Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 06:07 PM #253
Homemade Caddy

Homemade Caddy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Homemade Caddy is for the Gunfight
Homemade Caddy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Homemade Caddy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Brazil will win the 2014 World Cup, Enough Said.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2012, 06:20 PM #254
Somnambulistz
Should I Fake My Orgasms?

has been a member for 10 years
Somnambulistz supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by nePhantom View Post
For the first time... EVER.... I'll be cheering for Chelsea.....
then you we're really never a scouser to begin with....

LIVERPOOL FC

I cycle everywhere (and smile allot and enjoy it), and I can do so because Pat told me this is America, you can cycle where you damn well please.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:29 PM #255
Somnambulistz
Should I Fake My Orgasms?

Somnambulistz supports Ninja Paintball
oh wait, in that CL match you mean, sorry, misinterepted you were jumping ship, sorry....

LIVERPOOL FC

I cycle everywhere (and smile allot and enjoy it), and I can do so because Pat told me this is America, you can cycle where you damn well please.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:50 PM #256
Boomer94
Easy

Boomer94 is BST Trusted
Boomer94 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Boomer94 posts videos on PbNation
Boomer94 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm going to see SKC take on Galaxy this weekend, I'm pretty hyped
Old 04-04-2012, 07:31 PM #257
JohnnyBananas

Facing probably the best club team ever along with the fact that they get all the favorable calls (beyond favorable...) from the refs. Ahhhh, cmon Chelsea let's ****ing upset them!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:50 PM #258
SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA
Darwin is watching you.

SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
If Chelsea manages to do that I will wear a beanie for a week.

I cannot get my view on coaches perfectly said or across (not your fault at all), so to prevent ruffling of feathers I will just hold my tongue.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:06 PM #259
Mr. Y2K
Prime Minister of Canada

Mr. Y2K is a Supporting Member
Mr. Y2K is a founding member
tfc keeps this score line we're in the ****ing champions league finals!

This is my witty remark.
Don't be hatin
Old 04-04-2012, 08:44 PM #260
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnambulistz View Post
oh wait, in that CL match you mean, sorry, misinterepted you were jumping ship, sorry....
Bingo. I hate Barca the most. I really hate Chelsea. But how Barca play IMO is an embarrassment to the sport.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:48 PM #261
ajdx1000
GnarKill

ajdx1000 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA View Post
If Chelsea manages to do that I will wear a beanie for a week.

I cannot get my view on coaches perfectly said or across (not your fault at all), so to prevent ruffling of feathers I will just hold my tongue.
No I really want to understand what you are trying to say.

I do agree that there are some boneheads out there that play route 1 soccer to get Ws and do not develop players. I just wanted to point out there are a lot of good ones that the current system does not benefit. I think if pay to play was gone these coaches would get found out a lot easier.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 04-04-2012, 09:22 PM #262
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdx1000 View Post
And quite frankly US Soccer doesn't do well at coaching education.
A typical D,C,B,A license course is focused more on executing a training session under US Soccer guidelines than it does on teaching the game.
They expect you to come in with the knowledge already which kind of defeats the purpose of the courses beyond getting a piece of paper.
Truth, at least at the D and C levels. If you can follow their formula of making everything a game instead of a drill, you will probably be passed at least at a state level (I assume they are still doing State D, National D, State C, National C, etc.) The philosophy seems to be that a trainer can be hired (by the parents) to teach skills, and the coach only has to conduct practices properly because the game teaches itself.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

WTB Action Markers Diadem

Old feedback
Old 04-04-2012, 10:23 PM #263
SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA
Darwin is watching you.

Coaches who are very good tend to be found at Academy's. These coaches want to be successful and go to the stronger clubs. This vacuum leads to some clubs being forced with leftovers. As you have said these coaches do not really understand the game as it as easy to gain a coaching license as it is a referee license. If we could spread out the good coaches the players would become better and better, but there is not enough of these coaches.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:29 PM #264
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
Truth, at least at the D and C levels. If you can follow their formula of making everything a game instead of a drill, you will probably be passed at least at a state level (I assume they are still doing State D, National D, State C, National C, etc.) The philosophy seems to be that a trainer can be hired (by the parents) to teach skills, and the coach only has to conduct practices properly because the game teaches itself.

custar
I have been sitting on my National D for a while now. They call it the D Pass / D Fail now, if you want your C you have to retest and pass to move on.

The biggest thing holding me back is the price for the return I get. Sure I get a C license and I can go on, but in talking to other coaches with As and Bs, they do not really teach the game. They hit on things like the principles of defense, but don't apply it to real life situations.

What I wish they would do is have the candidates watch a live game or two, do analysis of the game(s), develop a lesson plan for the week, and then run the session. All of this would be done in tandem with the staff doing their own analysis, lesson plans, and sessions so that the candidates could learn what to look for and how the staff would approach things. As it is right now, they say build a session around transitioning from offense to defense and away you go. It is up to you to go brainstorm the lesson plan. That isn't education, that is a test.

You are right though, they operate under the assumption that the parents will seek additional training at the individual level. It is just so disconnected from the reality that is youth soccer in the US. Further, they develop curriculum based on the elite of each age group when it is really the second and third (and so on) teams that truly need the most help with development.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 04-04-2012, 10:31 PM #265
SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA
Darwin is watching you.

The coaches who decide to coach a lower competitive team to make them be able to play at a higher level are the true un-sung heroes
Old 04-04-2012, 10:44 PM #266
Uncle Blazer
Loose butthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Y2K View Post
tfc keeps this score line we're in the ****ing champions league finals!
Didnt last long.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:45 PM #267
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Quote:
Coaches who are very good tend to be found at Academy's. These coaches want to be successful and go to the stronger clubs. This vacuum leads to some clubs being forced with leftovers. As you have said these coaches do not really understand the game as it as easy to gain a coaching license as it is a referee license. If we could spread out the good coaches the players would become better and better, but there is not enough of these coaches.
Again with the Academies. So many "academies" in the US are complete nonsense and are just a reason to fleece a few hundred more dollars out of parents that it needs to be clarified what you mean. There are very, very few true academy teams in the United States.

I can tell you right now that there are VERY good coaches at my club who do not coach academies.

To go back to my marquee name bit, coaching licenses can be bypassed by the level of play that someone has done.
For example, John Doe plays professionally for the Seattle Sounders, he automatically qualifies for a B license due to his level of play. He decides he wants to coach. He has no experience as a coach but now has a high level license as well as a playing pedigree.
Jane Smith did not play professionally. She gets into coaching knowing she has no playing future in the sport that she loves. She has 15 years of coaching experience and has developed lots of players in her time.

The Sounders want a new youth team coach. Who are they going to hire?

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 04-04-2012, 10:50 PM #268
SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA
Darwin is watching you.

I am talking about the literal Academy system which travels every weekend and goes to showcases.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:57 PM #269
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Quote:
I am talking about the literal Academy system which travels every weekend and goes to showcases.
Nice. I point at my scenario involving the fresh, never coached a day in his life ex pro versus the experienced, established lady. Who would get hired?

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 04-05-2012, 07:22 AM #270
SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA
Darwin is watching you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdx1000

Nice. I point at my scenario involving the fresh, never coached a day in his life ex pro versus the experienced, established lady. Who would get hired?
It's obvious who would for a multitude of reasons.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 AM #271
custar

Quote:
The coaches who decide to coach a lower competitive team to make them be able to play at a higher level are the true un-sung heroes
True. A lot of the top level teams when kids are just starting their classic (or competitive or academy) careers are just the kids who matured earlier. A significant number of kids on the second and third level teams are slower bloomers. Because of that, the kids who make the top level teams at 10 and 11 years old top out early while the other kids continue to develop physically and in skills, usually winding up bigger, stronger, and faster by the time they are 16 - 18 years old. However, because those kids were on lower level teams, it is harder for them to break into higher level teams. Part of this is because of parental involvement but also because there are way too many coaches who don't know how to evaluate talent (or care to) and just go with what others have chosen in the past.

Quote:
You are making assumptions that are not borne out by real life. Sure, the former pro player has the marquee name and cachet, but there is absolutely no guarantee that he/she can impart his/her knowledge to others or that he/she has the temperament to be a good coach. See, Diego Maradonna. And Dunga.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

WTB Action Markers Diadem

Old feedback
Old 04-05-2012, 08:44 AM #272
GIZMO8Z
(|||+)

GIZMO8Z is a Supporting Member
I love him to death... but it's time to let Pato go. This is just crazy...

Quote:
Alexandre Pato’s season has come to an end after the Milan man suffered another muscle injury in the 3-1 loss at Barcelona.

The Brazilian international was recently given the all clear after medical checks in America last week, but his comeback lasted just 13 minutes at the Nou Camp.

“His season is over,” revealed Rossoneri doctor Jean Pierre Meersseman to the Gazzetta dello Sport. “We’ll have to start again when he has healed.

“But who will take the responsibility of playing him again? I really don’t know which Saint I should now turn to...”

Pato, who almost joined Paris Saint-Germain in January, has picked up 14 muscle strains since January 2010.

“He’s been all over, from Germany to America, in a bid to resolve his fragile muscles,” Meersseman added.

“He’s been looked at and cured. I’ve even asked my spiritual therapist to pray for him…

“I didn’t sleep at all after the Barcelona game. I’ll take responsibility for the relapse, even if I don’t know what they are.

“I didn’t solve something in three weeks which hasn’t been resolved in two years.

“Pato was declared fit on 13 occasions, but evidently he wasn’t healed. When I saw on the TV that he was injured I felt bad. I wasn’t expecting it to go like that.”

Robin Hood(100% Positive Feedback(Old Format))
Old 04-05-2012, 02:41 PM #273
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Quote:
List the reasons! That's all I have been asking for.

That and what you define as par for coaches.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Closed Thread