Quote:
Originally posted by QuickSilvia
supras= NO TEH TRAXIIIIIIION
Not funny, shut up....
Old 07-09-2004, 12:30 PM #24
TheReckoning

R34 Nissan Skyline
S15 Silvia
R33 Nissan Skyline GT-R N-Spec (yes there is 3 of them)
Nissan 350z
Toyota Supra

Correct me if i am wrong but i though we were talking about Japanese tuner vehicles ??.....
Old 07-09-2004, 12:31 PM #25
TheReckoning

Quote:
The quote in your sig pretty much sums up every post you make.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:34 PM #26
cosmec

Quote:
Originally posted by Se7en11
Golfs and Jettas are not girly cars, moron, get it through your head.

And IMO R32>WRX

Also, Im sick of hearing about how hondas suck from kids who get their info from the retards (many, but not all) on this board. Just because some kids out there buy hondas and rice them out doesnt mean that theyre all slow.

As far as Nissan goes, put me in a stock S2000, and you (machu) in a 350z. We'll see who comes out on top.

The 350z has 40 more horses to push around nearly 1000 more pounds. Not to mention the roadster looks like **** with the top up

350z's own s2ks, in performance and looks...the convertable Z top is very ugly, but im talking about the Z coupe...

i also forgot about the new VW R32 -_+++ i love that car so much...not a jap tuner but still
Old 07-09-2004, 12:35 PM #27
$horT_$trokE
Resident Elbow Dragger

$horT_$trokE is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by cosmec
i dont believe in miata's performance...i remember watching a special on spike tv not sure if it was car and driver but they put 50k+ into a miata engine and it was running in the mid 5's still
I dont give 2 ****s about drag racing. A miata is a sports car. It was never designed for drag racing, it was designed to handle extremely well. If you gave it another 100 horsepower or so, you have a car thats extremely difficult to catch on a curvy road. Mazda did an exceptional job on that chassis design. Its really surprising how quick it can be even in stock trim when you drive it in its element.

In my area, theres a road that timed runs are done, and everything from miatas to ferraris have run it at one time or another. The current record for a car is held by a heavily modified rx-7 on dot slicks, and the next fastest car im aware of is an s2000 autocrosser with an extremely talented driver. These 2 cars blow the doors off of just about everything else up there, with the exception of the quick bike riders.

Last edited by $horT_$trokE : 07-09-2004 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:38 PM #28
Delta00

Quote:

GO STUPID MYTHS!!!!!1111
Old 07-09-2004, 12:40 PM #29
TheReckoning

Miatas are very nice on the track. Perform well and have nice handling. I think they look stupid though.

BTW 350z>S2K While s2k's are nice they dont even compare to the 350z and i have noticed allot of s2k owners to be older people like retired guys who instead of buying a dodge viper (most dodge viper owners are older people) he goes and buys a s2k because its made by honda proply the must repuatble car manufacurer ever.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:46 PM #30
$horT_$trokE
Resident Elbow Dragger

From what ive seen, the s2000 is probably a bit more capable than the Z on a road thats extremely tight, where the extra power the car has wouldnt be put to good use, and the extra weight would hurt it.

Thats why I think even an italian exotic wouldnt do much better of a time than the rx-7 track car I mentioned (on that particular road), because the road is just so tight that the extra performance wouldnt be usable.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:50 PM #31
kameleon

Quote:
Originally posted by TheReckoning

Correct me if i am wrong but i though we were talking about Japanese tuner vehicles ??.....

?
Old 07-09-2004, 12:50 PM #32
cosmec

Quote:
Originally posted by $horT_$trokE
I dont give 2 ****s about drag racing. A miata is a sports car. It was never designed for drag racing, it was designed to handle extremely well. If you gave it another 100 horsepower or so, you have a car thats extremely difficult to catch on a curvy road. Mazda did an exceptional job on that chassis design. Its really surprising how quick it can be even in stock trim when you drive it in its element.

In my area, theres a road that timed runs are done, and everything from miatas to ferraris have run it at one time or another. The current record for a car is held by a heavily modified rx-7 on dot slicks, and the next fastest car im aware of is an s2000 autocrosser with an extremely talented driver. These 2 cars blow the doors off of just about everything else up there, with the exception of the quick bike riders.
your honestly trying to say, miatas can compete with ferraris?

lets be real here, sure the miata is a fun little car with nice handling, but when you spend 50k on an engine for a car that weighs very little i would expect it to get to 60 faster than mid to high 5's... no?
Old 07-09-2004, 12:56 PM #33
pntbllrmrc

if you dropped 50k on a miatas engine and your only gettin to 60 in mid to high 5s you shouldnt be working on cars....
Old 07-09-2004, 01:15 PM #34
TheReckoning

Quote:
Originally posted by kameleon
?
Allot of the cars listen arent even japanese..... Please stop me if i am wrong (wich is a big possibility cause i'm not up on the homestead of manufacturers but..... Subaru is australian...... right.....
Old 07-09-2004, 01:24 PM #35
goodhead203

subaru is a division of FHI (fuji heavy industries) which is an aerospace company u been watching too many crocidile dundee comercials

my mom does business w/ them she works for vdo

i didnt know austalians can make cars i thought they jsut use dingos and such

EDIT** seems like someone del my post...

Se7en11= moron, 2 of my ex had jetta and once ***** kid that bumped n.o.r.e. for 2 month straight when it first came out... my point passat, golf = ***** cars u defending it make u a *****... keep talking **** w/ ur e-badass self

Last edited by goodhead203 : 07-09-2004 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:47 PM #36
Bombd84

Quote:
Originally posted by Stongle
Hahahahahahahahahaaha

Errr and what end are the wheelies that drive the S2000?

for the love of god please tell me you dont think a s2k is FWD.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:05 PM #37
cosmec

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombd84
for the love of god please tell me you dont think a s2k is FWD.
for the love of god please read machu's post...
Old 07-09-2004, 02:34 PM #38
$horT_$trokE
Resident Elbow Dragger

Quote:
Originally posted by cosmec
your honestly trying to say, miatas can compete with ferraris?

lets be real here, sure the miata is a fun little car with nice handling, but when you spend 50k on an engine for a car that weighs very little i would expect it to get to 60 faster than mid to high 5's... no?
No, not even close. I said everything from miatas (bottom of the sports car spectrum price wise) to ferraris (top of the spectrum price wise) had run the road, and an rx-7 has put down the fastest time so far. granted, few ferrari owners actually push their cars.

50k for a 5 second 0-60? a 5 thousand dollar turbo kit will put a bone stock miata into the 12's in the 1/4, with the only modification needed being a clutch.

Someone pocketed 45k on that project...
Old 07-09-2004, 02:45 PM #39
FC3S

yah there is a turbo miata here in albuquerque ~5200 ft that ran a high 11 uncorrected, now that is badass.... i actually think he has the fastest miata in the world!
Old 07-09-2004, 05:27 PM #40
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

the supra is the only one that matters..

A far second is the skyline...
"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond they must not advance.. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll preserve for our children, this the last best hope of man on earth or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
- Ronald Reagan
Old 07-10-2004, 01:35 AM #41
MaChu

Umm first off I was referring to the majority of Honda's cars which all little ricers rave about: Civics, Accords and their Acura counterparts. Yes I know that the NSX is a mid engine V6 RWD car, as is the L4 S2000, but still I don't believe why people buy Hondas in the first place. I shoulda said the MAJORITY of Honda's crap is high reving, no torque junk, which to an extent it is on the S2000. You have to play around with the 6500-9000 rpm range to feel the cars power. This requires frequent down shifting which in a short time will destroy a transmission. Im sorry but I like having low end torque which no Honda ever has had. Sure you can say I have 200+hp, but if you really want to know about what a car is capable you gotta stop flashing your HP curve and look more at your torque curve because thats what really is going to make your wheels turn. Your torque on your 200hp engine will be around 150 lb/ft. If I want something to rev, Ill go with a wankel which at least has a fun factor in their operation.

Also, Honda offers a S2000 for around...what 30 grand? I can think of a ton of cars that are tons better than S2000 for less or a little more. Import side you got used amazing Supra TTs, 300ZX TTs, and RX7 TTs or a brand new RX8, WRX, 350Z, base G35 or EVO which will out perform a S2000. You could build so much with 30 grand. Maybe a 240sx with a RB engine? Does a MR2 with a V6 tickle your senses? Rotary Miata? Point: Hondas are overpriced for the power. To be fair with 30 grand on the Honda side, you could spend 5,000 on a good body and 25,000 on the engine. Don't know much except basic turbo engines in other cars but lets say bore over a CRV 2.4L block over? Throw on a RSX head with custom crank, pistons, valves, turbo, intercooler...oh wait...FWD. Try transfering that power to the wheels without having to deal with torque steer and traction problems. There is the LSD, but for the most part a RWD or AWD setup is better at handling power.
Old 07-10-2004, 01:50 AM #42
me262
corporate slave

1) mk3 supra 2.5 twin turbo A
2) s10 sylvia sakura (i got one, just havnt finished it all)
3) rx7
4) old 280z
5) lol a subaru justy imagine a tiny awd geo looking thing ripping everything..

this is asuming the original post saying money was not a worry.
LONG LIVE THE SERVOS!!........