Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2012, 06:45 PM #212
xxdeadshotxx

xxdeadshotxx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xxdeadshotxx supports Team VICIOUS
xxdeadshotxx is for the Gunfight
xxdeadshotxx supports DLX Technology
I have a ghost 68-45 ninja tank with an ultralite reg. I was in the middle of a game firing when I noticed a leak coming from where the bonnet screws into the reg body. After a few shots the leak went away but came back. Went to fill the tank up in hopes of the leak going away and the leak is still there. Do I need to take the bonnet off and clean everything inside? Or replace everything? Is sleek or dow-33 ok to use?
Old 01-18-2012, 07:37 PM #213
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

Super69ur supports Ninja Paintball
Yes. Clean and grease it all. 33 is ok. Ninja lube is what they use.

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:56 AM #214
thegrayghost

has been a member for 10 years
for Rob: i understand the mechanic's of the Ninja SHP tank for the Retro Valve on my Mag 1100psi...i also have a Tippmann Procarbine with RT Trigger/no cyclone feed...when i rapid shoot the "carbine", i get a little trigger sticking and have to push the trigger forward, then i am good to go again...my question is, do i have the trigger sticking because of not having 950 psi and getting shoot-down, thus not resetting the trigger??????or do i have a Tippmann problem with eternals in the marker????? anyway i will be getting a Ninja tank.and SHP Reg...

oh! an after thought, i know i need the SHP Reg for the "mag", so the adjustable reg would not work on the Mag, nor the carbine, right? thankx in advance

Last edited by thegrayghost : 01-19-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: add to
Old 01-19-2012, 12:00 PM #215
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdeadshotxx View Post
I have a ghost 68-45 ninja tank with an ultralite reg. I was in the middle of a game firing when I noticed a leak coming from where the bonnet screws into the reg body. After a few shots the leak went away but came back. Went to fill the tank up in hopes of the leak going away and the leak is still there. Do I need to take the bonnet off and clean everything inside? Or replace everything? Is sleek or dow-33 ok to use?
Yes, sounds like you need to do some maintenance on the reg meaning you need to remove the bonnet, clean all the internal parts, inspect orings (replace as needed - very rare these go bad though), relube the orings and then put it back together and air it up. The lube could have broke down or dried out or you might have some dirt/debris causing it to not seal up correctly. We have some vids on our web site (check out pin valve and piston repair) that will show you what to look for and what to do. As long as the grease you want to use is silicone based, you can use it. Just DO NOT use any oil or oil based grease.
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 01-19-2012, 12:05 PM #216
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrayghost View Post
for Rob: i understand the mechanic's of the Ninja SHP tank for the Retro Valve on my Mag 1100psi...i also have a Tippmann Procarbine with RT Trigger/no cyclone feed...when i rapid shoot the "carbine", i get a little trigger sticking and have to push the trigger forward, then i am good to go again...my question is, do i have the trigger sticking because of not having 950 psi and getting shoot-down, thus not resetting the trigger??????or do i have a Tippmann problem with eternals in the marker????? anyway i will be getting a Ninja tank.and SHP Reg...

oh! an after thought, i know i need the SHP Reg for the "mag", so the adjustable reg would not work on the Mag, nor the carbine, right? thankx in advance
If the marker is firing at the fps you need it to be at, it could be that the air line running to it has an issue, bad spring, or you could be experiencing flow problems in the hose running to the trigger. On the SHP reg, you can remove 3 thin shims which drops the pressure down to 950psi which we found to be optimal on tippmanns running air-assisted upgrades. Without looking at your marker in person and doing some tests, its tough for me to say exactly what could be causing the problem. If you plan on getting the SHP regulator, make sure to remove the three thin shims before using it on your tippmann. You do not want to feed 1100psi into the tippmann, only use that setting with mags running RT
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 01-19-2012, 12:18 PM #217
xxdeadshotxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
Yes, sounds like you need to do some maintenance on the reg meaning you need to remove the bonnet, clean all the internal parts, inspect orings (replace as needed - very rare these go bad though), relube the orings and then put it back together and air it up. The lube could have broke down or dried out or you might have some dirt/debris causing it to not seal up correctly. We have some vids on our web site (check out pin valve and piston repair) that will show you what to look for and what to do. As long as the grease you want to use is silicone based, you can use it. Just DO NOT use any oil or oil based grease.
Took the bonnet off and inspected everything and everything seems to look fine. I cleaned all the parts and relubed them. Went to fill the tank and its still leaking from where the bonnet screws into the reg body. Do you think the orings on the piston need to be replaced along with the little oring by the pin valve? Or do you just recommend replacing the whole reg?
Old 01-19-2012, 01:50 PM #218
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Took the bonnet off and inspected everything and everything seems to look fine. I cleaned all the parts and relubed them. Went to fill the tank and its still leaking from where the bonnet screws into the reg body. Do you think the orings on the piston need to be replaced along with the little oring by the pin valve? Or do you just recommend replacing the whole reg?
Very odd. Sounds like you might need a rebuild kit. Check out the small white ball on the end of the piston. If that is damaged, you definitely need a rebuild. A new piston with new orings on it might just be what you need to fix it though. Rebuilds are $10 from your local store or field or through Ninja direct. Includes pin valve seat, new piston with orings, tools, adjustment shims, and 1.8k burst disk.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 01-19-2012, 07:02 PM #219
xxdeadshotxx

Sound good!! Also, would I need to replace the burst disk if the current one is fine? Reason I ask this is because I don't have a torque wrench.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:08 AM #220
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Sound good!! Also, would I need to replace the burst disk if the current one is fine? Reason I ask this is because I don't have a torque wrench.
I would only recommend replacing the burst disk when it blows. Continue using what you have unless its venting air
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 01-22-2012, 12:44 PM #221
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
Even though the regualtor is brand new, they can still have problems either due to dirt getting in the fill nipple and being pushed into the bottle and reg from sliding and not using a fill nipple cover and also through dirty air fills. This can even occur on your first fill on a brand new regulator.

What I would do is clean each internal part of the regulator icluding piston, spring, shims, orings, etc. Then inspect each oring to make sure they are still ok (very rare for these to go bad). If all orings are good, relube using silicone based great and then put it back together again. When you clean the piston, check the white ball seat at the bottom of the shaft to make sure there are no indentations or damage on the ball. If there is damage, let us know. If the reg is leaking from the pin valve, removing the small white teflon oring on the inside of teh top of the bonnet, clean oring and pocket that the oring sits in, flip oring upside down and that should take care of the issues you're having.
Ok so I finally had a chance to take apart the reg and clean, inspect and relube everything. For the pin leak, that white teflon oring had a little metal shaving on it which I guess led to the leak. I flipped it over anyway. As fas as the white ball seat, it did have a pretty big indentation on it. I took a pic here. Would this cause the reg creep?

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 02:37 PM #222
Nate @ Ninja PB
Ninja Paintball

Nate @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nate @ Ninja PB is playing at Living Legends V
Nate @ Ninja PB is playing at Living Legends VIII
Nate @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx18 View Post
Ok so I finally had a chance to take apart the reg and clean, inspect and relube everything. For the pin leak, that white teflon oring had a little metal shaving on it which I guess led to the leak. I flipped it over anyway. As fas as the white ball seat, it did have a pretty big indentation on it. I took a pic here. Would this cause the reg creep?

You need a new pin valve in there, shoot me an email at Nathan@ninjapaintball.com and I can help you.

please send any PM to Help @ Ninja PB

or post it in the ask a ninja tech thread in the air forum
Old 01-23-2012, 04:37 PM #223
jmorisaki
B/S/T MOD

jmorisaki is a Mega Moderator
jmorisaki supports Team VICIOUS
Hello there. Are tanks with chips covered under any type of warranty? I assume not but figured I'd ask.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:34 PM #224
f8al
POWERHOUSE REGS

f8al works for a Paintball manufacturer
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorisaki
Hello there. Are tanks with chips covered under any type of warranty? I assume not but figured I'd ask.
Hey Jimi, you are safe to use your tanks so long as you cannot see/feel the fibers. Depending on the severity though you can send it in to get a patch job like I did on one of my tanks. It was very cheap and Rob had my tank back in my hands within a week of sending it out. If you are concerned you can send a few detailed pics to Rob (or I'm assuming Nate) to Rob@ninjapaintball.com (or Nathan@ninjapaintball.com) with your contact info and they will get you squared away
Old 01-23-2012, 09:09 PM #225
stunner4206

I have a 68/4500 ninja tank. I recently purchased a empire on off asa for my invert mini. When i air up the gun with the asa the turn off the asa there is a leak on the bottom of the asa. If i back the tank out a couple of turns then air up the gun then off it purges the gun like its supposed to but my tank feels wobbly/loose. My tank does have the double o ring bonnet. I tried my buddies guerilla tank and it worked/no leaks when screwed all the way in. His tank has just one o ring bonnet. Do you think by buying the one o ring bonnet for my tank will fix my problem? Have you ever heard of this issue? Also, the tank must be empty to change the bonnet right?Thanks in advance
Old 01-24-2012, 12:26 PM #226
f8al
POWERHOUSE REGS

f8al works for a Paintball manufacturer
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunner4206 View Post
I have a 68/4500 ninja tank. I recently purchased a empire on off asa for my invert mini. When i air up the gun with the asa the turn off the asa there is a leak on the bottom of the asa. If i back the tank out a couple of turns then air up the gun then off it purges the gun like its supposed to but my tank feels wobbly/loose. My tank does have the double o ring bonnet. I tried my buddies guerilla tank and it worked/no leaks when screwed all the way in. His tank has just one o ring bonnet. Do you think by buying the one o ring bonnet for my tank will fix my problem? Have you ever heard of this issue? Also, the tank must be empty to change the bonnet right?Thanks in advance
Hey stunner, just to make sure I am understanding the issue here it sounds as if you are getting a leak from the Relay ASA whenever you degas the marker correct? If I were you I would try the Ninja Clips which are designed to re-position the gauge/fill nipple of the tank to a user's desired location. The clips should also serve as a reinforcement so the tank does not feel wobbly.

To follow that up, when is the last time you cleaned your regulator? You could be getting a higher pressure than intended if your regulator is dirty. Degas your system and removing the set screws on the bonnet so you can remove your bonnet to access the internals of the regulator. If you have the traditional adjustable regulator then remove the pin valve/spring/piston/coil spring/shims and wipe them all down with a clean towel or rag. If you have a GS regulator then do the same thing but remove your pin valve/spring/piston/Belleville stack and wipe them all down with a clean rag or cloth. Re-lube everything with a silicone based lube (Sleek/Slick/PE Grease etc) and reassemble in the same way you removed everything, screw your bonnet on and replace the set screws. Pay close attention to the order of the Belleville stack if you have a GS regulator so you will get the proper pressure when you reassemble.

Hope this helps man, let us know if you have any other issues.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:16 PM #227
sebastian aguirre

Hi,

I have a couple of tanks with ninja regs, and now I got a used tank with a reg that says WGP, but looks like it is the same as the new ninjas but the bonet is longer.

It has a leak around the pin in the asa. I disasembled it, swaped the pin seat with another from a ninja tank (they look the same), but the leak is still there. Also cleaned the seat in the bonet with a cotton swab.

Could the leak be produced by another oring, or has to be the pin and its seat?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:00 PM #228
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian aguirre View Post
Hi,

I have a couple of tanks with ninja regs, and now I got a used tank with a reg that says WGP, but looks like it is the same as the new ninjas but the bonet is longer.

It has a leak around the pin in the asa. I disasembled it, swaped the pin seat with another from a ninja tank (they look the same), but the leak is still there. Also cleaned the seat in the bonet with a cotton swab.

Could the leak be produced by another oring, or has to be the pin and its seat?
The only thing that would cause a regulator to leak from the pin valve is definitely the pin valve seat (on any regs we have manufactured). Its a 006 Teflon. We used to make the WGP regulators and we haven't changed that oring in about 13 years. Try flipping the pin valve seat upside down...sometimes that will help.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 01-25-2012, 08:11 PM #229
Superman777

I have a Ninja 68/4500 and there is a piece literally falling off the top.
It is fairly large and is about half a pinky nail in size.
It doesn't allow the oring to fit in the groove and also it leaks from the pin when i screw it off the tank, the leak only stops after i play with it for a while.
Any suggestions? i can get pics
Old 01-26-2012, 09:42 AM #230
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman777 View Post
I have a Ninja 68/4500 and there is a piece literally falling off the top.
It is fairly large and is about half a pinky nail in size.
It doesn't allow the oring to fit in the groove and also it leaks from the pin when i screw it off the tank, the leak only stops after i play with it for a while.
Any suggestions? i can get pics
When you say "falling off the top", are you talking about the lip on the top of the regulator is falling off? If it doesnt allow the oring to fit in the groove, you can get a replacement bonnet for about $10 instead of replacing the entire reg. If you do that, it should also take care of the leak because you would get a brand new pin valve seat which comes with the bonnet. The pin valve seat is the only thing that would make a reg leak from the pin valve sticking out of the top of the regulator.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 01-26-2012, 10:14 AM #231
Superman777

yeah the lip broke off
do you recommend the steel or aluminum one?
Closed Thread