Old 12-10-2008, 02:48 PM #1
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
CA - The Paintball Zone Discussion

This thread was automatically created for discussion about The Paintball Zone. For more information about this field, or to find other fields near you, visit the The Paintball Zone listing in the PbNation Field & Store section.
SYSTEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2009, 03:17 PM #2
doomie

has been a member for 10 years
Anyone up for some trailer park paintball?
------------------------------------------------
Extreme Paintball-http://www.extremepaintball.net/

The Paintball Zone -Rest in Peace, Dave-
http://www.thepaintballzone.com
doomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:57 PM #3
TCAssassin
Woodsballer

I play there every weekend. The trailers are the most exciting, though I do enjoy crawling through the sniper trails on the other fields.
TCAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:47 AM #4
doomie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAssassin View Post
I play there every weekend. The trailers are the most exciting, though I do enjoy crawling through the sniper trails on the other fields.

Ugh, wish I could play every weekend.
------------------------------------------------
Extreme Paintball-http://www.extremepaintball.net/

The Paintball Zone -Rest in Peace, Dave-
http://www.thepaintballzone.com
doomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:05 AM #5
TCAssassin
Woodsballer

We are planning a big turnout for Saturday, Dec 12th. Be sure to come and bring lots of friends!
Tippmann A5 & X7
Tiberius 8 pistol
Old 11-30-2009, 10:54 PM #6
mntoyaz

Just played here last weekend for the first time. Several cool fields to play on. The referees were terrible and did not pay attention. Because of the refs inadequacy, I would not recommend taking younger players like I did. There were a group of commandos, throat mics, ego markers that didn't mind laying plent of paint on all walks of life including 10 year olds. For this reason, I probably won't go back. What a shame because its the coolest place that I have ever played at!
mntoyaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:21 PM #7
TCAssassin
Woodsballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntoyaz View Post
Just played here last weekend for the first time. Several cool fields to play on. The referees were terrible and did not pay attention. Because of the refs inadequacy, I would not recommend taking younger players like I did. There were a group of commandos, throat mics, ego markers that didn't mind laying plent of paint on all walks of life including 10 year olds. For this reason, I probably won't go back. What a shame because its the coolest place that I have ever played at!
Sorry that you had a bad experience. I played there that saturday and reffed on sunday. I was the guy carrying my TM15, on the first 3 fields, and my Bob Long M-tac the rest of the day. I know the guys with the Ego's. I've been playing out there with them for awhile and they are goods guys are try not to overdo it on the kids. Sometimes you just don't know who is shooting at you out there. Field 3, aka "The Trailers" can be the most brutal, as point blank shooting without warning is allowed. The refs repeat this warning several times before the we head out there and again right before we enter the field.

I play for Team Camophobia, but since our team and the guys with the Ego's were on the same color that day, we shared radio frequencies. The only time people really go after certain players out there is if they are wiping. If your wiping, your position might be relayed over the radio and some players might come after the wiper. If you were overshot (more than 3 times) by a player, your still in and the player that did the overshooting is out.

Don't be afraid to call for a ref if you see something wrong out there, that's what they are there for. Some of the fields are large with natural and man made obstacles and they can't be everywhere at once, but they honestly try. Since I sometimes volunteer as a ref there and am a responsible older adult, I try to watch out for the safety of all players out there, especially the kids.

The Paintball Zone is an awesome woodsball field and I hope your experience doesn't keep you away. It's the best field in the area. Btw, during the "Supply Train" game, I was the 'rebel' in the bunker at the end of the field that the large team was trying to get the supply box to. I took out quite a few of them before I was taken out. I knew with that many people shooting at me I was really going to get it, but hey, I volunteered for it anyways, either PM next time you want to go and I'll make sure you have fun and it's safe for the kids. Or if you see me out there, come up and introduce yourself. Here's a short video of me out there playing. Notice that the ref is carrying a chrono around his neck to spot check other players guns on the field if someone reports a 'hot gun' or the refs think you are shooting hot. I even carry my own chrono to help out other players. Also, there is a scenario game planned for Feb, should be alot of fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTDQv70Bg1M
Tippmann A5 & X7
Tiberius 8 pistol

Last edited by TCAssassin : 12-12-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:10 PM #8
dradrc

Post A Day In Remembrance

Hey this is a heads up to people in the Modesto Region. I'm from Tracy and plan on going.

A Day In Remembrance Of Dave Perguidi (1954-2010)

Dave touched the lives of thousands of paintball players over the twelve years he played and operated the Paintball Zone in Waterford, California. Join the paintball community on April 17, 2010 to celebrate Dave’s passion and life the way he would want, playing the game of paintball!!!

DATE
April 17, 2010

COST
$20 (Entry & Comp. Air or 2 CO2 fills)

TIME
Registration @ 8am, Game Starts @ 10am

FORMAT
Continuous Play – Big Game 10 Flag Stations 2 Huge Teams
Using Entire Field (40 Acres) Instant Re-Insertions

EVENT INFO
Pre-Register On-line or at the Field Rental Packages Available
Waivers can be Downloaded and Completed prior to Event
BYOP or Field Paint $38 Please Reserve Paint and Rental Packages by 4/12/10

QUESTIONS

Call: The Paintball Zone @ 209-874-4922 or www.thepaintballzone.com

jsfranscella@sbcglobal.net or troy@dragon-sport

Spyder Victor (old model)
Azodin Blitz

Callsign: Aspin
dradrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:47 PM #9
Eyetattoo

Is the field still open for business these days? Not sure with Dave passing away.

New Gun - VS2, Fasta LCD loader, 14" J&J Ceramic barrel, Crossfire 68/4500
Eyetattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:26 PM #10
gwhetzler
Bazinga!

Yes it is still open! In fact Im going this weekend bud!