Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-17-2012, 07:47 PM #1
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

griffan2 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Exclamation red dot paintball hosts NPL for 2012

Red dot paintabll in richland washington is hosting 6 teams for the new format of the national paintball league. we are drafting players from both washington and western idaho for the teams. more info can be found here. http://www.nationalpaintballleague.com/ as per LEAGUE REQUIREMENT teams are selected on a draft process. the first info meeting will be at9 am on january 28th. the demo date and team tryouts will follor a couple of weeks later. if you guys have not heard about the NPL its becaues we FINALY got the green light to start talking about it, this was kept very "hush hush" for a few months so follow the link and check it out. the format is pretty simple and will be an absolute blast to play. red dot is the only field in washington state hosting the format and will be looking for players from Washington and Idaho.

if you have any questions or want to get registered visit the link above or call red dot at (509) 967-3030

this is a rundown of how it works

this is how it is played

7 man teams, 4 man games

i will post more information when i have it available

New 1 piece Dual-bored barrels out now from Parabolic!
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2012, 04:56 PM #2
TheLastWill
dubby

TheLastWill owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TheLastWill plays in the APPA D5 division
TheLastWill has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheLastWill has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
interesting. I dont really like the off-sides thing. I think it will make games very tedious and slow. Plus I love those points where you just run down the field and stab a kid out of no where, makes it more fun.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:03 PM #3
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
idontknow2007 supports Ninja Paintball

this is anything but tedious and slow, trust me. I had my own doubts when i first saw it played, but in the first 6 minute quarter, there were 8 point attempts...less then a minute per point. so it plays very fast and really brings back the communication, strategy and skills of a player.

try it first - then decide...i dont think you will be disappointed.
idontknow2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:04 PM #4
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastWill View Post
interesting. I dont really like the off-sides thing. I think it will make games very tedious and slow. Plus I love those points where you just run down the field and stab a kid out of no where, makes it more fun.
with defense comes offence so there will be very very few slow points. time limits for each check point moving the flag. isn't getting bunkered part of...... the sport as a whole? with a clear objective this should bring teamwork back to paintball more than it has been in the recent past. quicker turn around times for points with 90 minute games so plenty of points to play and a set game schedule so you know exactly when youll play weeks and months in advance.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:08 PM #5
aDoobi

has been a member for 10 years
it kinda reminds me of that money ball format they tried to push a few years back. if i have free time and money i might come try and free agent for one of the teams for an event

aDoobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:11 PM #6
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

haha good observation. you guys (faction) should send at least one guy to the info meeting to run some recon for the area. it actually wont cost much to play at all. 1 case per 90 minute once a week or so.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:47 PM #7
tyskidmore3

plays in the NXL
tyskidmore3 helped look for balloons
tyskidmore3 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
tyskidmore3 plays in the APPA D1 division
Longish drive though weekly.

1stphorm Legionaire
Avid Traveler
tyskidmore3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:48 PM #8
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

huge cash prizes for wining by the way

Old 01-19-2012, 06:55 PM #9
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aDoobi View Post
it kinda reminds me of that money ball format they tried to push a few years back. if i have free time and money i might come try and free agent for one of the teams for an event
cant be a free agent...once teams are set, thats it for the season, unless someone dies, moves etc etc.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:21 PM #10
TheLastWill
dubby

TheLastWill owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TheLastWill plays in the APPA D5 division
TheLastWill has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheLastWill has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffan2 View Post
haha good observation. you guys (faction) should send at least one guy to the info meeting to run some recon for the area. it actually wont cost much to play at all. 1 case per 90 minute once a week or so.
Yeah it depends on peoples time and money I could see us possibly doing one event this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontknow2007 View Post
cant be a free agent...once teams are set, thats it for the season, unless someone dies, moves etc etc.
harsh but you guys seemed very organized so I can see why. good luck! Faction is going to have a few guys attending the 1st WCPS we will see you then.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:22 AM #11
sgent35

Overall, my impression is confusion. Too many rules, man just keep it simple.
Side out if you don't cross the 50 in time? What time?why is it offsides on silver when there's 2:05 on the clock, but blue can go bunker people when there's :19 left on the clock?
Silver can call for a quick 10 second turnaround to catch blue not ready? So you can lose because your gun has broken paint in it, or you need air, or whatever? How often can a team call for this quick turnaround bull****?
Idk, I have lots more questions. Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I like it straight forward, easy to understand. All this "side out" stuff, seems like you play a lot and don't earn any points.
Maybe I'll love this after I play it, but right now I'm thinking, "center flag... Don't go away!"
paintball drums 2:30-2:50 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N2OoEl0Ydo
sgent35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:37 AM #12
brandoov2 (Banned)

brandoov2 plays in the PSP
Cool idea, but i'll stick to my traditional x-ball.
brandoov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:38 PM #13
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgent35 View Post
Overall, my impression is confusion. Too many rules, man just keep it simple.
Side out if you don't cross the 50 in time? What time?why is it offsides on silver when there's 2:05 on the clock, but blue can go bunker people when there's :19 left on the clock?
Silver can call for a quick 10 second turnaround to catch blue not ready? So you can lose because your gun has broken paint in it, or you need air, or whatever? How often can a team call for this quick turnaround bull****?
Idk, I have lots more questions. Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I like it straight forward, easy to understand. All this "side out" stuff, seems like you play a lot and don't earn any points.
Maybe I'll love this after I play it, but right now I'm thinking, "center flag... Don't go away!"
The side-out rule is there so there can never be a stalemate...either move it forward or lose your chance to score a point. kinda like football, 4 tries to get first down or you lose the ball.

10 second quick start - yes try to catch the other team slacking...if they arent ready, well too bad, get your crap together, thats why you have 7 players on a four man format...kinda like x-ball, keep the game moving so it takes less time to play.

Instead of having your team show up at 8am and hang out all day to play 10 games or 12 or whatever...you show up at your designated start time - lets say your game is scheduled for 10am that day...show up at 930 - get ready to play...play your match and your done by 11am...then you can go on about your day...no more spending 8 hours at a field to play a round robin format with 1/2 hour or even 1 hour wait times between games. get in - get out and spend the rest of your day doing what you want or need to do.

If you are able to attend an NPL meeting or attend a demo day and play, this format will make much more sense and really is easy to understand and follow...kinda hard to explain everything in a forum.

Red Dot will be holding an info meeting on the 28th...we will try to video it and post so that there is a better understanding of whats up. And again - dont knock till ya try it...you might like it.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:43 PM #14
aDoobi

Quote:
The side-out rule is there so there can never be a stalemate...either move it forward or lose your chance to score a point. kinda like football, 4 tries to get first down or you lose the ball.

10 second quick start - yes try to catch the other team slacking...if they arent ready, well too bad, get your crap together, thats why you have 7 players on a four man format...kinda like x-ball, keep the game moving so it takes less time to play.

Instead of having your team show up at 8am and hang out all day to play 10 games or 12 or whatever...you show up at your designated start time - lets say your game is scheduled for 10am that day...show up at 930 - get ready to play...play your match and your done by 11am...then you can go on about your day...no more spending 8 hours at a field to play a round robin format with 1/2 hour or even 1 hour wait times between games. get in - get out and spend the rest of your day doing what you want or need to do.

If you are able to attend an NPL meeting or attend a demo day and play, this format will make much more sense and really is easy to understand and follow...kinda hard to explain everything in a forum.

Red Dot will be holding an info meeting on the 28th...we will try to video it and post so that there is a better understanding of whats up. And again - dont knock till ya try it...you might like it.
Could you schedule one of your demo days to be the Sunday after the first WCPS, March 18th. I know I personally would like to play that Sunday also since it's only about 4.5 hours from Boise, so we could play that day and drive back that night in time for school or work or whatever on Monday

aDoobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:14 PM #15
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

we are planning on doing a Thomas Taylor clinic that day...but i will talk to Tim and see if we can work something out for those who are attending wcps.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:30 PM #16
brandoov2 (Banned)

Quote:
we are planning on doing a Thomas Taylor clinic that day...but i will talk to Tim and see if we can work something out for those who are attending wcps.
HOLY ****. TY SKIDMORE ARE YOU SEEIN THIS? UNBELIEVABLE. OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:18 PM #17
tyskidmore3

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoov2 View Post
HOLY ****. TY SKIDMORE ARE YOU SEEIN THIS? UNBELIEVABLE. OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME.
Obvious troll is obvious... Besides Brandon, I thought Thomas being the "Troll" would have you all over that, hoping to learn some more trolling techniques.

1stphorm Legionaire
Avid Traveler
Old 01-23-2012, 08:26 PM #18
brandoov2 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyskidmore3 View Post
Obvious troll is obvious... Besides Brandon, I thought Thomas being the "Troll" would have you all over that, hoping to learn some more trolling techniques.

umad?
Old 01-23-2012, 09:22 PM #19
tyskidmore3

plays in the NXL
On topic, can you post when you are going to have NPL dates? I'd like to play this format, I had it explained to my by Diamond Hill but I didn't get to play it.

1stphorm Legionaire
Avid Traveler
Old 01-23-2012, 09:24 PM #20
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

we will post everything as soon as we have it available. first we need to make the teams haha.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:37 PM #21
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

demo day

Demo day for NPL is Feb 11th.

Come out and make a weekend of it and learn about this league. Need a place to stay? let me know - i can help.
ReplyRegional Ups