Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-22-2013, 02:42 PM #1
JonKlemm

Paintballs for Lapco Bigshot

I recently got a 12" Lapco Bigshot for my t98, and I was looking at this list for what paintballs to get to fit it well. https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=916326

I got PMI premium paint, since it was .689 - .691 and the Bigshot is .689, but the paintballs don't fit, they're not even close. The balls are almost 2mm too small. I originally tried Diablo Infernos, that are supposed to be .688 - .691, but they were way too small as well. Does anyone have a Bigshot and know some paintballs that fit well?
JonKlemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2013, 03:04 PM #2
B3ARC1AW

You could always get your barrel freak bored. That way you could use any paint you want. Paint is always going to very slightly based on batch, age, and climate.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:17 PM #3
MenosDaBear

MenosDaBear owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The size of paintballs differs greatly depending on a lot of factors. The batch, weather, storage, and more. There is no way to look at at list and pick out one that will fit your gun. This is why people who shoot the same exact brand and model of paint every week still have a barrel kit. PMI premium might size in at .679 one week and .685 another. I personally haven't seen anything remotely close to .689 in a few years, most paint is much smaller now. The insert I use the most is a .681 and there are times that is too big.
MenosDaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:07 AM #4
drgonzo
Half-cocked

has been a member for 10 years
you don't really want the balls to fit "well" as you describe. you want them loose or tight. those balls should have been fine, but your efficiency might have been poor.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:30 PM #5
JonKlemm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenosDaBear View Post
The size of paintballs differs greatly depending on a lot of factors. The batch, weather, storage, and more. There is no way to look at at list and pick out one that will fit your gun. This is why people who shoot the same exact brand and model of paint every week still have a barrel kit. PMI premium might size in at .679 one week and .685 another. I personally haven't seen anything remotely close to .689 in a few years, most paint is much smaller now. The insert I use the most is a .681 and there are times that is too big.
Ya that's what it seems like, the paintballs I used to get that were big aren't made anymore, that's too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
you don't really want the balls to fit "well" as you describe. you want them loose or tight. those balls should have been fine, but your efficiency might have been poor.
I haven't played with them yet, only tested. I don't know how much efficiency I could have in a game when testing with no wind, half the balls go 50 feet then curve off hard in a random direction. When the balls are too small thats what they do. The best balls I had with my old barrel were just big enough to get friction with it, but still roll through the barrel.
JonKlemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:57 PM #6
vector911

vector911 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
vector911 supports Ninja Paintball
Premium has been pretty consistent at .685 for me this year.
Empire Resurrection
vector911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:06 PM #7
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonKlemm View Post
I haven't played with them yet, only tested. I don't know how much efficiency I could have in a game when testing with no wind, half the balls go 50 feet then curve off hard in a random direction. When the balls are too small thats what they do.
Not true. Balls do that when they are old/settled/out of round/dirty/your barrel is dirty, but paint fit has no measurable effect on accuracy.