Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 09:29 PM #1
abercrombielife8

has been a member for 10 years
What is so great about Excals??

hey,
what is soo awesome about excals that keep excal owners talking so much about how they rock??? what makes the excal so great? is it accuracy, speed, or what?? i play with a dark angel, give me a good reason to shoot an excal over a dark angel.
thanks
john
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2002, 10:07 PM #2
Pablo2K4

I shot an excal at MGO this weekend, I didn't notice that much of a difference. I think its price, and that it is low pressure.

Tyler
Old 01-28-2002, 05:47 AM #3
Paulis

Read around...

But to sum it up in one run-on sentence, efficiency, no chops, little smaller than an angel (see Actionjunkie!'s Angel-Excal comparison thread), quiet, fast, consistant, these guns are nice, maybe not something to give a dark angel up for...you'd have to decide that.
Old 01-28-2002, 12:57 PM #4
vvconst

vvconst is a founding member
not to mention the trajectory of the paint. of all the markers out there, the excal shoot the same as a cocker and if you appreciate a cocker than you'll understand.
Old 01-28-2002, 03:12 PM #5
Dem0n697

Shot my friends excal..

Well, to say the least, I've played with many angels, and this weekend I got a chance to shoot my friends new excalibur. I have to say it has a much better feel. Feels more solid and balanced I think.

Not to mention, I can really say I can rip an excal trigger alot easier than an angel. Maybe that angel triggers I've played with werent great, or were to light, but the crisper feel of the excal makes it easier I think.
Old 01-28-2002, 04:20 PM #6
Pablo2K4

If you are talking about the range thing with cockers....thats bs. Take a course on physics and you will understand why.

Tyler
Old 01-28-2002, 04:32 PM #7
HardcoreSilence
Hate Me

Quote:
not to mention the trajectory of the paint. of all the markers out there, the excal shoot the same as a cocker and if you appreciate a cocker than you'll understand.
Tyler, if your talking about this, where does it say anything about range? im pretty sure hes talking about how these guns are gentle with paint. and YES we all know paint-to-barrel match bud, i think thats more common since so dont try to tell us all our closed-bolt markers dont shoot farther because we dont think that..
back to topic, i like the feel of the marker, the sound, the uniqueness of it, the company, dont chop, reliablity, i just love it
Old 01-28-2002, 04:34 PM #8
Pablo2K4

My bad, I just *assumed* he was talking about that. Dont get me wrong, I wasn't bashing cockers/excals or anything.

Tyler
Old 01-28-2002, 06:29 PM #9
HardcoreSilence
Hate Me

No prob Tyler, where you live? Perhaps i could let you shoot my excal? Is there any excal owners around you? Anyways, didnt mean to rude, sorry if i did, if you have any other questions about excals id be more then welcome to help ya, about more then anything its just what the user wants. later.
Old 01-28-2002, 06:35 PM #10
Pablo2K4

HS, I live in shreveport, louisiana. I just shot a viking and an excal on saturday at the MGO. I loved them both, and I wouldn't mind owning one.

Tyler
Old 01-28-2002, 06:38 PM #11
vvconst

thanks hardcore, i was not refering to range at all but rather the "trajectory." maybe its me but i have often notice that the open bolt electros have a characteristic arc coming out of the barrel and i've observed this in the bushy, tribal and the angel. since i have not shot them, so i can't speak for the timmy and impluse. the excal rather shoots like the cocker with a flat trajectory, without that "bounce" out of the barrel.
Old 01-28-2002, 07:45 PM #12
HardcoreSilence
Hate Me

Tyler: Cool man, im glad to hear you like the feeling, good luck on geting the excal or viking
ccvon: No prob, iv also noticed that too in some open-bolt markers.
Old 01-28-2002, 08:58 PM #13
Paulis

I have no clue..

What you guys are seeing here. Out of the Angel, Impy, cocker, mags, and my excal, I have seen NO change in trajectory, range or accuracy.

Just me, maybe..
Old 01-28-2002, 09:44 PM #14
HardcoreSilence
Hate Me

Quote:
What you guys are seeing here. Out of the Angel, Impy, cocker, mags, and my excal, I have seen NO change in trajectory, range or accuracy.
i could see some differance if the imp had the right size bore and the cocker bore was off .006, bud.
Old 01-28-2002, 10:10 PM #15
djmjohan

use the same freak barrel

on both that Angel and Excal. Just change the back, same insert, same front = same barrel really. And then check back here with the results..
Old 01-29-2002, 05:32 AM #16
Paulis

Uhhh...

Why are you throwing in a change in bore size? I realize everything changes when you change the bore on one barrel, that goes without saying.

We're talking freak barrel, same insert, same paint.
Old 02-12-2002, 08:02 PM #17
Plastic_Merc_39

Actually he is correct we did some field testing with a freak and an impulse and the same with a cocker and Matrix and the cocker with same paint to barrel match full tank and everything shot the ball a little flatter than the matrix and impulse and the cocker had about 2 feet distance wise on the matrix and quite a bit on the impulse. The cocker shot the flatest over the matrix by a hair and then the impulse had nothing on them both honestly and the Angel was about the same as the Matrix all around...
Old 02-13-2002, 01:06 PM #18
vvconst

i don't really have a "test," but i've been playing with both an angel and an excal on the freak and i can definitely say that the excal shoot much flatter than the angel. of course its with the same insert and paint match.
Old 02-13-2002, 03:01 PM #19
MilesDyson

Paintballs are eggs...

I usually just read these posts, but what the hell. Go here and you'll understand why people see what they see:

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8&pagenumber=4

Read my last post.
Old 02-13-2002, 06:32 PM #20
Calin

Calin is a Supporting Member
Calin donated to help Peyton Trent
Calin supports Bob Gurnsey
Don't pay attention to MilesDyson. He thinks he is funny and knows something. In his other posts he claims that Spyders and Cockers shoot the same. With that knowledge we know he is a forum reader and poster and not a player.

Anyhow there is nothing great about the excalibur that will justify its 1200 cost. Supposedly it is reliable and such but as we all know with the history of AKA products its just another hype. The only thing great I see about the excal is its ability to put a big hole in your wallet. Angels cost is justified because it is also supposedly reliable and such but the difference is that it is imported and made in England which brings its cost up and then on top of that people have to make their profit to stay a live so that is why it costs so much.

Truly "ignorant" people are those who call others "ignorant, misinformed, uninformed" and are the same people that have lost an argument.

Typos happen.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:10 PM #21
MilesDyson

nice rebuttal..

Please tell me that you could tell the difference between a paintball shot by a spyder and one shot by an autococker or any other gun for that matter. Does the autococker make the balls fly nice and flat? Do you automatically get more range when you use an autococker? What makes them do that? Closed bolt operation? Heh. Yeah, you should really be the one to talk about hype.

Anyway, clear up what you mean by saying that I think "they shoot the same."
Closed Thread