Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-20-2012, 08:55 PM #64
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I just played at a local tournament a few weeks ago with my mag. but that was before the 1100 psi output . I also think we are also all forgetting the spoiled 10 year olds with minis and as much paint as they want. so yea pampered babies about sums it up. That is why anyone I EVER see using a mag, autococker, or pump instantly has my respect if they know anything about what they shoot. I enjoy speedball and whenever a few guys start acting like "my marker is electronic and brand new, so its better than yours" yet then I challenge them they either say "your gonna get wrecked with that mech man" or "thats an illegal gun" I just say its simply a harmless slow shooting and useless mechanical gun, so whats there to be afraid of? Because by default it should just be as easy as going up against rental newbs. thats when they try outshooting me, I then proceed to slowly pull the trigger of my RT effect X-valve at 1100 psi and a qloader. it gets pretty colorful
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2012, 01:34 PM #65
godraep
FapAttackV.1

godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
RT effect doesn't mean you have skill, nor can it be capped, which leads to the potential "illegal" claims by your peers. I don't think my gun is any better than yours, regardless of cost nor do I feel that anyone shooting a mechanical marker deserves more of my respect.

You shoot what you want, if you play good with it, then thats great. If you suck, you still suck regardless of whats in your hands.

As for what AGD is working on.. absolutely nothing. Tom Kaye was quoted as saying something along the lines of their being no money left in paintball, so he wont even fork out the cash to keep automags.org on track.

Mags are cool, Tom Kaye is smart.. but he stopped giving a **** about the automag and AGD when the money stopped coming in.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:52 PM #66
inmylife2415
SBPB

has been a member for 10 years
inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
inmylife2415 supports Shocker RSX
^^^^ you are 100% correct.
inmylife2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:44 PM #67
Freedy500

Quote:
Originally Posted by godraep View Post
RT effect doesn't mean you have skill, nor can it be capped, which leads to the potential "illegal" claims by your peers. I don't think my gun is any better than yours, regardless of cost nor do I feel that anyone shooting a mechanical marker deserves more of my respect.

You shoot what you want, if you play good with it, then thats great. If you suck, you still suck regardless of whats in your hands.

As for what AGD is working on.. absolutely nothing. Tom Kaye was quoted as saying something along the lines of their being no money left in paintball, so he wont even fork out the cash to keep automags.org on track.

Mags are cool, Tom Kaye is smart.. but he stopped giving a **** about the automag and AGD when the money stopped coming in.
Tom Kaye still cares for the paintball community. If he has ever doubted the life or care in the automag community he has constantly disproved himself as everyone who cares not just for their automag as a marker but for the people who were behind it along with the company. If you have any knowledge of AO then you know this. Just a few months ago AO was on the verge of collapsing into oblivion so he came to us telling us the problem, everyone who cared for paintball as a sport and AGD who had a few $$ to spare stepped up. AO was saved by the end of the month and it showed the AO community is still a community. Why are you even on this forum or even pbnation if you are going to insult the one surviving paintball company of the 80s that has brought the most innovative and revolutionary ideas and products to our community. This was all formed by people who are much smarter than you and I and have put the heart and soul into creating this sport the way it is and you say they don't give a ****! People like you make me sick. If you don't believe in paintball as a sport and you view it like a shadow then you have no right to be on forums such as this and AO.

If you cared to read that (I suppose you didn't) then that shows at least some flicker of intelligence which you should use to delete or rewrite that post you previously made as I know I am not alone on this opinion.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:03 PM #68
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Jedihippie is a Paintball photographer
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VI
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VII
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VIII
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Jedihippie has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
Just a few months ago AO was on the verge of collapsing into oblivion so he came to us telling us the problem, everyone who cared for paintball as a sport and AGD who had a few $$ to spare stepped up. AO was saved by the end of the month and it showed the AO community is still a community.
thats not exactly what happened. RTlover posted "do we need to redecorate AO" then the thread got no responses. I found the dead thread and bumped it cause I was gonna post the same thing. then it blew up from there and we asked tom if we could have some creative updates on the forum. he said that he would love to but the server was too outdated to do anything with and that one of the 2 servers had already crashed.

he said nothing about this server being ready to fail or even in dissrepair. we, as a mag community stepped up and said "tom, we want to give you money to buy a server so we can help the site out because youve done so much for us" he did say he was very proud that WE stepped up and took the responsibility ourselves
"Reminds me of the kids that bolt on exhausts, wings and vinyl cutouts onto their rice mobiles and then hate on a ground up resto rodded 69 Camaro" -OPBN
"Due to the Berzerkers rep and knowledge of Mag awesomeness, the opposing team dropped their markers and are actually out of the frame curled up in fetal positions" -OPBN... Again
Jedihippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:16 PM #69
Freedy500

Really? Either way I'm pretty sure TK doesn't think we're a worthless group of people who shoot each other for kicks and giggles. I am sad to hear that he did not alert us of the server crashing. AO will never die. I am sure if it did go down everyone would rendezvous here and make another AO. I still stongly disagree with godraep on his views on what TK thinks of us. As long as paintball is a sport then I know mags will be remembered along with Tom Kaye and everyone who has worked for AGD for their accomplishments and ingenuity.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:30 PM #70
inmylife2415
SBPB

he doesnt think we are worthless but he doesnt see himself making money off us anymore.... you do know he sold part of agd and no longer has anything to do with the day to day
Old 10-21-2012, 07:35 PM #71
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Quote:
Really? Either way I'm pretty sure TK doesn't think we're a worthless group of people who shoot each other for kicks and giggles. I am sad to hear that he did not alert us of the server crashing. AO will never die. I am sure if it did go down everyone would rendezvous here and make another AO. I still stongly disagree with godraep on his views on what TK thinks of us. As long as paintball is a sport then I know mags will be remembered along with Tom Kaye and everyone who has worked for AGD for their accomplishments and ingenuity.
the server crashed a long time ago. for all i know he could have
"Reminds me of the kids that bolt on exhausts, wings and vinyl cutouts onto their rice mobiles and then hate on a ground up resto rodded 69 Camaro" -OPBN
"Due to the Berzerkers rep and knowledge of Mag awesomeness, the opposing team dropped their markers and are actually out of the frame curled up in fetal positions" -OPBN... Again
Old 10-21-2012, 09:02 PM #72
Freedy500

I am aware he is no longer part of basic make up of AGD but I know he has an enormous and strong influence (yes I know I am stating the obvious) and any idea how long? Just for curiosity. I would feel better knowing TK would have said something about it or if they had plans to fix it. But he is in retirement after all so I really wouldn't blame him for forgetting a few things or getting use to less responsibility.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:05 PM #73
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

well the man does have other hobbies that take up alot of his time. he goes out and digs up dinosaurs and all you know

and you should just see some of the telescope parts he has laying around. he showed me a mirror for one that was 5 feet accross and must of been 1 1/2 feet thick
Old 10-21-2012, 09:32 PM #74
Freedy500

Yea I have heard he is into some pretty crazy stuff. Some difficult astronomy about finding planets in some extremely difficult and time consuming manner? and then there is that super computer forum on AO that I don't even bother reading since I know I would end up falling asleep. I didn't know he still did some paleontology here and there. I can only hope to be as smart as Tom Kaye some day. Isn't he into making some antique clocks every now and then? I am not sure about it since I haven't found any official source of his hobbies as I am not a total stalker
Old 10-21-2012, 09:32 PM #75
Flatliner333

Flatliner333 is playing at Living Legends VII
( post 68) yeah Jedi you firestarter, why the heck did you bump that thread anyway? You know I thought we were gunna have us a small scale civil war there for a minute . As for the op the only thing fairly new that TK (not AGD) developed was the shoebox that allowed people to fill their own bottles at home with the use of a small shop compressor.
Flatliner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:34 PM #76
Freedy500

I could use one of those. Thats it I am to curious. I am looking up this thread you got going Jedi.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:44 PM #77
inmylife2415
SBPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
( post 68) yeah Jedi you firestarter, why the heck did you bump that thread anyway? You know I thought we were gunna have us a small scale civil war there for a minute . As for the op the only thing fairly new that TK (not AGD) developed was the shoebox that allowed people to fill their own bottles at home with the use of a small shop compressor.
they only made like 10 tho, right?
Old 10-21-2012, 09:57 PM #78
Freedy500

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmylife2415 View Post
they only made like 10 tho, right?
noooooo. They are still in production. they just cost like $700

.http://www.shoeboxcompressor.com/ORDER2.html

I believe they are well over 1000 sold right now.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:54 PM #79
inmylife2415
SBPB

O damn, i was talking to a shop owner who said they were limited. Guess he was misinformed
Old 10-22-2012, 05:05 PM #80
Freedy500

Yea. Most people would rather buy a large scuba for much less of the price and have an instant recharge of air.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:11 PM #81
nathanjones007

Agd

I still support the company! I sent my gun in for a tune up and bought several spare parts this year! I hope they can hang around for many more years to come!

p.s. I also bought some stuff from tunaman!

Last edited by nathanjones007 : 11-29-2012 at 07:15 PM.
nathanjones007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:31 PM #82
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjones007 View Post
I still support the company! I sent my gun in for a tune up and bought several spare parts this year! I hope they can hang around for many more years to come!

p.s. I also bought some stuff from tunaman!
Just bought a ULE Body from AGD last week!
steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:34 PM #83
Freedy500

ULT, X-valve on its way if we are posting up what we bought.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:18 PM #84
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
ULT, X-valve on its way if we are posting up what we bought.
Na, more or less just showing that we still support AGD.
steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote