Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-28-2008, 03:00 PM #1
Bonehead77777
Its what we do

has been a member for 10 years
Bonehead77777 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Possibly new kind of Crossfire tanks?

i looked on the crossfire site and it showed that theres a new kind of tank coming out but it doesnt say much about it. anyone know anything?
Bonehead77777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2008, 03:04 PM #2
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

They have started making their own tanks. Thats probably what it was.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Dyoel182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:51 PM #3
unloaded

I saw the teaser too. "All tanks can hold air but....." Something like that, I was wondering what they are up to myself.

peace.
unloaded
unloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:24 PM #4
chris@CrossFire

chris@CrossFire works for a Paintball manufacturer
There is something new on the way. These tanks are the same as they have been since day one. These tanks were used for other applications and found their way to paintball. "We" found a way to do something different to the tanks that "WE" make. We are listening and watching what you all do. Since you are our business we are going to mix it up a little and probably allot.
So I don't get in trouble, you heard it first at pbnation.com . I'll still get in trouble

CrossFire only makes 5 YEAR HYDRO CARBON FIBER TANKS. No more guessing or finding out you got a glass 3 year bottle. You can TRUST CrossFire Hydro to know everything about your bottle and keep you in the game.
chris@CrossFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:07 PM #5
p.a.i.n.t.balla

p.a.i.n.t.balla owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
any approx release date chris? like april? next month..

Let us know!!!!
p.a.i.n.t.balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:59 AM #6
chris@CrossFire

It's ready now. Just working on some advertising.

CrossFire only makes 5 YEAR HYDRO CARBON FIBER TANKS. No more guessing or finding out you got a glass 3 year bottle. You can TRUST CrossFire Hydro to know everything about your bottle and keep you in the game.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:23 AM #7
Bloodangel13

Bloodangel13 helped look for balloons
Bloodangel13 is playing at Living Legends III
hmm interesting. too bad i just got a tank from yall at cup.

Chris, Your signature is a little outdated =p

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.
Bloodangel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:31 PM #8
tippmannsniper14

Ok guys, feel free to flame me and call me crazy but I think I may have an idea of what crossfire is trying to do. ( looks around suspiciously )I think crossfire may have invented the world's first self replenishing tank. Thats right you heard me. You don't have anything in your ears. I actually think that crossfire may have invented the first tank with a built in air compressor to fill the gun with air after every shot. This would be hard to do considering that guns go very fast nowadays but I think it may be possible. Like I said call me crazy, but if I nail this one on the head you all must bow down to my awesome pyshcic ability.

Tuba playing is not a hobby, it's a passion

I was doing my usual thing at the field, you know, marching around barking orders. Then one day a good friend of mine told me " You know who you remind me of dude? The Master Chief !!" I swear that was the proudest day of my life.
tippmannsniper14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:36 PM #9
Bloodangel13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippmannsniper14 View Post
Ok guys, feel free to flame me and call me crazy but I think I may have an idea of what crossfire is trying to do. ( looks around suspiciously )I think crossfire may have invented the world's first self replenishing tank. Thats right you heard me. You don't have anything in your ears. I actually think that crossfire may have invented the first tank with a built in air compressor to fill the gun with air after every shot. This would be hard to do considering that guns go very fast nowadays but I think it may be possible. Like I said call me crazy, but if I nail this one on the head you all must bow down to my awesome pyshcic ability.
you know how unbelivably heavy and big hat would be?!?!?!

Old 01-31-2008, 05:45 PM #10
tippmannsniper14

Crossfire has pulled off some engineering marvels in the past and I don't see any reason why they couldn't do it again. And I'm sure you've seen the giant 118/45 tanks; I'm sure you could fit a compressor in that shell, maybe even in half that size a shell. I'm serious dude you shouldn't underestimate Crossfire.

I was doing my usual thing at the field, you know, marching around barking orders. Then one day a good friend of mine told me " You know who you remind me of dude? The Master Chief !!" I swear that was the proudest day of my life.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:11 PM #11
Bloodangel13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippmannsniper14 View Post
Crossfire has pulled off some engineering marvels in the past and I don't see any reason why they couldn't do it again. And I'm sure you've seen the giant 118/45 tanks; I'm sure you could fit a compressor in that shell, maybe even in half that size a shell. I'm serious dude you shouldn't underestimate Crossfire.
once you put that in... there ownt be any room for air... you will need a constant supply of air... with recharge of about 6ms.... an aircompressor barly works for that.... you will need 300psi ready to go each time you shoot.... witch means it will be running constantly... also how iwll it work... plug it into a wall?!?!?! or have to carry a gas cna around?!?!?! good thought but it aint it =p

Old 01-31-2008, 06:28 PM #12
tippmannsniper14

Feeling a bit pessimistic Blood Angel ? Like I said dude I have no idea how this would work, but hopefully Crossfire will come through for us. And even if my guess is completely off, I'm sure crossfire has got something else good up their sleeves for us. After all why would they post an add and not even tell us what is in store on their website? They have got to be planning something good.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:49 PM #13
#14 Excal

Im in the market for a new tank since Hydrodude.com stole my 2 tanks that I sent in for testing. Any idea when I can purchase these new crossfire tanks?
#14 Excal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:15 PM #14
Bloodangel13

Quote:
Originally Posted by #14 Excal View Post
Im in the market for a new tank since Hydrodude.com stole my 2 tanks that I sent in for testing. Any idea when I can purchase these new crossfire tanks?
woooow dood. you sure they stole em? and no.... they havnt tol dus anything yet.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:53 PM #15
rammstein_5v2
Idontfeelanditfeelsgreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by #14 Excal View Post
Are you sure they didnt just fail?

How consistent
How can someone so consistently mess up as much as
Every instance
How can someone inconsistent mess up so consistently
rammstein_5v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:06 PM #16
mandhfire

did you call them.
mandhfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:31 PM #17
djsaint317
Thanks Jay

djsaint317 plays in the MiLP
djsaint317 plays in the APPA beginner division
even if they fail they are suposed to send them back "punctured" arent they? the regs would still be good.

wow that was way off topic so i guess ill say...

i love crossfire have used them for years. i still think thier regs are the best in the biz. so i cant wait to see what they have got instore for us. but im gonna say i doubt it is a self compressing tank

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=329069
djsaint317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:44 PM #18
#14 Excal

Sent in the tanks which was used about 3 times; didnt get to play much with work and everything. 3 to 4 weeks with no response from them to my emails and calls. Got an email saying sorry that they were away for the holidays and they will get to it asap. Not playing right now anyway so I said no problem. 3 to 4 weeks later and no response to emails and calls. When they did finally email me they stated one of the tanks failed and both tanks will be sent back to me the next day. 2 to 3 weeks later no tank and when they finally got back to me they had no trackiing number for the package.
#14 Excal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:55 AM #19
unloaded

There's not a whole lot I can think of to change on a tank. Maybe make it lighter, more fiber and less metal. Composites keep getting better. Maybe up the pressure rating, how big would a tank have to be if it could hold 10,000 psi? Half the size for same shots! Of course finding a place to fill it would be a pain. The whole point of teasers is to create buzz and wild speculation. Why isn't anybody taking stabs at what they think or hope it might be? Is it because the compressor in a tank idea is sooo far over the top? I wanna hear other people guessing. Then we can look back on it and laugh coz we were all wrong.

peace.
unloaded
unloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:34 AM #20
chris@CrossFire

Good try. NO.
They are ready now but probably will not come out till 3rd week in Feb. There are a few being tested by teams right now just to get feed back and responses. Some of you might see them if you are playing this weekend.
I like our new banner we will have running today on here and other places.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:09 PM #21
djsaint317
Thanks Jay

djsaint317 plays in the MiLP
djsaint317 plays in the APPA beginner division
please tell me you have molded the tank into fun shapes! i dont know about every one else but im getting kind of tired of the same old "egg" shaped tank. maybe we could get somthing in the shape of a star or a peace sign(i hear those are gonna be making a strong comeback soon).

as for a 10,000psi tank, i dont think i could play with a tank the size of a tennis ball with the explosive potential of an rpg.

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=329069
djsaint317 is offline   Reply With Quote