PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-12-2012, 03:07 AM #22
da oreo
New New

has been a member for 10 years
da oreo supports DLX Technology
I'm a fan of the vicious geo 3, milling is definitely the way to go. My personal liking is having individuality without going over the top. The 05 xsv ego, ironmen dm3, naughty dog intimidator, joy a4 fly are definitely examples of that happy medium for team guns (again in my opinion). Those guns were unique and artistic and yet they still did a great job of representing the teams they were designed for. I think an example of too far outrageous (for me anyways) is the tremor shocker and some of the ripper intimidators.
Either way, PE is doing a great job with incorporating milling! I feel like im getting my money's worth when i buy a pl milled gun. For me personally, im waiting for the dynasty geo3 before i make my purchase of a geo3, just because they are my favorite team.

Last edited by da oreo : 09-12-2012 at 03:24 AM.
da oreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2012, 04:45 AM #23
Jack Wood

Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Guys,
Thanks for all the feedback regarding the milling and other thoughts on PL ideas. They have been noted and are greatly appreciated.
Jack
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:59 AM #24
jabranch57

jabranch57 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
So sexy
jabranch57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:33 AM #25
Heafis123
The Hartley bros INC.

Heafis123 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Heafis123 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Heafis123 is for the Gunfight
Heafis123 supports DLX Technology
am i the only one that sees the CSL grips and gold screws???
Old 09-12-2012, 09:59 AM #26
Svtjimmy

Svtjimmy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heafis123 View Post
am i the only one that sees the CSL grips and gold screws???
Nope its one of the first things I noticed. The single color ano made it really stand out. I think the milling looks sick. You guys did a heck of a job. Now, how do you manage to pick one of these up?
Svtjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:03 AM #27
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Soul06 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svtjimmy

Nope its one of the first things I noticed. The single color ano made it really stand out. I think the milling looks sick. You guys did a heck of a job. Now, how do you manage to pick one of these up?
Store-dss.com

Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA - SC Village, CA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:36 PM #28
Kil187
Ocean View's Finest

Kil187 plays in the PSP
Kil187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kil187 supports Ninja Paintball
I loved the 06 XSV PL, one of the best PL millings done IMO. The Vicious Geo 3's are good looking as well. Classy also, not a lot of extra crap going on with the gun. I like these, but I'm not a fan of the cobalt/cobalt (light blue) anno, I'll wait for the Grey body/black parts color swap. Good job Planet and Vicious.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:08 PM #29
XKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
People don't just want slightly different milling, they want radically different milling than the standard gun? Is that right?
Thats right.
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:49 AM #30
Achilles_21

do some more outrageous milling, like what Bob Long does.
Achilles_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:24 AM #31
paint4

I'm not a fan of the crazy milling on the bob long guns. Feel like they look like a kids laser toy gun. I like the nice smooth lines of a sports car, not the cheap add ons of a wanna be. Juat my opinion.
paint4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:21 AM #32
xwiredx

xwiredx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xwiredx supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by paint4 View Post
I'm not a fan of the crazy milling on the bob long guns. Feel like they look like a kids laser toy gun. I like the nice smooth lines of a sports car, not the cheap add ons of a wanna be. Juat my opinion.
I agree. There is a point where too much milling starts to look tacky.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:08 PM #33
ammoeller
its morphin time

ammoeller is playing at Living Legends VII
ammoeller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ammoeller supports Team VICIOUS
^^ I'm also agreeing. Who wants a giant flame on their marker? Being able to follow the marker's lines and see it "flow" together is my idea of sexy looking milling. The Vicious Geo3's are beautiful, and I personally love the idea of different patterns on either side. Great job to everyone at Planet. Cant wait to try one of these out for myself.
ammoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:41 PM #34
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

oldmanian is a Supporting Member
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
oldmanian supports Bob Gurnsey
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kil187 View Post
I loved the 06 XSV PL, one of the best PL millings done IMO. The Vicious Geo 3's are good looking as well. Classy also, not a lot of extra crap going on with the gun. I like these, but I'm not a fan of the cobalt/cobalt (light blue) anno, I'll wait for the Grey body/black parts color swap. Good job Planet and Vicious.
I loved the 06 Dark most of the PL Egos (hence why I markers swapped and gun whored until I got myself one). Other then that, I am hard pressed to say that I loved any PL marker from any of the major manufacturers. They are always well done, but not my taste. Of course I am just a dope who still loves the look of a 2k2 Texas storm timmy or a Russian Legion Alias, so I am likely not the best judge on this.

I know that the PE folks are excellent and I'm curious to see what else they come up with.
"Originally posted by aarospoon13: Dodgy gauntlets are OP."
oldmanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:18 PM #35
NuNuNewsome

NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
NuNuNewsome plays in the APPA D4 division
NuNuNewsome supports DLX Technology
Dark SFT Shocker IMO had the best milling ever. A solid red Geo3 with milling similar to a Dark Shocker would make me break my credit card out
NuNuNewsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:23 PM #36
KryptonicsPB
Be Kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood
Hi,

So the Vicious Geo3 has been out for a couple of weeks now and I was just wondering what you guys thought of it. Do you like the direction we took with having different milling on each side of the body? We were going for a little of the old XSV Ego5 look with it.

Do you like more plain milling or really outrageous milling on custom guns?

Jack
I like that you are in here asking customers/potential customers for opinions

My input, bring back the old eclipse bushy/impulse milling design. Dc1 and dc2 cocker milling. Those classic and beautiful fully custom mills.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:40 AM #37
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
So, even though the Vicious and the Dynasty Geo2 had different milling, you don't think there was enough difference with them to make it worth the extra effort?

People don't just want slightly different milling, they want radically different milling than the standard gun? Is that right?
Hell. To. The. Yes.

I mean, in the ultimate world, all guns would have as much soul emanating from them (particularly their milling) as the shockers, cockers and angels of yore did. There's a reason I prefer to shoot and collect them... not only because they're better than your guns (no offense jack, but the numbers show for the most part.) but because they look better. They don't have to weigh a feather if they're comfortable and look as good as they shoot.

You should make something that people can look back on. Not because it's cheaper and made by the most prolific "high" end marker manufacturer in the current era, but because they want that specific gun for its flavor.

Yes, this may hurt you a bit in the short run. Resale will stay higher, though, and there will be the product to advertise your, not only build, design quality.

I have been through over 95 guns.

I've had the DC1, DC2 and, through a whirlwind of failures, the Nexus Signature Series. They were beasts of markers, fine.

The only Eclipse markers which have ever tickled my pink were the PL Ego 6s. Not even all of them, but the Dark, and then there was one more.

After that, most of your markers were grossly bland and it was a huge factor in keeping me away from them for anything other than a quick sale (which also meant I had to buy used, cheap, and then resell to someone else who it turn is buying used and not new from you.)

Please, I implore you, bring some fancy milling to the game. Be able to kick DYE in the balls. Hell, be able to kick all the other still-standing companies in their saucey marker churning scrotums. Kick them, kick them with style.

If anything, you can always bring out a plain milling version like usual and charge something fair, then have maybe 1 or 2 other designs of the same gun to choose from as well... Like what Bob Long did and does for a while...

... although he actually perfects a system (not creates the perfect system, just perfects what is possible with the current design) first and THEN does multiple millings for it to keep its spirit alive and the world rife with different styles of it.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:43 AM #38
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammoeller View Post
^^ I'm also agreeing. Who wants a giant flame on their marker? Being able to follow the marker's lines and see it "flow" together is my idea of sexy looking milling. The Vicious Geo3's are beautiful, and I personally love the idea of different patterns on either side. Great job to everyone at Planet. Cant wait to try one of these out for myself.
I agree, flames were retarded.

The stock G6r, albeit not the prettiest, was still a pretty solid design.

I think it's hard to argue that over the marqs, though. All of them looked pretty damn good. Even the rapper.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:06 AM #39
Jack Wood

Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
I think the fact that the machining on "stock" guns is so so so far ahead of what you would find on stock guns even just 6-7 years ago makes it even more difficult to differentiate new "custom" guns from new "stock" guns.

Lets face it, it wasn't very difficult to improve on a stock 2000 cocker body or Automag, was it now?

Nowadays, every decent gun on the market is completely 3D contour modelled and machined. Current body design is lightyears ahead of where it was a few years ago. I think if you took the time to look at the way a modern gun is constructed in terms of how the surface of the body is modelled, machined and finished, and compare it to guns of yore, you'll hopefully appreciate the difference and what exactly goes into those "bland" new designs.

Mentioned above, Eclipse Impulse.
2D machining. Very basic.

And Eclipse BM2k.
2D milling. Very simple machining into what amounted to a box.

Compare that to complete 3D milling on a modern gun:

At the time, the custom Impulse and BM2K were quite radical. And I think some of the memory of them being "really" different to the stock guns is what people hark back to. To me, at least, they look dated and fall miles short of modern acceptable standards for even a standard gun, let alone a custom or PL. But that's just my opinion
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:33 AM #40
KryptonicsPB
Be Kind

I guess I should get with the times

I know what you mean and I absolutely appreciate the 3d milling designs put out. I guess what I meant was that those older eclipse guns had a signature look, ano, and swag that I could recognize right away as PE private label and they looked nothing like there stock counterparts.

I feel like the geo 3 could end up like the g6r in that from a performance stand point, you really have hit the top potential with the platform, and now offering a new limited pl run every few months would keep people on there toes wanting more, and be all that is needed to keep the geo3 platform fresh for years to come. It is an impressive marker and my favorite Planet Eclipse marker to date (minus the bonsai LED Angel ) performance wise though, fantastic job.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:11 AM #41
paint4

Majority of buyers want sleek smooth lines with cool colours. I prefer black. Crazy milling and designs of old are just that; old. Yes some cooling milling adds to the design but much more and u go too old school and 90% won't be interested.
paint4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:28 AM #42
KryptonicsPB
Be Kind

I completely disagree