Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 07:49 PM #106
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
killajay: No there is no way to change it. Farhan's was done by Jack Wood specifically for him.
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2012, 08:01 PM #107
killajay2014
Your De Best!!!

killajay2014 donated to help Peyton Trent
killajay2014 supports our troops
killajay2014 is Legendary
killajay2014 supports DLX Technology
Figured that...that's why I wrote "favor"....lol....thanks for
The response tho.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:37 PM #108
wassup720
nom nom nom

wassup720 plays in the PSP
wassup720 posts videos on PbNation
wassup720 plays in the APPA D4 division
wassup720 supports DLX Technology
Hey bill
I need a pneumatic airline hose because a screw was screwed to far in on my 08 ego
Will the hose in this link work for my ego?
http://www.trinitypaintball.com/Prod...oductCode=TR27
I would buy it from you but if I don't have to pay for shipping that will make me happy

sadistik
og trucklife
Old 01-20-2012, 02:43 AM #109
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Yes, that is the correct hose.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:37 PM #110
accidentprone
Gun Whore Since '02

accidentprone is for the Gunfight
I got my very first ego (SLS) today, and the first eclipse poppit Ive owned since a DC2, and Im having just one minor minor issue. It leaks. Im not 10% sure where from but I can narrow it down to not inside the gripframe. It leaks from the same place no matter if the gripframe is installed or not. It sounds like it may be coming from the valve itself, but Im not totally sure how to check this. I have the low pressure valve installed at the moment, and it didnt matter if it was the lp or the hp I have in it. Help? Ive already taken the noid off and cleaned any oil / mess that could have been disrupting the seal between the noid and the body, and i dont think that its the LPR hose because I moved it around and heard no change in the volume or pitch of the leak. I removed the LPR assembly, the orings look fine, but I re-oiled them as well as the one on the rammer. New Duracell industrial battery. Still cycles and shoots, just leaks. And well done on it, because even leaking like it does, Ive never shot a marker with less vertical rise of the barrel. Many props to eclipse. Ive been avoiding the ego intentionally, but I decided to give it a shot, and this thing is amazing.

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3987452
Old 01-21-2012, 09:03 PM #111
EOS Player
Underground Local Pro

EOS Player owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
EOS Player is for the Gunfight
EOS Player supports Pev's Paintball
EOS Player plays in the APPA beginner division
EOS Player has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Please Help.
I got an 08 Ego in yesterday and I could immediatly hear a very tiny pinpoint leak near the frame of the gun. I asked a certified tech at my field today and he said that it was the cup seal. The gun will chrono just fine and cycles flawlessly but this leak is still present and changes in volume by small ammounts every time I air it up. How can I be sure if it's the cup seal? And if it's not, what is it? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:38 AM #112
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by accidentprone View Post
I got my very first ego (SLS) today, and the first eclipse poppit Ive owned since a DC2, and Im having just one minor minor issue. It leaks. Im not 10% sure where from but I can narrow it down to not inside the gripframe. It leaks from the same place no matter if the gripframe is installed or not. It sounds like it may be coming from the valve itself, but Im not totally sure how to check this. I have the low pressure valve installed at the moment, and it didnt matter if it was the lp or the hp I have in it. Help? Ive already taken the noid off and cleaned any oil / mess that could have been disrupting the seal between the noid and the body, and i dont think that its the LPR hose because I moved it around and heard no change in the volume or pitch of the leak. I removed the LPR assembly, the orings look fine, but I re-oiled them as well as the one on the rammer. New Duracell industrial battery. Still cycles and shoots, just leaks. And well done on it, because even leaking like it does, Ive never shot a marker with less vertical rise of the barrel. Many props to eclipse. Ive been avoiding the ego intentionally, but I decided to give it a shot, and this thing is amazing.
Make sure there is no paint. Gas up the marker with the barrel off. Pull the bolt pin up and slide the bolt forward. Does it get louder? If so, it is one of the following 4 issues:

1) Replace the Exhaust valve (poppit).
2) Replace the Exhaust valve guide orings.
3) Replace the Exhaust guide (valve body).
4) The valve spring is bent or not sitting in the valve chamber properly.

If it gets louder with the bolt in the rear position or out of the marker completely, you need to replace the front #9 rammer oring.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:40 AM #113
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOS Player View Post
Please Help.
I got an 08 Ego in yesterday and I could immediatly hear a very tiny pinpoint leak near the frame of the gun. I asked a certified tech at my field today and he said that it was the cup seal. The gun will chrono just fine and cycles flawlessly but this leak is still present and changes in volume by small ammounts every time I air it up. How can I be sure if it's the cup seal? And if it's not, what is it? Thanks in advance.
If the leak is from the gripframe, it is not a cup seal. The cupseal would leak out the top breech area/bolt chamber. Check out the post just above this one.

If it is coming from the grip frame...
- Swap out 2 of the rammer orings. #9 in the front, #11 in the rear (see page 55/56 of your manual).
- Please check the LPR to be sure it is assembled correctly (page 53/54 of the manual). Also while you have it apart inspect the piston. There should be a small plastic-like piece pressed into the skinny end of the piston shaft. This is called the LPR piston regulator seat.
- Inspect the front QEV barbs on the QEV block. If you overtighten the rear grip cover screws it will bend/break them (page 65, figure 17.1).
- Check the front QEV diaphragm. Be sure it isn't cut or torn. It should be one solid piece (page 64/65 of the manual).
Old 01-22-2012, 09:07 AM #114
EOS Player
Underground Local Pro

EOS Player owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
EOS Player is for the Gunfight
EOS Player supports Pev's Paintball
EOS Player plays in the APPA beginner division
EOS Player has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
If the leak is from the gripframe, it is not a cup seal. The cupseal would leak out the top breech area/bolt chamber. Check out the post just above this one.

If it is coming from the grip frame...
- Swap out 2 of the rammer orings. #9 in the front, #11 in the rear (see page 55/56 of your manual).
- Please check the LPR to be sure it is assembled correctly (page 53/54 of the manual). Also while you have it apart inspect the piston. There should be a small plastic-like piece pressed into the skinny end of the piston shaft. This is called the LPR piston regulator seat.
- Inspect the front QEV barbs on the QEV block. If you overtighten the rear grip cover screws it will bend/break them (page 65, figure 17.1).
- Check the front QEV diaphragm. Be sure it isn't cut or torn. It should be one solid piece (page 64/65 of the manual).
Thanks, I checked the rammer and LPR and it dosen't seem to have any problems. I opened up the frame and aired it up with the frame off to pinpoint the leak and I still can't pinpoint it... The leak is very small and it kind of sounds like a crackling noise coming from the front side of the noid close to the LPR. I guess I really don't know what to do now. None of the internal hosing appears to damaged.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:03 PM #115
quiksilver2031

quiksilver2031 plays in the PSP
quiksilver2031 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
quiksilver2031 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hey bill i have an ego 08 and my reg seat is missing. i no i cant buy just the seat i need to buy the whole assembly what would it be called do i need to replace the lpr piston or the exhaust valve assembly
MiKe CaRtHy #44 In CaRtHy We TrUsT
Old 01-22-2012, 05:55 PM #116
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOS Player View Post
Thanks, I checked the rammer and LPR and it dosen't seem to have any problems. I opened up the frame and aired it up with the frame off to pinpoint the leak and I still can't pinpoint it... The leak is very small and it kind of sounds like a crackling noise coming from the front side of the noid close to the LPR. I guess I really don't know what to do now. None of the internal hosing appears to damaged.
Could be one of the two orings on the torpedo or the hose is slightly expanded or cracked. I would replace both potential issues.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:55 PM #117
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksilver2031 View Post
Hey bill i have an ego 08 and my reg seat is missing. i no i cant buy just the seat i need to buy the whole assembly what would it be called do i need to replace the lpr piston or the exhaust valve assembly
Reg seat in the LPR: LPR piston.
Reg seat in the HPR: HPR Piston.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:41 PM #118
quiksilver2031

quiksilver2031 plays in the PSP
quiksilver2031 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
theres no HPR piston in the 08 correct ?
MiKe CaRtHy #44 In CaRtHy We TrUsT
Old 01-22-2012, 08:42 PM #119
killajay2014
Your De Best!!!

Can someone give me the correct oring size for my 09 bolt pin.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:49 PM #120
TeamLeadersAccount

TeamLeadersAccount owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Old 01-22-2012, 08:51 PM #121
killajay2014
Your De Best!!!

much obliged
Old 01-23-2012, 08:26 AM #122
X-SoLjA

I have an Ego6 with SL66 internals and an 08 Reg. When I gas up the gun and fire some shots, the paint simply rolls out of the barrel. I have already tried upping the dwell, adjusting the velocity, and adjusting the LPR. All of which have not helped. The balls roll no more than 3 feet.

When I de-gas the ASA and tank, the remaining air in the gun allow me to fire a few more shots which still roll paint out of the barrel. The last 2 shots however seem to be a lot better! It will shoot sem 20 feet instead of 3 lol. But just those last 2 shots.

...It's also not in Training mode...

Any ideas?

Last edited by X-SoLjA : 01-23-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:29 PM #123
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksilver2031 View Post
theres no HPR piston in the 08 correct ?
Yes, there is. The HPR is also called an inline reg.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:30 PM #124
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by killajay2014 View Post
Can someone give me the correct oring size for my 09 bolt pin.
There is no necessary oring on the bolt pin. A 014 will fit on the bolt top.
The oring size on the bolt head is 015.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:32 PM #125
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-SoLjA View Post
I have an Ego6 with SL66 internals and an 08 Reg. When I gas up the gun and fire some shots, the paint simply rolls out of the barrel. I have already tried upping the dwell, adjusting the velocity, and adjusting the LPR. All of which have not helped. The balls roll no more than 3 feet.

When I de-gas the ASA and tank, the remaining air in the gun allow me to fire a few more shots which still roll paint out of the barrel. The last 2 shots however seem to be a lot better! It will shoot sem 20 feet instead of 3 lol. But just those last 2 shots.

...It's also not in Training mode...

Any ideas?
Things I would do...
- New Energy, Duracell or Energizer battery. The gun needs a good amount of power to run the marker properly. A lessor brand of battery may read fully charged but doesn't have the upkeep to sustain the power needed to run the gun. This is the #1 cause of all issues in an EGO.
- Change #11 rammer oring. Even if it looks good. It will be the largest black oring towards the rear of the rammer.
- Change the #11 oring on the rammer cap.
- Set your dwell to factory (10.0). Be sure the gun is not set on training mode.
- ASA On/Off knob turned in to far? When you add your air system to the gun you want to turn the knob until you hear the initial gas transfer. Do not turn it more then one complete turn more or you will actually restrict the airflow coming out of your air system.
- Check the LPR. Make sure it is assembled and lubed properly. There are 5 pieces within the LPR cap. Adjuster screw, adjuster piston (small silver cup-like part), silver spring, followed by the piston and gold spring (See page 46/47 of the manual). Put the adjuster screw flush to one turn out, see if this affects the velocity at all.
- Check the HPR. Make sure it is assembled, lubed. Make sure there are 16 shim springs properly assembled.
- While you have the HPR apart, check the HPR Piston reg seat. Make sure it is there and not cracked (See page 44/45 of the manual). Perfect pressure would be 325 psi. It can be achieved by properly assembling it then spinning the adjuster screw all the way out and then 3.5 turns in. This will give you the approximate pressure.
- Check the rear QEV. Make sure it is not loose or cracked. Loctite if loose. Replace if cracked.
- Check the airline from the rear QEV to the manifold. Take the hose off the QEV and take the solenoid off the manifold. Blow thru the hose. It should flow freely.
- Check the Solenoid. Make sure there is no physical damage. When a solenoid is coming to the end of its life it will often loose velocity and become very inconsistent. If it isn't leaking, 99% of the time you can change just the rear section...
- Brass valve guide. If you look at the front of teh rammer housing there is a brass guide that is loctited in place. if it starts to unthread it will limit the airflow causing low velocity.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:13 PM #126
tyskidmore3

plays in the NXL
tyskidmore3 helped look for balloons
tyskidmore3 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
tyskidmore3 plays in the APPA D1 division
Ok, when the Ego10 hits ramp it will shoot then all of a sudden sound like excess air is being released and has a tendency to chop/blow paint at this point. I've cleaned the LPR, HPR, Ram, checked the poppit and valve guide. Everything looks ok, but does anyone have any experience with this?

1stphorm Legionaire
Avid Traveler
Closed Thread