PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-18-2012, 12:32 PM #64
chodeyg
sprezzatura

has been a member for 10 years
University of Colorado decided to have a dorm that allows weapons. Let's see how it plays out, hopefully they will handle it well and not do anything stupid.
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2012, 02:54 PM #65
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I wish I could carry a concealed weapon everywhere I go. If I am somewhere where concealed weapons are not allowed, but then a gunman comes in and decided to start shooting up the place, I am ****ed.
paintballh00dlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:46 AM #66
bcfan25
sup.

bcfan25 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
At a private music venue there's typically security within shouting distance and a ton of people which greatly lessens your chance of being robbed. Not the case on a college campus at night.
Lolwut.

Know how many robberies happen in packed music venues? A LOT. Pretty easy to slip your hand into someones pocket and grab their wallet when they're not paying any attention to their immediate surroundings which is what concerts tend to try and accomplish. Robberies don't mean *Points Gun* "GIVE ME ALL YO MONAYS OR I SHOOT." Majority involve pickpockets and the sort. Plus, in normal robbery situations, supposing a gun isn't involved, you are not permitted to shoot someone just for taking your property. A guy got charged because he shot at the ground to scare a guy jumping out of a window after a robbery. I would be frightened if kids felt, "oh that kid is being a bully, ima buss a cap in dey ***."

Paintballhoodlum, a lot of people get through the day without dying that don't carry guns with them everywhere they go. You'll be ok man.

My campus (University of New Hampshire) has two police forces. UNH Police and Durham Police which is the town that is pretty much all UNH. So there is a lot of police in a small area, both which are legitimate police forces and carry arms.

Last edited by bcfan25 : 08-19-2012 at 12:52 AM.
bcfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:37 AM #67
Burninator
Mega Moderator

Burninator is a Mega Moderator
Burninator is a Supporting Member
Burninator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Burninator has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Burninator is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfan25 View Post
Plus, in normal robbery situations, supposing a gun isn't involved, you are not permitted to shoot someone just for taking your property.
that varies state to state and isnt true in texas.

Quote:
I would be frightened if kids felt, "oh that kid is being a bully, ima buss a cap in dey <del>***</del>."
I fail to see how that is at all relevant to the discussion. If someone felt that way, how does that at all change the discussion on CC on campus? This isnt a blanket all that anyone anywhere can carry on campus, and if those types of people were to be carrying, remember they can carry everywhere else already so if thats your scenario then you should be frightened all the time. The idea is that people who can legally carry everywhere else should not be stopped from carrying on campus. This isnt "put a gun in every students hands and see what happens". We can, legally, carry most everywhere else, why is there some invisible barrier that stops me from walking on campus with my weapon.

Last edited by Burninator : 08-19-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:31 AM #68
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

You would think from all the school shootings that guns WOULD be allowed on campus. If everyone has a gun, no one is going to try to shoot up a school.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:54 PM #69
doless
ballin in, ballin out

all for it considering how many kids get robbed and **** stolen on a weekly basis
Old 09-19-2012, 05:43 PM #70
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

No, the last thing we need is ******* kids getting drunk and going trigger happy.
Watermelondrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:14 AM #71
Burninator
Mega Moderator

Burninator is a Mega Moderator
Burninator is a Supporting Member
Burninator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Burninator has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Burninator is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermelondrea View Post
No, the last thing we need is <del>*******</del> kids getting drunk and going trigger happy.
Last thing we need is dumb *** kids who cant comprehend the idea.

This has been beaten down so many times already.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:19 AM #72
kuski19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
Last thing we need is dumb *** kids who cant comprehend the idea.

This has been beaten down so many times already.

I don't understand why people think all of a sudden everyone and their mother will be walking around with a gun like it's the wild west. I don't even own a gun, but I would not have any problem with law abiding citizens carrying their guns on campus.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:37 AM #73
Commandd0g

Commandd0g is playing at Living Legends VI
Commandd0g is an NCPA player
Commandd0g has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I wouldn't mind being able to carry on campus. For the most part, people who go through the trouble to get their CCW aren't going to try to do anything stupid with it. There has been several times a CCW carrier was able to stop gunmen before the police could do anything.
Commandd0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:17 AM #74
M98custom1212

I don't understand.. why you SHOULDN'T be able to. If you have permit you should be able to carry anywhere... law abiding citizens (including post offices, court, whatever else, police stations)

If plan to do body harm to someone.. A little sign thats says you can't carry a firearm isn't gone to stop you.

Another thing about CCW... Its out of sight out of mind.

OLD FEEDBACK

No Custom Milling Without A Deposit..
Chief Machining
M98custom1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:37 AM #75
sucka T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M98custom1212 View Post
I don't understand.. why you SHOULDN'T be able to. If you have permit you should be able to carry anywhere... law abiding citizens (including post offices, court, whatever else, police stations)

If plan to do body harm to someone.. A little sign thats says you can't carry a firearm isn't gone to stop you.

Another thing about CCW... Its out of sight out of mind.
courts? i dont know about that one

ThreadSavers®

http://www.ohnoes.org/

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=891102
sucka T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:51 PM #76
mushumatt

Legally we are not allowed to carry on campus at WVU. But I along with alot of my friends keep a weapon on them no matter what (when going to class). I don't bring any weapons out with me when I go party, thats just stupid.

They are worried about you escalating the situation. There are many people out there that have their ccp, but either haven't grown up around guns/target practice/taken classes.
mushumatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:20 PM #77
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
As someone who carries everywhere but school, I would like to remove the school aspect. With all the shootings on campuses these days, seems like a no-brainer to allow people who can legally carry to carry everywhere else. Being against the law obviously doesnt stop the people who are intent on breaking the law. All you have done by making it illegal is ensure that when someone wants to go on a shooting rampage they will face no obstacles before they begin to shoot.

The argument that somehow allowing people who can CCW legally already, to carry on campus would somehow result in putting weapons in the hands of crazy drunken shoot happy students is ridiculous. Why can i legally carry through the state with the exception of a few things but somehow when i step on campus i become a crazed drunken retard?

I carry for my own protection everywhere else, i would do the same on campus. You chose not to carry, and thats your choice. If something were to happen and i needed to protect myself, i would. If something is happening to someone else, i dont involve myself. You can wait on the police to help you while being mugged, thats your prerogative. I choose to be a little more proactive.

Its because this country doesn't think logically like you do, and the people that are in it are stupid as hell.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:07 AM #78
Snake13
Escaped Rakkasan

Snake13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Lolwut.

Know how many robberies happen in packed music venues? A LOT. Pretty easy to slip your hand into someones pocket and grab their wallet when they're not paying any attention to their immediate surroundings which is what concerts tend to try and accomplish. Robberies don't mean *Points Gun* "GIVE ME ALL YO MONAYS OR I SHOOT." Majority involve pickpockets and the sort. Plus, in normal robbery situations, supposing a gun isn't involved, you are not permitted to shoot someone just for taking your property. A guy got charged because he shot at the ground to scare a guy jumping out of a window after a robbery. I would be frightened if kids felt, "oh that kid is being a bully, ima buss a cap in dey ***."
You're talking about theft, not robbery, robbery explicitly involves violence or the threat thereof.
Snake13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:31 AM #79
Dark57

UNH - NH - USA
Ethnicity: White
(Figured if you are collecting data that might be useful too)

My feelings on gun control as very strong. I strongly believe that all forms of gun control are unconstitutional and an oppressive measure to disarm the civilian populace. There are multiple studies showing how strict firearm laws have not reduced violent crime and that the majority of gun crimes are not done with legally owned firearms. (If someone brings up a study on gun crimes in another country I would slap you for being ignorant. Other countries do not define gun crime in the same manner and produces skewed stats.)

Being a Marine I have a concealed permit along with a Glock 22 .40 Cal that I conceal carry daily. I am not allowed to conceal on campus and I strongly disagree with that. I do agree with the argument that not everyone has the discipline to carry a firearm and use it effectively. However I do not agree that this should bar everyone from carrying one. Cars are just as dangerous as firearms, we license people to drive and once they receive this license they are allowed to drive anywhere. I received a license to conceal, why can I not conceal anywhere also? Some locations make sense, government buildings for example, but this should be the limit of the restriction.

I know for a fact that my first reaction in a school shooting would be to run towards the noise with my concealed. Maybe this is because of my training, and my belief that the strong should protect the weak. The police response times on all school shootings are disgraceful and are directly attributed to the increased number of deaths on campus.

I am allowed to carry a pocket knife on campus, that is it. Even with only this weapon I would use it to the maximum effectiveness to protect myself and those around me.

I can see the concern of expanded background checks, and I am also willing to even under go an expanded background check to acquire a theoretical level 2 concealed permit which would allow me to conceal on campus and in many other places where you are currently not allowed. That is as much as I am willing to compromise because I find all other ideas to be radical and counterproductive.

So, my question to all anti-gun nuts. If your child is on campus during a school shooting, would you prefer having an armed, disciplined, military figure around your child who will terminate the threat without hesitation or would you prefer them to be fish in a barrel while you anxiously wait hours on end for the police to find and apprehend the subject?

I don't know about you, but leaving myself unprotected in any situation is extremely selfish. I am not paranoid and I do not wish to ever draw my firearm on another human being ever again. However I will not accept the idea that I do not have the capability if the need arises.

Criminals do not use legal firearms, and legal firearm owners are highly unlikely to use their firearm in an illegal way. Stop trying to restrict the acquisition of firearms and instead teach proper firearm respect. The first step in reducing gun crime is teaching people to respect the power of a firearm. Much like the way we teach children to share, not to hit others, and how we teach people to respect the dangers of driving.
Dark57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:55 AM #80
Dark57

Quote:
Lolwut.
Paintballhoodlum, a lot of people get through the day without dying that don't carry guns with them everywhere they go. You'll be ok man.

My campus (University of New Hampshire) has two police forces. UNH Police and Durham Police which is the town that is pretty much all UNH. So there is a lot of police in a small area, both which are legitimate police forces and carry arms.
I am also a UNH student. I do not trust the police on campus to protect me. Observing their presence with a military mindset, they are inefficient and are explicitly used as traffic police. I have yet to observe a police officer, on foot, bike, or vehicle policing the streets to ensure nothing bad is happening. They patrol parked vehicles for expired time tickets, invalid parking tags, and direct traffic so students can cross the street. If anything, these guys would go from Cooper Color Code white to black in an instant. Talking to a few of them, many of them who I have talked to believe that there is no possibility of a school shooting in UNH. This fact shocked me, whether or not you choose to believe me if your choice. This single fact, to me at least, goes to show how unprepared our protectors of the peace really are.

Just because nothing bad happens regularly, does not mean that it can not happen. Your statement to Paintballhoodlum is extremely biased and uneducated. A lot of people don't get shot every day, which is true. To assume that because the arbitrary amount "a lot" is safe, does not mean that everyone is. I would love for you to try and use that argument in a discussion with every family members who has had a loved one killed in this manner.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin
Benjamin Franklin believed the 2A to be an essential liberty, and every regulation restricting the 2A is indeed giving up a part of this essential liberty.

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” -James Madison
The term well-regulated militia does not mean a federal standing military.

Maybe this news article will jog your memory or bring you up to speed on what the police are actually present for. They have no obligation to protect you, and can not be charged if they refuse. If this does not scare you into believing that the police are essentially useless for your individual protection, then nothing will.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/po...otus.html?_r=0
Dark57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:13 PM #81
GrimReafer

GrimReafer plays in the MiLP
GrimReafer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
GrimReafer plays in the APPA D4 division
I am a College of Charleston (Charleston, SC) student. I ride my bike too and from classes and just about everywhere I need/want to go. I live about a mile from the school. I have an SC CWP as well as a Utah CFP. They have now changed the law to where you can carry on campus, however must leave the gun in an appropriate location in your vehicle (i.e. not under the seat). Being that I ride a bike, I am not afforded this ability. I have seen people being harassed and I have been approached and mildly harassed (bums mainly) but because I ride my bike around I don't usually carry (because I tend to go to bars and places that serve alcohol which is a no-no for sc cwp) because I can't leave it under my bike seat while I go inside. I wish there were less strict policies for concealed carry on campus. Even if we just had to notify public safety, the dean, and each of the teachers, I would be ok with that. I will take a psych test or whatever. It just sucks that I cannot carry because of the vehicle I use.
RIP Timothy "DerDer Tim" Rodgers 3/20/89 - 3/25/15
PSP - CFOA - MiLP - theChive
GrimReafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:55 AM #82
ram328

ram328 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ram328 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Its impossible in my state to even get a concealed carry off campus.. but i think it should be at least permitted even with a very strict background check
ram328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:51 PM #83
paintballpimp092
Si vis pacem, para bellum

paintballpimp092 plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballpimp092 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballpimp092 supports Ninja Paintball
My opinion doesn't change, whether it's a college campus or a Wal-Mart store. I support the idea of those with carry permits being allowed to carry on campus, especially with the number of school shootings that have happened lately. A gun is a lot better to fight back with than a chair or textbook.

If you can't control yourself at age 21, good luck in the real world. Just because you are incapable of acting like an adult when you've been one for three years doesn't mean those of us who can act that way need to be punished.

Either way... I should be done with the hiring process to be an LEO soon and I'll be going back to school to finish my degree after I start working so I'll be carrying on campus regardless.
paintballpimp092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:39 PM #84
M98custom1212

Supposedly in Ohio would be able to carry on campus.

OLD FEEDBACK

No Custom Milling Without A Deposit..
Chief Machining
M98custom1212 is offline   Reply With Quote