Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 02:42 PM #631
DJ Bob (Banned)

when the **** is graves gonna 1v1 a carry with lw and bt?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2012, 02:48 PM #632
PBloler
I'm a...

PBloler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBloler is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bob
Did i say 1v1?
Old 11-13-2012, 04:38 PM #633
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBloler View Post
He has consistent burst throughout the game with tri force but grabes with LW and BT is scary. When graves ult is up and he lands Q > R on a carry they are dead.
Makes sense, but why do I see some straight BT builds? Or is it like ez when TF rushed was frowned upon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bob View Post
Fights around the jungle, you'd be surprised how often you can drop that Combo over a wall when in awkward engages (or at inhib towers). It still isn't often, but it happens enough to change a game completely
Old 11-13-2012, 04:50 PM #634
PBloler
I'm a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector
Makes sense, but why do I see some straight BT builds? Or is it like ez when TF rushed was frowned upon?
BT first on Corki is bad. Not all of his burst even stacks with ad so you are trading the phage/sheen/triforce proc and some more early game magic damage with sheen for a little bit more damage on rockets and autos. So triforce makes for way more burst on corki than BT first.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:43 PM #635
azhector

Quote:
BT first on Corki is bad. Not all of his burst even stacks with ad so you are trading the phage/sheen/triforce proc and some more early game magic damage with sheen for a little bit more damage on rockets and autos. So triforce makes for way more burst on corki than BT first.
I'm not saying its better, I was just curious as why some use it; I haven't played around with Corki to much to see what's better in my own experience.
Maybe it's a situational thing where you just need sustain, I don't quite know.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:49 PM #636
PBloler
I'm a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector

I'm not saying its better, I was just curious as why some use it; I haven't played around with Corki to much to see what's better in my own experience.
Maybe it's a situational thing where you just need sustain, I don't quite know.
I knew you weren't saying it was better. I'm just saying why it's not. One vamp scepter and three points into vampirism is enough sustain to get through lanning (most corkis and ez dont get dorans because they get an early phage but if they want to pursue an early lane advantage they might)
Old 11-13-2012, 08:35 PM #637
Richard Keane

Quote:
Did i say 1v1?
if there is a teamfight and the carries are within range of each other, youre playing with retards
Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 PM #638
PBloler
I'm a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Keane

if there is a teamfight and the carries are within range of each other, youre playing with retards
You realize that graves' spells are aoe? And if leona or malph or somebody gets a nice ult off to lock up a team graves should capitalize and E in then Q R.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:01 PM #639
Richard Keane

Quote:
You realize that graves' spells are aoe? And if leona or malph or somebody gets a nice ult off to lock up a team graves should capitalize and E in then Q R.
so he can instantly die when the cc wears off?
Old 11-14-2012, 05:40 AM #640
azhector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Keane View Post
Skarner blitz crank Amu lee gragas Singed ahri urgot Ali (with flash) all have a great ability to close that gap for their entire team or atleast a valuable target. Again, fights in the jungle you'll be in range of poke sometimes, graves r has a pretty large range so that's almost always going to hit their backline. You are also excluding range difference, it you want me to believe a kog or trist won't be able to hit an adc ever in a team fight; then uninstall this game. It's going to happen with knock backs and chained CC or massive range difference
Quote:
Let's assume grave's team is a dive comp with high CC for lockdown. So champs like Leona, Amu, Olaf, malph, Orianna, morg, jax, Irelia, wukong etc. by the time the CC is over, they should have atleast one dead carry and 2 people ready to fall soon (if it's a harder dive comp or more aoe CC, this is a high understatement and pretty much every non tank will be dead before they can move) now at this point let's just say the other team burned all their cleanses and GA etc. by the time the originally burtsted champs are up, the other teammates either ran smartly from a 2/3v5 or arent in position to dive onto a carry.

So graves stayed safe this whole time, and even if their bruiser or assassin went onto grave's, he has the damage from him and an ap carry and CC to kite and kill. Keep in mind he has a dash and possibly flash too.

Last edited by azhector : 11-14-2012 at 05:42 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:41 AM #641
PBloler
I'm a...

Quote:

Yes of course I meant E literally on top of them and his team won't be anywhere insight. It would just be 2v5, you're right.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:02 PM #642
Richard Keane

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector View Post

Let's assume grave's team is a dive comp with high CC for lockdown. So champs like Leona, Amu, Olaf, malph, Orianna, morg, jax, Irelia, wukong etc. by the time the CC is over, they should have atleast one dead carry and 2 people ready to fall soon (if it's a harder dive comp or more aoe CC, this is a high understatement and pretty much every non tank will be dead before they can move) now at this point let's just say the other team burned all their cleanses and GA etc. by the time the originally burtsted champs are up, the other teammates either ran smartly from a 2/3v5 or arent in position to dive onto a carry.

So graves stayed safe this whole time, and even if their bruiser or assassin went onto grave's, he has the damage from him and an ap carry and CC to kite and kill. Keep in mind he has a dash and possibly flash too.
Yeah because these all-in AOE comps work every time and pretty much insta-gib entire teams with their initiations. That's why they always win.

There's a reason you guys are 900 elo.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:52 PM #643
PBloler
I'm a...

Quote:

Yeah because these all-in AOE comps work every time and pretty much insta-gib entire teams with their initiations. That's why they always win.

Im not 900. All in comps are high risk high reward and in order to utilize graves properly you are going to want at least one or two all in champs like malph or leona. Many pro teams run hybrid comps with high poke and good initiation. An example would be jayce, malph, lux, ez, and maybe leona or lulu at support.

The idea is to poke them down to the point where they either have to b and give up objectives or they stay and get initiated on with low hp.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:25 PM #644
azhector

Quote:

I actually tried the last 2 weeks of the season and got up to 1200 and winning like 80% of my games...

And the comps aren't necessarily insta-gibs. It's long amounts of hard CC to let your carries and bruisers do damage. If any ad/ap carry and bruiser could have any position they want for like 3-5 seconds, squishes are dead and tanks are getting some hurt by aoe, there's no way around that.
Quote:
Im not 900. All in comps are high risk high reward and in order to utilize graves properly you are going to want at least one or two all in champs like malph or leona. Many pro teams run hybrid comps with high poke and good initiation. An example would be jayce, malph, lux, ez, and maybe leona or lulu at support.

The idea is to poke them down to the point where they either have to b and give up objectives or they stay and get initiated on with low hp.
Main comp types are:dive, CC/lockdown, poke, counter engage (rare now), catching people comps, peel/protect comps (generally the "protect the kog" games, or aoe boosts/slows like anivia, Orianna, nunu, jayce etc. And winning off pure leads gained from strong laners/global objective (again rare, but champs like karth, garen, and renekton do best)

Like pbloler said though, generally you combine 2 or 3 of these comps together because most of them have obvious flaws and you don't want to show a pure aoe/CC team when you are fighting a team who can spread you out and force bad fights or take too much poke etc.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:03 PM #645
PBloler
I'm a...

Everything I know is a lie. The Season 3 changes are giving me an anxiety attack.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:25 PM #646
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

has been a member for 10 years
Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The S3 item changes look like they just tried to copy Dota. It's becoming more apparent as time passes that they're just trying to implement everything Valve has in Dota 2.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:21 AM #647
Sand6452
Pour, count, lick, stick

Sand6452 plays in the PSP
Sand6452 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sand6452 is an NCPA player
Sand6452 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBloler
Everything I know is a lie. The Season 3 changes are giving me an anxiety attack.
This. At least it makes me feel better about not knowing how to jungle.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:01 AM #648
Broseph_STallin
Stalin and Ballin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
The S3 item changes look like they just tried to copy Dota. It's becoming more apparent as time passes that they're just trying to implement everything Valve has in Dota 2.
LoL is based directly off dota, I hope they are implementing the stuff that works in dota considering this is the same game dulled down.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:02 AM #649
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

If it was based directly off dota it'd be a way more balanced game.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:17 AM #650
Broseph_STallin
Stalin and Ballin

HON is directly based off dota also and it isn't as balanced as dota. Dota's been out for something like 10 years so they have had time to work all the bugs out.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:18 AM #651
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

HoN was as balanced as Dota until S2 started adding their own heroes.
Closed Thread