Community Focus

Old 03-26-2014, 09:36 PM #43
Jeenyus^
Pollo Vagabundo

has been a member for 10 years
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuttDutt48 View Post
I bought my Luxe like this as well, its definitely really cool looking.

Is this hydro dipped?

One of the coolest luxes I've seen!
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2014, 09:46 PM #44
DradenPB#10

plays in the NXL
DradenPB#10 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DradenPB#10 plays in the APPA D4 division
DradenPB#10 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Looks absolutely beautiful!!!
DradenPB#10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:21 PM #45
ThePBLife

ThePBLife supports Ninja Paintball
Hydrodipping is very durable if applied right. It's all about good prep. My friend's Ion.

ThePBLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:49 AM #46
lakemuska

not gonna lie... totally craving hydrodipping one of my markers now
lakemuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:07 AM #47
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
IIRC anything produced by Dye In DyeCam that is not clothing or clothing like is Hydrodipped. The DAM, the i4, the Rotor, etc.

Hydrodipping has been around a while and they do it on just about anything. Wheels, helmets, RC Car bodies, etc. Most RC Car companies were hydrodipping their Ready to Run cars as far back as the early 2000s.

The stuff is really durable and can withstand a lot of punishment but it does add about a quarter to half a mm or so thickness to the part. Thus a lot of parts that have to fit into other items, such as the feedneck, will not get dipped.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:32 AM #48
EthanK.
Orange Shirt #251

EthanK. owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
EthanK. supports Ninja Paintball
EthanK. is a Forum Captain
That turned out really nice.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:36 AM #49
MrBrent007

MrBrent007 is playing at Living Legends VIII
MrBrent007 is playing at Living Legends IX
MrBrent007 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MrBrent007 supports DLX Technology
I love to see people still playing with Autocockers. In fact, why don't we have a badge for Autocockers? I have one in my arsenal that I need to dust it off. I think the timing is off, but you just gave me the motivation to get it back out on the field.
MrBrent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:28 AM #50
LU_aDaK
Brindle T2 & Resurrection

My Zr1 turned out fantastic. Only minor snag was the eye covers. But the rest looks great. Just remember not to set it down in the woods, you may lose it forever

It has been very-very durable.

LU_aDaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:18 PM #51
Geldor
The Red Barron

Geldor has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Geldor has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPopTart View Post
I have a passion for autocockers. I love playing with them, love working on them.
Thats the exact same reason I only play with autocockers. My buddies always get pissed off when they are down on the field playing and they look around and can't find me, because I'm always working on them or tweaking them off the field to get them to work just right. To them it's a waste of time. For me, I started playing in the early 2000's, and at my local field thats what everyone shot back then. It was the only gun I ever wanted, but now I've got like 5 of them. Everyone always told me "If you get one, don't mess with it because you'll break it." But being the tinkerer that I am, I fell in love with them for the learning curve that came with owning/operating them. The best way I can describe my love of autocockers is that they just have so much life in them, verses any normal gun that just goes "pop/shoot", When I pull the trigger on my cocker or any cocker for that matter so many things happen at once. I get to see it come to life, I get to see how it operates and how it works. Almost every autococker is different, and yet they all function in the same manner. The way I see it, there's an autococker out there for everyone, whether if it's waiting to be built or bought, there's one out there to match every ballers personality/style. I love the buid man keep it up!
Geldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:23 PM #52
beanmaster50
Lake Superior LEGACY

beanmaster50 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
beanmaster50 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
A guy at my local field did this with an AXE and it looked pretty cool.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:28 PM #53
D_Boy_21

D_Boy_21 plays in the PSP
D_Boy_21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
D_Boy_21 plays in the APPA beginner division
D_Boy_21 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
They turned out amazing! I may have to do this with my next pump build
D_Boy_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:06 AM #54
89raider
all gas no brakes

89raider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
89raider supports Team VICIOUS
89raider plays in the APPA beginner division
89raider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
not sure how many of you guys have seen dipped real steel but it is pretty much never straight or flush

Cockers look beautiful though
Old 03-28-2014, 08:22 PM #55
EvilPopTart
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Mega Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 is playing at Living Legends XI
EvilPopTart is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
the first post has been updated with the build mini body
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:37 PM #56
gunz411

gunz411 is a Supporting Member
Wow looks awesome.
gunz411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:21 PM #57
<GHOST>

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud64 View Post
All the hydro dipped markers look awesome.

Just make sure that you are dealing with an experienced hydrodipper. I had my Ego 11 done and it was destroyed by the dipper. I had another hydro dipper look at it to see if he could fix it and even sent it in to Planet Eclipse. They both told me that the marker was a large paper weight now.
The marker was used only two times and was garbage after I had it dipped.

Do your homework, and make sure the company is properly trained and experienced.
hydro dipping is a film thats added on the gun is thin film......if its destroed as you said the comany that did it will be insured...and if not you can get it annoed ???? no???
<GHOST> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:53 PM #58
ColoradoFuel5
Nick M.

Not trying to thread jack however. Yes having guns done, we personally played for 10 years each and i am a trained and certed tech with almost every gun company and i feel that plays a huge role when i hydrodip paintball equipment as it is very easy to ruin a gun if you dont know what you are doing or what can allow over spray on it and what cant in order to maintain a proper shooting/functioning marker when re assembled.

Here is some markers we did last year and the lot of hoppers we did. Enjoy
Ego 11(lime green marble)
before clear coat.

After Clear
coat

Custom DM4 Project True Carbon fiber
dip

Tippman TPX Pink tiger stripe

G6R in White Houndstooth carbon fiber, with custom airbrushed throwback Alabama logo.
Hoppers.

For those worried about durability, please check with any and all my customers for a testament to the durability.Here is a quick video to quickly show the stuff takes a beating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t--uFmpIHI
ColoradoFuel5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:23 AM #59
cloud64

cloud64 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
cloud64 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by <GHOST> View Post
hydro dipping is a film thats added on the gun is thin film......if its destroed as you said the comany that did it will be insured...and if not you can get it annoed ???? no???

Well, the company got paint (they have to have a paint basecoat for the hydro dip to adhere to.) inside all of the marker.
It was inside where the Lpr was along with where the rammer sits, and the bolt area.
I was told by the hydrodipper (the second one that I asked to repair my marker.) along with Eclipse that is was toast. If they would try and remove all the paint with a stripper, it would affect all of the tolerances.

I had paint and hydro dip all over. The threads on my barrels had been painted and hydrop dipped. You could see massive amounts of paint and debris built up inside of my barrels. It was such a mess.

The company said that they were going to refund my money for the dip, but never actually sent me my money. They refuted that they damaged my markers and barrels, even though the other dipping shop agreed with Planet Eclipse that they messed up and the marker was a paperweight now.

The problem that I also have is that this was an American company that dipped my items, and I am from Canada. It makes it hard to have any legal recourse.

Just make sure you deal with a good dipping company and you should be alright. Just understand there are risks.

I later got another barrel kit along with a Z2 hopper done by a legit company and I love them. Excellent job.
cloud64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:44 PM #60
cloud64

cloud64 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
cloud64 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Here is a pic of my Hydrodipped items. The top barrel was from the first dipper. You can see the threads where dipped as well along with having a glossy finish which I didn't want. The back of the Z2 was from the first dipper as well. (I didn't have any backplates to send to be dipped.) The rest is from the second dipper, which I am very pleased with.

You can see the quality difference from the backplate from the first dipper to the second dipper. The first one didn't use the right basecoat as well. It has a yellowish color to it.

This next pic was given to me by the first dipper after he tried dipping it.

And this was what was inside my barrels

cloud64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:59 PM #61
EvilPopTart
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Mega Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 is playing at Living Legends XI
EvilPopTart is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Well, the company got paint (they have to have a paint basecoat for the hydro dip to adhere to.) inside all of the marker.
It was inside where the Lpr was along with where the rammer sits, and the bolt area.
I was told by the hydrodipper (the second one that I asked to repair my marker.) along with Eclipse that is was toast. If they would try and remove all the paint with a stripper, it would affect all of the tolerances.

I had paint and hydro dip all over. The threads on my barrels had been painted and hydrop dipped. You could see massive amounts of paint and debris built up inside of my barrels. It was such a mess.

The company said that they were going to refund my money for the dip, but never actually sent me my money. They refuted that they damaged my markers and barrels, even though the other dipping shop agreed with Planet Eclipse that they messed up and the marker was a paperweight now.

The problem that I also have is that this was an American company that dipped my items, and I am from Canada. It makes it hard to have any legal recourse.

Just make sure you deal with a good dipping company and you should be alright. Just understand there are risks.

I later got another barrel kit along with a Z2 hopper done by a legit company and I love them. Excellent job.

Did you try fixing the marker? Seems like you could be able to soak the body in mineral spirits and then use a tooth brush to scrub most of that crap out.
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:46 PM #62
ColoradoFuel5
Nick M.

Quote:
Here is a pic of my Hydrodipped items. The top barrel was from the first dipper. You can see the threads where dipped as well along with having a glossy finish which I didn't want. The back of the Z2 was from the first dipper as well. (I didn't have any backplates to send to be dipped.) The rest is from the second dipper, which I am very pleased with.

Wow. Please tell me you didn't pay that guy, and was it the dippity zoo da fut
You can see the quality difference from the backplate from the first dipper to the second dipper. The first one didn't use the right basecoat as well. It has a yellowish color to it.

This next pic was given to me by the first dipper after he tried dipping it.

And this was what was inside my barrels

Wow. Please tell me you didn't see that guy. Was it the dippity door da guy? This is the reason a proper dipper is not cheap , also why when I get someone say they can buy a dyi kit I tell them to go for it, it takes RPMS of practice and knowing what the heck your doing or the understanding of the products you are dipping. I play paintball am a cert. Market tech with almost every company. I am a advid firearm shooter and we are working on getting our FFL gunsmithing license. I went to college for automotive industry management and know mechanic stuff as I have a bachelors degree in that field. I believe it is these reasons and my knowledge and quality of work that sets us apart from most in the dipping business. My prices are generally in line with most or cheaper too. I am sorry that you had such a negative experience. Feel free to contact me next time you are looking to have something done.
ColoradoFuel5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:27 AM #63
cheese_nipz

Snow camo Axe

Got this done for a good buddy of mine a few years back, still looks as good as it did when it was first done. Cant find a good picture though...