PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 10-07-2012, 08:49 PM #1
rossman901

rossman901 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Cedar Hill Farms Paintball

Getting a group of my friends to go down there this Saturday. I get tired of the monopoly Memphis Paintball Park has, $90 for a case or even going to EZ paintball to pay for over-priced paintballs.....is not in my category of things to do. The only problem with CHF is people taking wayyyyy too long and not being prepared to play(ie having your paint with you, etc, etc) and the refs are kinda ehhhh. But $20 for course fee and all day air is key. If you would like to join us, let me know. We shoot high end guns and would like to have some fun. I mainly like the barrel course in the back. Come on down and have fun.
rossman901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2012, 07:44 PM #2
Budliteallnite
MidSouthOutlaws FTW

Budliteallnite plays in the MiLP
Budliteallnite supports Team VICIOUS
Budliteallnite plays in the APPA D4 division
Budliteallnite supports DLX Technology
play on the first or third sunday and you can bring your own white fill paint...
Old 10-09-2012, 08:07 AM #3
rossman901

I know that, but it's more of the principal. It's still $40 a case online, unless you know somewhere better. I can buy a case of $60 paint for $20(at an undisclosed location) and go play down there. Not that I am against little kids, but there seems to be a lot of little kids at Memphis and I'd like to play with more people my age or above. Also, the speedballers at Memphis seem to be a little rude, so I'd just rather not, although I would like to play some speedball, which CHF took away.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:08 AM #4
rossman901

Sorry for the run-on sentence at the end. Got carried away there. Lol
Old 10-09-2012, 01:47 PM #5
themaxx-captain
-= EZPaintball.com =-

themaxx-captain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
themaxx-captain supports Cereal Killerz 2
themaxx-captain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
When was the last time you played at Memphis? I've been to the last 10 - 12 BYOP Sundays in a row. I'm the guy that sets up the PA system to run the Xball Scoreboard... since I've been to the BYOP events, I've seen nothing but friendly, competitive matches on the Speedball course. We had several new faces at the park this past weekend and they all commented how friendly and cool the speedball players were. In the past few weeks, there have been several new faces that have also commented the same... and returned to play more often.

At the end of the day, a group of rental players came up to play speedball... I ran the Xball clock for them and afterwards, I let them shoot my paint through my ego 10, so they could see what a high-end gun was like. I say this because that is the norm... not a rare occurrence. Every BYOP, we have accommodated for new players, rental groups, etc... there has been no bullying or dominance of the airball field. We had several matches last week where 1 Pro player, 1 D1 player, 1 D3 player, and 2 rookies were playing together... and afterwards, the more experienced players were giving tips to the new players and complimenting what they did well.

So, I don't know how long it's been since your last visit... but for the past 5 months, I can vouch that the attitudes from the speedball players have been very friendly and welcoming to new players.

Last edited by themaxx-captain : 10-09-2012 at 02:08 PM.
themaxx-captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:28 PM #6
rossman901

Def been a minute. Last time I was there it was definitely a different demeanor in the way they ran things/the cockiness/don't talk to me attitude the speedball players gave. Maybe I am mistaken now, but it left a sour taste in my mouth. I have a EGO 09, but honestly I have never played speedball. I would like to experience it and see what it is all about. I think I could hold my own.....but you never know.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:43 PM #7
themaxx-captain
-= EZPaintball.com =-

Gotcha, I had heard similar reports... but since I've been back, my experience has been completely opposite from what I heard.

Anyways, I'm glad to see another paintballer in the area and you should come out and join us for the next BYOP. I'll be easy to spot, when I'm not playing on the field... I'm running the laptop and the PA system. Usually wearing a grey JT pants and a Memphis jersey.

We usually try to play sets of "Race to 2"... with 2 minutes between each point. We try to simulate the timing between points at an paintball event. We try to include everyone... and make an effort that no one is sitting out for multiple points.

At the end of the day, when paint is getting low or only a few remain... we go onto the field and run some individual skill drills (Snap shooting targets, running and shooting, 1v1 snap shooting, etc). You're welcome to join us for any of those as well.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:16 PM #8
rossman901

I appreciate the kind demeanor you've taken in your responses. Most would get defensive if someone was speaking about things they don't know. I will def come out on the 20th and see what's up. I would like to get some experience playing in speedball and get my a** kicked. That is the only way you can learn, is form learning from someone better than you. I have the tools necessary to play, but I need to up my skills to get to the point to where I need to be. I will look like an idiot, because the Empire 4+3 i own doesn't like my 160 dye pods, so i turn it upside down from the way it is supposed to go lol. I would rather look dumb than spill my paint everywhere!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 PM #9
frak07

frak07 plays in the MiLP
frak07 plays in the APPA D5 division
I can also vouch for everything Maxx-captain says. Good people, Good times and good games at MPP.
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4118754
Proudly Sponsored by www.trademygun.com
Proudly Sponsored by HustlePaintball.com
frak07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:17 PM #10
Blusylver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman901 View Post
I know that, but it's more of the principal. It's still $40 a case online, unless you know somewhere better. I can buy a case of $60 paint for $20(at an undisclosed location) and go play down there. Not that I am against little kids, but there seems to be a lot of little kids at Memphis and I'd like to play with more people my age or above. Also, the speedballers at Memphis seem to be a little rude, so I'd just rather not, although I would like to play some speedball, which CHF took away.
That would be Cody Clark
Old 10-09-2012, 06:44 PM #11
rossman901

Well, I don't know names lol. But that's pretty funny. Idk who he is. The guy, who I believe had an EGO, and tattoos everywhere(which I don't mind....I have a sleeve myself) was really nice when my dm was messing up. So that, I can commend, but like I said....they were ***** last time I went out there. What all guns do you guys shoot??? I have a pretty mint dm6 and an 09
Green/green Vicious EGO.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:48 PM #12
frak07

frak07 plays in the MiLP
MPP seems to be full of gun hoarders (not whores).
I have Clone GT, Ego Sl8R, Geo 2.05, Freeflow Shocker and a mini.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:01 PM #13
rossman901

I just got back into paintball two months ago and am already collecting....I see my hoarding going out of control. Two guns, three tanks, and two rotors already. Full suit(doesn't match but it looks ok), empire pod pod, and cleats. I used to have a minimag and autococker back in the day.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:14 PM #14
themaxx-captain
-= EZPaintball.com =-

I shoot an Avalanche Ego X... but I'm a recovering gun hoarder, here's my former arsenal... LINK
Old 10-10-2012, 08:42 AM #15
rossman901

You have/had some nice stuff. Hard for me not buy every gun that I see and like. Wallet tells me yes, gf tells me no lol.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:31 PM #16
Egos_taking_Memphis
Need more Guns

Egos_taking_Memphis owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Egos_taking_Memphis supports Team VICIOUS
Back on point Memphis needs work. David hires people/keeps staff that could care less about paintball business. that park is run down, heck a kid got his eye shot out. (let's say I saw the netting getting replaced right after that happend) does any one remember a time when John ran that place?
Egos_taking_Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:33 PM #17
themaxx-captain
-= EZPaintball.com =-

Yes, I've played there when it was Congo, Challenge Park, Paintball Park of Memphis (under John's Management). Heck, I even worked there as a referee back when it was Challenge Park.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:33 PM #18
frak07

frak07 plays in the MiLP
I put in many hours helping construct some of the fields when it was challenge park. The park isn't run down. I was there the day that kid "got his eye shot out". He got hit in the face by a stray ball. He wasn't hurt, he didn't get his eye shot out. If you want, I could give you his phone number and you could ask him yourself. I'm sure David wouldn't appreciate those lies.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:47 PM #19
rossman901

He wasn't hurt?? Lol ok. He only looks like cyclops. I don't know what happened, but the kid can't open his eye. I actually played the other day at cedar hill with him and he needs surgery, but he doesn't hurt.....once again, lol. There needs to be changes made at Memphis and it could absolutely own. Lower paint prices and I'm there. I don't want to be limited to Byop days cause it's f***in $90 if you're not a member. That's retarded. Case closed on that issue. As far as refs, scott(you ego shooting *******), I actually had one of the good ones. He pushed us to play and made sure we kept our barrel socks on and what not....which is what Cedar Hill is lacking. But once again, $20 all day air/course fee....this honkey is there!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:55 PM #20
frak07

frak07 plays in the MiLP
The new nets went up in May. He "got his eye shot out" before that? Strange, You'd think he would have sugery by now. At the very least he should be able to open his eye considering it's been more than five months. Oh wait, you said "I don't know what happened"

Why don't you stop bashing MPP over things you know nothing about.

I don't $90 per case of paint but, I'm sure if the paint didn't sale and the park wasn't packed every weekend Zorn would change something. Eric and David Zorn have done more for paintball in this area than everyone else combined.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:23 PM #21
rossman901

Lol that kinda surgery is expensive. Maybe he doesn't have insurance? Idk, Idc....I didn't bring that up anyway. All I know is the dude has a cyclops eye from getting shot and I doubt it was self-inflicted. I said nothing bout the park except the stupid paint prices, which is $90 a case for non-members and $70 for members, at the park. All that....ridiculous. Last time I looked, I made this post....if you don't like it, go cry to someone else. If you don't think those paint prices are retarded, then do your thing and I'll do mine. Wasn't starting a bunch of bs with this in the first place, just trying to get some people to play paintball. It's packed up there with a bunch of private parties, which is awesome! I'm not knocking it, I'm saying I work hard for my money and it will be spent wisely.

Last edited by rossman901 : 10-19-2012 at 11:26 PM.
ReplyRegional Ups