Community Focus

Old 06-27-2012, 10:49 PM #22
eforce
Factory PB

eforce is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Here's why I will never buy any of that stuff again. Keep in mind, this is coming from a guy that got his start in the woods and owned that type of gear before - I'm not just some kid that bashes this stuff for ****s and giggles. The mil-sim category in general is very cool. It's a completely different style of play and the gear looks awesome. However, it's entirely useless the moment you leave the courses designed for it.

I can buy any speedball gun on the market and have competitive firepower/functionality on a scenario course. However, the most expensive, high-end milsim guns would leave me at an enormous disadvantage on anything but a scenario field. It's big, heavy, loud, inefficient, unwieldy, and makes it difficult to snap shoot. One can argue that those clip fed designs shed weight or make it easier to aim. In reality, they severely limit your firepower, make it a pain to load, and provide your setup with one more thing to cause catastrophic failure. If you were taught how to aim, you don't need a fancy sight or offset/clip fed feed system - you can aim very accurately by looking own the side of the barrel.

The bottom line is that if you want to experience scenario ball, pay the extra $10 or whatever your field charges to get one of the mil-sim style rental setups, and use the rest of your money to buy a setup that isn't useless if it's not used in a specific format.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2012, 06:00 PM #23
Psiworx

MagFed is hard. There is nothing about it that is easier. The first thing you learn is that mags won't feed junk and there is an awful lot of junk paintballs in the world. That goes double if you are playing at a "field paint only" field. Mags require that you are shooting a ball that is round and somewhere close to the industry standard of .6875. Mags won't feed eggs, they won't feed over sized paint, and they chop undersized paint.

You can't leave paintballs in the mags for any extended amount of time. That goes double in hot weather. Paintballs absorb moisture and swell up. Drop one in your toilet one day, then come back in a hour. It will teach you a lot.

Trying to play with 20 rounds in your gun against people who have 400 round Pinokio loaders on theirs is hard. Shooting more paint than the other guy has been proven over and over to be the most effective method of eliminating opponents in paintball. You will be at a severe dis-advantage playing MagFed.

If you are ever lucky enough to play at a MagFed event though....you'll get to play some of the best paintball there is to play. There is something inherently fun about playing in a game where I have 20 rounds in the gun and you have 20 rounds in yours. You will find that most people who play MagFed grew tired of blowing through 2 cases of paint a day a long time ago, have no aspirations about ever being a professional player, and are generally there just to have fun. The hard part is (and remember, everything is harder in MagFed) finding enough mag players to have a MagFed only event. MagFed is still relatively new. There aren't that many players out there...yet.

And we don't call it MilSim. MilSim got hijacked by every Tom, Dick, and Harry that wanted to get on the band wagon starting back in 2005. Geez, Youngblood is making camouflage and Jacko is putting rails on Ethas. The whole paintball world has gone whack.

Doug Brown

p.s. Get a MILSIG

Proconnect3
Psiworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:20 PM #24
Countingthedays

Countingthedays owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Countingthedays is attending Decay of Nations VI
Wouldn't it be great if someone did a mag fed gun without all the rails and stuff? I don't feel the need to be tacticool, but i might actually like to play a mag fed game. I bet companies like milsig could get the cost wayyy down if they'd get rid of the extraneous stuff.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:51 PM #25
robot0ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countingthedays View Post
Wouldn't it be great if someone did a mag fed gun without all the rails and stuff? I don't feel the need to be tacticool, but i might actually like to play a mag fed game. I bet companies like milsig could get the cost wayyy down if they'd get rid of the extraneous stuff.
A tippmann a5 with a conversion kit would probably be the closest. It has one top rail and I believe its dovetail. Definitely a minimalist mag fed design

"Originally posted by Tempted: The length of the barrel."

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...705&highlight=
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:55 PM #26
Countingthedays

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot0ninja

A tippmann a5 with a conversion kit would probably be the closest. It has one top rail and I believe its dovetail. Definitely a minimalist mag fed design
Just looked, that's pretty cool. Except for the price of extra mags!
Old 07-05-2012, 08:41 PM #27
robot0ninja

Yeah. But the d mags are supposed to be coming out in august and they're supposed to be $5-10 a piece

"Originally posted by Tempted: The length of the barrel."

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...705&highlight=
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:57 PM #28
Countingthedays

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot0ninja
Yeah. But the d mags are supposed to be coming out in august and they're supposed to be $5-10 a piece
Just watched a video on them, that looks pretty cool. I'd be really surprised if they could do them that cheap though.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:12 PM #29
tlane77
I like to pump it

tlane77 plays in the APPA D5 division
tlane77 is a top reviewer
tlane77 is Legendary
tlane77 is Boss
I play pistol only, both mag fed and pump. I got sick and tired of dropping $100 everytime I play. Now I pay for entry and play all day with less than a bag of paint.

Here is my current set up:

T8.1, 7 mags, and a belt. I wear speedball gear. I don't go all milsim with the rails, sites, etc. I only take 56 rounds onto the field but I make them count. I also play speedball with my pistol. It comes down to actually playing paintball and not waiting for someone to run through a stream.

My pistol shoots 290 FPS just like any speedball gun. I can hit the same target everyone else can. I'm at a "disadvantage" as you say, maybe, but I move twice as much.

It's a different style of play. I like limited paint. While my friends are dropping $50 on a case everytime, I am still using the same bag from the last time.
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:29 AM #30
7ribe

Those mags sure get expensive
7ribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:20 AM #31
Slo poke

What has seemed to be left out is that if you buy a T9 or T9.1 is that if you don't dig the mag option you toss the hopper adapter on there in about 30 seconds and go back out. So you get the best of both worlds with a reliable mag fed and hopper fed marker.
Slo poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:27 PM #32
tlane77
I like to pump it

tlane77 plays in the APPA D5 division
tlane77 is a top reviewer
tlane77 is Legendary
tlane77 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ribe View Post
Those mags sure get expensive
Yes but if you find a quick and easy way to reload them on the field you won't need to buymore than 3 or so. I only take 4 out and reload out there.

People also sell of their mags fairly cheap too.
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:03 PM #33
eforce
Factory PB

eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo poke View Post
What has seemed to be left out is that if you buy a T9 or T9.1 is that if you don't dig the mag option you toss the hopper adapter on there in about 30 seconds and go back out. So you get the best of both worlds with a reliable mag fed and hopper fed marker.
You're still running off a 12g CO2 cartridge or a cumbersome remote line.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:37 PM #34
Slo poke

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
You're still running off a 12g CO2 cartridge or a cumbersome remote line.
I use co2 or HPA in the stock. But most of the time co2. I use a small 50 round hopper to keep things tight.
Slo poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:15 PM #35
1972chevelle

I'm looking to get into mag fed I've been playing primarily with my warsensor g2 I like having to use tactics and pick your shots so now I want a rifle what would be I good option for a budget of 300 thanks
1972chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:48 PM #36
razer215
Tiberius T8.1 Player

Man, Looking at this tread sure makes me inspired to buy a mag fed rifle. Can anyone recommend me the good brand for a rifle with Mag fed?

Currently playing with T8.1 +4 mags
razer215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:27 PM #37
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
t9.1,rap4 gen6, anything rap4. ask everyone else for more info but those companies are on the road to succes and innovation. go with one of the two if you have the cash. I have NO clue what thos mag conversion kits are like though for tippmans.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:45 AM #38
eggwhite6
don't small towns suck?

eggwhite6 supports Team VICIOUS
eggwhite6 is for the Gunfight
eggwhite6 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
milsig makes some pretty sweet mag fed guns but there really expensive. lowest priced one is like 600 dollars.
eggwhite6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:09 AM #39
Tempted (Banned)

I just sold my RAP4 M4 METS... Kicking myself in the *** too. I really liked that gun, don't know what I was thinking when I offered it to someone. The METS is a .43 caliber marker, each clip holds 20 rounds and it has trigger lock when the magazine is empty. The rounds are each individually cased in a metal shell, after every shot it ejects them just like an AR would. I normally use 88 gram disposable cylinders. The paintballs are small and don't require as much force to propel, this makes the marker extremely efficient. Most of the time that 88 gram cylinder lasts 5 or 6 days playing.

Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:13 AM #40
Tempted (Banned)

The clinks you hear are the shells ejecting and hitting the ground.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:26 PM #41
razer215
Tiberius T8.1 Player

man. .43 cal paints are hardly accepted anywhere. if not i would have bought P99 RAM. I still like the T8.1 tho.
razer215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:15 AM #42
Tempted (Banned)

Most places I've asked said that 11mm paint was fine to use, most even allow higher FPS with it.