Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-02-2010, 09:19 PM #22
1MileCrash

looks like i've got some reading to do here this evening. thanks for the responses.

as for playing fields...i'm not worried about it. i'm really just looking for this thing for the one purpose...field training with my group. we actually use some farm land which is in the family of our group leader. it's a combination of oak forest, pine grove, meadow/grassy field, river, creek beds, swamp/marshland. it has a great mix of terrain.

myself and the other opfor guy are thinking about building a tank and getting some land mines and remote activated claymores that we've seen online so we can set some really good traps.
1MileCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2010, 12:47 PM #23
plushdragon

has been a member for 10 years
plushdragon helped look for balloons
one thing for safty please pick up a hand held crono or a red/blue crono for safty. paintballs can start leaving scars or break mask lens if you start shooting real hot. before you play you should check out that the markers are shooting between 280-300 fps. they also make indoor rubber balls for paintballs if you think of doing indoor training. they dont have paint in them as a reg paintball but they do give the same feel when hit.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:59 PM #24
1MileCrash

we won't be doing anything indoors with them. i do appreciate the thoughts of the psi rating. what is a crono?
Old 04-03-2010, 06:30 PM #25
AABatteries (Banned)

AABatteries helped look for balloons
AABatteries owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABatteries posts videos on PbNation
crono/chrono = chronograph

Chronographs are used to measure the velocity that the paintball is leaving the barrel. Anything over 300fps any you're likely to get hurt.
AABatteries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:13 PM #26
plushdragon

has been a member for 10 years
plushdragon helped look for balloons
just google paintball welts in there video section. you see what happens with old/hard/to fast of paint flying when it hit the human body. also dont uses paint like monster paint it does not break and can hurt you.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:19 PM #27
1MileCrash

ah i gotcha. yeah i've seen some nice bruises on some friends after a weekend of paintballing although i've never gotten nailed with one myself yet.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:02 PM #28
Patrick0294
The Polish Ninja

Patrick0294 is playing at Living Legends III
Patrick0294 supports Team VICIOUS
Patrick0294 is for the Gunfight
Aslong as your not over 300 you will be fine.Most fields use 240-280 I would say.My field uses 280 and I dont usally get welts.
Patrick0294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:37 PM #29
rangerty

All really good info guys!! I am really into woods ball or milsim Paintball I would second these recomendations! I have both a Tippmann x7 and a Smart Parts SP1. I love both guns! I have my x7 set up like an m16 with the E-grip and love it. My SP1 is all stock and runs GREAT! The one thing that I will say about the SP1 vs x7 is that my SP1 is great right out of the box! I have put a lot of money into my x7 to get how I want it and my SP1 can still keep up.

After playing with both guns I would tell you to go with the SP1 for the $$ savings on a nice gun and you can still mod. them as time goes on!!
rangerty is offline   Reply With Quote