don't bother, until you start playing at a field with N2 fills.

If you have anymore questions pm me.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:42 PM #5
Sqshmn14

well there is a field that fills air tanks like 15 min. away from me so thats no biggy, its just that i hear that size of tank plays a role in your comfort and was wondering how big say a 68/4500 tank is compared to a say 20 oz co2 tank...sorry if im being a little vague its just my knowlege on this topic is extremely limited..thanks a lot
Old 05-14-2006, 08:06 PM #6
dye_paintball_kid05
Byahhhh!

has been a member for 10 years
Well it will probably be little bigger, and it will have rounded end. Make sure to get a carbonfiber wrapped, or something light like that.