Old 11-26-2012, 01:41 AM #1
lewizz124
Slewis

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
lewizz124 is playing at Living Legends VII
lewizz124 owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
lewizz124 plays in the APPA D4 division
Okay so I don't hear a lot of specifics about holding lanes. What are your guys methods for holding a lane? Most ppl say you just shoot a lane, but we all know we don't usually have paint to continually shoot lanes for those longer games. I try to keep a good stream and hold it down but as I use up my paint I slow my roll so to speak. What do you guys do? Is one balling a lane even effective? Do you stop shooting and just keep an occasional burst going or what? Lets hear it. II think we could all benefit here.
lewizz124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2012, 08:51 AM #2
turmoil
that's the bottom line

turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil posts videos on PbNation
turmoil has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
turmoil is Boss
I tend to keep a solid lane going early in the game...right off the break and for the first ~30 seconds or so. Mostly just to keep any big moves to a minimum.

From there I try to put a couple shots out at irregular intervals and I always shoot as close to the bunker if I know where they are. I've caught quite a few people this way when they head check.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:13 PM #3
Paintball-Rambo

[quote=turmoil;77347030] Mostly just to keep any big moves to a minimum.QUOTE]

Agreed. Also when shooting close to bunker or cover try not to hit the same spot so the opponent can't pin point where the shots are coming from.
Paintball-Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:54 PM #4
lewizz124
Slewis

plays in the NXL
lewizz124 is playing at Living Legends VII
lewizz124 owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
lewizz124 plays in the APPA D4 division
This is all helpful keep it coming. I always hear generics about shooting lanes but never hear any specifics.
lewizz124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:48 AM #5
docbiddy
iBlastfools

docbiddy plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
docbiddy supports Pev's Paintball
make sure to walk to field and know specifically how high up you need to angle your gun to hit your sweet spot down field. i love coming off of the gate, blinding/ghosting on a bunker near home taking a knee and dropping paint on my opponents using blind shots. you can be invisible and they wont even know your shooting at them or where you are if its done right. as far as laning, know exactly where they are going to run and slide. like most teams fail to hit me when i run snake because instead of running straight there i almost run in a wide arc behind their lanes and slide in, blind them out and crawl up. if done right you should shoot slightly behind and before a bunker but always depends on the layout
docbiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:49 AM #6
jsgnado1996
jsg_nado

jsgnado1996 plays in the APPA D4 division
jsgnado1996 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If you are playing back center or edging, realize that the player you are trying to shoot is running full speed and your paint takes a half second or so to reach him. This means that you are more likely to hit him with a stream placed closer to his intended bunker. Also, people often overslide.their bunkers so shooting the other side of the bunker after they slide in can be especially effective. The pros tend to use the two lane technique- right off the horn fire a few (no more than 5) shots close to their gate to catch any stragglers or players trying to edge. This is called the "primary". Second, the player switches his lane to directly in front of the bunker he thinks the runner is going to. This is the "secondary". It is a good idea to take practice shots before the point to get a feel for the height you need to shot at. Hope this helped!
jsgnado1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:00 AM #7
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bump_Pitch supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgnado1996 View Post
If you are playing back center or edging, realize that the player you are trying to shoot is running full speed and your paint takes a half second or so to reach him. This means that you are more likely to hit him with a stream placed closer to his intended bunker. Also, people often overslide.their bunkers so shooting the other side of the bunker after they slide in can be especially effective. The pros tend to use the two lane technique- right off the horn fire a few (no more than 5) shots close to their gate to catch any stragglers or players trying to edge. This is called the "primary". Second, the player switches his lane to directly in front of the bunker he thinks the runner is going to. This is the "secondary". It is a good idea to take practice shots before the point to get a feel for the height you need to shot at. Hope this helped!
I like this technique, I have seen it work in person
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote