PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-26-2012, 03:30 PM #22
FreeEnterprise
Trails of Doom

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
I have plenty of videos that show this ability. I do it all the time.

I can hit guys behind trees, and under logs, or behind bunkers with ease. Practice and the Apex or flatline and you can change the game.

Here is a video that shows the ability to shoot flat then curve the paintball consistently as the guy behind the tree gets nailed and there is no way a regular barrel could do that... (:25 in the video)

Follow Trails of Doom on Instagram,
twitter, facebook and youtube
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2012, 04:04 PM #23
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

has been a member for 10 years
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishNinja6 View Post
you broke gravity!

isnt Ghosting when you are in a bunker, and cant see the other guy, because of another bunker, so you shoot over it to where you assume the other player is?
that would be a blind shot, not to be confused with
"blind shooting", which is when you put only your
gun out of cover and shoot without looking at your
target (heavily frowned upon btw). the "ghosting"
I know of is when you use bunkers between you
and your opponent to hide your movements so you
can't be seen moving up field. "ghostballing" I guess
it's available as a word, thou the execution without
an Apex barrel might be really hard to replicate...

Miami Devious sponsored by: VALKEN, VIRTUE, RUTHLESS PB
Luigi Speed 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:08 PM #24
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^

HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
HeatedNubbycake has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i always thought ghost balling was both using the blind spots on the field, and "curving" or "dropping" shots over bunkers to get people out who cant see you/ you cant see them. thus rendering you a "ghost" cause you move invisibly, and your balls come from nowhere. I would def say this is not frowned upon, and i would say even more, that it is a skill that can be learned and used very effectively. at my home field, i know a few spots where i can use the seams on the bunker in front of me, to line up a perfect shot to back center, by shooting just over (literally 1" above the seam, this takes a few shots) you can tag back center EVERY time, and they have no idea your there cause you "lobbed" a shot over a bunker.

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.
HeatedNubbycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:59 PM #25
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
I sneak balls around "shadow" bunkers as often as I can. If they can't see where you shot from, they can't. Shoot back if you miss.

Every once in a while, I'll be behind an air bunker fully and get take a ball full-on in the lens when someone is hammering on my bunker. I think it's got something to do with low/mid grade paint and hooking, but I have another theory as well.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:38 PM #26
pballer0303
shreddin the gnar

pballer0303 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
On the related topic of indirect fire, anybody else ever 'mortar' people? Started out as a joke around my field but a couple of us have really gotten the hang of it. Works well for getting people out of buildings (with no rooves) and other similar situations. The looks from people as they walk off the field with a fat hit on the top of their head...priceless
pballer0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 PM #27
byarosh201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro #66

Every once in a while, I'll be behind an air bunker fully and get take a ball full-on in the lens when someone is hammering on my bunker. I think it's got something to do with low/mid grade paint and hooking, but I have another theory as well.
Or a bounce off the bunker. That's usually what happens to me especially if the bunker is a little low on air. I've watched balls literally depress the bunker, roll and then get launched up and smack me in the mask. Almost like a spring board or trampoline.

Still gets me mad though
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:20 AM #28
FreeEnterprise
Trails of Doom

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer0303 View Post
On the related topic of indirect fire, anybody else ever 'mortar' people? Started out as a joke around my field but a couple of us have really gotten the hang of it. Works well for getting people out of buildings (with no rooves) and other similar situations. The looks from people as they walk off the field with a fat hit on the top of their head...priceless
Yeah, our field is huge, and both flags are at the top of hills, so when the game starts I often stay at the top of my hill, and watch as the other team goes down their hill into the valley below. Then I drop bombs on them from 300+ feet away. The curve of the paint rains down and I can't even count how many eliminations I have gotten over the years doing that. It is actually very fun, and guys that play my field often know I do this, so they don't go down the hill in groups anymore, as they know I will take a large number of them out this way...

But, when new guys come over to play, heh, heh, heh... You may drop a half a hopper on them, but I've shot out more than 5 people at one time doing that... By the time the paint started raining down, it was nailing a large part of the group all at once!

First time we ever played paintball years ago at my field. We started the game and I aimed my marker at the top of the trees in the direction of the other camp...

I couldn't even see over there it is so far away, and let about 20 paintballs rip.

My father in law was on the other team, and hadn't even left the flag area yet and one nailed him in the shoulder and he was out... He said he hadn't even taken a step yet!

That was my first elimination in paintball, about 7 years ago. We still laugh about it, as it was such a lucky shot, from an impossibly far distance...

Follow Trails of Doom on Instagram,
twitter, facebook and youtube
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:17 AM #29
universal_dave
TIP#001

universal_dave is playing at Living Legends VIII
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
universal_dave has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer0303 View Post
This can be fun if the field is open, but it's nearly impossible in the woods.

Tim2Thousand4 is shady, his word doesn't mean anything. If you had a good experience with him, my opinion is that you got lucky.

GSL | CSL | SLS | SL8R | VCom | G6r | Insight | Victus | Lance #1
universal_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:10 PM #30
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot

has been a member for 10 years
masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
I've never had a ball curve right or left around a bunker (maybe but the person is usually almost sticking out of the bunker to begin with) and get someone out but I love getting drop shots on people. Sometimes you can light up some snake player's pack without even seeing the guy. Also, shooting over pins/cans and raining down paint on some dude in a dorito is fun too.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:21 PM #31
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Team_ILLNatured is a founding member
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Boss
Team_ILLNatured supports Ninja Paintball
I play snake corner usually, and i set my velocity so that i can usually drop balls right over the top of the shorter back bunkers ontop of guys. it makes them play tighter, and cuts down the angles they can shoot from behind cover. kinda the same concept i guess
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:52 PM #32
Kill4honor

Kill4honor owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexi ca40k View Post
During a game this guy with an apex swore by this kind of method. He liked to sit really far back and "snipe" players with the curve. I honesty don't know if he got anyone out but if it's works I would go for it.
I can support his statements. I use an apex barrel and by turning the curve all the way up while being in the default position (facing downwards), the ball will essentially float across the air and it will travel with nearly no drop. I have sniped two enemies on a spool field from at least 500 feet, you have to use it to believe it.

The curve is also incredible, I have used it to curve downwards at very tight angles and eliminated people in doing so even when they are behind a 4-ft tall cover
Kill4honor is offline   Reply With Quote